Fandom: Babylon 5
Pairing: Marcus/Neroon
Rating: individual chapters vary from G to NC17
Disclaimer: Still Don't own them.
Notes: Thanks goes out to me Irish Lass of a Beta, Melanie for going over this for me.
Series: A Haunted Honeymoon
Warnings: predujice, ghosts, Druids, and a murder.
Summary: see challenge *g*

Challenge: the March 2004 Holiday Challenge, St. Patrick's Day; and to write a story where your lovers go to Ireland.

 


A Haunted Honeymoon

by Lady Q




The Trial of Elements

"I am Alexa, Druid priestess of air and this," spoke the beautiful woman in the grey robe as she indicated the woman in the red robe. "is Eren, Druid priestess of fire. The Lady, even in spirit, is our Druid priestess of earth while Anna is our Druid priestess of water. These, Neroon, are the four elements of the Mother which gives us all life and you will face them in trial."

She motioned with her hand as an old gnarled, wooden rod appeared in her right hand, while with the left, she raised her hood. "Your first trial is with Air." Suddenly she turned her rod against him and Neroon found it hard to breath. He couldn't catch his breath and soon he began gasping for what little air that was given to him.

"Stop!" Jeffery exclaimed as he tried to enter the circle and save Neroon's life but found he could not. "No one can live without air, are you insane," he growled, feeling helpless and in fear he would let his son down if Neroon were to die.

Alexa ignored him and continued pointing her rod at Neroon's throat watching the very air that he breathed leave him. "This is true, air is life, as to some is love, as you claim you feel for Marcus. Without him, how shall you live," she questioned, her face covered like the others, to hide her expression.

The very thought of not having Marcus in his life inspired his spirit, "I would fight for him," he gasped out. Then Neroon with his last breath grasped his denn'bok that he always carried with him and with a hiss, extended it, and holding the last bit of precious air within his aching lungs, as if holding the last bit of his life with Marcus in his heart, he charged, and with quick flicks of his wrist, he knocked Alexa's wooden rod from her hand.

Knowing that he had very little air about him by what means he did not know or would think about now, and needing another breath, he gasped for one more breath of air, then Neroon took his denn'bok and quickly stood pushing the hard metal rod against the throat of Alexa. "Yield!" Neroon he barely growled out, as he stared down at the woman lying beneath the tip of his pike, his eyes blazing with how serious he was about staying alive to be with his Marcus, even if it meant killing this woman.

She slipped back her hood and smiled up at him, "I yield, " She said as she flicked her wrist towards her rod making it float towards her hand.

He closed his pike and then stood back inside the center of the circle, ready for the next part of the trial, taking in deep cleansing breaths, as the air came back around him in full.

"Fire is next," spoke Eren, the Druid priestess of fire. Suddenly an image came into being before Neroon. The vision was of Marcus at his home on Minbar; standing there in their master bedroom getting ready for bed when the room suddenly caught on fire and there was no way for Marcus to get out, as he struggled to find an exit, and was being overcome by the smoke and heat.

"Your chosen mate is in danger of the fire. Neroon of the Star Riders, I tell you now, you can not get to him because you are frozen in place by your fears of losing him. I have seen this as your greatest fear. So, I challenge you, what are you going to do about it?"

Neroon's eyes were locked on the image of his mate's struggle for life and watching his failure, and felt his heart clench with the very fear the priestess had mentioned. His love was dying and he could do 'nothing' to save him. His fear started to grow, as his eyes watched Marcus fight with all he had, and some strange sense of pride came over him, even as his love was dying, he fought as he was a warrior and would not let death conquer him easily, and the answer came to him in that moment as well. "Conquer my fears. Yes, I admit that I fear losing Marcus above anything else. I also fear leaving him behind to face life without me. I fear many things when it comes to Marcus. You asked me what I was going to do. I will conquer my fears. I will do this by telling Marcus of my fears, knowing that with his help, we will face and fight my fears together."

The vision Neroon was seeing of his mate caught in a room of fire changed to an image of them growing old together. "You have passed the trial of fire, Neroon, " Eren spoke as she too lowered her hood and looked towards the next Lady. "Earth, it is your turn."

The Lady was hooded like the rest, pointed her rod towards the ground Neroon was standing on and the sold earth changed to mud and quickly he began sinking. "Conquer the earth, Neroon, and you will win this round from me. Your mate is of Cole blood and like all life, worries, fears and heavy burdens weigh us down so much that we feel like we are staggering under their weight and become buried in them and can never get out. You are a proud warrior, stubborn and a leader among your people. However, you refuse to share your burdens with your lover for fear to add more worries or that he would not understand. So, Neroon ,are you willing to share your burdens with Marcus or should I let you drown in... your burdens."

As the mud began to cover his arms shoulder, and soaked into his clothes, he could almost feel the very burdens and worries he had been carrying with him against his skin, instead of the wet earth. Strangely, being given the option of life or being buried seemed very clear. "Share!" He exclaimed as he found himself struggling to keep his face above the mud that was trying to encase him. "Marcus' smile already lifts my burdens from my shoulders. His love will take my worries from me. I will share everything with my life mate."

The Lady lowered her hood and smiled at Neroon's answer and waved her rod as the earth became solid once more, pushing Neroon above itself, so he was standing on its surface, his clothes as clean as he first put it on. "Earth yields and passes Neroon over to the trial of Water. For I highly approve of his answer."

Neroon turned to face Anna, the Druid priestess of Water, hood also covering her lovely face, as she pointed her rod towards him.

The area around Neroon changed and he was in the middle of a vast sea, in a small boat, and the waves were crashing down at it, drenching him, and threatening to sink and drown him. The Druid's voice echoed from all around him, "Like the water Marcus was born wild and free. Such forces of nature were not meant to be conquered, Neroon. It would be like you trying to tame the sea you are in now. But you can try... if you so wish."

The waves settled slightly as he relaxed, and he looked around the boat he was on; it was just like the one he sailed as a boy, when he would challenge the sea of his home world. He looked up to the sky and smiled knowingly, "I would never conquer him, nor would I even try. I loved the passion and the unpredictable nature of the sea and waters of my world, and I thrived on the challenge of it, I do the same with my Marcus. I love everything about him," Neroon spoke as he let the water take charge of his small boat and move him about. "Hear me when I say, I love the wildness of Marcus' spirit, that I would never cage him, or force him to be anything else but himself. For it was Marcus' love of freedom, the passion of his soul and unpredictability of his nature that attracted me towards him in the first place and called to my soul with his own. It is that love of freedom and wildness that I bring out during our nights of passion and our days of love. To try and 'tame' it would be to kill him, and I would 'never' do 'anything' to harm him; he is my life, my heart...it would kill us both."

