Be Careful What You Wish For, conclusion

by JJ



Back to Part One * Part Two * Part Three

* * *

Tom slowly walked to his quarters. Exhaustion didn't begin to cover how he felt. The Captain had kept him at the helm until the end of shift, even though everyone else had been dismissed hours before he had. She had maintained high alert status, and told Tom she wanted him on the conn in case of trouble. As he was about to leave the bridge for some much needed rest, the Captain announced she would see him on Alpha the next morning; although it was technically only in about eight hours.

He sighed heavily as he entered his cabin, his thoughts fixating on his bed. He moved in that direction at warp speed, or, he thought with a mental chuckle, as close as he could get.

* * *

His alarm jolted him out of a deep sleep. He groaned as he rolled out of bed.

"Computer - Raktacheeno and make it strong."

"Affirmative."

Tom took the cup of liquid caffeine into the bathroom and got in his shower. As the sonic waves cleaned him, he wished he could use Chak's shower. He missed water, but his account was still pretty low and he wanted to treat Chak to another dinner soon. Hopefully they would find a planet soon and be able to restock. It was always nice to be able to have a shower with water.

He checked his time and realized he had just enough time to grab something in the mess hall before getting to the bridge. He came out of the bathroom and saw the message light blinking. He went into the bedroom, and got a clean uniform, throwing the one from last night into the fresher, as he told the computer to replay that message.

"Tom, if things stay calm today, I was wondering if you wanted to have dinner tonight?"

The sound of Chakotay's voice filling his quarters gave Tom a warm feeling. He smiled as he replayed it, twice. He commed Chakotay back. He knew Chak was in his pre-morning conference with the Captain.

"Sounds great. What time?"

Tom went into the conference room and found a pad by his chair. He picked it up and after the last shift's report was a message from Chak.

"19:00. Meet me at holodeck one."

As everyone settled in, he sent a quick message. "I'll be there. What should I wear?"

He kept an eye on Chakotay, as he too scanned his padd. He saw a quick smile, before a message appeared on his padd.

"Anything you want."

He also smiled, and as B'Elanna went into detail about the damage they had sustained, he considered a smart-ass answer, but looked up and saw he had gotten the Captain's attention. He glanced at Chak and saw a warning. He put the padd down and listened closely to what B'El was saying.

* * *

Chakotay sat on the bridge as they neared the end of their shift. He was looking forward to tonight with Tom. He wanted something structured tonight and not the catch as catch can meetings they had been having. He had had the idea this morning about dinner, and he had almost smiled devilishly whenever he thought about it. He even still had the stuff he wanted to wear. He hadn't worn it in years, but he thought Tom would like it.

When he got off shift, Chakotay headed for his quarters. He had to fight to keep a straight face. This was going to be fun. When he got into his quarters, he went to the computer and programmed the site he wanted. Then he took a sonic shower; tonight was going to put enough of a drain on his account without that unnecessary expense. Then he went to the replicator and finished out one or two things he knew he no longer had in his possession, and finally he went into the bedroom and started getting dressed.

He looked at himself in the mirror and nodded. Even though he had not gotten the chance to trim his hair since he had gone back on duty, it was still shorter than he used to wear it. Another inch or two longer it would be perfect, but he wasn't in the academy anymore and he was self-conscious enough about the gray beginning to pepper it. He ran a hand through his hair, wavering for a minute; then with a 'what the heck', he ordered the growth stimulant. He went to his computer terminal and sent a message to Tom.

"Tom, if it's okay with you, I've decided on a spot in San Francisco, so don't wear anything too flashy. Something you would wear on a Friday night out shooting pool."

* * *

Tom got the message and quirked an eyebrow at it. Chak had sent it through the computer system, instead of by comm badge, so he wasn't really looking for an immediate response. Friday night shooting pool in San Francisco. That could be anything from jeans to leather. Tom thought about what he used to wear on the weekends off from the academy, and a devilish smile lit his eyes.

* * *

Chakotay waited just inside the holodeck. He was glad he had the jacket, because he forgot how cool it got in the evenings here. He had had to bolster himself several times to keep from changing into something much more his usual style. Tom would appreciate this change from the stoic first officer. He checked the time again. Three minutes.

* * *

Tom didn't feel too stupid as he walked to the holodeck. The idea had seemed brilliant when he had first had it. He had just replicated some clothes he used to wear. Jeans, an open collared shirt in a dark blue, some boots and he was set to go. Now, as he walked through the halls, he realized people were staring at him. Of course, people used to stare at him before when he wore stuff like this, so what was the problem, Paris? He shook his head as he got on the turbolift; he didn't want anyone but Chak staring at him that way now.

* * *

Chakotay jumped when the computer announced Tom was on this deck. He stood up straight and moved back around the corner of the building behind him. He heard the doors open, and then Tom saying "Wow." He smiled to himself and swallowed nervously, as he stepped around the corner, to where Tom stood on the streets of San Francisco.

"Looking for someone?" he asked, coming up behind Tom.

