Fandom: Babylon 5
Pairing: Marcus/Neroon
Rating: individual chapters vary from G to NC17
Disclaimer: Still Don't own them.
Notes: Thanks goes out to me Irish Lass of a Beta, Melanie for going over this for me.
Well instead of Marcus and Neroon dying like they did on the show, they have now gotten married and are on their Honeymoon. *HAPPY SIGHS*
This series is the sequel to "A Valentine's Wedding" Series.
Here is the Castle that I have loosely and I do mean loosely here folks. :) That I have based the history of Cole Castle on. I hope that you will like your trip to Ireland. Also this series takes place in the Babylon 5 universe. This series take place before Presedent Clark goes nutso and Ireland is not sepreated but is now known as The United Republic of Ireland. In short there is no Northan Ireland and Republic of Ireland. Hey this is the future we are talking about here ;)

Series: A Haunted Honeymoon
Warnings: predujice, ghosts, Druids, and a murder.
Summary: see challenge *g*

Challenge: the March 2004 Holiday Challenge, St. Patrick's Day; and to write a story where your lovers go to Ireland.

 


A Haunted Honeymoon

by Lady Q




Prolog

The music was lively as the Clan Cole began to dance a jig around the room. The celebration of Marcus and Neroon wedding was in it's fourth day of partying. Monica thought it would end on Saturday night so they would be sober when they reported for duty to Captain Sheridan on Monday.

Marcus laughingly dragged his Mala onto the floor of Babylon 5 and proceeded to teach Neroon an Irish jig while the rest of the clans, warrior caste and human alike, celebrated their wedding.

"Aye!" Monica Cole exclaimed as she threw her arm around her cousin and Neroon. "Marcus, I have the perfect wedding gift for you and our newest member of the Cole Clan. I have decided that you and your lover should have a honeymoon of sorts."

With that she handed them both two tickets to the United Republic of Ireland. "The Cole Clan has decided that it is time for Marcus to show his Mala where the family came from. In short, you are headed home and Cole Castle is yours during your stay in United Republic of Ireland."

Marcus smiled and hugged his cousin, pleased at the fact that he would have a chance to show his husband where the Coles came from and his families history.

Monica hugged her cousin back and then stood on tip toe and kissed Neroon cheek. "Welcome to the family, Neroon. We are very pleased to have such a warrior in our clan."

"Now off with you two. For you have a shuttle to catch and a honeymoon to start with."

"What is this... thing you call a Honeymoon?" Neroon asked as he looked from his mate to Monica.

Monica smiled at them both while Marcus blushed and tried to hide his embarrassment while staring at Neroon's uniform.

"A honeymoon is a time when the newly married couple take some time off from their work and travel to a far away place where the couple can spend 'some alone time' if you know what I mean," She said with a suggestive wink towards Marcus and Neroon.

"Don't worry about the Warrior Caste or both of our clans. I've spoken to Swarde and Deleen. Both have given you permission to go. They said they would take care of everything. Meanwhile, as for the Cole Clan we will be on our best behavior," Monica said with a cheery smile.

Whereas Marcus raised an eyebrow at this statement causing Monica to pout a bit. "Well as good as we can be, when using our better judgment."

Marcus smiled, "Now that's a more truthful statement. Thank you, Cousin, for this wonderful gift of a honeymoon for Neroon and I," He hugged her once more and then took his husband's hand in his and headed for the space shuttle to cheers of their families and well wisher's alike.

Lady Q walked up to her cousin and leader of the Clan Cole and silently offered her a tissue.

"So what was the gift that you gave our cousin from our Clan?" Even though everyone in the clan brought a gift with them for Marcus and Neroon's wedding. It was left up to the leader of the clan to choose the one gift that would be from the clan at large. This gift was always kept secretand never spoken of until it was given to the happy couple before they left on their honeymoon.

Monica smiled tearfully as she whipped her eyes, "I gave them Ireland."

"You What!"

Monica laughed at the Seer of the clan Cole, "I gave them a two tickets to United Republic of Ireland and free room and board at Cole Castle."

To say that Lady Q was shocked would be an understatement. "Monica, the tickets to United Republic of Ireland were a wonderful idea. However, did you remember to mention to our cousin that Cole Castle is also known to be the most Haunted Castle in all of Ireland!"

Monica snapped her fingers and smiled mischievously, "I knew there was something that I forgot to mention."

"Monica!"

"Oh! don't be such a worry wort, Lady Q. Surely Marcus and Neroon can handle a couple of ghosts."

"A couple of ghosts! A Couple!" Lady Q softly exclaimed. "Monica, a couple of ghosts would be two to five. Do you remember how many were staying at Cole Castle before we left?"

"I don't know, you had said something about 80 before we left."

"It was a hundred and eighty before we left." Lady Q paused as a look of fear crossed her face. "Oh dear, the wards that protect the castle and I can't forget the ghostly guards either. Excuse me, Monica, I have to go and try to contact the protectors of the castle before Marcus and Neroon arrive."

Monica sighed as she watched the seer go off to find an empty room so she could go into a trance in order to contact the protectors of Cole Castle.

"We really need to get her a boyfriend." She mumbled under breath and then turned to face the cheering crowed.

"Well comeon, Coles, we still have two more days to party and to celebrate Marcus and Neroon's Wedding!" With that thought in their min, each member of the clan Cole grabbed a Minbari and began to show them a true Irish Wedding celebration.

 

Joining The Mile High Club

Marcus let out a soft sigh as he and his lover took a seat in the Shuttle taking them to Earth. Once they were on Earth, he and Neroon will take another Shuttle craft toward United Republic of Ireland and then once in Ireland it would be a hop, skip and a jump to Cole Castle. If Marcus had his way, and he would, they would stay in bed making love at all hours of the day and night. Only leaving it for food, water, and bathroom breaks.

"Stinking Minbari Lover," the snide remark was spoken from across the isle.

Marcus slowly looked up at the idiot while Neroon gently placed his hand on top of Marcus'

"There is a time and a place for everything, Marcus. This is not the time or the place to prove your love for me," Neroon gently whispered in his ear.

Marcus pouted sulkily at his husband, causing Neroon to growl low as he took in the wet pouting lips of his mate.

"Marcus, my love, if you do not stop that you will cause a greater disturbance to our sick friend," Neroon stated nodding to the man across from them who was now making obscene gestures at them and still calling them names.

Slowly Marcus got up from his seat and then took his husbands hand, "Neroon, I believe that you need to use the bathroom."

Neroon confusedly looked at his mate. He had no need to use the bathroom, however his mate was tugging at his hand and motioning him towards the back of the shuttle where the bathrooms were located.

As they walked past the pig, Marcus accidentally bumped against the loud mouth really hard.

"Oh sorry," Marcus said with a look of innocence on his face.

The huge fat man started to rise, when suddenly out of nowhere the hiss of pike expanded between Marcus and the stranger.

"I wouldn't insult my husband in front of me ever again," Marcus whispered in the stranger's ear as his pike pressed against the man's throat.

The stranger swallowed nervously as he nodded in agreement to Marcus' statement.

