Fandom: Magnificent 7 ATF AU
Pairing: Ezra Standish/Josiah Sanchez
Rating: G
Disclaimer: Don't own them.
Notes: Sequel to School Days.
Thanks as always to Kris for looking over my work and as always for Solace, who is in my thoughts and prayers.

Warnings: Belated Halloween Story
Summary: Candy isn't the only Halloween treat.

Challenge: the October 2002 Holiday Challenge, Halloween, plus to write a fic with "Candy" in the title.

 


Passing Out the Candy

by Lady Q




Josiah softly chuckled as he watched his nervous lover once again go over the different types of candy and his own homemade candy apples.

His lover was nervous about tonight. For this was their first Halloween together as a couple and Ezra wanted everything to be perfect from decorating Josiah's large Queen Ann Victorian house, choosing the types of candy to turning down invitations to come to the different Halloween parties that their friends and co-worker's were throwing.

He and Ezra had only attended the annual ATF Halloween party where they were required to attend. That was their first party as a couple and Ezra had been so nervous that Josiah had been tempted to tell the ATF to go fly a kite and spend the night having his own personal treat. But Ezra persevered and so they went. Josiah went dressed as the Greek god of Blacksmiths. While his love went as Apollo.

The party was a success and once again Vin and Chris won the best costume prize for going as The Cat in the Hat and The Grinch.

Ezra had told him later that night all he wanted to do was spend Halloween with his lover and just passing out candy in the neighborhood.

'So why was Ezra so nervous about tonight?' Josiah asked himself as he watched his lover once more go over their list of different types of candy.

'Because,' he answered his own question as he walked up behind his love and wrapped his arms around Ezra's waist. 'This was the first time that Ezra would be meeting all of Josiah's neighbors. From the parents of the neighborhood children to the elders of his neighborhood.'

'Yes, my neighbors may have seen my young lover coming and going from my home but they have never met him and tonight on all hallow's eve, my lover is going to meet the most scariest thing of all, my over protective neighbors.

My neighborhood has block parties. They do this for a couple of reasons. One to keep the neighborhood crime down, and two, to keep track of all the changes going on in the neighborhood. From births to deaths to who married who, to my one and only love.

Mrs. Nelson's been dying to meet Ezra ever since he rescued her cat from a tree. Mrs. Jones' children have met him and they have been showing off some is card tricks to their mother and last but not the least the Neighborhood Watch have been wanting to meet with him also.

I think they were the first to notice the changes in my life, but they, like the rest of my neighbors, were kind enough to hold back and wait until my love was ready to introduce himself.

'Which happens to be tonight,' Josiah thought as he hugged Ezra closer to his chest and kissed the top of his head. "Ezra, love, don't worry so. They will like you."

"I know that I shouldn't worry but I can't help myself. Josiah," Ezra said as he returned Josiah warm embarrass and leaned his head against his chest.

"Your neighbors have known you a lot longer than I have and I've seen how protective they are of you. To be honest, love, I'm surprised that they've lasted this long with out coming around and giving me the third degree. I just hope that I pass their inspection."

Josiah squeezed his lover's hand as he placed a kiss on Ezra's forehead. He spoke softly, "I love you, Ezra, and no matter what my neighbors come to think about you, I will always love you."

Ezra smiled at hearing those beautiful words. He wrapped his arms around Josiah and pulled him down for a kiss that, as always with them, turned into passion.

Josiah let out a reluctant moan as the sound of the doorbell announced the beginning of the trick-or-treaters.

He smiled down at his love as he took Ezra's hand in his, "Come, Love, let us face the music together," he said as he raised Ezra's hand to his lips and placed a kiss there.

Ezra smiled up at his love and turned to grab the bowl of candy and Josiah's candy apples as they walked to the door together.

Josiah smiled as he watched his lover pass out candy to little witches, ghosts and goblins. As the evening progressed, Ezra won over the hearts of Josiah's elderly neighbors and children. Soon, he was volunteering the house for next year's haunted house and adding his name to the neighborhood watch list.

Josiah softly chuckled as he closed the door on the last of the trick-or-treaters and wrapped his arms around his tired love.

"Josiah?" Ezra asked softly as he wrapped his arms around his love. "Is it always this busy on Halloween?"

"Nope," he said as he kissed his love on his lips. "This is mild in comparison to what the neighborhood does for Christmas."

"Christmas?" Ezra voice squeaked at the thought of the approaching holiday.

Josiah nodded his head as he turned out the lights. He took his lover's hand and headed for their bedroom.

"Oh yeah, the whole block gets involved for Christmas, from the decorating contest to caroling, to me playing Santa Clause and reading 'Twas the Night Before Christmas' to the neighborhood children."

"I didn't know you played Santa Clause for the children," Ezra said as they entered their bedroom.

"I do it every year. But right now, I seem to remember that I was supposed to get a treat from a certain someone in this room," he said as he began to unbutton Ezra's shirt.

"A treat?" Ezra asked softly as his hands began to unbutton Josiah's shirt. "Have you been a good little boy?"

"Oh Yeah!" Josiah softly stated as he gently pushed his now naked lover down on the bed.

Ezra hungrily watched as Josiah slowly took off the rest of his clothes and then crawled into bed.

Ezra rolled into Josiah's open arms and looked down into those warm, loving blue eyes of his as he whispered, "Happy Halloween, Love."

Josiah moaned as he felt Ezra bend his head down and began to work on giving him his treat, "Happy Halloween, Ezra."

The End

 


Challenges * Home * Stories