* * *

Tom turned around and saw Chakotay coming up behind him. He had been floored when he had walked in. This actually was San Francisco on a Friday night. The place was lit up, people strolling the streets, businesses, the tang of salt air, the slight chill. It was perfect.

However when he got a look at Chak, his heart skipped a beat. Chakotay was dressed in black. It took Tom a second to recognize him. He had his hands tucked into the pockets of a black jacket. Black jeans showed off his powerful legs and black boots finished the outfit. Damn, he looked fine, and his hair was longer. Tom loved it. He smiled and got a nod back from Chakotay.

"Hey there, big man. You're looking good," Tom said with ease.

"You like it?" Chakotay asked, moving the jacket out of the way, so Tom could see the black tee he was wearing under it.

"I like it. You kinda remind me of James Dean in those old earth vids."

"James Dean?"

"Biker, total bad boy."

Chakotay smiled evilly, coming up beside Tom. "Not looking bad yourself, flyboy. Ready for dinner?"

"Oh yeah," Tom said, as Chakotay and he headed down the street. "Where are we? I've never been here."

"People like you probably didn't come here that often," Chakotay said with a smile. "By the way, what did you do, tell the computer make those jeans fit like second skin?"

"People like me? What does that mean?"

"Tom, were you into fights and a rough crowd when you were in the academy?"

"No."

"Well, I was," Chakotay said, stopping opening a door to a restaurant. "Doesn't look like much, but the food here is great."

"I'll take your word for it," Tom said.

The two men sat at a back booth and shared an Italian dinner the likes of which Tom hadn't eaten in years. The pasta was great, the garlic bread dripped with butter and garlic, the salad was crisp, and the wine was perfect. He and Chakotay laughed and talked through out most of the meal. Then Chakotay put his hand on Tom's leg under the table. Tom, feeling somewhat randy, covered Chak's hand, moved it higher and scooted a little closer. He almost gasped as Chakotay boldly reached up and cupped Tom, and then started rubbing.

"Like that?" Chakotay asked, staring straight into Tom's eyes.

"Oh yeah," Tom replied, spreading his long legs under the table, giving Chak even more access.

Chak leaned over and kissed Tom, as his hand continued to play with him. "Want to know something kind of ironic, Lieutenant?"

"Sure, Commander?" Tom said, as his brain started shutting down.

"This is the only other place in the universe that I have been called Chak," Chakotay growled in his ear. "Do you want to meet the real Chak?"

"Sure," Tom said, as Chakotay leaned over and breathed up and down his neck.

"Good," Chakotay responded.

Chakotay reached up with the hand under the table and flipped the button and slowly eased Tom's zipper down. Tom held his breath considering he didn't have anything on under his jeans, but when Chakotay's warm hand wrapped around his cock, he dropped his head back.

"Shit."

He tried to keep his breathing even as Chak worked his cock with a strong hand. He eyes shot open when Chakotay ran his thumb over the front and top of his cock. The look in Chakotay's eyes was predatory.

"Don't ever come here by yourself, Tom. You'll get hurt."

"I will?"

"Oh yeah," Chakotay responded, continuing to stroke Tom with slow languid strokes. "Ready to go shoot some pool?"

"Huh?" Tom asked, surprised at the sudden change.

"Unless you want me to jack you off in the middle of a restaurant?" Chakotay asked innocently, removing his hand from Tom.

"I was beginning to like the idea," Tom said.

"We have four hours, Tom, and I plan to enjoy all of them before we retire for the evening." Chakotay picked up the cannolli and Tom watched as Chakotay slowly licked the cream off one end. "Let me know when you're ready to go," Chakotay said, with an evil smile as he licked a small amount of cream off his lips.

"Never, if you keep that up," Tom groused. In a moment, he was able to refasten his jeans.

They walked outside and the cold air allowed him to get himself under control.

"You know, Chak, I never knew you were a tease."

Tom was surprised when Chakotay, wrapped an arm around his waist, while one hand cupped his ass.

"I'm only a tease if I don't come across, Tom. I have every intention of coming across."

They went to a quieter street, and they went into a pool hall that Tom was sure he would have avoided like the plague when he was younger. He was very surprised when, after Chak had guided them to the bar, he turned and kissed Tom.

* * *

Chakotay found himself dropping into old patterns quickly. When they had been eating he had felt the call of the wild side. He hadn't been here in years, mentally or physically.

When he had been in the academy, he had started cruising this side of town looking for some fun. Fun to him those days had been a good fight, a hard fuck and a lot of whiskey. Probably why he had had pity on Tom when they had met. He had watched Tom in the restaurant and felt himself start to swell. Tom was exactly the type he would pick up around here. There were times he had felt twinges of conscious bringing kids like Tom to this area, but most of them knew what they were headed towards for even being on this side of town.

When they had entered the bar, he had seen the stares aimed at both of them. He knew this game well enough. When they got to the bar he had pulled Tom against him and claimed him, making it clear to anyone around, that they would have to go through Chakotay to get to Tom. He was more than pleased when Tom had leaned into the kiss with lust. Just the way he wanted it.

"So how do you like my world, Tom?"

Tom smiled, and reached up kissed Chak just as sensuously as Chak had ever been kissed.