As quickly as it came, the boat and water were gone and Neroon was again standing on dry land still in the center of the circle from where the trials started. Anna lowered her hood and looked to her sisters, "Water yields, as he has shown he can truly appreciate and respect the forces of nature our Mother creates."

Then all four women turned to face Neroon, "we are pleased with you, Neroon," the women spoke as one. "You have passed the trials of the Elements you are ready for your next trial."

The forms of the Druids quickly returned back into the glowing orbs in which they came and disappeared from sight, leaving only the Lady, Neroon and Jeffery by themselves. The lady, watching her sisters depart, suddenly turned concerned eyes towards Neroon and Jeffery, "We must get back to the castle at once for I feel Marcus is in trouble." Then with a wave of her hand, they disappeared from the old forest.

 

Things Aren't Always What They Seem

Marcus laughed as he was tackled by one of the children he was playing with, enjoying every minute of the horseplay. He had gone outside to join the children he had spotted from the Great Hall, as something to do while he waited for Neroon's trial to end... successfully he prayed. They had warmly welcomed him and easily swayed him into a game of tag which led them all back into the castle into this fair size play room.

"You are fun to play with," spoke one of the children.

Marcus laughed and sat up on the ground to look at all four children.

"Thanks, who are you? I didn't think there were any children living in Cole Castle," Marcus said as he started to playfully tackle one of the boys.

The oldest boy laughed at Marcus' antics while two little girls slowly began to circle him.

"That's because there are no living children here at the castle," one of the girls snickered out just before all three pounced on Marcus, catching him off guard, and the fourth one stopped playing and twisted in Marcus' arms and helped pin him to the ground while their appearance changed from that of innocent children to those of grayish pointed eared, ugly creatures about the size of the children they portrayed.

"We are goblins, and we roam Cole Castle freely as our home and hold no loyalty to even those of Cole blood," growled the one who was the boy who Marcus had been wrestling with.

This time as the four creatures began their wrestling and grappling with the human, there was no fun involved, as they used claw like talons in place of fingers, and their sharp tips dug into Marcus' skin like little daggers, and their teeth, though small, were sharp and stung as their tiny mouths nipped at anything they could get close too.

It only took Marcus moments to realize he was in big trouble as he saw the fun loving children turn into hideous grey beats. Though they were not overly strong, he was on his back and a goblin on each limb, clawing and biting at him and his survival instincts took over. The smallest of the four creatures had his left leg and he tolerated the damage from the others while he concentrated on lifting his leg with enough force to toss it aside, giving him his leg back. He used his left let to kick the one on his right leg in the chest, sending it sailing a few feet away. Knowing he had to move quickly as he saw the first two recovering from his actions, he lifted his legs and curled to the right, wrapping his legs around its neck tight enough to make it let go momentarily, and he dragged that one downward as he straightened up, preparing to let go of the creature, and getting to his feet, even if one of the things still had his arm and was tearing at his face and neck. He moved quickly, ignoring his own gasps of pain the little buggers were causing him, and once the creature caught between his legs was knee level as he straighten up, he released it and immediate rolled him self backwards, getting mostly to his feet, though that one still had a hold.

Once Marcus was on his feet, he saw the other two help the third, while he used his strength and shook the fourth one from his arm. He turned to see where he could exit, part of him wishing he wasn't foolish enough to leave his denn'bok in the room, thinking 'he' Marcus Cole, would be safe in Cole Castle; he wouldn't be making that mistake again. He saw his doorway and made a mad dash for it, but the four goblins were not only agile but smart and intercepted him, knocking him once more to the ground, and once more tore into him, causing him to momentarily cry out in pain from the assault.

"STOP!" A voice cried out of nowhere.

Suddenly the four of them froze in place and slowly two looked over their shoulders while the other two simply looked up and saw who was standing there; the Lady and she didn't look at all that happy.

"What is going on here?" she demanded of them.

The goblins suddenly stood up and took on once more the appearance of the human children they had portrayed earlier.

"We's was just playing with him, your ladyship," spoke one of the boys.

"Yeah, we weren't going to harm him," spoke one of the girls.

"Why is it that I do not believe you?" the Lady asked, her cold stern eyes pinning the creatures to the spot, as a moan of pain echoed from behind them.

"Uhm, cause we are goblins!" supplied the other boy.

"That might be the reason." She growled as she moved a few steps forward and bent over and helped Marcus to his feet. While Neroon dashed forward, having been brought forth along with the Lady from his trial, was by his side instantaneously, now seeing him, as the lady and the alien children had blocked his view. While Neroon held his mate, the Lady gave a wave of her hand all of the bruises, cuts, and any markings that the goblins had made on him, disappeared.

"Are you alright, Am'Sheal," Neroon asked, even if Marcus appeared healed.

"I'm fine," he nodded and looked to the Lady for answers of why he was attacked.

"I am sorry about this, Marcus," she said with a glare towards the four goblins. "But the goblins never really agreed to the pact of protecting those with Cole blood."

Marcus nodded while the Lady waved her hand once more to put his clothes back to rights. "I guess you forgot to warn me about them."

"To be honest, I had hoped that they would remain hidden during the trials but apparently they thought otherwise," she said as she glared once more at the goblins who were looking everyplace else but at her.

"I do not understand," Neroon stated, his anger evident, but in check. "If such creatures have not agreed to protect those of Cole blood, and they are not 'of' Cole Blood, which is clear, then why are they allowed to remain, when any other is killed," he demanded.

"A good question, that I will answer later" she spoke as she glared once more at the creatures, but said nothing more.

"We just wanted to play with the human," one of the goblins said with a pout.

"Well, you cannot play with him. For he is of Cole blood and is protected by the castle. How do you think I found out what you were up to?"

They shrugged their shoulders and once more looked everywhere else but at the Lady.

The Lady just rolled her eyes at their antics and motioned for Marcus and Neroon to head into the castle. She turned and glared at the goblins once more, "I will take care of you later. Right now I have to attend to Marcus and his Mate." With a wave of her hand she disappeared.

The goblins looked at each other and then back to place where she disappeared to and then looked at each other and smirked.

"She said the long haired one is protected by the castle, she didn't say anything about the mate," the biggest one chuckled mischievously.

"I wonder how we can get at his Mate?" One of the goblins asked as they slowly began to fade away.

"I do not know?" replied the other goblin.

"But whatever we think of it will be fun," They laughed out loud as they completely disappeared into thin air again.

 

Conversations

The Lady floated through the wall and once more appeared inside the Great Hall. She smiled sweetly over at the two young lovers. Neroon was standing over next to Marcus while Marcus sat in a chair. Jeffery stood to the side and watching over them both. Even though she made sure that Marcus was alright and had put him back to rights, Neroon was still concerned for his lover and was there for checking him over.

