Listening In

Listening In
By Patt

Prompt Word: Eavesdrop
Word Count: 1,116

Jim was outside his loft door, getting ready to put the key in when he heard Blair talking to someone on the telephone. He knew it was the telephone because the second voice sounded very faint and far away. He listened for a moment and realized it was Connor. Jim knew he shouldn’t be eavesdropping, but he couldn’t help it.

“No, I can’t tell Jim that. What are you nuts?” Blair asked Connor.

“Are you afraid he’ll smack you around or something?” Connor asked.

“Jim would never hit me, but he could ask me to move out and that would be worse,” Blair admitted.

“Okay, so what are you afraid of?” Connor inquired.

“He’s as straight as they come and I can’t tell him that I want to bend him over the kitchen table and fuck him senseless,” Blair said softly.

“He probably already knows it anyhow, Sandy,” Connor pointed out.

“What do you mean he might already know it?” Blair asked incredulously.

“He’s a Sentinel for Christ’s sake, Sandy. You’re his Guide you ought to know this.”

“He would never let me stay if he knew, believe me,” Blair said sadly.

“What are you talking about? Are we talking about the same Jim Ellison? The one that would do anything for you?” Connor asked.

“Connor, there is a limit as to what a friend would be willing to do,” Blair said.

“He loves you, I’m telling you and I’m rarely wrong. I can tell the way he looks at you and he talks to you. He doesn’t do that with anyone else. Only you,” Connor stated.

“Connor, you’re out of your mind. Jim doesn’t love me, he just likes me as his friend, partner and roommate. Believe me I’d know what to look for,” Blair assured Connor.

“This is insane, I don’t know why were even discussing it. You’re a chicken shit and won’t say anything to him anyhow,” Connor accused him.

“Damn straight. I guess that’s not totally true anymore, is it?” Blair started laughing, sounding almost hysterical.

“Sandy, why are you getting hysterical?” Connor heard it in his laugh.

“Because I’m going to have to move so I don’t say or do something that will offend Jim,” Blair said sadly.

Jim stood outside his door and couldn’t believe what he was hearing. He had feelings for Blair for some time, but didn’t say anything because he figured the babe magnet wouldn’t be interested. It was weird finding out that Blair felt the same way he did. Now he just had to bring it up without telling Blair he heard his entire conversation. He leaned against the wall and waited to see if the phone call was almost done.

“You are not going to move, you twit,” Connor warned.

“Easy for you to say, you’re not in love with Jim,” Blair declared.

“Oh you are so full of it. He’s in love with you too. Just talk to him and if he doesn’t feel the same way you do, then you can move in with me,” Connor invited, knowing he would be worried about where he would go.

“You’d let me move in with you?” Blair wondered.

“Of course, that’s what best mates are for Sandy,” Connor confessed.

“I’ll think about it and get back with you later,” Blair said winding down for the night.

“I’ll call you later to see how it went,” Connor replied.

“Okay, thanks for being here when I needed you, Connor,” Blair said thankfully.

“Bye, Sandy.”

“Bye, Connor.” And Blair hung up the phone.

Blair didn’t know what he was going to do about this. He surely didn’t have enough courage to talk to Jim about it, because he would know if Jim swung both ways, right?

Jim stood out in the hallway waiting a good amount of time before he unlocked the door and walked in. When Jim came through the doorway, Blair came walking out of his bedroom and said, “Hey Jim. How was the stake-out?”

“I heard what you said on the phone,” Jim blurted out.

“Oh god, I’m so sorry, Jim.” Blair said.

“What are you sorry about? Sorry that I heard it, or sorry that you love me?” Jim asked defensively.

“Sorry that you heard me,” Blair admitted. He kept waiting for Jim to blow a fuse, but he wasn’t. Jim seemed almost calm and that scared Blair even more.

“Well, I’m glad to hear that you’re not sorry you love me, because I love you too,” Jim confessed.

“You what?” Blair asked incredulously.

“I said I love you, too.”

“Holy shit,” Blair blurted out.

“So where do we go from here?” Jim asked.

“I guess dating would be a good place to start,” Blair suggested.

“Can we make out on the sofa tonight?” Jim almost begged.

“I think that could be arranged,” Blair said smiling.

Jim walked over to Blair and leaned down and kissed Blair with all of the need, want and desire he could muster. It was working, because before long Blair was panting with need.

“Maybe dating isn’t that important,” Blair said.

“I think we should go slowly. Make out tonight, date tomorrow night and sleep together the next. How does that sound?” Jim couldn’t believe he was going to be sleeping with Blair Sandburg.

“Sounds good to me. Are you hungry?” Blair asked.

“For you, always,” Jim answered.

“I meant for dinner, I made something and can heat it up for you,” Blair offered.

“I ate on the way home. So I suggest we sit on the sofa and make out like teenagers.” Jim took Blair by his hand and almost tossed him onto the sofa.

“Have I mentioned lately that I love you?” Blair asked.

“No, but I liked hearing it,” Jim said.

The phone rang and Blair answered, “Sandburg.”

“Sandy, how are you doing now?” Connor asked.

“I can’t talk to you, I’m making out with Jim on the sofa,” Blair said quickly.

Jim started laughing and kissed Blair’s neck while waiting for him to get off the phone.

“I told you.” Connor hung up the phone, she knew she was right and he would have to learn to live with that from now on.

“She’s got a big mouth, everyone will know soon,” Jim said as he continued kissing Blair’s neck.

“Does it bother you that some people will know about us?” Blair asked.

“Not a bit. Now could we stop talking and start kissing? And making out does include groping doesn’t it? “Jim wondered aloud.

“It sure does,” Blair said and began his own version of groping right then and there,

This was going to be good.

The end

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *