That Old Gang of Mine
Episode 1.11

Something has changed in the Janczyk crime family, and the Director sends Mac to the Janczyk mansion to find out what. Mac is caught inside by Jackie Janczyk, who looks like a Barbie doll, talks like a Valley girl, and is the new head of the Janczyk family since her father went crazy. To stop her from killing him, Mac tells Jackie he's from the Tangs.
With Mac missing, the Director sends Vic and Li Ann out for information. Vic takes Li Ann to a peep show where his former informant (and lover) Ivy works. Ivy gives them some info, and then Mac shows up back at the Agency with the same info. The Director is not happy that Mac brought up the Tang name with Jackie; she's afraid this will actually draw the Tangs into the fray. Indeed, the Tangs show up, and find Mac at the Janczyk mansion. A firefight ensues but Mac escapes.
Meanwhile, Ivy's in trouble, and she agrees to betray Vic. She shows up at his apartment saying she's in trouble, and they reminisce about old times, and then she lets hit men in. Vic gets away alive, with Ivy, who he gives to the Director.
Then Jackie decides it would be fun to have a gang war, so she captures the Tang godfather. Mac and Li Ann follow them to the Santa Claus Parade warehouse, hoping to save Mr. Tang. The Agency sends the Cleaners in to take him out. Vic follows to help Mac and Li Ann. Finally Jackie is captured, and Mac and Li Ann let the godfather go.
Synopsis by Shadowscast

Recurring Cast: Julian Richings (Camier) Greg Kramer (Murphy) Victoria Pratt (Jackie Janczyk)
Guest Cast: Robert Ito (Tang Godfather) Cynthia Preston (Ivy) Ricky Palmer (Young Mac) Doug Lennox, Mark Kaupa

Back

The Last Temptation of Vic
Episode 1.12

During a mission, Vic gets sidetracked protecting two young women from assailants, and he fails to provide backup for Li Ann and Mac when they need it.
In response, the Director gives Vic a three-day suspension. Then Vic is surprised in his home by several mobsters, who give him a new stereo and take him to a meeting with Carmello Orsini, whose niece is one of the women Vic rescued.
The Director gets wind of this opportunity to infiltrate a local crime syndicate, and she tells Vic to get in with Orsini; Vic refuses, but the Director gets him in anyway.
Vic gets along well with Orsini, and is uncomfortable in his undercover role. Vic also discovers the Director meeting with a strange set of three agents who mysteriously resemble Mac, Vic and Li Ann.
Meanwhile, Mac and Li Ann discover that Jackie Janczyk is walking around free. Jackie shows up as another new recruit of Orsini's.
Then internal mob politics motivate Orsini to betray Vic to another mobster, Sonny, while Orsini's nephew, Fausto, plans to betray him to Sonny.
They all meet in a dark alley, where Li Ann and Mac show up just in time to save Vic—with help from Jackie, who has been recruited by the Director!
Synopsis by Shadowscast

Recurring Cast: James Allodi (Nathan Muckle) Victoria Pratt (Jackie Janczyk)
Guest Cast: Mark Lutz (Bizarro Mac) Ron Lea (Carmine) Joseph Griffin, David Nerman, Emanuelle Chriqui, Joe Grosso, Dorothy Bennie (Bizarro Li Ann) Chris Lamon (Bizarro Vic)

Back



Mama's Boys
Episode 1.13

Mac witnesses a jewelry store robbery, and becomes infatuated with Angie Rivers, the hostage. When he sees her walking around free the next day, he introduces himself, and she brings him into her family of time-warped jewel thieves.
The Rivers try to emulate the lifestyle of 1960's sitcom families. The Rivers family is headed by Edie, their tranquilizer-popping mother figure, but a mysterious Mr. Smith pulls the strings.
Hoping to learn more about Mr. Smith, Mac convinces Vic to join up and help him help the Rivers steal a famous diamond. They steal the diamond successfully, but Mr. Smith shows up and captures Mac, Vic and the Rivers.
Mr. Smith has decided that the Rivers aren't useful to him anymore, and plans to eliminate all of them. Luckily, the Director has sent in Jackie and Li Ann, who (reluctantly) work together to rescue the boys and the Rivers.
Also in the episode: the Director is annoyed at the team for rules violations, and decides they need to spend some time with Agency support staff. Vic, Mac and Li Ann witness Murphy and Camier's autopsy of a murder victim, and later Vic and Li Ann share some quality time in the records department with Nathan.
Synopsis by Shadowscast

Recurring Cast: Julian Richings (Camier) Greg Kramer (Murphy) Victoria Pratt (Jackie) James Allodi (Nathan)
Guest Cast: Fiona Loewi (Angie Rivers) Laura Press (Mom Rivers) Matthew Godfrey (Danny) Kent Staines (Donny) Richard Yearwood (Mr Smith)

Back

Li Ann's Choice
Episode 1.14

At the start of this episode, Vic and Mac are both in danger, and Li Ann can rescue only one of them. She chooses Vic. Mac, who survives anyway, is upset by her choice. Li Ann herself is troubled. The Director gives Li Ann time off to think about it, while she assigns Mac and Vic to guard an informant named Harry O'Boyle.
Harry is a longtime employee of a criminal family called the Yorks, but he's unhappy with the direction that family has taken since the patriarch, Simon, died.
Meanwhile Simon's two surviving sons, Ed and Fred, prepare to receive a shipment. Jackie becomes Ed's personal trainer. Li Ann tortures herself over her choice, and spends time with Nathan trying to learn about the Yorks.
Vic and Mac fail to get along well with Harry. Then they take Harry out to a bar and end up his captives. Harry has double-crossed the Agency; he actually intends to pass the York fortune over to the Lancasters, Simon York's other sons.
Vic and Mac are held at gunpoint by the two Lancaster brothers. Li Ann once again finds herself in a situation in which she can save only one of the boys. The time she finds a third option; she turns her back to the gunmen, confusing them momentarily so that Vic and Mac can save themselves.
Meanwhile, Jackie disarms the bomb Harry left in the bar and shares an intense moment with Dobrinsky, who had been playing the piano in the bar. The Director herself captures Harry.
Synopsis by Shadowscast

Recurring Cast: James Allodi (Nathan Muckle) Victoria Pratt (Jackie Janczyk) Howard Dell (Dobrinsky)
Guest Cast: David Keeley (Freddie York) Sean Tagore (Mustaff Jann) Harry Hill (Harry O'Boyle) Richard Waugh (Eddie York) Roman Poodhora, Tony Munch, Ross Manson, Victor Ertmanis, Tom Max, Warren Harris

Back



If you'd like to submit an episode synopsis or review please send it to us at: thebanband@gmail.com


home
[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Fanart] [Episodes] [Characters] [Cast] [Resources] [Links] [Guestbook] [Mailing List] [Zines] [Home]