At her appearance, both of them looked up at her. She was not surprised by the look of anger in both sets of eyes as they waited for her to explain the appearance of the goblins.

With a wave of her hand, the tea tray appeared before her as she motioned for Neroon to sit down next to his mate.

Silently she poured them a cup of tea while she gave herself time to gather her thoughts.

"Well?" Marcus asked after he took a sip of his tea.

She let out a soft sigh as she began to explain the presence of the goblins. "When I placed the curse on the castle I also placed it along the grounds of the castle, thus trapping fairy, druids, goblins, and anything else to the castle grounds. Goblins are part of the Fairy family tree and will grudgingly obey Monica, Queen of the fairies. When I realized what I had done to the grounds of the castle, I quickly made my way to the queen of the fairies, asking her to agree to help in the protection of Cole Castle. She agreed and I mistakenly thought that her agreement would cover all of the fairy people. However, the King of the goblins found a loophole in the agreement and has, ever since, been able to attack those of Cole blood unless they are inside the castle. Usually they hide when we have visitors to the castle but I guess with Neroon going through the trials and having no one else to play tricks on they decided to come out and play."

"Play!" Neroon angrily exclaimed. "I do not call cutting and scratching Marcus till he bled playing."

"I do not condone their actions or their timing here, but I do understand where they come from. Goblins are born to play tricks on humans, it is their job to spread havoc. Since I have already explained to them that Marcus is of Cole blood and is protected by castle, they will not go after him again."

"Trust me, Neroon, as long as Marcus stays indoors and away from certain rooms, he will be safe from harm."

Neroon looked to Marcus, "What to you think, Am'Sheal?" For Neroon would follow Marcus' lead.

Marcus let out a soft sigh, "How many trials does Neroon have left to go through?"

"Three more to go. Tomorrow will begin the trial of the banshee."

"Very well," Marcus said as he took a hold of Neroon's hand. "From now on I will stay inside while Neroon will continue to finish the trials."

She smiled, "Good, I am glad and trust me, Marcus ,you will be safe."

"He better be." Neroon softly threatened as he stood and took a hold of Marcus' hand and lead him from the great hall towards their bedroom.

The Lady ignored his threat while she watched Neroon and Marcus leave with Jeffery following behind them, watching their backs.

 

Reassurance

Silently they walked up the darkened castle hallway following a floating lit candle. The candle paused before Marcus and Neroon's door waiting for Jeffery to say his goodnight to them.

Jeffery turned to look at his son and Neroon and softly spoke, "Are you sure that you are all right, Marcus?"

Marcus smiled up at his father, "Yes, Jeffery, I am fine now."

"Good, then I will see you in the morning. Neroon's next trial will begin then." Then he gave his son a small smile as he turned and followed the floating candle towards his room.

Neroon opened the door to their dark room and motioned for Marcus to come inside.

Neroon and Marcus both gasped softly when suddenly the candles in their room began to light themselves and filled their room with light.

"Well," Marcus softly spoke. "It appears that our room has it's own servants." Then he moved toward the center of the room and raised his voice. "Thank you for readying our room and you may go now."

A candle appeared before him and bobbed once before disappearing into thin air.

Marcus let out a soft sigh as he felt Neroon's strong arms come around him and leaned his head back against his husband's strong Minbari chest.

Neroon smiled and bent his head as he slowly moved his lips across the top of Marcus' head and then down to his ear as he began to nibble at it.

Marcus moaned at the feel of Neroon's lips as he slowly turned in his husband's arms and gently pulled Neroon towards their bed.

"Tell me about the trial and what it was like?" Marcus asked he began to kiss his husband while his fingers began to remove Neroon's clothes.

Neroon growled low as he felt his husband's hands move across his body.

"There were four of ... these... what you call Druids." Neroon gasped softly when he felt Marcus' lips crisscross one of his nipples. His fingers grabbed Marcus' hair as he felt his concentration slowly began to seep away from him as his husband's nimble fingers moved down his body.

"Each of them represented four of your earth elements," Neroon groaned as he let Marcus push his now naked body down on the bed.

"Tell me," Marcus softly demanded as he stood before his naked husband surrounded by the candlelight in the room.

Neroon softly gasped as he took in the beauty of his husband. How the candle light in the room made Marcus' green eyes turn a more darker shade of green. He soon forgot about his past trials as he took in the sight of his husband.

Marcus smiled at the sight of his husband fully aroused and laying bare before him.

Slowly, Marcus began to remove his clothes as Neroon turned on his side and leaned his head on his right hand to watch the show.

Neroon teasingly smiled as he moved his hand down and watched his husband's eyes grow darker with passion when he began to slowly move his hand up and down his throbbing penis.

Marcus groaned as he quickly removed his clothing till he was standing nude before his husband.

Neroon leered as he took in the striking figure of his husband before Marcus climbed into their bed and gently pushed Neroon over until he was sitting on top of Neroon.

Neroon smiled up at his husband as he gently pushed back some of Marcus' long wavy brown hair.

"I love you, Marcus, and I am willing to go through many trials as long as you are at my side."

Marcus smiled down at his handsome, strong Minbari warrior, then he moved forward while his left hand moved behind him and took a hold of Neroon's straining member.

"Marcus!" Neroon softly exclaimed at the feel of his husband's hand touching his throbbing member.

"I love you too, Neroon." He groaned as he slowly began sink down on Neroon's thick cock. He then let out a blissful sigh as he once more felt the familiar thrill of being filled once more by his husband.

"I will always," Marcus softly gasped as he moved his body slowly up and then pushed himself down hard on Neroon's cock. "be forever at your side."

Neroon let out a low groan at the feel of Marcus body, "Yes, my love. Take your pleasure and make us one once more." He roughly whispered as he lustily watched Marcus begin to push himself up and down faster and faster till he body began to shake and tremble for release. Soon he couldn't hold back anymore and screamed as his climax over took him.

"NEROOON!" Marcus screamed as he came across Neroon's body and then Marcus' body fell forward across his husband's. Neroon was still hard inside his husband and groaned as he turned them over on their bed.

Marcus blearily opened his eyes and let out a pleased groan at the feel of his still hard husband inside of him.

He raised his hand and gently touched his lover's cheek. "Yes, Neroon," Marcus roughly whispered. "take your pleasure and give it to me hard and fast," he said as he wantonly spread his legs further apart.

Neroon groaned and cried out Marcus' name as he began to thrust hard and fast inside his lover. Over and over again Neroon's thrust inside of Marcus until his lover couldn't scream anymore and soon his passionate cries became hoarse.

Neroon let out a growl of pleasure as he felt his climax come upon him and he couldn't hold back his passionate screams as he came inside of his lover.