"So far, so good," Tom answered with defiance and a dare in his eyes.

Chakotay stroked his cheek. "So you wanna shoot some pool or what?"

"Pool, for now," Tom said, looking around. "I shall assume hustling is out of the question."

"Only if you want to get hurt."

"Not on my list of things to do, Chak."

Then their world got physical. For the first time, Chakotay let himself stare brazenly at Tom's ass as he bent to make pool shots. He used his body to touch and herd Tom where he wanted him. He took his jacket off after the first few shots, and pulled Tom in for a long, hot kiss. Touching and stroking Tom to his heart's content.

"You were really like this?" Tom asked.

"This and worse," Chakotay said, taking a long drink off his beer. "I'm not perfect, Tom. You know I drink. You know I've killed, and you know how I ran things in the Maquis. Does it bother you?"

"As long as I don't end with a tattoo on my ass that reads Chak's whore, I can deal with it."

Chakotay smiled evilly. "I know this little tattoo place down the street." He laughed at Tom's frown. "C'mon, Tom. Your shot."

He checked the time, and walked up to Tom. "Our time is up in about forty-five minutes. What do you want to do?"

* * *

Tom stared at Chak for a second. This evening had not been what he had expected. He had expected maybe a quiet dinner and a walk on Dorvan, not this man who stood in front of him. Chakotay had become more physical, more sensual than Tom had ever hoped for, but there was an edge of danger that was probably just as exciting as the sheer physical beauty that was Chakotay. Tom figured, if he and Chakotay had met in the academy, he would have ended up with that tattoo.

He leaned in and kissed Chak, letting his thigh press against Chak's cock. He knew he had been excited most of the evening, and so had Chakotay. He had caught the look once or twice after he had made a shot. Chakotay pulled him tightly against him, and when they stopped, Tom answered,

"Whatever you want, Chak."

"That's a dangerous offer to make me, Tom."

"I figured."

Chakotay picked up his jacket. "Let's go."

This time, Chakotay took them to a small hotel. They went into the room and Chakotay called for lights. When he threw his jacket on a chair, he turned back around and Tom, who was leaning against the wall, said,

"We're going to have to try this with some different roles sometime, Chak. I could like this, if I knew what was going to happen."

"And what roles would you like, flyboy?" Chakotay asked, going to the replicator and ordering another beer. Tom watched his arms flexed as he drank the beer.

"The concept of having you show up when I was a freshman has real possibilities, big man."

Chakotay laughed. "I never did freshman. Too green."

"Well, getting picked up by you still has its interests."

"How about meeting at the academy, you all innocent and hot, and then I introduce you to that world?" Chakotay asked, as he stalked Tom.

"I like it, Chak," Tom responded with a mental picture that made his cock swell.

"Now, how about I introduce you to the world of hard, male on male sex?" Chakotay asked, hooking a hand around the back of Tom's neck and pulling him of balance. Before, Tom knew what was happening, Chakotay was drawing on his tongue, grinding their hips together, and squeezing Tom's ass with his other hand.

"You are hot, Tom," Chakotay whispered. "Half the men in that bar wanted you."

"And I was with you," Tom responded, grinding back against Chakotay's hard cock.

"Yeah, you were."

Tom snaked a hand between them and stroked Chak's prominent cock, squeezing it through his jeans.

"Spirits, yes. Do that again."

Tom did as Chak pulled his shirt free and ran his hands up his bare back, pulling Tom even closer. Tom felt himself drowning in Chakotay's arms. Chak was all over him, biting, exciting, and teasing. Soon Tom was hotter than he had been in years, pushing his hard cock against Chak's leg, as Chakotay put mark after mark on his neck, and shoulders. Then he turned Tom around, and wrapped his arms around his waist.

Tom opened his eyes and found himself staring into a full-length mirror. His shirt was open, and one of Chak's hands was traveling his chest, while the other was hooked on his belt by Chak's thumb. It was the first time, Tom had ever imagined seeing himself in Chakotay's embrace. He could feel the warmth and hardness pressing against his back.

"Say something now, Tom, or I'll finish this," Chakotay growled from behind him.

"Finish it, Chak."

"That's my flyboy."

The next few moments were watching Chakotay tease him. He watched as Chak freed his cock and began to stroke it. Tom watched as he wrapped his own hand around Chak's and began to help him. He couldn't pry his eyes away, as he twisted when Chakotay bit at his neck and ran his thumb over the end of Tom's cock. Then Chak switched their hands, closing Tom's over his own cock and then pushed Tom's jeans open wider.

"You're hot, Tom. So fucking hot."

Tom watched as Chakotay showed him off to himself. It was hot. Soon, his head was dropped back against Chakotay's shoulder as Chak expertly aroused him. He moaned and Chakotay whispered how he liked that. He felt Chak pressing against his denim-clad ass, answering his rhythm.

"Now, Tom, on the bed," Chakotay instructed with one last bite to Tom's neck.

