Fandom: Magnificent 7 ATF AU
Pairing: Ezra Standish/Josiah Sanchez
Rating: G
Disclaimer: Still poor, Still own two cats, Still crazy and loving it and if You believe that I own these guys then I want to know when I can move into your world. *g*
Notes: Sequel to Kiss the Cook.
Thanks as always goes out to Carrie, the best beta in the world.

Series: Home For the Holidays
Warnings: Well if you would like to think of Josiah's father as a loving man then I don't think this story is for you. However if you are like me and think of Josiah's dad as *** then please read on.
Summary: a visit to the cemetary

Challenge: the June 2002 Holiday Challenge, Father's Day

 


Honor Thy Father

by Lady Q




'I hate you,' Ezra thought as he watched his love standing slightly over the grave of his dead father.

'I hate you for what you did to him.'

'For the beatings, the verbal abuse, putting him down and telling him that it was his fault for letting his mother die--'

'When we all know that it was your fault.'

'Your fault that she didn't get the treatment that she needed.'

'It was your fault that Hannah turned out the way she did.'

'But, I hate you the most for not loving them the way a father should love his children.'

'For not loving Josiah the way he needs to be loved.'

'But you see, Mr. Sanchez,' Ezra silently sneered at the grave of his beloved's dead father, 'I've won now. I've won the greatest gift that Josiah could ever give anyone....that of his love for me, which is endless and holds no boundaries.'

'And in return for his love, I have promised to never let anyone hurt him again...be they alive or dead.'

'So Mr. Sanchez, I have won, and you Sir, have lost.'

'Your spirit has no hold on Josiah anymore. He doesn't have to feel guilty.'

Feeling as if he actually deserves your scorn for being born. And as for your daughter, she is very happy now and safe from your clutches.'

'So Mr. Sanchez, you Sir have lost.'

Ezra's thoughts were broken by the warm strong arms of his love slowly slipping around him, to pull him in close to Josiah's strong body.

"Thanks for coming with me today, Ezra. " Josiah roughly whispered in his ear as he held Ezra.

"I needed the moral support today." Ezra slowly turned in his arms and pulled his head down.

"I love you, Josiah. I will support you no matter what, because I love you." He said as he placed a chaste kiss on his love's lips.

Josiah smiled down at his love as he softly said, "I love you, too."

Ezra chuckled softly, "Come Love, let's go home." Josiah gently smiled at him as they walked out of the cemetery.

'Happy Father's Day, Mr. Sanchez,' was Ezra's last thought as he took one last look back. 'For I have won the greatest prize of all.' He thought as he took his love's hand in his and raised it up to his lips for a brief kiss. The love of Josiah was the greatest prize he could have ever won.

The End

 


Challenges * Home * Stories