"Marcus!" then he slowly fell on top of Marcus and kissed his lover once more before sleep overcame them both.

 

Morning Reflections

Neroon let out a soft sigh as he watched the morning sunlight glint over Marcus' hair, turning his dark brown locks into a shimmering dark honey gold.

His fingers waved their way through the silken strands while his thoughts flashed back to their first meeting.

He remembered seeing Marcus, standing there in the dark hallways of down below, challenging him to Denn'sha, the fight to the death.

Little did he know as their first blows struck that he would come to find this man honorable, that he would love a human, be willing to sacrifice his life and his honor in order to see Marcus happy and safe.

Now, as Marcus slept soundly in his arms, he knew the true meaning of love. Knew for the first time in his life what it was like to be loved and to be able to return that love.

The Druids were right in reminding him of Marcus' love for him. Of reminding him that Marcus is a warrior and was not meant to be treated like glass.

As much as he would like to keep Marcus safe from all harm, from the troubles of Minbar and from the Shadows, he knew that he could not. Trying to keep Marcus safe went against the warrior blood that ran through his veins.

No, his Marcus was Id'minbari. He carried a warrior Minbari soul within him. Marcus knew the cost that came with being a warrior and was willing to face them, willing to die for his beliefs.

So in order to protect Marcus, he would let Marcus share his burdens of the office of Shai Aylt. Along with sharing his burdens, he planned on sharing and showing Marcus each and every day of the rest of their lives how much he really loved Marcus.

He loved Marcus enough to go through these trials put before him. At first, when he heard of them, he thought they were silly and childish. Now that he has passed two of them, he knew different. These trials were not childish instead they were teaching him more about how to love a human then any vids that he could find or that any one would tell him. Yes, now as the third day of his trial approached, he found himself looking forward to these lessons and learning more about humans and how to love one certain human in particular. The love of his life, Marcus Cole.

The Banshee Screams

A blood chilling scream filled the empty hallways of Cole Castle, scaring awake the only living occupants inside the ancient stone building.

"What the Bloody Hell?" Marcus exclaimed as he jumped out of Neroon's arms and sat up in their bed, letting the blanket pool around his nude body.

Neroon took his time appreciating Marcus' sexy back before looking around and taking action.

He took notice that the candles had gone out sometime during the night and that their room was lit by the morning sun.

The loud pounding on their door drew their attention and the worried raised voice of Jeffery Sinclair.

"Marcus, Neroon, are you alright?"

Marcus started to rise to answer the door, but Neroon stopped him as he pointed out Marcus' current state of undress.

"Love, as much as I love to see you wearing nothing but a smile I do not think that your father will be too pleased to see it," he said as got up and tossed Marcus his robe.

Marcus made a face at him while his own eyes enjoyed watching Neroon put on his black silk robe and answer the door.

Marcus rose and put on his robe as he watched his father enter their room.

"Marcus, Neroon are you both alright?"

Marcus smiled as he felt Neroon wrap his arm around his waist and pull him closer towards him.

"Yes, Jeffery. We are both well but do you know what that scream was about?"

Before he could answer they could hear the Lady's voice reply to their question, " It was the Banshee of Cole Castle. It was she who was crying and it is she who is waiting for Neroon to face his next trial."

Then a ghostly mist appeared in their room as the Lady took form, her cold dead grey eyes looking at Neroon. "It is time for your next trial, Neroon. Time for you to face the Banshee of Cole Castle."

The Banshee of Cole Castle

Her lifeless grey eyes looked at Neroon, "Are you ready to face the Banshee of Cole Castle and her trial for you?"

Neroon stood firm beside his lover as he spoke, "I am ready." Then he pulled Marcus quickly into his arms and gave him a kiss that was filled with love and passion before reluctantly pulling away from him to look at the Lady. "I am ready now."

She smiled softly as she waved her arm as Jeffery who was only wearing a night shirt that said "Rangers are better then Jedi" and red silk boxers disappeared along with Neroon.

Marcus let out a soft sigh as he looked around the now empty room. "All by myself with nothing left to do but explore," he said as a smile crossed his face.

Then he spoke loudly towards the now empty room, "If one of the servants have a free moment, I would like to be shown the library, please."

He turned and started to get dressed. Once he was showered and dressed, he came out of the very small bathroom to find a candle floating in mid air waiting for him.