"Good," Marcus smiled slowly as he once more took a hold of his Mala's hand and led him to the bathroom in the back of the shuttle.

Once there Marcus opened the bathroom door and pushed his husband inside, then quickly closed the door, and turned the occupied sign on the door.

With the door locked behind them Marcus then pulled his very shocked and confused husband into a kiss that was filled with love and passion.

Neroon moaned as he felt Marcus warm lips against his. He quickly caught his breath when Marcus let go of his lips and began to quickly undo Neroon's pants.

"Have you ever heard of the human term 'Mile High Club?" Marcus asked his lover as he once more pulled Neroon into a steamy kiss as Neroon's pants fell down to his feet.

Neroon groaned as Marcus moved his kisses from his lips to his neck. "No, but I would like to learn it's meaning."

"Mile High Club is a human term for having sex in the bathroom while the shuttle is still in space. I've always wanted to be a member of this special club but until I met and fell in love with you, I never had the chance. Now I want to have this chance."

Suddenly Marcus pulled down his own pants and sat on the bathroom sink as he wantonly spread his legs.

"I want you, Neroon," he said as he pulled his lover into a passionate embrace, causing Neroon to moan as his now throbbing cock rubbed up against his lover's hard cock.

"Lube?" He roughly asked Marcus as he nibbled his way down his lover's neck.

Marcus let out a low moan as he reached behind him for some lotion.

Quickly he placed some in Neroon's hands and Marcus let out a low groan when he felt his lover hands move lower down his body.

Marcus let out a blissful sigh as he felt one of Neroon's fingers slowly begin to move inside of him.

"I've missed this," Marcus breathily whispered against Neroon's ear. His heated breath causing Neroon to groan in pleasure as he removed his one finger and then added two more.

"No more preparing, Neroon," He spoke as he nipped his lover's ear. "I want it hard and fast and I want you NOW!" He cried out when Neroon's fingers brushed against his prostate.

Neroon groaned out loud at his lover's cries. Then he quickly grabbed his throbbing cock as his mouth clamed Marcus' and thrust hard and fast inside his waiting love.

Marcus cried out in pain and pleasure at the feel of his love's throbbing member moving inside of him. He wanted this. He needed this. This feeling of his lover's hard throbbing cock moving inside of him claiming his body once more. To hear his lover's moans and cries of pleasure as they moved against each other. Slowly at first, then faster and faster as their bodies surged against each other, until neither knew which one was crying out in passion. Suddenly their climax came upon so quickly that neither of them could hold it back no more. Neroon thrusted hard inside Marcus and came with a cry of his lover's name on his lips as his cum filled the inside of Marcus' body.

Marcus slowly sagged against his lover as they tried to regain their breath when suddenly they heard the pilots voice over the intercom.

"We are now entering Earth space. Please return to your seats and fasten your belts. This includes the two newest members of the mile high club. Thank you for Flying Earth Force Space lines."

Marcus and Neroon quickly dressed. Neroon, arrogant as ever, lifted his head proudly as he exited the bathroom, ignoring the line of people waiting for their turn to go next while Marcus blushed painfully as he passed giggling girls. However, he paused before taking seat next to Neroon and looked at the man that was haggling them before.

A mischievous glint entered the green eyes of Marcus as he casually leaned down whispered in the fat man's ear. "I may be a Minbari lover, but I am a very well loved Minbari lover. He is as big as a horse and the sex lasts longer then your measly minute and a half. When he thrusts hard up againstme, I feel so full and hot that I want him inside of me all the time." Marcus said as he leaned back and calmly blew on his nails and teasingly rubbed them slowly up and down his chest causeing the fat man's eyes dilated with desire. He then teasingly wiggled his tight butt then calmly sat down next to his one and only love.

"You are such a tease, my love." Neroon said as he leaned over passionately kissed his lover in front of everyone.

Marcus whimpered when his lover's lips gently left his own, "I love you, Marcus Cole of The Clan Cole and Warrior Caste."

Marcus wrapped his arms around Neroon's neck as he replied. "I love you too. Neroon Cole of the Clan Cole and leader of the Warrior Caste.

 

When Irish Eyes are Smiling

Neroon softly gasped as he took the landscape before him. During the Earth-Mimbari war he never once thought of what the landscape of the planet looked like. At that time, all that was important to him was revenge for the death of a beloved leader. Little did he know then that it was the first step for him in a long line of learning to forgive and learning to love.

As he took in the lush dark green hills and dark blue water that surrounded the country of his Mate's birth, he realized now how wrong they were and how right Valen was. The humans were id'minbari and this beautiful land could have been all gone if the Earth-Minbari war never ended at the battle of the line.

His dark Minbari eyes took in thatched cottages, what Marcus called pubs and soft lilting music filled the crisp clean air.

"Welcome to United Republic of Ireland," Marcus whispered against his lover's ear as he wrapped his arms around Neroon's waist. "What do you think?"

Neroon leaned against his lover's chest and took in the vast landscape before him. "Oh Marcus, is this where your family comes from?"

"Yes, Neroon. This is where the Clan Cole began. To quote my da, "Irish blood runs deep in our veins. No matter where you go in life and no matter who you are in life, you will always have Ireland. It will never leave you or forsake you. No matter what."

A soft tapping on the shoulder brought them out of their reverie. There stood a young man wearing a tweed hat and a handmade woolen jersey.

"I wouldn't have believed it if the Lady didn't tell us but she is right. You are the spitting image of the Great Chieften William Cole of the Clan Cole."

Marcus raised his hand in greeting, "I am Marcus Cole of The Clan Cole and this is my Mate, Neroon Cole of the Clan Cole and leader of the Warrior Caste of Minbar. Who might you be?"

"I am James O'Brian, Head of the stables over at Cole Castle. The Lady has informed us of you coming to stay with us while on your honeymoon. She figures that since she has not had a chance to disarm the wards that surround the estate, that you would be safe with me."

'Wards, Lady? Marcus? what is going on?" Marcus shrugged his shoulders for this was his first time visiting Cole Castle. Even as a child all he saw of the castle was in vids so he didn't know the stories of the castle or of the magical wards that protected the land.

"Ah, so Monica didn't tell you the good and bad history of Cole Castle?"

"No!"

"Ah! well then follow me, Gentlemen, I will be your tour guide into the bloody and mysterious history of Cole Castle. It's lands, legends, myths and the spirits that still walk the halls. As for the Lady. I refer to none other then the Seer of the Clan Cole. The Lady Q. Who was kind enough to inform us of your upcoming arrival. However, she has had no time to disable the wards that protect the land from evil so she has sent me instead. Knowing that I will inform whomever we meet of the return of the Ard Rhi Cole and his chosen mate."

He pointed to a horse and carriage. "This way, gentleman. The roads to Cole Castle are rough, old and narrow. The only way to enter into the estate is with horse and carriage."

With that James O'Brian, head of the famous Cole stables opened the carriage door for Marcus and Neroon. Then he hopped up in front and took the reins of a dapple gray horse and began a the tale of woe of the infamous Cole Castle of Ireland.

