A collection of Dragons

Main Gallery

By: Shannon Shell

Female Shellonian dragon guarding her hatching egg.
This is the first dragon I ever did. She's what started everything.
Markonian
This little fellow was my second dragon ever. I made him as a surprise gift for a dear friend. He's the reason I have a questionnaire.
Magenian
This fellow is the largest single dragon to date I have made. His wing span folded like in the pic is about 1.5 ft. He was made for another dear friend.
Markonian Mated Pair
This piece is one of the most intricate ones I've done. It's a mated pair of male Markonians. The two dragons come apart and each keeps the other dragon's head.They're a bit like a puzzle.
A Oriental and European dragon climbing a mountain.
This is one of the only pictures I have of this piece. It was the first sculpture I presented to the Jikei representatives as a thank you for the scholarship that let me spend a summer in Japan. Customs murdered it.
A wingless desert breed with european body.
This feisty fellow is a desert breed that lives in South America. He favors Mule deer but will eat the occasional human that wanders into his territory if pickings are slim.
A wingless city breed with european body.
This sweet boy builds a nest to attract a mate. In areas where humans have taken over their native habitats they've adapted to live alongside humans. In city settings they will collect materials from construction sites, metal working facilities, and lumber yards. Businesses that provide materials for this breed recieve tax right offs.
A european type making a coil pot.
This breed travels to clay pits if it doesn't live near one at least once a year. I made this particular dragon for my ceramics professor that supported me in my art.
A clumsy hatchling.
This was the first small one I ever did. He's a Natsunian and lives on the asian continent near the Tibetan region.
An albino Olekisian dragon hatching.
This baby came about because of a kiln accident. She was a full size dragon, but the kiln blew her up. I took the remaining pieces and on the advice of a dear friend used a geode to make her a hatchling.
An Olekisian dragon perched on a rock.
This is another dragon I did for a friend. It's an extremely sweet breed. They love interacting with humans, so long as they don't have hatchlings at the moment.
A Mizunian dragon peering under its foot.
This breed was an accident, but a happy one. I was trying to make the Oleksian, but I ended up with a Mizunian. This breed lives in Hawaii and loves to chase fish into fisherman's nets, so long as it gets it's share.
A city dragon playing with paint supplies.
This little mischief maker was also unplanned, but I adore her. She's another city breed and quite small for a dragon. Her breed has a tendency to let their curiosity get the better of them and loves snooping around inside houses.
A male Shellonian taking care of dogs.
This is a male Shellonian. In the years of young adulthood before maturity, Shellonians are well known for adopting young from other species in order to practice for when they have their own kits.
A european style dragon and a oriental style dragon in a yinyang shape while exchanging young.
This is the second sculpture I made for Dr. Ukifune at Jikei. It made it to Japan with only one break. That's an improvement over the first time.
White dragon and female rider.