He was looking forward to seeing the library of Cole Castle for surely he couldn't get into trouble there.

~~~~

Neroon opened his eyes to find that they were once more in an old forest. An eerie fog drifted in between the trees and the desolate ground. The strange mist slowly began to take the form of a woman.

She had long white hair and wore a long black robe with chains handcuffed on her pale wrist as her lifeless eyes took in Neroon and Jeffery.

"I am Isis, the Banshee of Cole Castle and you, Neroon, are on trial. The Trial of Death."

The Trial of Death

Isis turned from Neroon to look at Jeffery Sinclair. "You are not one of us but you have fairy blood in your veins. Why have you traveled here where you do not belong?"

Jeffery bowed his head towards Isis. "Marcus is my son and he cares deeply for Neroon. I am hear to assure his safe return to his arms."

Isis bowed her head to acknowledge this, then she once more turned towards Neroon.

"Neroon of the Star Riders, Warrior and Murderer."

He stood proud before her but she didn't miss his look of surprise when she called him a murder.

With a wave of her hand they were suddenly transported to the battle of the line.

"50,000 you proudly killed under the direct orders of your Commander." As she spoke, they saw the scenes of a Minbari Cruiser flying through space, taking aim, and shooting a dozen Human ships.

"You did not care if you left families without mothers or fathers. You did not care if you left a thousand to two thousand children orphaned and homeless. YOU DID NOT CARE!"

"Well I tell you, Neroon of the Star Riders. Sheridan may have hit one Minbari curser killing all aboard but he did it in self defense. Whereas you did it in cold blooded revenge. First rule a Minbari Warrior knows is that it is not honorable to kill for revenge. You murdered 50,000 humans in cold blood without a single thought of them or their feelings. Now the time has come for their revenge against you."

Isis suddenly raised her hand placed it on Neroon's forehead and suddenly he was swamped with the emotions of the many he killed. The feeling of sadness was so overwhelming that Neroon fell to his knees crying out in grief at the death he caused. He cried out in despair at the onslaught of emotions filling him and covering him like a heavy winter blanket.

"I ask you, Neroon," Isis softly spoke into his mind. "Why should these 50,000 thousand measly Humans should forgive you? Why should Marcus love the greatest murderer of his species? How is it that he as seen past your faults? Why should I let you live? Answer these questions truthfully and I will not kill you. Lie to me and not even the one with fairy blood in his veins will stop me from sucking the very life from you."

Neroon pushed aside the overflow of emotions to answer her questions. "I do not know why they should forgive me. I have no excuses to fall back on. I will not place the blame of it on my commander as I know he was like me in following orders but he was also like me in seeking revenge. Perhaps that is why Bremmer became a priest after the Earth-Minbari war. Because he was seeking forgiveness. As to the second question. I do not know why Marcus loves me. But he does. For that I am grateful for every day that I wake holding the most precious thing that has ever entered my life. To answer your third question, Marcus does not see past my faults but he accepts that I am a proud and a arrogant Warrior. He knows these are my faults as I know that he is a stubborn Human. And for your fourth question, why should you let me live? After what I have felt and have seen, what I have done, I have no idea why you should let me live. I do know that if you let me live, every day that I will breath I will worship at Marcus' feet. I love him that much for it was he that showed me the errors of my ways and of my past. Even though he knows what I was in the past, he loves me still and accepts me as his true mate. If Marcus' life was ever threatened, I would gladly sacrifice my own so that he may live. That is how much I love him."

Isis removed her hand and Neroon felt the turbulent emotions of those he killed leave him. Isis then placed her left hand on his forehead as he was rewarded with the feelings of peace, love and contentment.

"I speak for the 50,000 thousand spirits, they are pleased with the change in your attitude towards the Human species and have forgiven you. They ask only one thing from you and they will be at peace with you. Will you remember them?"

"Every morning when I greet the sun I will remember them and honor their memory."

She smiled softly and kissed his forehead, "They are pleased and I am pleased with you. Be at peace, Neroon of the Star Riders, and know that the Spirits of the dead are finally at peace now."

At her last words Neroon disappeared into thin air.

Isis then turned towards Jeffery Sinclair, "You are of fairy blood and have been blessed with eternal life. You have been granted a blessing from the Fairy Queen to see your grandchildren. Now it is the time for me to bless you. When it is time for your son to pass through the veil, I grant you the blessing of escorting him to the other side."

"Thank you," he softly spoke as she kissed his forehead before he disappeared. Then she turned to the lady.

"If I were you I would head back for I can sense that death is close by Marcus." With that Isis became the deathly mist while Lady flashed back towards the castle.

Trouble in the Library

Marcus let out soft gasp of pleasure as he took in the two story library. With floor to ceiling bookshelves filled with books and a rolling cast iron twisted staircase.

To the right of him the once empty fireplace suddenly lit as two candelabras floated towards side tables that led to two very comfy overstuffed chairs with a wide foot stool between them.

A real library with real hand held books. Even as a child, Marcus heard of these special places and had always dreamed of one day going to see one. For the first time since their trip here, Marcus was pleased that they had come. He couldn't wait until Neroon came back from his trial just so he could show him what a real library looked like.

So with a happy sigh, he gleefully climbed the cast iron ladder and began to pick out books to read.

~~~~

Six hours later, Marcus felt like he was being watched.

Slowly he lowered the current book he was reading to find a knife floating above him and a woman, with her hair up in a bun as her glasses fell down to the bottom of her nose, pointing a ghostly finger at him.

"Return your books on time," the ghostly appearance spoke.

Marcus gulped and slowly moved away from the crazed spirit.

"Who are you?" he asked as she followed him with her sharp ghostly blade.

"I am Odd job, the ghostly Librarian. I am hear to make sure you follow the rules."

"Rules?"

"Rule number one, always make sure that you put your book back where it belongs. Rule number two, always make sure that you return the books back on time. Anytime later than the date and I will hunt you down, Cole blood or no Cole blood. Books must be promptly returned on time and in good condition. And the last rule. No Talking in the Library. We have spirits here who are trying to study."

Suddenly there was a flash as the Lady of Cole Castle appeared in the room. "Enough, Oddjob. Marcus is of Cole blood. and even though I know you are playing, he does not know nor understand your weird sense of humor."

"Aw," Oddjob pouted but then smiled. "But I still can play with Neroon... Right?"

"Neroon has two more trials. So yes you can still play crazed murderer with him."

"YES!" The ghostly library yelled as she faded away into nothingness.

"Should I warn Neroon?"

The Lady softly laughed as she shook her head, "No, Oddjob just likes to play crazed librarian. Neroon, isn't in any trouble unless he dares to enter the library. Once he passed all of the trials he will be safe from Cole Castle."

Marcus let out a sigh of relief as he replaced the book on the correct shelf. He was not one to piss off a librarian no matter if it is ghostly or Human.

The Lady softly laughed as she motioned Marcus out of the room, while the crazed Librarian returned to her station of guarding the library.

Safe

"Marcus!" Neroon softly exclaimed as he rose from his chair to see his lover and the Lady coming from the library.

"Are you all right?" He asked as he took hold of Marcus' hand.

Marcus raised his hand and gently touched Neroon's cheek. "Yes, Neroon, I am fine. Just having a small chat with a ghost."

Neroon gave his husband a thoughtful look as Marcus smiled innocently up at Neroon.

He watched as Neroon frowned and then humphed as he wrapped his arm around Marcus' waist.

"Well, the next time you decide to have a small chat with a ghost just make sure that I am there to see that is all you are doing."

Marcus smiled and nodded up at his husband before looking warningly at the Lady.

The lady smiled knowingly while she and Jeffery watched as Neroon lead Marcus back up to their room.

"Now that the Lady was kind enough to save you from the ghost's of Cole Castle, I find that it is up to me to make sure of your safe return." Neroon leered at his husband as he moved his hand lower down Marcus' body.

Marcus leered back at his teasing husband, "Oh and just how do you plan to do that?"

"By slowly undressing you and making sweet love to your wonderful body," Neroon sensuously replied as they stepped into their bedroom.

"Oh, the sacrifices one must make," Marcus replied with a put upon sigh.

Neroon chuckled as he closed the door to their room and began the process of making sure that his husband was safe and sound.

Morning Remembrance

A cool breeze gently blew across Marcus' naked back waking him up. The well loved man moaned softly as he squinted over to the warm spot where his husband slept. Only confusion met his sleepy mind as his hand grabbed nothing but soiled sheets of the cool side of the bed.

A frowned marred his face as Marcus sleepily sat up in bed to look for his missing Minbari bear.

"Neroon?" he called for his missing husband as he looked around their room. A slight movement from their french windows caused him to turn his head and look towards a kneeling shadow on their balcony.

Marcus silently got out of their bed and grabbed his robe as he went to see what was out there.

He gasped softly as he peeked around the corner to find his husband kneeling on the cold hard stone floor of their balcony praying over small fire.

"Neroon?" he softly asked as Marcus walked bare footed across the cool tile floor towards his husband.

"I did not mean to wake you," Neroon said as he continued to watch the smoke rise from the small fire in front of him.

