Fandom: Monk
Pairing: Adrian/Leland
Rating: G
Disclaimer: Still poor and I still don't own them.
Notes: Sequel to Happy Valentine's Day, Mr. Monk.
As always for Solace, who is in my thoughts and prayers and Thanks to Kris for taking the time to look over my stories.

Series: Happy Holidays, Mr. Monk
Warnings: Never forget to feed your cat. It is not a good idea for your cat will hunt you down and then will stare at you until you remember that you forgot to feed said cat.
Summary: see challenge *g*

Challenge: the March 2003 Holiday Challenge, St. Patrick's; and to write a story that mentions a green tie and those plastic Green Hats.

 


Happy St. Patrick's Day, Mr. Monk

by Lady Q




Adrian nervously adjusted his dark green tie as he looked in the mirror once more.

'Today,' he thought as he nervously rubbed his fingers over the green silk tie, 'Was St. Patrick's day. The day when all of San Francisco Police force will come out and walk in the parade.'

'For Leland and him, it meant a sort of coming out thing.' He paused as he once more looked in the mirror. 'No, not a coming out of a closet thing. They had both agreed that they weren't ready to come out yet. Only a few close friends knew of their relationship. No, this was a coming out event for himself.' Adrian thought as he grabbed up his jacket and headed for the living room where his lover was waiting for him.

'He, mister afraid of germs, and all around perfectionist, was going to his first parade after two years of being in a coma. A year of getting back into life. He was now trying to get back into just enjoying what life had to offer him instead of living in fear of it. And it was all due to his beloved, Le.'

'Leland Stottlemeyer, his former captain and now lover, was his main reason for conquering all of his fears.'

'The love that Le showed him all the times that they were together gave Adrian an inner strength. The strength to conquer his fears by taking one step at a time and today was the day that. Adrian was going to conquer his fear of public celebrations and with Leland's love and strength, he knew he would conquer it.'

'And if he should ever have a flashback or feel his fear coming back to haunt, Leland would smile softly, as he had in the past, and say they would just have to go slower or take some time out and talk about Adrian's fears.'

Adrian laughed softly as he watched his lover turn around and show off his green derby plastic hat. Leland slanted it slightly towards the left to give him more of a rakish air as he smiled lovingly at Adrian.

"What?" He asked as he wrapped his arms around his laughing lover. "You don't think it's me?" He asked, faking a hurt in his voice.

"Oh, it's you love, it is definitely you," Adrian said as he wrapped his arms around his amused love.

"Well, me dear," Leland affected the worst Irish accent Adrian had ever heard. "I happen to know some wonderful Irish Pubs near by that we should visit before we meet our fellow Irish brother's of the green."

Adrian couldn't help it, he laughed harder as Leland's accent became worse.

Leland held his shaken lover in his arms and tried to look hurt at the laughing man.

"What!" he exclaimed softly as he put on a pouting face. "You don't think that my accent would pass?"

Adrian's laughter slowly began to turn into a chuckle as he shook his head no. "Oh, Leland, how I do love you, but if you keep that accent up, I am afraid that I must leave you. For your accent will keep me laughing at you instead of loving you as you should be loved."

Leland let out a put upon sigh as he said, "Oh, very well, my love. If I must, I must."

Adrian chuckled as he pulled his lover's head down. "I love you, Leland and Happy St. Patrick's Day."

"I love you, too, Adrian and Happy St. Patrick's Day to you," he said as he leaned down to kiss his Irish lover.

The End

 


Challenges * Home * Stories