 

The Haunting History of Cole Castle

"Cole Castle," James O'Brian continued, as the horse drove them down the twisting and bumpy road towards the castle. "was built in the early 16th century by the seventh Chieftain of the Clan Cole. His name was Sean Cole. The Cole clan has a long line of being a warlike clan. At first the castle was built as a stronghold and most of it's history is written blood and magic. I guess you can say that the hauntings began during the middle of the 16th century. Sean Cole was holding a banquet at the family fortress and had invited all the clans in the surrounding county to it. However, little did he know that an enemy clan had penetrated the fortress. This was before the Lady placed the wards to protect the clan from enemy attack. No sooner had the guest sat down to dinner where they massacred every one of them except the child. The story goes that the Lady used all of her druid magic and protected the Cole Heir with her last and dying breath. However, before she died she placed a curse on the enemy Clan and protected the future generations of Coles.

"There she stood in all of glory the white light of good magic surrounding her as her white dress turned red from blood of her bleeding body. While she stood in front of the Cole heir, her dying voice chilled the air, 'Let it be known throughout all of Eire, That's Gaelic for Ireland." He explained as he looked back at his companions who were on the edge of their seats listening to the story. "Anyway, she says, 'Let it be known throughout all of Eire that this land is now protected by the bloodshed created by it's enemies. That no one may enter this land or this Castle unless they are of Cole blood. Those who are not of Cole blood will die as soon as they set foot on this land by those whom they have killed this night. Their spirits forever caught in limbo never allowed to go into the light. Always remaining frozen in the spirit plain."

"When she died, all the torches of Cole Castle blew out. Then the great rushing cold wind of death walked into the castle. As the enemy clan turned around there stood the spirits of the dead Cole Warriors. Their ghostly weapons flaming with the wind of death. Their weapons cutting through the living flesh and causing them to die right there where they stood. All that was left alive that night was the young child. William Cole the First. Chieftain of what was to become the most invincible, strongest and warlike clan in all of Ireland. To this very day no one who is not of Cole blood has ever been able to set foot on Cole land without dying of mysterious causes. Their spirits forever cursed to walk the estate forever promised to protect Cole Castle and all who live there."

"That is why the Lady Q, current Seer of The Clan Cole sent me to greet you and to lead you safely through the Cole lands. For even though you, Marcus Cole are the spitting image of the first William Cole. Your chosen Mate is not of our blood. He will not be safe from the spirits of Cole Castle until the great lady who haunts the castle gives him safe passage. Until then, Neroon Cole, be on your toes for the Castle is out to get you and make sure that you will not survive the night.

 

The Guardians of Cole Castle

A sense of genuine antiquity came across Marcus and Neroon as the carriage passed the first old druid stone wards of the Cole estate. The carriage moved along the long pitted driveway. Along side the road, they passed massive oaks with long large limbs that seemed to beckon them forward towards the large stone castle.

Out of nowhere a ghostly mist crossed the deserted road and slowly began to take form of a man dressed in the Cole tartan his ghostly sword pointed dangerously towards Neroon.

"The Cole Castle welcomes the return of Ard Rhi William Cole." Then the ghostly eyes turned towards Neroon.

"You are not of Cole Blood. The castle does not welcome you. You must leave here if you value your life."

Marcus stood up in the carriage and spoke to the ghostly spirit. "He is my chosen Mate. He holds my heart if he leaves, then I will follow. I will not turn my back on my husband."

"Forgive me, Ard Rhi Cole. I have spoke out of turn." The spirit then closed his eyes for a moment as if communicating with someone.

Slowly he nodded his head and then turned deathly pale eyes towards Neroon. "The Lady knows of your coming. She has been informed of your coming by the current Seer. The Lady will greet you in the great hall. However, be fore warned, the Castle is filled with spirits and know that you are not of Cole blood. The Lady can't control them all. You may be attacked when you least expect it. So be on your guard, Neroon of The Star Rider's. For if the spirits of the castle do not approve of you, then your life will always be in danger as long as you're on castle grounds. Only those of Cole blood will be protected from the spirits of the castle." With that last warning the spirit vanished into thin air as if it never existed at all.

Marcus slowly sat back down in the carriage. James started the horse to moving again down the bumpy road.

Neroon turned to look at his love as he wrapped an arm across Marcus' shoulder. "I love you, Marcus Cole," He whispered in to the soft curls of his love. "However, if I had known then that you were so protected when we fought each other down below, I think I would have proposed to you rightthen and there. Had my wicked way with you and then I would see if I could persuade your protectors to move to Minbar to fight the Shadows. I think if I had knowen all this at that time then the Shadow War would have be over in five minutes flat."

Marcus softly laughed out loud at hearing Neroon's statement. "I love you,too, Neroon of The Star Riders, and I think the spirits of Cole Castle will approve of such a fine, arrogant, stubborn warrior that I have chosen as my life mate."

Neroon smiled smugly at his lover as he pulled him into a kiss that was filled with love and passion.

 

The Lady Of Cole Castle

Marcus gasped at his first sight of Cole Castle. It was an awesome vision of breathtaking splendor, with it's tall unyielding walls, punctured by million windows and crowned by towering turrets that loomed high above him.

He noticed that around the towers, was a number of stone carvings that were a combination of druid and Celtic designs that surrounded the four tall towers of the castle.

"Welcome to Cole Castle," James O'Brian softly spoke as they took in the haunting beauty of the old building. "The most haunted Castle in all of Ireland. At last count before the current seer left for your wedding, there were one hundred and eighty spirits currently living in the castle or walking the castle grounds."

He hopped down from the carriage seat and then opened the side door of the carriage and pulled down the steps for Marcus and Neroon to climb down on.

As soon as Marcus and Neroon touched the ground, a strong wind rose up around them. Clouds quickly rolled past them as whispered voices rose along with the wind. "He has returned as promised. Welcome home, Ard Rhi William Cole." Then the wind became suddenly cold and biting as it noticed Neroon.

"Not one of us. Not Welcomed here," The wind called out.

"Attack!" the wind screamed as Neroon was suddenly surrounded.

"STOP!" A female voice cried out and as quickly as it came the wind disappeared.

"Sorry about that," A woman spoke as she appeared at the top of the stair way entrance to the castle. She wore a long white robe, her long white hair was softly braided to one side as her pale green eyes took in the men standing before.

She gasped softly as she first took in Marcus Cole and his chosen mate. "It is true," she softly whispered as she made her way down the steps then bowing slowly in front of Marcus.

"Welcome home, Ard Rhi Cole. You have been greatly missed among us."

Confused green eyes looked towards his husband for answers while the mysterious woman continued to bow. Neroon just shrugged his shoulders and whispered "Improvise" into Marcus' ear.

Marcus returned the shrug and then started to touch the ladies head when his hand passed right through her.

He held back his hand as he swallowed down his shock. "Arise my lady," his whispered words were barely able to leave his throat.

She smiled as she stood up and then took in both Marcus and his mate." The current seer told me of your likeness to the chieftain Willam Cole. However, she neglected to tell me that you were one and the same."