Marcus placed a gentle hand on Neroon's shoulder to reassure his husband. "No, Neroon. You did not wake me. I woke, missing your warm presence in our bed. Tell me, Neroon, why are you having a memorial fire?"

Neroon let out a soft sigh as he looked up at his husband. Sometime during the night he had told Marcus a little bit of the trial of death that he went through but not all of it.

"I am keeping a promise, Am'sheal." Marcus smiled at the term of endearment as he kneeled beside his husband and wrapped his arms around Neroon's waist.

"Tell me," Marcus softly demanded.

Neroon let out a soft sigh as he leaned back against Marcus' chest while they watched the smoke rise.

"I know that I have no excuses for what I did at the battle of the line. All I would like to know is... how can you love me? A murderer of your people. A killer of 50,000 thousand Humans. A warrior who killed for revenge."

Silence filled the morning air as Marcus watched the flames of the fire dance before his eyes while he held his husband in his arms.

"I love you, Neroon, because without you I find it hard to breath. For you are my other half. I love the warrior you are now. If I had met you at the battle of the line I think I would have even loved you then no matter what you did. I love who you have become and I will always love you. For you are my other half of my soul."

Marcus cupped his husband face in one hand as he turned Neroon to face him, "I love you because when I look in your eyes I see a strong Minbari warrior who captured my heart and learned to love a Human."

As he spoke, Marcus pulled Neroon closer to his lips and kissed his husband passionately. Neroon groaned at the feel of Marcus' warm lips against his.

"I love you, Neroon. I will always love you." Marcus whispered between comforting kisses across Neroon's warm lips.

Neroon groaned and wrapped his arms around his husband and pulled Marcus closer towards him, "Thank you, Marcus, for coming into my life and for teaching me to love humans."

An Invitation

A cool breeze made Marcus look up from where he and his husband where kneeling on the balcony. As he looked across the mystical landscape of Cole Castle he noticed something coming their way. A long thin object flew through the air headed straight towards them.

Faster and faster the object flew till suddenly Marcus yelled, "duck!" as he pushed his husband down on the hard stone floor with his body covering that of a very surprised Minbari. Marcus raised his head when he heard the thud from piercing of the wood around their glass doors.

Neroon followed his husbands narrowed eyes to find a sharp pointed arrow embedded in the frame of the window right where Neroon's head would have been if Marcus hadn't pushed him away. Marcus stood up and pulled his husband up with him.

"What is that?" Neroon asked as he took in the ancient weapon.

"That, Neroon, is an arrow and from the looks of it a message arrow," Marcus said as he pulled a piece of parchment that was wrapped around the arrow.

Neroon pulled the arrow out of the splintered wood and looked at the ancient weapon while Marcus scanned the message.

He frowned as his green eyes took in the ancient language. "Well, it looks to be written in Gaelic."

"Gaelic?"

"Gaelic, an ancient earth language that is still spoken today. My mum taught me how read and speak it. Said it was part of our heritage."

Neroon nodded and made a mental note to have Marcus teach him this ancient tongue.

"Neroon of the Star Riders, mate to one of Cole Blood." Marcus smiled as he read the note.

"The Elves of the Golden Dragon invite you to a trial of the Golden Dragon. A Trial of Warrior Skill to be held in the golden forest of Cole Castle with the rising sun."

"It's just signed" Marcus stated as he handed his husband his invitation, "The Golden Dragon."

Neroon smiled as he looked at the ancient writing. "Well, Marcus, out of all of these trials so far, I will be looking forward to a little bit of relaxation with this one."

The Elven Queen of the Golden Dragon

Thanks goes out to Kim R for writing these next two parts.

The Lady waved her hand and watched as they appeared in the Golden Forest of Cole Castle. She watched as Neroon, Jeffery and Marcus squinted as the sunlight glinted across the shimming golden leaves that forged the canopy among the ancient trees, said to be the home of the few Elves that still dwelled among the mortal world for well over ten thousand years. This was the only trial that Marcus was allowed to attend, the trial of warrior skill. He was not allowed to take part or interfere in the trial, to do so meant Neroon would lose.

The Lady smiled when she saw Marcus look around, taking in the ancient glittering trees of the Golden Forest, seeing first hand why it was called so. Though most of the trees wore normal leaves, many had leaves the color of gold and shined in the sun as if made of the same precious metal. But in the distance, there was one very large, very wide tree that appeared similar to an Oak tree, yet its leaves were all subtle various shades of gold and glistened like magic. There was even the faint sound of what could be considered a chime effect in the air as the wind gently passed among the leaves, which increased Marcus' belief at just how rare and magical this place really was. "It's beautiful," he gasped, for a moment forgetting why he was here, as he knew he was bearing witness to a place few to no mortals would ever see.

"Yes it is, and kept that way by the combined magic of the Elvin Queen and the Elcry," the Lady said, nodding her head I the direction of the vast golden tree.

"Elcry?" Marcus asked, never before hearing of such a thing.

"I do not know all there is to know about the Ancient Elcry, only that it is sentient and without it, not only would this forest die, all plant life on earth would die with her," the Lady replied sincerely. "It is the reason the Elvin Queen has remained, along with her clan, when others of her kind left to parts untold to us Humans," she added.

"I can see why the Golden Forest, but why is she called Queen of the Golden Dragon," Jeffery asked, his curiosity, being considered part of fairy blood and thus his own immortality, getting the better of him at present.

The Lady gave another smile. "Some say that the Elvin Queen is also part Golden Dragon, thus allowing her to not only reign but protect her people and the Golden Forest." Before she could say more, the rustling of leaves brought her attention toward a tall elf standing before them. He wore a tan leather vest over light green trousers. His long blond hair went to his waist, though he had several braids on the sides to keep it out of his face. His almond blue eyes looked at her warmly as he gave a slight bow of recognition to her, then eyes the rest of the party with some suspicion. Helet his eyes fall upon Neroon with great puzzlement. Then he gathered his expression and faced them all, "I am Faswana, and I will be your guide through the Golden Forest." Then he turned and headed deeper into the golden woods, only waiting long enough to be sure he was being followed.

Silently they followed the elf through the dense forest until they came upon an Elf village that glittered in the golden sunlight of the forest, as it was intertwined among the very trees itself, showing it was apart of the forest, not simply within it. Faswana led them to a large clearing in thecenter of the village, while Marcus, Jeffery and Neroon eyed all that was around them, noting all the Elves of various sizes and colors, similar but different than the humans, lining along the many tree bridges that were their passage ways among the trees and their homes and shops, staring downat them. Once in the large clearing Faswana easily faded into the small crowd that was also gathered on the ground, looking with reluctant anticipation of what was to come.