Tom stripped his clothes off in time to see Chakotay strip his shirt off. On a whim with both of them still in their jeans, Tom pushed Chakotay back to the bed. He kissed him lewdly and started to work his way down Chak's body. He bit and nipped and left his own marks on the brown skin, drawing hisses and jumps from his lover. He stroked Chak's cock through his jeans and watched as the big man twisted for him.

"Oh, I am going to fuck your ass," Chakotay groaned as Tom continued.

It was only a few moments later that Tom found Chakotay lifting his head and kissing him, reversing their positions. Then a strong hand once more closed on his cock, and without breaking their kiss, Chak brought Tom off with one hand. Tom watched as Chakotay licked Tom's cum off his hand.

"Oh, shit," Tom panted.

"Lose the pants, Tom," Chakotay ordered, as he got off the bed and stripped his own off.

Once more Chakotay climbed onto the bed. Tom was thoroughly surprised when Chakotay took his cock in his mouth, and even more surprised when Chak started to open him while he did it. Tom ran his hands through Chakotay's long hair. He found the thick, dark strands running through his fingers exciting. It wasn't long before his cock began to respond to the ministrations.

Then Chakotay pulled away. "Kneel, here in front of me."

Tom did but at the last minute turned slightly. Chakotay laughed from behind him, as he saw what Tom had done.

"Narcissist."

* * *

Chakotay thought he was going to explode. He had never had this experience here. He usually took someone here, fucked his or her brains out and then left. But Tom had other ideas. He hadn't just let Chak have his way; he had taken his own initiative. He had seduced Chak, and to watch him in the mirror had been enough to make Chakotay uncomfortable with the pressure in his groin.

But this was Tom Paris to the extreme. He wanted to watch himself be fucked. Chak chided that he was going to have to watch himself. Somewhere in the back of his mind, Tom's words kept sounding like a warning. He wanted the mental connection. Well, he was about to have one hell of a physical connection.

Chakotay slid in behind Tom and kissed at his neck. "Ready?"

"Oh, yeah, Chak. Do it."

Chakotay positioned his cock and slowly pushed up. He watched Tom's face as his cock slid into Tom's hot body. He watched Tom arch his neck and grab his own cock, shifting on his knees to accommodate Chak.

"Beautiful, Tom, so beautiful," Chakotay whispered hoarsely, wanting to drive upwards, but enjoying his lover's show too much.

"Fuck me," Tom cried, pulling on himself.

Chak shifted them slightly, and then holding Tom in place with his hands on his hips, he pushed himself deeply inside. It wasn't hard, but it was relentless. Tom's hands slid lower and squeezed his own balls. His groan echoed through both of them. Chakotay pulled almost all the way back out, and then started to slide back in again. He chewed on that spot that made Tom twist. As Chakotay saw Tom start to tease himself again, Chakotay bit a little harder than he meant to.

"Do it, Chak. Make me come again," Tom groaned.

Soon, with both of them watching the mirror, Chakotay and Tom both started striving together. Chak sped up and wrapped his hand around Tom's cock as he started to get close. Tom leaned forward slightly, giving Chak more of an angle to shoot for. And there in the holodeck, Chakotay watched Tom arch his back as he came for him, just as he buried himself deep in Tom's willing body and came as well. It was several moments later, both of them breathing heavily that the chime sounded.

"Fifteen minutes left."

"Shit," Tom panted. "C'mon Chakotay. I really don't want to get caught in this position."

Chak held him in place for a minute, wrapping an arm around his waist. When he could, he whispered. "Thank you, Tom. That was wonderful."

"Yeah, it was. I kinda like this Chak guy," Tom said, covering Chak's arm. "You ought to let him come out and play more often."

"I'll see what I can do," Chakotay responded, as he and Tom separated.

They walked side by side out of the holodeck, to spend the night together in Chakotay's bed. Something had changed between them that night, something shared that made everything right. They spoke without a word, and knew the others thoughts. Chakotay held Tom in his arms, and Tom fell fast asleep.

* * *

The next morning, Chakotay was called to Kathryn's ready room earlier than usual. He kissed Tom and left his quarters. Tom neatened his stuff up, made the bed and recycled their breakfast dishes, all the while revealing in their closeness. Last night had been awesome. He doubted Chakotay had ever shared that with anyone else and it made him happy. He made his way to the bridge with a free and easy feeling. It wasn't until the morning meeting that he finally got the feeling something was terribly wrong.

He sat down at his usual spot, greeting everyone as he came in. He picked up the padd to review what was on today's agenda and nearly fell out of his chair when he read it. The Captain had altered the duty roster. He had an extra half shift of piloting sims for the next week and she had rotated Chakotay to gamma. They had no days off together and any day one of them had a day off, the other was pulling extra shifts. He scrolled down the padd and saw the notation, until further notice.

He looked up as she and Chakotay both came storming into the conference room. He could see they had had one of their stellar arguments. She was sparking with anger and Chakotay was dark and furious.

Harry glanced at him with pity in his eyes, B'Elanna looked like she was ready to growl at someone and Tuvok raised both eyebrows.

When the meeting was over, Tom didn't know whether to run for the helm or stay and keep the two from coming to blows over this. Instead, he sent a message to Chak's station and asked,

"What in the hell happened?"