She then frowned when she took in Neroon. "Come," She then turned her attentions back on Marcus. "There is much to tell you of the inhabitants of the castle and much to protect your mate from."

With that she turned and quickly ascended the stairs and entered inside the castle walls.

Once inside the great hall of the castle keep, the mysterious lady waved her hand as three chairs suddenly appeared out of the air.

"Please have a seat" she motioned for the two men to sit down. "I am sure that James was kind enough to give you the brief and bloody history of Cole Castle. Now it is mine turn to give you a more detailed history of the castle. I do this for two reasons. One, like you, Marcus, I want to keep your mate safe from harm. Two, you are the Ard Rhi of Cole Castle and all of residents living and the not so living have been ordered to obey you."

"As you may have guessed, I am the seer who placed the curse on our enemies. In short I am the woman who started it all. Long since I have passed into the spirit plane. I have been allowed to enter the tunnel of the white light. Yet I refuse to go. For reasons that are of my own. I am the Lady of Cole Castle."

 

The Return of Willam Cole

The Lady waved her hand once more and a tray of tea suddenly appeared before them floating silently towards her.

While she began to prepare the tea, Neroon and Marcus slowly began to take notice of the great hall they were in, noticing the absence of servants and the lack of voices ringing through out the room.

The room itself was made of old stone walls that had ancient tapestries hanging on them. Each tapestry showed a different picture of Ireland and it's history. Throughout the hall torches were lit and a huge candle chandelier hung above a long table. At both ends of the keep stood huge fireplaces that were decorated in Celtic designs. Marcus gasped softly in surprise when the once dark fireplaces suddenly sprang forth with life and a cheery fire began to crackle inside of them.

The Lady smiled softly at them as she handed them their cups of tea.

She leaned back in her chair as she watched the young lovers drink their tea and look around the ancient walls of the castle.

"It has been a long time since I have seen you, William Cole. I am glad to know that your spirit has been able to find true happiness at last," She softly spoke as Marcus placed his cup back on the tray.

"I'm sorry, but I don't understand. Who is this William Cole that everyone thinks I am."

"Ah, so you don't remember then. Well that is to be expected when a soul as old as yours has traveled for a long time."

She smiled as Neroon also finished drinking his tea and placed it on the tray along side of Marcus' while his other hand gently took hold of Marcus' hand in his. "Explain," he softly commanded of her.

His soft command caused her to raise her ghostly eyebrow up at his statement. However, she didn't argue with him for she knew of his station and of his soul's past as well.

She closed her eyes and let the memories of long ago cross her mind as she softly spoke, "It was the time of war and bloodshed crossed Eire. Sean Cole was giving a celebration of the birth of the new heir. However, the celebration was cut short with the clans death. All except one. At the time of the celebration I was the current seer of our clan. Visions are tricky things. They may tell you what will be but they forget to tell you the time and place of the event. They forget to tell you of the great burden you will bare, knowing things that will happen and having no control over it. For Fate will have her way, no matter what."

She let out a soft sigh as she turned to watch the crackling lights of the fireplace. "William was just three weeks old when we were attacked. Sean Cole, the Chieftain at that time had made an enemy of the O'Conner Clan. You see, he fell in love with Lady Catharine O'Malley. She was the fairest of all of Eire and loved by everyone. However, love can turn into an obsession. Michael O'Connor, the young Chieftian of the O'Connor Clan had fallen in love with her too. However, his love was tainted and turned into an obsession of his. Once he found out that Catharine was already married and deeply in love with Sean Cole, he took it upon himself to make sure that the marriage was a short one. Suddenly mysterious accidents began happening around Sean as he walked the land. I begged and pleaded with him to raise the guard of the castle. However, Sean was a stubborn man and warrior blood ran through his veins. He refused the extra guard for himself but accepted the extra guard for his wife. Then one day Catharine gave us blessed news. She was carrying the next heir to the Cole Clan. Little did we know then what great sadness this news would bring to us. The day of William's birth brought us great joy. However, Michael O'Connor took it as a sign. Soon he began to think the child was his and that Catharine loved only him. So that night of the celebration, William and his Clan snuck into the castle keep. Years ago, I had a vision of my death. However, like I said before, visions are tricky things, and I didn't know what was happening until I felt the sword pierce my skin. Only then did I realize that I had seen this all before. I never had a chance to warn them. I stood next to Catharine and watched as our clan was killed before our eyes. Catharine tried to protect poor William but Michael had grabbed her already. So with my last dying breath I placed a curse so powerful that it still rules this castle to this very day."

She paused as she turned her ghostly eyes towards her guests, "'Let it be known throughout all of Eire," She softly spoke. "that this land is now protected by the bloodshed created by it's enemies. That no one may enter this land or this Castle unless they are of Cole blood. Those who are not of Cole blood will die as soon as they set foot on this land by those whom they have killed this night. Their spirits forever caught in limbo, never allowed to go into the light, always remaining frozen in the spirit plain."

"Suddenly spirits of our dead clan rose up and began to seek revenge on those who killed them. However, as Sean' spirit returned and took up his ghostly sword, Michael O'Connor knew he was going to take his last breath. However, he wasn't going to die alone. In one swift movement, he slit Catharine's throat as Sean's sword pierced his black heart. The only thing left alive that night was a baby crying out for his lost mama."

She wiped a tear from her face as she continued on with her story. "As a spirit, I have very little power. However, it is enough to get me by. So I was able to place a compulsion spell on a distant cousin from the Cole line. I made her come here and take care of William. He lived to be of a good age, however, he never married for true love or found happiness. His first marriage was to a woman who was outside of the Cole Clan. He was too young to know about the spell, and I am a spirit so I was not to be believed in. A year later, he learned otherwise. The Castle was not happy with it's new mistress. So it waited a year until the birth of Patrick Cole was born, then as the baby was taken from it's mother's arms to be cleaned up, the castle sought it's revenge against his mother. She died in her sleep never hearing her baby's cry. His second marriage was to what he thought was a distant Cole relative. At least this time he listened to me, but the Castle on the other hand knew that he was being fooled with and took matter's into it's own hands. His second wife lied, she was not one of us. She was not of Cole blood like she told William. She didn't last over a month before she became ill with a mysterious sickness and died in the middle of the night. His last and final marriage was to a distant cousin. But he never married her for love and happiness. He only married her so that there was someone to take care of Patrick. They had one child together and it was a little girl whom they named after his late mother, Catharine. As he grew old and time came for him to cross over into the spirit plain, I used a tiny bit of power to grant his last wish. He asked to find happiness and love in his next life. So with what little power I had, I granted his wish and sent his soul on a long journey to where he would find his hearts desire. He promised to return to us so that his true love will have the blessing of the castle and they may live their years out in peace." She paused to gather her thoughts before continuing her story.

"You hold William Cole's soul. His soul has taken many turns. Once it was human, then it became part of your planet," She stated as she nodded towards Neroon. "Now, it is human once more; and it has finally found love and happiness. Now you have finally come home to receive the blessing of the Castle on your chosen mate. A blessing once given will be filled with peace, love and prosperity. However, in order to receive this blessing, Neroon will face many trials placed before him from the spirits of Cole Castle.