"Welcome," spoke a softy accented voice from beside them. "Welcome to Go'lena."

All of them turned toward the voice, but all they saw was the vast Golden Tree, that according the Lady was the Elcry, its branches far and wide, but no part of the village touched it; only surrounded it. Then they saw half a dozen elves part like the great divide, all facing the oncoming entourage; six male elves, dressed in studded leather, bearing sheathed swords and carrying spears, etched with ancient markings; all appearing to be formidable warriors.

"I wonder which one you have to fight," Marcus whispered to his love, hoping it wasn't the big one in the back, as he looked a bit mean, not that he doubted his love's ability, he would just rather not have to nurse too many bruise when this was all done; they were on a honeymoon after all.

Once the group arrived to the circle's edge, the men also parted and a beautiful Elf woman appeared before them. Her long dark auburn hair was pulled back in a high pony tail, drizzled with gold and silver twine around it and downward, keeping the gathered hair as one. Her long green robe, trimmed in gold, appeared soft to the touch as it draped over what appeared to be a slim feminine figure, increasing the whiteness of her Ivory skin. Her dark ocean blue eyes sparkled warmly at them, "Greetings and again welcome," she smiled. Then her gaze turned upon Neroon, her eyes suddenly turned unreadable as she spoke, "I am Kimara, Queen of the Elves of the Golden Dragon and your opponent in this battle to the death, Neroon of The Star Riders. Are you ready to face me?"

The Trial of the Golden Dragon

Before anyone else could react, Marcus had taken a step forward, his face aghast, "No one said anything about this being to the death," he growled, his eyes blazing with anger as he looked between this Elven woman and the Lady.

The Lady of Cole Castle also looked upset as she too moved forward to stand next to Neroon, "Your Majesty, the trial."

"Is mine to determine in the contents of testing a warrior," Kimara replied firmly, her ocean blue eyes looking as cold and menacing as the very sea itself at present. Then she looked at Marcus, "You are here by invitation and can easily be sent back. Interfere and he dies on the spot," she announced, her cold calculating manner subtracting from her mystical beauty somewhat. Then she once more met the gaze of the Minbari, "I ask you again, Neroon of the Star Riders, are you ready to face me?"

Neroon knew he had two options before him, fight and prevail or die trying, for there was no way he would ever walk away from his beloved. "I am," he stated just as firmly as the warrior woman before him.

"Good," Kimara replied and removed the soft elven robe to reveal she wore a simple green tunic that came to her hips and a pair of green shorts that was made of the same green material; doing nothing to add to her figure but not subtracting from it as well. She also wore a pair of knee high black leather boots with a simple but wide heel that would allow her to keep her balance in their fight. She also wore two black leather bracers, but nothing more. "The rules are simple," she announced for all to hear, but looked at Neroon. "Since you do not possess magic, none shall be used. The battle will continue none stop until either one is dead.." She paused and looked at Marcus, "Or one yields," she added, her eyes showing she didn't care for the amendment to their battle, even if she was the one giving it. Then she once more faced Neroon. "Declare your weapon and I will do my best to match it."

Neroon removed his outer robe, having been informed of the battle, and wore only his black pants and trousers, as it seemed none of his armor was transported with them. But he was not bothered as it appeared the Queen wore none either. "I fight with a Dennbok," he announced producing his weapon and extending it.

"May I," Kimara asked, asking to see it.

Neroon hesitated for a moment, and then handed it over, though he remained on guard. He saw her look at it and exam it, then handed it back. She then gave an order in her native tongue and in moments a long stick was handed to her. "This is my quarterstaff, will it meet your approval for our fight?" she asked, seeing his acceptance of her weapon of choice and offered it over to him to exam as well.

Neroon looked at the long wooden stick that was solid and as thick as his Denn'bok, but his was metal and this was wood. "If you think it will hold up under the pressure of my Denn'bok, then I will accept," he stated coolly.

Kimara accepted her quarter staff back and gave a knowing smile. "Of that I am sure," she replied and stepped back and gestured for Neroon to join her in the middle. "Before we begin," she commented to Neroon and toward the crowd she waved her hand in a strange gesture, her fingers on her right hand dancing in the air, as she spoke her native tongue and it appeared that a circle of golden pansies now outlined what was to be their arena. "No one in, no one out, until it is over," she stated out loud and took a couple of steps back and faced Neroon, holding her quarter staff in a basic hold that most Warriors would hold their Denn'boks.

Neroon saw the basic stance and hold and it took his trained mind to remind him that this elven woman was a strong warrior, not some child with a play toy, and not to be deceived by her simple mannerisms with her weapon. "When do we begin," he asked, ready to get this started so he could get it over with and be with his beloved.

Kimara gave a menacing smile, "Once you make the first move," she replied coolly, though her eyes sparked with dark mischief.

Marcus subconsciously stood closer to his father, knowing that if he should give into temptation and wish to interfere, Jeffery would be able to stop him. He could feel his heart already pounding in his chest, as the picture of what might happen filled his mind; then he shoved it aside, to focus on what was happening in front of him. He saw both warriors bend slightly at the knees; a typical crouch like position and then started to circle each other in counter clockwise fashion, both sizing up the other. Then Marcus witnessed Neroon swing his pike in a few testing manners instead of striking outward and attacking head on.

'At least he learned 'something' from me,' he mused, as before Neroon would always strike like a coiled cobra. It was a technique that usually worked for him, as he was a very strong and capable warrior, but as Marcus once pointed it, it won't help you against the unknown and in one demonstration, Marcus whipped his butt by taking his time to learn of Neroon's weakness. It seemed Neroon had the wisdom of this with him now. He prayed it would pay off.

Neroon swung his pike, first testing her reactions to her left side, then her right, then up and then down; all seemed equal. It did help him reinforce this was not a woman with a play toy, as she used her quarterstaff with much ease. He would not let her dark contemptuous start bother him as he decided to, as Marcus would put it, 'go for broke' and attack. With a Warrior's cry, he planted his left foot firmly as he took half a step toward her and then whirled inward, brining in his pike downward from his above his right shoulder, a difficult attack to block; only those of good skill could do so. She did. He then followed through with bringing the tip of his pike closer to the ground upward, in attempt to strike between her legs, if nothing else force her off balance. It too didn't work, as she easily blocked this as well.

Neroon didn't hesitate, he immediately flew his pike into fast, aggressive assaults, his pike now appearing to be like the blades of a fan, as he rained down strike after strike, only to have each one met and countered with equal speed and skill. Then in the midst of his fanning assault, he once more planted his left foot firmly and whirled, this time outward, bringing his body around to the side of the Eleven Queen, and went to strike her back. In the last second, her quarterstaff was over her back and blocked it.

