Posts Tagged: ‘clergy’

People don’t listen to homophobes – unless they’re Clergy

12/17/2012 Posted by walterh

This is ultimately frustrating for me. People who are racists are shut down and aren’t given the time of day (as a rule).  The only time they’re trotted out is honestly when they’re going to be shown for the idiotic, neanderthal-like reasoning.  Misogynists are treated the same way.  Are they trotted out and shown on the major news networks for any credible reason?  Nope.

So why are homophobes listened to?  Specifically Clergy homophobes.

We all saw the horrible situation that happened in Connecticut this past Friday.  And as a people, we came together, shed some tears, and raged against the maniac who took the lives of innocents.

What do major clergy come out and say?  That it’s because of “gay marriage” and “abortion” that the shooting happened.

Seriously – why are people given a stage to say these horrible, mean things?  And, to paraphrase a wonderful person I know, what kind of god would kill 26 people, including 20 children, just because two people come together to want to declare their love for one another, and be legally protected like every other married couple?

This is beyond sick.