 

The Trials of Cole Castle

The Lady turned her ghostly gray eyes towards Neroon, "You will face the five trials of Cole Castle. The first will be with the Fairies, the second will be with the Druids, the third will be with the Banshee, the fourth will be with the elves and the last will be against the Brownies. Each of these trials will take place once a day. If you servive the trials, then when the last trial is over, a meeting will take place. It is during this meeting that the deciding vote will be cast. If the Castle approves of you, then the blessing will be given to you. However, if the castle doesn't approve of you, then I would watch out if I were you. For Cole Castle shows no mercy to those who are not of Cole blood."

With that she suddenly stood and motioned for them to stand also. "Come, I will show you to your room. While here there are two rooms you should avoid at all costs. This includes you too, Marcus. They are the Red Room and the dungeon. No matter who you are those two rooms will harm you. The Red Room is possessed by an evil and vile spirit. It is the room where the second wife of William Cole died. It is her spirit that lives there. She is a hateful and vile woman. Angry at the Castle for taking her so and angry at me for cursing her to be forever locked here in this plane. The dungeon, is of course. where the Cole clan kept their prisoners. The prisoners were not of Cole blood so their capture never lasted too long, however, their deaths were painful and mysterious. The Elemental lives there. It is a primitive and malevolent force that attaches itself to a particular place. It has been described as the size of a sheep, thin, gaunt and shadowy. Its eyes are half- decomposed in black cavities. It carries with it a horrible smell of decomposed bodies and is the combination of all the prisoners that used to live in the dungeon."

With that, she pushed open the door that led to a room done in blue and greens. "This was Willam's room. It should bring you peace and protect you from the others. To the right of you is the only technology that we have allowed Monica to put in place. It is what you humans call a vid screen. You can contact whomever you want. The bathroom is to your left; it is also the only update that we allowed Chieftain Thomas Cole to put in place throughout the castle, along with running water. Other than that, you will find no other modern conveniences in place here. The Castle was built in 1526 and we would like to keep it that way. You will find very little updated. If you would like to know where the Library is located or the kitchen or need anything at all, just ask the air around you and a candle will appear out of nowhere. They are the ghostly servants of Cole Castle who were among the murdered clan, willing to continue to serve their master. Sleep well, Young Cole," Here she turned her eyes towards Neroon and with a deathly smile whispered, "And pleasant dreams." Then she disappeared into thin air, leaving Marcus and Neroon standing there in the middle of the doorway.

"I'll kill her!" Marcus softly spoke.

"Kill who?"

"Monica."

"Oh Cousin Monica? The cousin who was kind enough to give us tickets."

"Kind Enough! She bloody well knew she was setting us up. Where's that Vid Screen so I can yell at her."

With an angry air, Marcus turned away from his husband to contact Monica.

 

The Call Home

"MONICA COLE! GET YOUR BLOODY ARSE OVER HERE!"

Suddenly the slightly sober expression of his cousin Monica appeared upon the screen, while the wedding party was still going on in the background.

"Hey Cous, glad to know you and Neroon are safe and sound"

"Yes, we are safe for the moment however, sound is still to be questioned."

"Whatever do you mean?" She asked as she tried to put on her most innocent of faces.

"You bloody well know exactly what I am talking about. The Nile isn't just a river in Egypt, Monica. I'm talking about the ghosts that you so conveniently forgot to mention."

"Oh that. Well, you see they're not really ghosts, Marcus. There more like annoying relatives who just happen to drop in and out when they please."

"Right!" Marcus softly exclaimed as he continued to glare at his cousin. "Most relatives want to kill your mate as soon as he steps foot on the ground."

"Oh that!" She softly exclaimed while Marcus caught site of Aunt Dragon Fox trying to teach the Cha Cha to one of Neroon's bodyguards and a Narn.

"Monica!, is Aunt Dragon Fox giving dancing lessons again?"

Monica hiccupped and then turned to look where Aunt Dragon Fox was and nodded in agreement to Marcus. "Yep, and she is only on fifth or is it sixth Long Island ice tea. I think she going to teach them the bunny hop next."

"Marcus!" Neroon exclaimed when he caught sight of his warriors doing the Fox Trot. "What is your Aunt doing to my warriors?"

"Hmmm, well it appears she is giving them dancing lessons."

"Marcus, they are Minbari Warriors of The Warrior Caste. They do not dance."

Marcus nodded his head in agreement while trying to ignore Cousin Oddjob's call out for a rumba.

"Monica, back to the matter at hand and would you please stay focus and stop trying to get Torran's attention."

Monica pouted for a bit, then sighed, and turned her attention back towards her Cousin, who for the life of her, was upset over some little ghosts.

"Monica, the Lady is going to put Neroon on trial, and if the castle doesn't like him, he will die. Please tell me there is a way to get out the mess you put us in?"

"Calm down, Cous," Monica said with a shake of her head. "Jeesh, the way your acting you'd think the world is coming to an end."

"Well, it is. Spirits are out to get Neroon and I don't know how to stop them."

She sighed, "Look, Marcus, Neroon would have died anyway even if I never sent you to Ireland. Only the Chieftains know of the Cole Curse. If a non member of Cole blood marries into the family then that member only has a year to live unless they can survive the Trial of Cole Castle."

"But my Mother..." He stopped when Monica interrupted him.

"Your Mother was a distant Cole Cousin and I do mean distant. That's why she lived so long. However, your grandmother wasn't and that is why she died only a year into their marriage."

"So your saying this curse can follow anywhere?"

"As long as you are of Cole Blood then the Curse will follow you till the end of time."

"So if we had just gone to Minbar. Neroon would still be dead."

"Yep."

"Well then how do we break this curse?"

"You don't. Neroon must face five trials and the final meeting in order to receive the blessing of Cole Castle. Once you have received the blessing you and Neroon can go on your merry way."

"So there is no way of getting out of it?"

"Nope."

Marcus let out a soft sigh as he looked at his cousin. Monica smiled back at him as she touched the screen. "Have faith, Marcus. I believe in Neroon and I believe in your love for each other. Don't worry, everything will come out right in the end. Now if you excuse me, cousins Kim and Odd job and myself are sneaking up on some unsuspecting handsome Minbari Warriors. I think I'll just go and help them out. Monica out"

"Marcus Out"

He sighed as he felt his lover's arms wrap around his waist and pull him closer towards him. "Do not worry," Neroon whispered as he kissed Marcus' neck as one of his hands began to open his shirt. "Like your cousin said, I trust in our love, and I know that I will win this Castle's spiritual favor."

Marcus turned in Neroon's arms and wrapped his arms around his neck, "Spoken like a true arrogant Minbari warrior. One that I love with all of my heart," he said as he pulled Neroon in for a kiss that filled with love and passion.

 

Voices in the Night

A cool wind blew gently into their room while Marcus and Neroon slept naked in each other's arms.

