Trial Marriage
Episode 1.3

A husband-and-wife team of freelance terrorists, Peaches and Herbie Kinsbrunner, comes to town.
The Director has the team look for connections between their appearance and the recent deaths of several top scientists. When Mac is supposed to tail the Kinsbrunners but ends up arresting them instead, the Director has Mac and Li Ann take the Kinsbrunners' places to try to find out what they were up to.
Vic, meanwhile, with the help of the virologist Lysenko's grad student assistant, discovers that Lysenko may have been holding a sample of the Bantu virus. After Lysenko shows up dead, the Director manages to trick the Kinsbrunners into telling her that Lysenko had been planning to auction the virus off to the highest bidder.
Mac and Li Ann attend the auction as the Kinsbrunners; the grad student shows up with the virus to sell, and the real Kinsbrunners escape police custody and show up, too. The ensuing battle ends in a standoff with Herbie held at gunpoint, and Peaches holding the sample of the virus. Herbie tries to convince Peaches to release the virus, but she re-thinks their relationship and decides not to.
Afterwards, Li Ann decides to postpone her engagement to Vic.
Synopsis by Shadowscast

Recurring Cast: Howard Dell (Dobrinsky)
Guest Cast: Jonathan Higgins (Herbie), Kathryn Greenwood (Lysenko's assistant), Sabrina Grdevich (Peaches)

Back

Art of Death
Episode 1.4

The team is assigned to take down a terrorist organization, the Human Liberation Front.
Mac and Li Ann are not happy to learn they'll be helped by McCoy, a Tokyo police officer who once arrested them. They claim he enjoys shooting people. McCoy's view of the world seems to appeal more to Vic. Mac's and Li Ann's fears are confirmed when McCoy shoots and kills an innocent man while in pursuit of Lola, a courier for the HLF.
Li Ann takes Lola's place and infiltrates the HLF. Alexa, the acting leader of the HLF, views death as the purest form of art.
She plans to blow up a bio-research lab, contaminating a suburban neighbourhood with deadly bacteria and viruses. Mac, Vic and McCoy arrive at the lab in time for a showdown.
Vic stops McCoy from executing Alexa, and Li Ann manages to stop the bomb, but Alexa chooses to die.
Synopsis by Shadowscast

Guest Cast: George Takei (McCoy Matsumoto), Kristin Lehman (Alexa Lundquist)

Back



Mac Daddy
Episode 1.5

The team intercepts what they think is a shipment of weapons, but it turns out to be human body parts. They thought the shipment was from Harvey Stone, a weapons dealer; in fact it was from Stone, who needs new lungs.
The black market organ smugglers seem to have some connection to the Healing Soul spa, so Li Ann is sent there undercover as a customer.
Meanwhile, Mac goes home and finds an intruder there—his biological father, who he hasn't seen in six years.
Back at the spa, Li Ann finds evidence that illegal organ transplants are being performed in a secret operating room. Mac and Vic go to Healing Soul and discover Mac's father there; Mr. Ramsey says he's there for a liver transplant.
Li Ann is captured by Dr. Adam Petrosian, the owner of Healing Soul. He plans to steal her lungs for Stone. Mac and Vic arrive in time to rescue her from Petrosian, but are captured in turn by Stone and his thugs. They escape and manage to defeat Stone, assisted by Mr. Ramsey.
Afterwards Mac learns that Mr. Ramsey had actually been at the spa because he was working freelance for the Agency.
Synopsis by Shadowscast

Recurring Cast: Howard Dell (Dobrinsky)
Guest Cast: John Bourgeois (Mac's father)

Back

Wang Dang Doodle
Episode 1.6

A small group of hooligans calling themselves droogs are wreaking havoc all over town, and the team is called in to investigate.
From a conspiracy theorist named Karen Ruby, they learn that the droogs frequent a sex club called Caligula. The Director is a founding member of the Caligula; she accompanies Mac and Vic there. They find the droogs, but a battle ensues and they learn nothing.
Meanwhile Li Ann visits Karen again and learns that the droogs used to be a housewife, a stockbroker and a legal secretary. Then the droogs visit Karen, demanding that she help them find more candy—some sort of drug. Karen arranges for Li Ann to meet the droogs; the droogs demand Li Ann provide them with candy, and they mention Dr. Fry—who the team has seen around the Agency. Confronted with this, the Director explanations that Dr. Fry was developing a mind-control drug for the Agency; the droogs are the result.
The droogs kidnap Dr. Fry, and the Cleaners are sent to kill Karen. Vic and Li Ann go to save Karen, while Mac and the Director rescue Dr. Fry, who finds an antidote for the candy.
Finally, the Director wipes Karen's memory of all these events.
Synopsis by Shadowscast

Recurring Cast: Julian Richings (Camier), Greg Kramer (Murphy)
Guest Cast: Brooke Leslie (Reporter), Tamara Gorski (Droog), Joy Tanner (Droog), Douglas O'Keeffe (Droog), Gerry Quigley (Dr. Fry)

Back



If you'd like to submit an episode synopsis or review please send it to us at: thebanband@gmail.com


home
[Stories by Author] [Stories by Title] [Fanart] [Episodes] [Characters] [Cast] [Resources] [Links] [Guestbook] [Mailing List] [Zines] [Home]