Chakotay stormed off the bridge without saying a word to anyone. He waited until Chakotay had enough time to get to his quarters. The message light on the helm started to blink.

"Kathryn had the holodeck after us last night. She saw us leave together and recreated the final scene. Watch yourself, she's out for blood."

"Oh great," Tom thought.

"Lieutenant Paris, if you cannot keep your attention focused on the helm, I'm sure I can find someone who can. And perhaps some extra time running power conduit testing can help you focus your attention on your job."

"No, Captain, that won't be necessary."

* * *

That evening, Tom sat in his quarters trying to think. Kathryn had been looking for any excuse to lay into him publicly, dogging his every move. When lunch had come, she had followed him to the mess hall and when Chakotay came in, she called him to her table. Harry and B'Elanna joined Tom.

"What's up between the Commander and the Captain?" Harry asked.

"She figured it out, didn't she?" B'El asked Tom.

"More than figured it out," Tom said, wondering how B'Elanna knew and why she was talking to Tom about it.

"Figured what out?" Harry asked.

"Chakotay and Tom," B'El said quietly.

"Really?" Harry asked Tom.

He nodded, trying not to watch them have another argument. It had been so right this morning, and so right the night before. Why did this have to happen?

"Tom, don't you dare give up. Chakotay can handle her," Greg said, sitting down with them. Gerron squeezed in, too.

Tom saw the Captain fix him with an icy glare.

"Yeah, this wasn't causing any problems until she got her tail in a twist over it," Gerron added. "Damn, she looks just like Seska right now."

Tom almost choked on the food he was trying to swallow.

"Tom, are you all right?" Harry asked.

"Yeah, Har. I'm fine. I just know what's gonna happen," he said with a flash of a smile. "Paris luck. Always a kick in the balls. Sorry, guys, I've lost my appetite. I'll catch up with you later."

He had left the mess hall and done his shift in sickbay and then his added shift of piloting sims. He swore whoever had programmed these simms were half Kazon, half-crazy Klingon and one hundred percent vengeful bitch. Not even he could get past four Kazon warships.

Now, he sat in his quarters trying to unwind. He had done a location check and both Chakotay and the Captain were on the bridge. There was no way in hell he was opening Chak up to the barrage he had taken today, so he just sat quietly, trying not to hear the death knoll of their relationship.

* * *

For a week it continued. Kathryn breathing over his shoulder. Chakotay and him passing padds back and forth because anything else got them written up for negligence of duty, and a tightness in his stomach that kept Tom from being able to eat.

Now, he stood at attention in Kathryn's ready room.

"Lieutenant, your scores were below acceptable. I have no choice but to continue your extra training until you bring your scores back up," Kathryn said, throwing the padd onto her desk. "Dismissed."

Tom bit his lip and started to leave, but something said he needed to say something. He stood there for a minute thinking.

"I said dismissed, Lieutenant."

"Captain, with all due respect, I would give up the helm for him."

"Get the hell out of my office, Mister!" Captain Janeway all but snarled at him.

* * *

Meanwhile, in private quarters an interesting discussion was taking place.

* * *

Chakotay sat at his desk, in his office, seething. Kathryn had just posted his and Tom's new duty roster.

"That Bitch!" He slammed his fists down on the desk. "This has got to end."

* * *

Gerron stared at Greg Ayala with doubt in his eyes.

"Greg, have you been breathing antimatter fumes or something? Is there a leak in the coolant lines somewhere? This is nuts. It won't work."

"Yes, it will," Greg smiled.

"No, Greg, it won't. First of all, I have no desire to do brig time for seducing the Captain. I'm not her type and I couldn't get it up for Kathryn Janeway if it meant my life."

"Not you, you idiot," Greg said, pulling Gerron in for a kiss.

Gerron froze for a moment, their discussion completely forgotten. He had been flirting with Greg almost since they had gotten to the Delta with no results. Now Greg was kissing him? And not some prim little kiss either. This was a good kiss. He pulled away, suspecting he was being distracted. "Then why do you want me to make a try for the Captain?"

Greg smiled indulgently, and then sat up straight. "Our resident ex-borg has had the hots for Chakotay for quite some time. However, when the Chief chucked a spoon at her in sick bay a while back, she realized she didn't want to put up with his male temper tantrums."

"What are you talking about, Greg? Cap doesn't have temper tantrums. Spirits, the man doesn't even loose his temper anymore. He hasn't really gotten mad since we first got here."

"So I made it sound a little worse than it really was," Greg said with an evil smile.

Gerron looked at Greg hard, trying to figure out what he was up to.

Greg smiled and traced Gerron's lips. "When you try for Janeway, she's going to turn you down. Seven, who wants a chance to move in, is going to come in behind your little meeting with the Captain and together they will mourn the stupidity of men, and Seven's going to make her move."

"Seven wants Janeway?"