The cool wind slowly began to take a ghostly form of a man and woman dressed in 16th century clothing. The woman had long brown wavy hair that went to her waist and her green eyes filled with love as she looked at the men sleeping before her.

While her husband frowned at the alien being who held his son's heart.

"It has come to pass," The woman softly whispered as she gently brushed a brown curl away from Marcus' face. "Our son has finally come back to us."

"Ay, that he did, Catherine. But look at what he married?" Sean Cole said as he pointed to the Minbari.

"It's does not matter, Sean. Just as long as William is happy, then I would not care if he married a Leprechaun."

"A Leprechaun would have been better, at least he would be of Irish blood. But this one, I have never seen anything like this one. What do you suppose it means?"

Catherine once more smiled down at her son then looked over at the strange being that held his heart.

"I do not know, Sean. But whatever it means it bodes well for us. I sense this stranger is a powerful warrior..." She was cut off when a blinding light flashed into and out of the room, leaving Valen standing in it's wake.

Suddenly out of nowhere Sean moved his ghostly sword and pointed it towards the stranger. He narrowed his ghostly eyes as the took in the appearance of another that was like his son's mate but slightly different in height and bearing.

"You are not of us," Sean coldly stated as he pointed his sword closer towards Valen.

"You are not of Cole blood," Catherine stated as she moved to protect the still sleeping couple.

"You are not one of us and not of Cole blood. Then you must die," Sean coldly stated as he moved his sword closer toward Valen's neck.

Jeffery/Valen swallowed, "Wait. I may not be of Cole blood or not one of you, but I am the father of Marcus Cole."

Sean narrowed his eyes as he looked at the stranger standing before them. "Catherine , call the Lady. She will know if he speaks the truth or not. Trust us on this stranger, the Castle will know if you are lieing or not. Death only awaits those who lie to Cole Castle."

 

Valen's Tale

A grey light appeared in the room as the Lady of Cole castle appeared before them.

"Chieftain and my lady," she said as she bowed before them.

"Arise, Seer of Cole Castle, " Sean spoke as she stood before them. "Tell us Seer. Does this stranger speak the truth?"

The Lady of Cole Castle silently moved close to the strange before she raised her hand across his forehead and solemnly spoke.

"You know that once I touch you that you will be made mortal once more?"

"I know," Valen replied.

"Then you agree?"

"Marcus is my only human child. For him I am willing to turn back into my human form."

She smiled and then touched his forehead as a bright light flashed before their ghostly eyes and then disappeared.

Where Valen once stood there standing before them was the mortal form of Jeffery Sinclaire in his ranger robes.

"He has lived many life times and will live many more." The lady softly spoke "Born human but has the soul of a Minbari. A soul returned to live once more on Minbar but with memories of a human and of things to come. Father of a Cole. He speaks true. He is the father of Marcus Cole."

She stood back and motioned for Sean Cole to lower his sword. He grudgingly lowered his ghostly sword and motioned for Valen to tell his story."

Jeffery began to speak. "I was once a Human named Jeffrey Sinclair. I met Marcus' mother a month before I was sent into battle. We fell in love and on the night before I left she and I became one. I promised her that I would come back to her. Little did I know then what would happen. I wasn't able to return to her until a year later. When I did, I found out that she married a William Cole and had given birth to Marcus. I did not know I was his father until she had passed away from giving birth to William Cole the fourteenth. Years had gone by and I had kept my eye on him from afar. It wasn't until I went to Minbar to begin training the rangers again, that I laid eyes on my son for the first time. I never told him the truth of our relationship until the day I had to go back into time and become whom you see before you now, Valen. I have sworn to protect my son even though I am far way. I sensed his concern and fear for his chosen Mate. So I have come to see if there is anything that I can do to ease his burden and to protect Neroon from harm.

Silence filled the room as the other's looked at Valen. Then Sean spoke up. "The Trials of Cole Castle start in the morning. The castle protects those of Cole blood. No one of Cole Blood is allowed to enter the trials."

Sean looked towards his sleeping son and gently brushed his hair back, "I know the soul of my son. He will want to follow his mate and protect him from harm. However, he is not allowed to follow Neroon through these trials with him."

Then he looked towards the stranger standing before him. The one who claimed to be the father of the human who carried William's soul. "If you follow Neroon there is no chance that the castle will not strike against you. There is a very strong chance that you might not live at all. Are you so willing to protect William's mate to sacrifice your own soul?"

"I am." Valen stated as stood before them.

Sean slowly smiled, "Very well then, the first trial is of the fairy and begins in the morning. Be on your guard, Valen. For the Castle is out to get Neroon and maybe you too."

 

Daddy's Here

The soft sounds of singing birds outside their window was gently waking Marcus up from his sleep. He softly moaned against his lover's naked chest as his morning erection rubbed against Neroon's thigh.

A soft chuckle made Marcus open his green eyes in surprise while Neroon sat straight up in bed.

There standing before them wearing the official robes of Entil'Zha was none other then Jeffery Sinclair in his human form.

"Jeff!"

"Valen!" Neroon and Marcus spoke at the same time while trying to cover up their naked bodies with a quilt.

Jeffery couldn't hold his laughter in at the sight of his son and Neroon together in bed.

"It's just Jeffery," he gently corrected his son-in-law. "I have sensed Marcus' distress through our connection and I have come to help you through the coming trials."

Neroon raised his head and titled arrogantly as he looked at Sinclair. "I am a Minbari and Leader of the Warrior Caste. Why should I need your help when you are not a Minbari any more." Neroon asked as he took in Valen's old human form once more.

Jeffery frowned for a moment as he took in his son-in-law. Neroon did have a point, he thought, however, wrong his stubborn son-in-law was. "I am here for many reasons. One is to give my only human child the support and comfort he needs while his mate his facing trials that no one should face. Two, even though I am back in my human form, I can still help you, Neroon, through the trials. In fact, I am even allowed to attend them with you and give you aid during these times. And third, I will be your only connection to the real world and the world of Cole Castle."

Neroon frowned once more as he took in Jeffery's words. "I agree to your accompanying me through these trials. However, I only agree because you are Marcus' father and you were once our leader."

Jeffery nodded secretly pleased at Neroon's continued arrogance and his honesty.

Suddenly there was a knock at their door and all turned to see the Lady of Cole Castle pass through the solid oak door.

She carefully smiled at the three man as she motioned towards the window, "It is Twilight and time for Neroon's first trial. Those of Cole blood are not allowed to follow their chosen mates through these trials. Only those who have fathered them can walk in the steps of their mates. Come, Neroon of The Star Riders, and meet with the Fairies of Cole Castle." With a wave of her hand Neroon and Jeffery disappeared out of the room leaving a confused and naked Marcus behind.

 

The Fairies of Cole Castle

When Neroon and Jeffery opened up their eyes they saw that they were outside the castle as glowing white orbs floating in the early morning dawn began to appear before them.

These orbs laughed and danced around their heads till a silver orb floated before them and then slowly began to take the form a human.

She had long flowing brown hair with flowers intertwined between the tresses. Her dress was of a sheer green silk that matched the Irish grass of the land. She smiled softly at them as her silver butterfly wings closed behind her.

