BDSM PRIMER
by Alexis & NovaD
Last Updated 9/12/2000

Hello, fellow Slash Readers and Writers from Alexis and NovaD!

This little work was born from many questions and comments and the occasional flame war from those who write to our web pages or to the Slashkink and other mailing lists.  From those questions and comments, we realized that there is often a basic lack of understanding of bdsm (in fact, one of the questions asked of me from a long-time reader was ‘what DOES bdsm mean?’)  Since we were both attending Friscon, we thought we’d take the opportunity to get out some information that would be useful for anyone interested in reading or writing really kinky slash.

Contained within are on-line resources, books, a glossary of terms, and a description of the gear used in the lifestyle.  It doesn’t come close to having everything that is out on the subject, but it will give a good foundation and places to start looking further.  Hopefully, aside from making reading and writing slash with bdsm themes easier and more fun, it’ll tempt those who never considered it into taking a look.  We are always in the market for new playmates!

Enjoy!

Alexis Rogers
arogers@calweb.com
List Domme for Slashkink@egroups.com
Fiction by Alexis Rogers at http://www.calweb.com/users/a/arogers

NovaD
novad511@comcast.net

Basic Basics
On-line Resources
Books
Definitions of Terms

This material is not to be reprinted for profit.

NovaD.org home page
NovaD.org text page
Contact NovaD