Greg smiled as he remembered how Seven had put it and repeated it for Gerron. "It is logical that the Captain should find Seven more interesting than Chakotay. Simply put, the Captain has never been presented with all of the facts. As a female, Seven can understand the Captain, and her needs more adequately than a man does. Also, as a member of a collective, Seven better understands Janeway's needs to be supported in her efforts for Voyager. And, as a logical female, the Captain will find Seven's attitude more soothing than those of an illogical male. She will not be forced to endure a courtship, nor will she be expected to partake in unnecessary conversation or...how did she put it...oh yeah, ego stroking. Their relationship would be straight forward and without the usual baggage of a male/female relationship."

Gerron sat there for a moment trying to think of how to respond to that. Then he smiled and started laughing. "Know what, Greg. Since you put it that way. I think they're perfect for each other."

Greg started laughing too. "I know. When B'El told me about Seven's interest in the Captain, I thought they were both nuts too. That is, until I talked to Seven. Now I actually think they have a chance."

Gerron smiled wider when Greg stroked his cheek. "What are you up to, Ayala?"

"I wanted to discuss this put up or shut up attitude you've had with me lately."

* * *

Chakotay was just about to leave his quarters. He was headed for Kathryn's quarters. They were going to have this out, one way or another. He had had enough. He had told her there was nothing between them and if she chose to ignore that and keep some fantasy alive to the point that anyone getting near him was going to go through seven different types of hell, he was going to set her straight. He stalked towards her quarters.

"Ayala to Chakotay."

"What, Greg?"

"I gotta talk to you, Chief. Now, It's important."

"Now?" Chakotay asked sternly, pausing just a few steps from Kathryn's door.

"Now."

"On my way," Chakotay said, turning back towards the turbolift, bypassing Kathryn's door.

* * *

"Gerron, I am very flattered by your offer," Kathryn said, to the young Bajoran standing in her quarters. "Really, but I have rules about this type of thing, and there is the matter of our age difference."

"Oh," Gerron replied apparently crestfallen. "I...I understand. I just had to tell you how I felt, Captain."

"And I appreciate your honesty. I will admit, I'm surprised you would find me...attractive, but I'm sure you can understand the position I'm in."

"Yes, of course, Captain. I'm sorry to have taken your time."

"No, Gerron, thank you for stopping by."

She opened the door, allowing him to leave. Kathryn Janeway wandered her room with a surprised, but pleased smile on her face. Gerron Tem, she repeated to herself, I'm old enough to be his mother. She sighed as the door chime sounded again. She called entry, sure to be more forceful with the young man this time.

* * *

"What?" Chakotay said, entering Greg's quarters.

"Oh, man. That was close, Cap. You nearly just screwed up several days of rather intricate planning."

"What are you talking about? I was about to have a meeting with Kathryn," Chakotay said, moving to stand beside Greg.

"Yeah, I know, but Gerron was with her," Greg said, making an adjustment.

"What in the hell are you doing running the internal scanners?"

"I've been doing it for a while now," Greg said, watching the board very intently. "Good, they've sat down on the couch."

"Greg! What is going on?"

"Computer, allow Gerron Tem entry," Greg said. "I'll explain in a minute, Chak."

The doors slid open and Gerron came in. "Worked like a charm, Greg. How are they doing?"

"Sitting close to each other on the couch."

"What is going on?" Chakotay demanded.

"That's great," Gerron said, moving to the other side of Greg. "Really close to each other."

Chakotay finally had enough of being ignored and stepped between the two of them and the computer screen.

"What is going on?" He asked in his most threatening command voice.

"We are helping Seven make a play for Kathryn, so she will leave you and Tom alone," Greg said, meeting Chakotay's eyes.

Chakotay blinked. "What?"

Greg and Gerron smiled at each other. "Goes like this, Chak," Greg started. "Seven was interested in you, but you threw a spoon at her and were more interested in Tom. So, Seven put that extremely logical mind to work, and deduced that Kathryn would be the next best catch. It didn't hurt that you and Kathryn were about at each others' throats. Seven figures she's more of what Kathryn wants and needs, and is at this very moment extolling her value and virtue to Kathryn."

"Kathryn isn't gay!" Chakotay pointed out.

"We know that," Gerron said. "But she could be bi."

"She was involved with a man on Earth," Chakotay pointed out. "She was interested in me."

"And you and Gerron have both taken a run at women. So what?"

"So...so..." Chakotay looked at the screen. "How close to each other?"

* * *

Two days later, Chakotay walked into the Kathryn Janeway's ready room and could have sworn she jumped and almost spilled her coffee when the door slid open, even though they always met at this time.

"Commander, how are you this morning?" she asked, pleasantly.

Chakotay eyed her carefully. Although Greg had kept him up to date on her and Seven, as of yet, they hadn't spent a night together, or even gone to the bedroom.

"Fine, Captain. How are you?"

A smile was quickly squelched. "Fine, Commander. Shall we get down to business."

"Of course," Chakotay replied, sitting down with his padd in hand.

"First and foremost, we have some unauthorized scanning going on," Kathryn said, looking surprisingly nonchalant.

Chakotay felt his stomach lurch. "We do?"

"Yes, but we can't track down exactly who or where the scan is coming from. Actually, we first picked it up when you were sick, but it has continued since then. I thought it might be someone keeping an eye on you. Now, I can only wonder why our cabins are under surveillance."