"I am Monica, Queen of the Fairies of Cole Castle." Her green eyes took in Jeffery and Neroon standing before her.

"You are here," She said in her lilting Irish accent. "because your heart and soul belong to one of Cole blood."

Then her eyes turned to Jeffery and she smiled softly as she touched his face. "You have fairy blood running through your veins. You are one of us yet you are not. You have lived many life times and will live more for you walk the line of fairy time which is never ending. Why have you come among us?"

Jeffery smiled at the beautiful woman as he answered her question. "I did not know that fairy blood ran through my veins and without that knowledge I have come here to help my son-in-law through his trials."

She nodded and then turned to look at Neroon. "You have given your heart and soul to one of Cole blood. For this you will face five trials. Each trial is different due to the spirit that gives it. This is your first trial. Fairies believe in music, dance, play, feasts, and raids. Out of these, your trial comes to you. You must show us," she said with a wave of her hand as the glowing balls suddenly took form of fairies. "a dance that represents who you are, where you come from, and how you came to love a Cole. You must give us a story dance."

She said as she waved her hand and ancient Irish musical instruments began to appear in the air waiting for Neroon to tell his tale in dance.

 

A Dance of Love

Neroon stood in shock at the center of the fairy ring as the Queen Monica motioned to Jeffery.

"The one who carries fairy blood will speak for you while your movements tell us of your story. We await your dance, Neroon of the Star Riders."

Neroon took a deep breath and slowly let it out as he thought of how to describe his and Marcus' first meeting and their courtship.

He closed his eyes as he thought of his love and, without knowing it, his arms and legs slowly began to move to a music that he thought only he could hear in his head but actually the fairy instruments had picked up the music in his head.

He tuned out Jeffery's voice describing his movements to the fairy circle, and thought of only of Marcus, his love, and the way he changed his life.

"I hated the humans for killing our lost leader," Jeffery interpreted Neroon's movements for the fairies.

"I hated them so much that I was willing to sacrifice my honor in order to protect our home," he continued as he watched Neroon describe home to the fairies with his hands.

"Then when I was at my most desperate, willing to kill one of our own, Valen sent a miracle to me in my darkest hour. In the darkest of all places." Jeffery said, as Neroon's hand movements told of down below.

"A human came and offered to fight to the death for a leader that I did not believe in. However, he believed in her. So we fought," Jeffery softly spoke as he watched Neroon begin the movements of Denn'sha.

"He fought well and with honor, and I broke three of his ribs. When he was near death, I paused before I went in for the kill," Jeffery described Neroon's graceful fighting movements.

"Why I asked him Why did he do go through this?" Jeffery continued to speak Neroon's actions.

"He said for the man with fairy blood, for our leader. We live for the One. We die for the One," Jeffery motioned towards himself and then pointed back towards Neroon as he continued his interact interpretive dance.

The fairies watched as Neroon described his enlightenment and his realization that he and Marcus were of the same soul, that they were meant to be together.

Then Neroon's fighting motions turned to a slow dance indicating to Jeffery the beginnings of their courtship.

"We are of one Soul but different mating rituals. I courted him to Human standards to the 12 days of courtship," Jeffery and the fairies laughed at this for they knew of the song also and it's strange words.

They were curious at how the strange being courted the one of Cole blood to the 12 days of Christmas. Jeffery's calm voice moved along with Neroon's motions describing and changing alien words for human one that the fairies would understand.

"On the first day of Marcus courtship, I gave to him, One Partridge and a fair tree, two baby turtles, three French kisses, four parents, from his home world with singing Birds, five golden rings, six pink chicks, seven pink flamingoes swimming in a lake, eight servants with glasses of milk and chocolate chip cookies, nine of his warrior sisters dancing, ten questions asked, eleven blowjobs and an engagement striptease."

The fairies all laughed and applauded as Neroon took a bow before them.

"You have passed the first trial of describing and telling of your love for the One of Cole blood," softly spoke Monica, the fairy Queen. "We think that your overcoming your hate for one species and learning to love is a brave and powerful hurdle to cross. We believe that your finding your soulmate was destiny taking a hand in your life. We are pleased that you thought it wise to court Marcus by human standards and are pleased that he accepted you. You have done well this day and have passed the trial of the Fairies. We wish you luck with the Trial by the Druids of Cole Castle."

She stood up and kissed Neroon's cheek. At her kiss, he vanished into thin air leaving only Jeffery standing before them.

"Fairy blood runs through your veins. You will continue to travel the road destiny has given you alone. However, fate has blessed you with a son that carries the soul of William Cole. We bless you and wish that we could lift the burden that weighs heavy on your heart. Destiny will bless your son with a life of happiness and love. We will grant you this one blessing on you. Even though you travel a road through time, we grant you a blessing to see your grandchildren born. Be well, Jeffery Sinclair, born of Fairy blood."

She leaned up and kissed his cheek and watched as he vanished into thin air.

 

Only a Moment

A white light flashed into their bedroom where Marcus still sat naked and confused under an Irish quilt.

"Neroon!" he exclaimed as he sat up in the bed, letting the quilt puddle around his waist.

"Am'Sheal" Neroon growled low as he moved towards the bed where his lover sat.

"What happened?" Marcus asked as his reassuring fingers moved across his husband's body.

Neroon gently clasped the shaking fingers and brought them up to his lips and placed a gentle kiss on the tip of them.

"Hush, beloved. Rest assured that I am well and that nothing has happened to me. I am fine," Neroon said as he pulled his naked lover to him.

Marcus let out a soft sigh as he wrapped his arms around his husband. "Tell me." Marcus gently demanded.

"Remove your arms, Beloved, and lay down. I will tell you about the trial." Neroon smiled as he watched his lover do exactly as he asked as he began to slowly take off his clothing for Marcus.

Neroon couldn't hold back the feeling of pride that ran through his body as he watched Marcus' eyes turn from worry to passion as he removed each piece of clothing till he was standing nude before him.

Slowly he teasingly rubbed his hand over his naked chest, removed the quilt that covered Marcus, and climbed into bed with his lover.

Neroon opened his arms as Marcus quickly moved into his lover's arms. "These fairies," Neroon softly spoke as he gently rubbed his hand down Marcus back till he touched Marcus' cute butt. "they are a strange species, however, the trial they gave me is one that I would gladly go through again since it brought me you," he said as he rolled over and kissed Marcus with all of his love.

"The trial they gave me," Neroon passionately whispered as he began to kiss his way down across Marcus chest causing his lover to groan at the feel of Neroon's warm breath moving across his naked chest, "was a story dance. They wanted me to give them a story dance on how we met and what I did to court you."

Neroon gently blew into Marcus belly button causing him to squirm. Neroon smiled as he moved down to take a hold of his husband's straining cock and slowly began to stroke it up and then down, gently teasing Marcus till he cried out Neroon's name.

"NEROON, PLEASE!" Marcus begged.

"Please what?" Neroon asked as he placed a gentle kiss on the tip of Marcus' cock causing him to thrust upwards.

