NovaD.org home
Erotic Fiction
World of NovaD
FAQ    Links    Contact NovaD
The Secret Logs of Mistress Janeway   The Sentinel    Due South   Venice Heat     Writer's Corner
Gallery Index   BDSM Primer


 



Click to subscribe to novads-page

Hosted by Yahoo Groups

Parents, watch what your children are doing on the Net. This site works with all child security software programs... assuming you have one installed.

SafeSurf Rated Adults Only

RSAC

Cyber Patrol
CyberSitter
Net Nanny
Surf Watch



 Frequently Asked Questions

Mistress Nova, have you ever slept with a cast member of Star Trek?
No, I have had a few drinks with some, bugged a few, danced with another, exasperated and perplexed, or raised the eyebrows of most I've met. But I have not yet done the horizontal mambo.  See the answer below about actors.

How did you get your handle?
NovaD came from a pseudonym my mother picked back when I considered myself a "serious" writer and didn't want my real name associated with frivolous writing. I've since realized that all writing is serious when you put an effort into it. Anyway, my mother assessed my personality and dubbed me Nova. The D comes from Drake which was the last name in my pseudonym.

Do you really tear flesh during a session?
Absolutely not. Since skin regenerators don't really exist, that would be impractical. The bail and court time would cut into my passion for the lifestyle. I personally go for a bit of skin warming or reddening. I don't even bruise. After all, I want the memories to be a fond one.

What is the capital of Pennsylvania?
It's Harrisburg, not Philadelphia, my home town. At one point Philadelphia was the nation's capital, but it is now just really a cool city. Harrisburg is a bit dull in comparison to Philly or Pittsburgh, but it has a nice locomotive museum.

Do women skate in thongs along the beach?
Ah, yeah, they do. The men are near naked as well most times. Fortunately, many of those who roller blade scantily clad look good while doing it. Unfortunately, they move way too fast for me to catch them. I'm looking into the purchase of a large net.

Do I have a Mistress?
No, I have a Master who lives in Atlantic City working as a Craps Dealer. He still looks like Sam Elliot and is still debauching himself quite regularly despite advancing age. He is quite surprised that I finally embraced the lifestyle again after years of repression. He is pleased that I've put the training to good use. However, the dear man believes I've gotten to big for my corset so to speak and thinks I'm overdue for a session (he'll have to catch me first).

Do you need to have your computer turned on to reach this site?
Yes, however, if you are seeing this site without turning it on, why bother now?

Where do you come up with your stories?
A very frequently asked question. I can always tell by the tone (exasperated to delighted) as to whether or not they are fans or detractors. The answers are the same either way. I'm perverted, children. I think about what I'd like to do or have done to me by my favorite characters when I'm writing fan fiction. Or with the original stuff, it may be a retelling of some things I've done to others.

Once the computer is on, can it find NovaD.org on it's own?
No, you have to tell the computer where the site is located. No, don't talk to your computer. People will come to take you away. Type in the address where it says GO TO: the URL or address is www.NovaD.org.

Is there really a Baywatch like the one on TV?
Yes, there is a Baywatch but no the lifeguards aren't like the ones on TV. I've seen men with paunches as well as some that are really short. The women are fit and lovely in a fresh scrubbed way -- no false eyelashes, and certainly no augmentation (though it would give them a lot of buoyancy). On a side note, there are bike cops a la Pacific Blue, but they wear cotton not spandex and the bullet proof vests keeps nipple viewing to a minimum.

Is there any particular toy you're attached to?
The phrasing of this question amused me deeply, as I'm often attached to my favorite toys via the custom made harness. I'd really like one of those Borg attachments. As for favorites, there is a butt plug with the whimsical name of rear admiral. My favorite pieces of equipment would be the restraints. Having a slave in restraints means the fun is about to begin.

Are you more into S&M, B&D or D&S?
A corollary to a previous question, I think. I'm not into heavy S&M. As stated earlier in the FAQ, I don't even like to bruise. And I'm not into humiliation. I've found that with slaves who respond to me (a key phrase, because each slave has different needs) don't need the extreme punishment. I like to restrain and torture with pleasure that is laced with an edge of pain. I enjoy paddling and whipping. But my pets fear me not letting them come more than me harming them.

Do I get emotionally involved with my pets?
In varying degrees. I've been a Mistress five  years now. I'm still involved with my first sub. I care about him as a friend but know that there can be no future as far as a life long romance. There have been others where it was just play time. That honed my skills and was physically satisfying if a little empty. Lately, it's hard to find the time to really develop that sort of relationship.  I'm hopeful and I keep my options open.

Which is better, East Coast or West?
Depends on your taste. I love my hometown and miss it intensely. I adored living in New York and lengthy stays in Washington, D.C. I miss the seasons at times. But I also understand why Californians stay despite fires, floods, riots, and earthquakes. I'm still startled at how beautiful the days are here. I am a beach person. So this is wonderful.

Who are my favorite authors?
For erotica, Thea Devine, my friend and mentor who toils in the realm of romance pushing the envelope into B&D in one book and the glories of tit fucking in another. All the while, this housewife from Larchmont, NY horrifies her two grown sons and her husband, the high school principal. I also, naturally, adore Anne Rice. Then there are the greats like Edith Warton, William Faulkner, Jane Austin and Hunter S. Thompson. I have a pedigree in English lit and a surprisingly diverse taste in prose. Recently, I've developed a taste for true crime and forensic textbooks.  That can be some rollicking bed time reading.

What is your favorite music?
I am a baby boomer, so all of the "classic" rockers. I freely admit I love disco (and can dance to it). I am a Beatles freak who likes Guns 'n Roses. I love Bruce Springsteen (BruceBruceBruce!) I like a Gershwin tune, some blues and some opera. And in a very disturbing development, discovered I enjoyed a Marilyn Manson tune.

Who is the TV/Film personality I'd most like to "have"?
This answer has changed over the years.  After working with several actors I used to watch on TV, I think I would rephrase that to what TV character would I most like to 'have.'  Characters have relatively predictable traits and are always everything that could be desired.  Actors are enigmatic beings with incredibly complex personalities and mercurial temperaments that give them the ability to become people far removed from themselves.  That is fascinating to witness, but it can make the head spin when you're a person who is used to being just you.  So, my answer would be that the characters I would like to have include  Det. Goram, Chris Keller (but not Eliot Stabler,) Rick Stokes and Warick Brown; Ray Kowalski and Benton Fraser (preferably together).  That's a lot of cops -- and one criminal.  In Sci-fi and fantasy, it would be Methos, Malcolm Reed (because he would resist so much) and Spike. In film, it's any male characters that looks good in breeches, leggings or leather skirts with sandals and carries a sword, spear or bow and arrows.

What's the best thing abut being a Mistress?
The freedom to be outrageous. Where it is known about my lifestyle, I flirt to degrees I would have never had considered before. It's sort of expected. Some of the pets who appear in my photo album consented because of an initial flirtation which led to curiosity, etc... I luxuriate in sensuality when I am the Mistress and it makes me feel powerful!

What tip can you give to improve a person's sex life -- B&D or not?
For men, read the erotic fiction on the net. Notice the emphasis on kissing. Women love those passionate, bone melting kisses. Take the time for foreplay. For women, a great book called "Sex Tips From a Gay Man For a Straight Woman" puts it best by saying "just grab it!". Meaning, make friends with the penis. It is delightful, enjoy it. You can also control a man very effectively by making his cock your friend.

Who does the Web Site design?
The original site was designed by Dravyk, a life long friend and business partner.  The recent redesign was by Jared.

Again, if you have a question, please write and we'll put it in the FAQ.

Home