"Just our cabins?" he asked, concentrating on his padd, hoping he hadn't gone as pale as he thought he had.

"Yes," she replied evenly. Then she met his eyes and handed him a padd. "However, I'm sure we can discover who it is soon enough."

Chakotay glanced at the padd, and once more felt his face get pale and his stomach flip flop uneasily. It was he and Tom's schedules. They were both back on alpha and their days off coincided.

"Captain, I had nothing to do with the scans, and if you think I would-"

"Chakotay, I don't think you did. I also do not suspect Tom. However, as someone pointed out to me, not all relationships can be as private as we would like them to be and meddling is to be expected."

"What are you saying, Kathryn?"

"What I am saying, Chakotay, is," and she took a sip of her coffee. "That perhaps I did overreact to you and Tom. You were right. You were quite up front that after New Earth I had lost my chance. I just don't like losing." Her smile was not only amused; it was also hesitant. "And, I let my emotions get involved. However, I have found that I miss my alpha crew, that Tom shying away from me and the loss of productivity on the bridge, coupled with the crew being upset and once more causing division, was counterproductive to what I wanted on Voyager. We're a family, and I, as the Captain, cannot take my toys and run away, because something didn't work out the way I wanted it too."

"So you're okay with us?"

"Yes," she stated simply.

"Fine, then shall we get down to business?"

* * *

That night he and Tom ate dinner together for the first time in a long time. However, dinner was over and the two of stretched out of the couch, two glasses of wine on the table in front of them. Chakotay ran his fingers over Tom's lips.

"I missed you," he whispered.

Tom opened his mouth and gently nipped at Chak's fingers. "Me, too."

Chakotay kissed him.

"I am much happier the war is over though," Tom said with a smile.

"Me, too."

"You certainly are agreeable tonight," Tom noted.

"Yes, I am," Chakotay said with his own smile.

Tom turned around and asked "Okay, who are you and what did you do with the real Chakotay?"

Chak laughed. "I am just relieved, Tom. I went on my first spirit walk today since I hit my head, and I feel much more centered. I dealt with the night I got drunk, the time I spent as an invalid and my fight with Kathryn. I just feel much more relaxed tonight that I have in a long, long time."

"That long? I thought you did that like daily," Tom said, sitting up.

"No, not daily. Maybe once a week or so, more often if something's bugging me. I've tried since the accident, but things were so rushed when I first remembered and then the thing with Kathryn. By the time I had the time, I was too angry to get anywhere."

"So is everything all right?"

"It's fine. I am, however, planning on heading for that bedroom soon."

"Really? And do you plan on going alone?"

"Nope, I plan on having you beside me all night long, and waking up with you there tomorrow morning."

"I like the sounds of that," Tom said with a seductive smile.

In fact, now seems to be a really good time. What do you think?" Chakotay said, standing up, and unbuttoning his tunic.

"Right behind you, Chak," Tom said, also beginning to remove his clothing.

"Oh by the way, Tom. If I didn't warn you, I plan to keep my promise to you tonight." Chak carelessly threw his jacket and tunic in the general direction of the fresher, and then went to the bathroom.

"What promise?" Tom called.

Chakotay smiled evilly to himself as he took his pants off and slipped on a silk robe, and took a quick swish of mouthwash. He came back out and saw Tom sitting on the edge of his bed.

Chakotay sat down beside him and bit lightly at his shoulder. "Well, the first one was I was gonna suck your dick so well, you screamed loud enough for Kathryn to hear you, and you have a choice on the second. I can either lay down," Chakotay said, as he demonstrated, laying face first on the surface of his bed. He heard Tom gasp as he pulled his leg forward. "And let you fuck me, or I'll have you suck my fingers and I'll open you, and slowly slide my dick so far up your ass, I'll be able to tell if you still have your tonsils."

Chakotay had to fight laughing as Tom's jaw hung slack for a moment and then swallowed several times.

"Your choice, flyboy, which shall it be?"

"Uh, uh," Tom stuttered.

Chakotay could see his eyes shifting up and down his silk covered body. Finally he looked up and met Chak's eyes. "Make you a deal, Chak. You let me at you like that, and then you can do whatever you want."

"You want to fuck me, Tom?" Chakotay asked deep and sultry.

"No," Tom said, pulling his pants off quickly. "I want to make you so hot, you really can tell whether or not I still have my tonsils."

Chakotay laughed. "I'm all yours, flyboy."

* * *

Tom felt fingers trace his lips. He started to suck on them, his tingling cock and balls responding when he realized what was coming next.

"That's it, baby, get 'em nice and wet," Chakotay whispered.

Tom did, enjoying the feeling of Chak's callused fingers sliding between his lips.

"Did you enjoy that, Tom? You like how I sucked your cock?" Chakotay asked.

Tom could only moan in response.

"You have me hotter than I've been in years, Tom. My cock is actually leaking."

