Movie/series pilot—29-Nov-96............John Woo's Once a Thief (John Woo's Violent Tradition)
1-1—15-Sep-97............The Big Bang Theory
1-2—22-Sep-97............Rave On
1-3—29-Sep-97............Trial Marriage
1-4—06-Oct-97............Art of Death
1-5—13-Oct-97............Mac Daddy
1-6—20-Oct-97............Wang Dang Doodle
1-7—27-Oct-97............It Happened One Night
1-8—10-Nov-97............Drive, She Said
1-9—17-Nov-97............Jaded Love
1-10—17-Jan-98............Wedding Bell Blues
1-11—24-Jan-98............That Old Gang of Mine
1-12—31-Jan-98............Last Temptation of Vic
1-13—07-Feb-98............Mama's Boys
1-14—14-Feb-98............Li Ann's Choice
1-15—21-Feb-98............True Blue
1-16—28-Feb-98............Kangaroo Court
1-17—07-Mar-98............Little Sister
1-18—14-Mar-98............The Director Files
1-19—21-Mar-98............Shaken Not Stirred
1-20—28-Mar-98............Politics Of Love
1-21—25-Apr-98............Family Reunion
1-22—02-May-98............Endgame

John Woo's Once a Thief (also called John Woo's Violent Tradition)
movie—series pilot

Mac Ramsey and Li Ann Tsei have been adopted by Mr. Tang, the godfather of a Hong Kong crime family. Mac and Li Ann are lovers. They work together with Michael, Mr. Tang's biological son, as an expert team of thieves. Everything changes when Michael falls in love with Li Ann and convinces his father to let him marry her.
Meanwhile, Mac is disturbed to find out that the Tang family is involved in arms dealing. Assigned to guard the family's money, Mac decides to steal some instead and run away. Mac tries to convince Li Ann to come with him, and after she sees Michael murder a man she agrees to go with Mac.
Michael tries to stop them. Li Ann escapes into police custody, but Mac is trapped inside an exploding warehouse. Mac survives.
Eighteen months later, the Director approaches him in jail and blackmails him into working for the Agency. When he arrives at the Agency in Vancouver, he glimpses Li Ann.
When he makes contact with her, he finds that—thinking Mac was dead—Li Ann has become engaged to another agent, Victor Mansfield. The Director forms Mac, Li Ann and Vic into a crime fighting unit.
Meanwhile, Michael Tang arrives in Vancouver to try to pressure the banker Robertson Graves into dealing with the Tangs. The Director assigns her trio to find out who is threatening Graves.
They start tailing Graves; Mac makes a rash move that results in a hostage situation and Vic performs a daring motorcycle chase, and they discover that the Tangs are involved.
The Director sends Vic to Michael, pretending to be a dirty police officer willing to sell information, and she sends Mac to steal the Rembrandt painting with which Michael plans to finance a buyout of Graves' bank.
Mac and Vic are surprised to run into each other in Michael's compound, but work together to steal the painting. Then Mac goes to Michael and offers him the painting, in return for letting Mac back into the family. Michael agrees only on the condition that Mac give him Li Ann as well.
The Director decides that it would be too dangerous to hand Li Ann over, so Li Ann takes the painting and goes on her own. Michael captures her and is about to escape with her and the painting when Mac and Vic come to the rescue.
A battle ensues, and at the end, to avoid killing Li Ann, Michael drives off a pier.

Synopsis by Shadowscast

Guest Cast: Robert Ito (Tang Godfather), Michael Wong (Michael Tang), Nathaniel DeVeaux (Dobrinsky), Alan Scarfe (Robertson Graves)

Back





The Big Bang Theory
(series premiere)
It's three months since Mac joined the Agency, and his probationary period is almost over.
Mac, Vic and Li Ann get an assignment: the team is supposed to intercept a man, Massenhoven, outside a bank and find out what he's carrying. Massenhoven escapes their notice by cross-dressing, deposits a disk in the bank, and then is killed on his way out by a hit man working for Thermo Rakis.
The Director tells Mac that he's a failure, and frees him. He goes straight to a restaurant the Director mentioned, where he saves the beautiful owner, Kathy Chao, from a couple goons. Kathy is involved with Rakis; he orders her to get the disk from the bank. She goes to Mac with a sad story, and he helps her steal it—only to encounter Vic and Li Ann in the bank.
Kathy runs away with the disk, and Vic and Li Ann reveal that it contains a list of people who helped dissidents escape China; the Tangs are on the list.
Mac convinces Kathy to tell him where the disk is, and the whole team works together to get it back.
Finally the Director reveals that she was manipulating Mac all along, and he's still on the team.

Synopsis by Shadowscast

Recurring Cast: Howard Dell (Dobrinsky)
Guest Cast: Rachel Shane, sometimes credited as Valerie Chow (Kathy Chow), Ernie Grunwald (Thermo Rakis)

Back

Rave On
Episode 1.2

Several locals, aged 18 to 20, have drowned mysteriously. The Director has the team look for connections. Meanwhile, Nikki, the teenage daughter of another Director (deceased), is caught robbing a convenience store.
The Director assigns Nikki to the team as a "cultural consultant," but she keeps escaping their custody and getting into trouble. The investigation progresses, and it's discovered that all the victims were regulars at the rave club the Hard House, owned by Sam Francisco.
Connections are found to Dogstar shipping. Nikki escapes from Dobrinsky and goes to Dogstar, where she meets the "Colonel" and learns that he's an ex-KGB agent who's developed a new business killing kids from the Hard House and selling their identities to members of the Russian Mafia.
Li Ann shows up at Dogstar to investigate and Nikki betrays her to the Colonel. The Colonel, Sam and Nikki go back to the Hard House with Li Ann as a captive; Vic follows and engages them there.
It turns out that Nikki was double-crossing the Colonel; at the last minute she saves Vic and Li Ann.

Synopsis by Shadowscast

Recurring Cast: Howard Dell (Dobrinsky), James Allodi (Nathan Muckle)
Guest Cast: Liisa Repo-Martell (Niki), Don McKellar (Sam Francisco), Mark Wilson (The Colonel), Shawn Mathieson (Jimmy Niccolini)

Back



If you'd like to submit an episode synopsis or review please send it to us at: thebanband@gmail.com


home
[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Fanart] [Episodes] [Characters] [Cast] [Resources] [Links] [Guestbook] [Mailing List] [Zines] [Home]