Fandom: Monk
Pairing: Adrian/Leland
Rating: G
Disclaimer: I paid all of my bills and now I only have a dollar to my name. Such is my very poor life. So therefore I don't own them.
Notes: Sequel to Happy New Year, Mr. Monk.
Thanks as always goes out to Solace, who is in my thoughts and prayers and to Kris, for looking over my stories. :)

Series: Happy Holidays, Mr. Monk
Warnings: Never watch TV land at night because the shows will make you feel old. Then you will get depressed which will make you hungry for Ben and Jerry's ice cream. :)
Summary: see challenge *g*

Challenge: the February 2003 Holiday Challenge, Valentines; and to write a story with a dinner for two.

 


Happy Valentine's Day, Mr. Monk

by Lady Q




Leland let out a soft sigh as he began to start the makings of a romantic dinner for two. He let his thoughts drift to this morning as he worked.

Since Adrian and he had become lovers they have had little time to be together because of their differing caseloads. Now, with a break in both of their case loads, Leland thought tonight was the night for lovers, that he would treat his love to a romantic dinner and a sleep over.

He had called Adrian this morning asking how his caseload was. He could hear Adrian smile over the phone as he told him that he had just finished his last case last night. Leland smiled as he began to play with the phone cord while he asked his lover if he wanted to have a romantic dinner in and sleep over at his place. Adrian said that he was looking forward to it and that he would be there around seven.

Now, as seven o'clock approached, Leland found himself slowly becoming nervous as he had hardly set the different plates on the table and lit the last of the candles when he heard Sharona's car enter the driveway.

Unconsciously, he wiped his sweaty hands down his denim paints as he went to answer the door.

As he turned on the porch light, he saw his lover caring two suitcases and climb up the stairs. He opened the door and watched as Adrian nervously walked into the living room.

They had been together for a month and both thought that going slow in this relationship was the best for both of them. They hadn't been physical with each other for they were trying to make this relationship, that made them both feel safe and loved, work.

"Happy Valentine's day, Adrian," Leland said as he took the suitcases from his lover's nervous hands and placed them on the tile floor.

"Happy Valentine's Day, Leland," Adrian returned as he nervously adjusted his black tie and walked into the living room.

Leland grabbed Adrian's suitcases and motioned him to follow. "I'm placing you in the guest room, Adrian." Leland said as he paused to look at his lover. He knew about Adrian's fear of germs and how they were both taking time to get over his fear slowly.

Adrian blushed as he looked away and then turned back to his lover. "It's okay, Le," he softly spoke Leland's nick name as he touched his lover's arm. "I was just going to tell you to put them in your room tonight."

"Are you sure, Adrian?" Leland asked with concern.

"Yes, this is my gift to you on our first Valentine's day together. I'm not ready for the physical stuff yet," he paused as he blushed, once more making him more adoring to Leland's eyes.

"But, I would love to sleep in the same bed with you," Adrian finished as he looked hopefully up at his lover.

Leland smiled down at his lover as he placed the bags once more down on the ground and placed a soft kiss along Adrian's jaw.

"I would love to have you sleep in my bed tonight, and I think your gift to me is the best gift that I have ever received from anyone," he said as he held his lover in his arms.

"It makes my creating a romantic dinner for two seem low."

"Oh, I don't know, Le, it depends on how bad your cooking is," Adrian teased softly.

"Ouch!" He exclaimed as he rubbed the bottom of his butt where Leland pinched him.

Leland softly chuckled against his lover's neck, "That's what you get when you insult the cook."

Adrian softly punched his lover in the arm, then whispered, as he placed a kiss on Leland's neck, "I love you, Le."

Leland returned his lover's kiss, "I love you too, Adrian, and Happy Valentine's Day."

"Happy Valentine's day, Le," he said as his lips softly moved against his lover.

The End

 


Challenges * Home * Stories