Neroon was a bit puzzled when the Elven Queen did not follower her block with a strike, as he knew his side was vulnerable, but she only twisted her hold on her staff and once more faced him; her eyes still dark and disdainful. Neroon was getting an unpleasant feeling that this female, was playing with him; he didn't like it one bit. "Fight me," he growled.

The Queen smirked, "I'm giving you a chance, Neroon of the Star Riders. I suggest you take it."

Neroon had never met someone so arrogant! He was determined to teach this 'Queen' a lesson. Then a voice in the back of his head reminded him, he was not here for lessons, he was here for Marcus. The very thought of his beloved and the possibility, even if slight, he might lose his heart and soul, fired him up more than any of his own arrogance could. "Very well," he replied, determined to win his right to be with his Marcus.

Marcus was torn for a moment. Torn in that he couldn't help a tiny smile on his face as he knew Neroon was facing someone more arrogant than himself, and appeared to have the skill to back it up, and his love's well being. He hoped Neroon would be able to focus or the battle would be over and not in his favor. He felt himself take half a step, and as he had predicted, Jeffery grabbed his arm gently but firmly.

"Keep your faith in him," Jeffery whispered; glad he was here to at least soothe his son. He wished this trial was over in that all would be well, but a part of him would be saddened, as he so much wanted to get to know his son again. But right now he was needed to keep Marcus calm and from interfering.

Marcus nodded his understanding, his eyes never leaving his beloved, who once more started to rain down pike blows, as once more the battle speeded up. He watched as Neroon's strength and skill was matched blow for blow; be it with pure force of Minbari power as the pike came crashing down or with moves only the best knew. The Elf Queen was matching them, still only blocking.

'Is she taunting him or is this all she can do,' Marcus wondered, as he couldn't understand why not once she had struck back at Neroon. The Queen had maintained a purely defensive posture throughout. Then it struck him, "She's wearing him down," he stated out loud. He went to call out, but again Jeffery was at his side.

"No, even that could be considered interference, Marcus," he cautioned. "We must let Neroon do this on his 'own'," Jeffery added, feeling just as concerned for his son-in-law as well as his son.

Neroon, on his last strike downward of his pike's right tip, held his pike connected to her quarterstaff and decided to use a different tactic. He pushed at her, using the point of contact as his focus, and was surprised that someone so slender, even more than his Marcus,as she was a female, and about Marcus' height, could match his strength. It was during this point he looked her into gaze and saw the disapproval change to that of a menacing dark gleam.

"Play time's over," she chuckled darkly. "My turn," she added in a dark sing-song tone, then with a deep growl managed to push Neroon back, causing him to stumble and fall to the ground, landing on his butt. "It's time to end this mockery," she sneered as she arrogantly stood her ground and gestured for Neroon to get up. "I don't even know why you are here, you can't defeat me," she smirked, once more circling with Neroon, this time in clockwise fashion.

Neroon's answer was upon his lips, but before he could answer, he found himself responding by instinct and years of training, defending himself. It was now her turn to rain down blows, similar to that Neroon had done; only Neroon was finding it difficult to match her speed; blows to his legs and back were getting through, and they were not light touches either. After a few more blows to his left leg and back, Neroon only partially blocked a strike from the Queen's right tip of her quarterstaff, which she instantly flipped, using the left to strike, like a spear to his right side, since his pike was still held left, from the block. The pain seared through his chest, but he did his best to ignore it and blocked several more raining blows, before one caught him in the face, causing him to spin out and fall to the ground face first.

"NEROON," Marcus cried out, fear of losing his husband getting the better of him. Jeffery now had a full hold of his son, knowing he would have to use not only all his strength but guile to keep Marcus from foolishly interfering, dooming Neroon to instant death.

"I ask you again, why are you here," Kimara spoke, as she carefully circled Neroon's prone body, waiting for him to get up. "You can't possibly think you can defeat me. I have 'killed' over 100,000 creatures in battle myself," she sneered down. "In fact, if this is the best your kind have to offer, I would recommend this Marcus to find another."

"NEVER," Neroon growled, forcing himself up, ignoring the pain in his side and his face; sure his left cheekbone was broken. "Marcus is 'my' husband, no one else's," he added as he got to his feet.

There is a soft 'hump' from the Queen, as she doesn't believe Neroon, and then quickly strikes quarterstaff outward, having held it horizontally about her chest, and when Neroon's pike met it in the center, with lightening speed, she brought the right tip of her staff downward to Neroon's pike's left, then she released her hold with her right hand and grabbed it again, this time at the section that was under Neroon's left pike tip, and the move gave Neroon seconds to decide, lose his pike or get smashed in the face. Neroon instinctively chose a third option, he released the part of the pike that was being pulled as he whirled away from the strike to his face, but it left his side and back vulnerable, where the Queen didn't hesitate to strike, cracking another rib.

"I've just cracked two of your ribs. Make that three," she sneered and chuckled as Neroon cried out in pain and landed on one knee facing her, his pike the only think helping him not completely fall to the ground. He panted and perspired, something Minbari hardly do unless pushed to great physical extremes.

Marcus struggled in Jeffery's hold, seeing his dirt covered, injured husband, wanting to help him; protect him. A few tears of his own pain fell watching his husband suffer like this. "I'm not worth this, Neroon, please," he heard himself cry out, not able to stand seeing his beloved so hurt.

Neroon was stunned to hear this, but then was quickly refocused on the Queen as she spoke as well, once again circling him. "See, even he agrees, he is not worth dying over." She circled Neroon slower this time, "You know, Neroon, since you're not Elven, I would be willing to not only let you yield now, but I could arrange it that no one out of this circle would remember a thing. You'd go your way, Marcus his."

Neroon quickly understood what she was saying. She was offering him life, but it would be without Marcus. He shook his head no, "First of all, I would know, and second, a life without Marcus is no life at all," he snarled as he forced himself back to his unsteady feet. It irked him to see that the Queen didn't even appear winded as he felt exhausted.

Kimara huffed, offended that this arrogant and foolish being would deny her gracious offer. "Mark my words, Neroon. Continue and you will die," she warned darkly.

Neroon, his body protesting in pain, drew himself to his full height, "As I said, life without my Marcus is no life at all." before he could say more, he weakly blocked an blow from the quarterstaff, which came down like a club. In blocking it, it once more forced him to his knees, then in a similar move where the Queen was able to almost disarm him, she succeeded, as his pike went flying from his hands. He also saw what he knew would be the final blow and shifted his eyes to his beloved as he waited to meet it. "For you my beloved," he whispered in the fleeting seconds as death blow crashing down upon him.

"NO!!!!!!!!!!!"

 

 

To Be Continued In
Haunted Honeymoon: Forever My Beloved

 


Challenges * Home * Stories