The Story

or how it all began...



Fingerprint Dragons began when I was 17. It started as a simple class assignment, but by the time I finished, I'd learned that each had a story to tell. Luna Morte, my first and a Shellonian, is a mother fighting for the life of her young. She survived the collapse of her shelving unit while waiting for her final firing. Out of all the pieces on those shelves, only she and her hatchling survived. She bears scars from this incident, but they only add to her character.

Seasha, a Mizunian, provided me with a flattering experience one day when I was at lunch with my Mom. I didn't wish to leave him in the car, so I took him into the restaurant with me. A few minutes after we'd received our food, a few of the service staff came out. They asked me to remove my pet from the table, as animals weren't allowed. Imagine their surprise when it was a sculpture!

Since then, I've 'discovered' other breeds and met some of their individual members. With each dragon I make I do my utmost to create a sense of life and personality that fits both itself and its breed. Some of the breeds are inspired by people I know or people I meet, while others are a complete surprise, even to me as I see them born. A side-effect of this investment is the fact that they are often given names, either by me or the person receiving them. I take their name and include it in each individual dragon's file, a birth archive of sorts.

Overtime, instead of just single dragons belonging to an imagined breed name I've expanded and created a world of what if. What if dragons were real? What would the breeds look like? How would they live alongside humans? Who would study them and what would they discover? I write each new breed into this world with the aid of such individuals as Saharra and her two protégés, Lindl and Aaron. Saharra, by the way, rather reminds me of my grandmother and my cat.

As to the name, well, it was one of those things that simply fit. The ridges and texture of their scales and various other body parts are created by fingerprints, so they quite simply are fingerprint dragons.This world is an adventure and one I hope to traverse for a good, long while.











White dragon and female rider.