Tom smiled around Chak's fingers. He knew how to give a pretty good blowjob too. He had used the silk robe at first, teasing Chak and finding his hot spots, and boy, did he have one or two. Blowing in his ear got a definite response, and he liked a firm stroke on his cock, one that made the foreskin draw back down his cock, and then bunched it back up. Tom had also discovered that Chakotay was tactile, and loved having his back stroked, rubbed, and teased. The only real difference between the two of them was Tom had already come once. Chakotay had physically rolled him over and just about devoured his cock until he had cum. Tom still felt like there were lead weights on his arms and legs.

When he had Chak's fingers wet enough; Chakotay nudged his leg forward and penetrated him. Tom couldn't help moaning it felt so good. Chakotay started talking to him.

"Like that, baby? It's gonna get better, because I don't think Kathryn heard you yet."

"Then she's deaf," Tom answered him, drawing a quick gasp as Chakotay used a second finger.

Within moments, Chakotay urged Tom onto his hands and knees. Tom bit his lip when he felt Chak's dick press against him. Tom had done this before and he knew spit didn't make that great a lubricant. This was gonna hurt, sooner and later.

"Relax for me, Tom. I don't want to hurt you." A gentle hand rubbed his back.

Tom sighed, and mentally relaxed himself. Then Tom recognized the oily feeling against him. Chakotay had used lube. Relaxing wasn't nearly as hard after that.

For a moment, he felt conflicting emotions again. He had been so ready to let Kathryn run the two of them apart, but not only had Chak fought for them, so had the Maquis. Even tonight he was ready to accept the fact Chak was going to hurt him, but no, not Chak. He had taken the moment, the extra attention necessary to let Tom know he cared.

As Chak's cock entered him, Tom squeezed and heard his lover grunt at the extra friction.

"I love you, Chakotay," he groaned as his ass was filled by Chak's big dick.


Tom thought that maybe Kathryn had heard him this time. His cock felt like it would never get hard again. He lay face first in Chakotay's bed, with a large body on top of him, trying not to smoosh him as Chak caught his breath.

"Did I hear you correctly?" Chak panted, as he lifted up on an arm.

"Yeah, you did. Sorry, if it was too much."

"No, it wasn't, just wanted to know why then, and what brought it on."

"You did, Chakotay. Every time I was ready to just take whatever was thrown my way since we got together, you've proved that wasn't what you wanted. That I mattered to you. Like the first night when you wouldn't let me make a mistake, or when we ate lunch that day, and you wanted to tell the Captain about us and I wasn't comfortable with it. You hear what no one else hears, Chak.

"Of course, Tom. That's what people do when they care about each other. They listen. Not only to the verbal messages, but also to the nonverbal."

"Not in my experience."

"Tom," Chakotay said, holding him tight. "We're in this together. Now, what made you say it right then."

Tom paused, the reason now sounding stupid, but Chakotay waited patiently. "You used lube."

Chakotay's arm tightened and he heard the warm chuckle. "Spirits, Tom, spit doesn't last. What did you expect? That I would just...You did, didn't you?"

Tom just nodded.

"Tom Paris, I now know why you never had a fulfilling relationship with a man. You've only gone out with jerks."

"Not any more, I don't," Tom said with a smile.

"Just to let you know. I love you, too. And I'm falling more in love with you every day."

"I really like the sounds of that, Chak. And think of this, now we can both have fun at bath time, together."

"Oh, I like the sounds of that," Chakotay said, turning Tom over and kissing him.

Then they heard, faintly through the walls, "Oh, Seven, Yes!"

In the semidarkness of Chakotay's quarters, both men started laughing.

* * *

The next day at lunch, Tom sat down, and within moments, he was surrounded by the strangest conglomeration on board Voyager. B'Elanna and Harry were sitting next to each other, and from the looks of their body positions, they were touching from ankle to hip. Then Gerron and Greg sat down, and Tom's jaw just about got bruised when Greg leaned over and kissed Gerron.

"About time," B'Elanna growled, and then kissed Harry.

Tom glanced around the mess hall wondering how he had gotten to the alternate universe. Then he saw Chak, the Captain and Seven all come through the door smiling. His jaw dropped another notch as Chakotay split off, came over to him, kissed him and promise to be back in a minute. He sat there quietly for a minute and then started laughing. Everyone turned around to stare at him. He saw confusion on some faces, concern on others and understanding on still others.

"Tom, what is wrong with you?" Harry asked.

"Welcome to the Lives of the Young and the Adventurous, Voyager style," he said dramatically.

"What are you talking about," Gerron asked.

"It's an old soap opera, Gerron. Old twentieth century vids. They used to be a big hit. They would throw this group of people together and come up with a plot, but after a while, things started to get just a little far fetched, and I thought they were fake, but now... No way, I'll believe every single word spoken, because as far as I can tell, we have reached that stage. If I had told any of you two months ago, this is where we would be today, would you have believed me?"

There was a general denial around the table, but he did notice one or two smiles from his companions. He shook his head, and looked up as Chak dropped a hand on his shoulder, and smiled at him.

"Everything okay?" he asked as he sat down.

"Just fine, Chak. We're just fine. We've started our own soap opera."

"Huh?"

The End

 


Challenges * Home * Stories