"Need you. Need to feel you inside. NOW!" Marcus cried out as he wantonly spread his legs in preparation for his husband.

Neroon smiled as he spread his husbands legs further apart for him. Then he took a hold of his straining cock as he quickly prepared Marcus with his three fingers. For like his husband, he couldn't wait any longer.

He groaned as he removed his fingers and then placed his cock at the center of Marcus' hole then slowly pushed inside of Marcus' tight, hot body.

"Yes!" they both cried out at the same time. Marcus locked his legs around Neroon's strong body in order to pull him further inside of him, causing Neroon to groan in pleasure at the feel of Marcus' warm body wrapped around him.

Soon Neroon couldn't hold back anymore and began to thrust harder and faster inside of his lover making Marcus scream in passion.

"YES! OH, YES!"

"I love you, Neroon!" he panted between Neroon's strong thrusts.

"Yes!" Neroon growled as he thrust harder. "Love you too," he groaned.

The sounds of Neroon's passionate groans caused Marcus to scream as he reached a shattering climax.

~~~

A flash appeared outside of their door, Jeffery Sinclair.

"OH, VALEN!!!" Neroon screamed came from behind their door causing Jeffery to smile.

"You're welcome," Jeffery softly spoke to the door as he turned to walk down the hallway, leaving his son and Neroon to their pleasures.

 

A Son's Reflections

Marcus groaned as he turned over in his sleep, feeling sore in places he never knew he had until he met Neroon.

He smiled as he slowly opened one eye and watched his husband sleep. 'It was,' Marcus thought, 'only in moments like these that his husband ever looked at peace. When he was asleep in his arms.'

Marcus frowned thinking about the coming trials. The first one was easy but now he worried about the four yet to come. He let out a soft unhappy sigh as he looked at his and Neroon's wedding bands, 'Only married for seven days,' he thought. 'already I am worrying about his husbands safety. Well, at least Jeffery is here to help and protect Neroon.'

'Jeffery,' Marcus frowned as he looked towards the door. 'I never really knew my da,' Marcus remembered as he snuggled closer to his husband. 'He was a good man when he was alive and he did try to protect Willie and I when things became bad for him in the end and he couldn't fight his illness anymore. However, before the illness, he was too wrapped up in business to notice I and Willie growing up and changing before his eyes. When he became ill, I think it was then that he realized what he was doing and decided to be a father to us. It may have been too late for me but it was just in time for Willie. Oh poor Willie and da. So much of my family lost and so much sadness. I never really found my true place until I joined the rangers and met Jeffery Sinclair.'

'Jeffery,' Marcus turned his eyes once more towards the door that lead to the hallway. 'The day that he was going to return Babylon 4 into the past was the day he finally told me the truth. I was stunned, angry and afraid. There I was, just standing there watching the man who had become a friend to me telling me that he was also my real father. He bloody well of course had to tell me this just as he was getting ready to take that station back into time, leaving me behind with this unknown weight on my shoulders.

'It took my meeting Neroon and falling in love with him, to learn to let my anger at Jeffery go. Now, while on my honeymoon of all places, with Neroon going through these trials, I find that my father has come back to me. To protect and help my husband through these trials. For the first time, I am grateful for my father being here. Grateful that he is kind enough to lend us his help during these times.'

'I just hope,' Marcus thought as he cuddled closer to his husband. 'that Jeffery has enough power to protect Neroon from the Druids. For they are powerful mages, they are more powerful then the technomages that still walk among us. For their power is real as it comes from the earth itself. I just hope that he has enough power to protect Neroon against them. For they were coming for his husband in the morning.

 

The Coming of the Druids

Morning dawned bright and early in Cole castle with the sun slowly rising across its ancient stone towers.

Marcus moaned softly against his husband as a light flickered inside their room taking the form of a ghostly servant.

"What do you want?" Marcus softly gasped as he took in the ghostly figure.

It shook his head and silently pointed towards Neroon and softly spoke. "The Lady sent me for him. It is time for his next trial. You will meet her in the Great Hall."

Marcus solemnly nodded as the figure of the servant vanished into air. Then he gently woke his husband up by kissing his chest and moving slowly up to Neroon's lips.

The feel of his lover's lips moving against his own caused Neroon to groan in pleasure as he wrapped his arms around Marcus' waist and pulled him closer to deepen their kiss.

Neroon sighed softly as he reluctantly let go of Marcus' lips. He then raised his hand and gently brushed a piece of Marcus hair back as he looked into the eyes of a very well loved husband.

Neroon softly chuckled as he cupped Marcus' face as he spoke, "I think, my beloved, that I am going to make it an order for you to wake me up like that every morning."

"Really, " Marcus gently teased Neroon, pushing his worries towards the back of his mind for a little while. "Well, you know just how well I do handle orders," Marcus said as he gave Neroon a teasing smile.

Then Marcus frowned as he remembered the message the servant left for him.

"What is it, love?" Neroon asked as his other hand cupped Marcus face.

"A servant came and said that it was time for your next trial. We will meet in the Great Hall."

"Do not worry, Marcus. For I face these trials with pride and confidence for I have already won the greatest prize in the universe.... that of your heart. I love you, Marcus."

Marcus softly smiled as he replied, "As I love you, Neroon." Then he leaned in for another kiss before they faced the Druids of Cole Castle.

 

The Druids of Cole Castle

Marcus and Neroon stood in the dimly lit room of the Great Hall of Cole Castle. There standing before them was the Lady and Jeffery.

"It is time for Neroon's next trial," the Lady spoke as she moved closer to Neroon. "The trial of the Druids of Cole Castle. Are you ready, Neroon?"

"I am."

She then turned to look at Marcus and softly smiled. "Do not worry, Marcus, Neroon will come back to you." then she waved her hands and whispered the words "be gone" before disappearing into thin air.

Marcus let out a soft sigh as he watched them leave. Now he was all alone and left with nothing else to do but worry. The sounds of children laughing outside of the castle brought him out of his thoughts as he moved towards the window.

Outside were four children laughing and playing games. A little girl with long brown curls noticed him and motioned him to come outside.

Seeing the children playing made Marcus smile and took his mind off his worries for a bit. He thought it might be fun to get outside of the castle and play with the children.

~~~~

When the flash disappeared, Neroon opened his eyes to find that they were standing in an old forest.

The trees were tall and their brown limbs seemed to reach the grey sky as if begging to be free from their prison.

"Welcome, Neroon, to the Old Forest of Ireland. Where Druids still live and work their magic. It is here that we draw our power from and it is here where your trial will begin." The Lady spoke as three different glowing balls appeared before them, then the balls slowly began to take form of three hooded figures. The Lady stepped back and together they became four.

The first one with the grey hood moved forward to speak, "We are the four Druids of Cole Castle we have been summoned today by the Lady of Cole Castle. We are here today to give trial to one who is not of Cole blood. Are you ready to face your trial?"

"Yes"

"Then so it begins," she said as the four Druids surrounded Neroon while Jeffery stood outside of the circle.

 

 

To Be Continued In
Haunted Honeymoon: The Trial of the Elements

 


Challenges * Home * Stories