Our Two Dads

PA-Mado

Continuing adventures of the Novotny-Bruckner Family. Ben and Michael prepare for their first Christmas as a complete family. Sequel to I Want to Be a Dad. 11,500 words.

PART 1

One night, four months after bringing Angie and Bobby home from the hospital, Ben and Michael found they had a quiet moment to talk. As they sat on the sofa wrapped in each other's arms, Michael looked up into his husband's eyes and asked, "Ben, have you ever wondered if we've taken on more than we can handle?"

Ben replied calmly as he held his husband close, "Michael, there have been days, since we brought the twins home, we may have been a bit overwhelmed, but no, we can and will survive this period of time. Baby, things have gotten better with each passing day, we are fine."

A smile crept over Michael's face as he replied, "Ben, I love our little Angie and Bobby. They have taken hold of my heart and I don't ever want to think of ever being without either one of them."

Ben gave his husband a tender kiss on his neck and whispered, "Michael, Baby, I feel the same. We have gone through a lot of adjustments in the last four months. We've had plenty of sleepless nights, but now the twins are sleeping through the night and we can have more time for each other." Ben looked into Michael's big brown eyes and added, "Baby, I have missed our time together but now we've got it back."

Michael replied as he pulled his lover closer, "Ben, I know. I've missed our time together too, but we have two adorable children to love and they need us all the time." Michael looked up into his husband's cool blue eyes and added, "There are times I just go into their room and watch them sleep. They have filled our lives with so much joy."

Ben smiled and agreed, "Michael, you've summed up my feelings exactly. I have been touched by Angie and Bobby, they have totally carried my heart away."

Michael suggested as he got up and took his husband's hand, "Ben, please come to bed and let's have some time alone together. Hopefully we won't be disturbed tonight. I want to show you just how much I love you, Benjamin Bruckner. It has been so long since we have been able to make love and I have missed it."

Ben followed Michael up the stairs and into their bedroom after which Ben went to the bathroom and turned on the shower. Michael smiled and followed a minute later. As he stepped into the shower, Michael put his arms around his husband's waist and pulled him into a passionate kiss and embrace.

Michael looked lovingly into his husband's clear blue eyes and whispered, "Sweetheart, I love you so much. I have watched you with the twins and you are a wonderful father. You have the patience with Angie and Bobby I don't seem to have. You can calm them by just holding and rocking them. Sweetheart, I love you even more."

Ben smiled then replied, "Michael, that is why we make such a great team. You are the one who can stand firm with them. I'm going to have trouble because they can wrap me around their little finger. We'll love Angie and Bobby together and we'll be wonderful fathers."

With love and lust in his eyes Michael requested, "Ben, make love to me tonight. I want to feel you inside me." Michael pulled his husband closer and added, "I have missed you, but we have both been so tired. We need to take more time for ourselves."

Ben suggested, "Michael, why don't we see if your mom can take the twins one or two times so we can have some alone time? She loves being with Angie and Bobby, if she can give us a couple of days a month it will help. What do you think? Will she help us out?"

Michael smiled and agreed, "That is a great idea, Sweetheart. I will talk to her in a couple of days about it and see what she says. Now let's make love and get a good night's sleep, so we can care for our children tomorrow. I just hope they don't wake up. Can we go and check on the twins first?"

Ben took Michael's hand in his and suggested, "Okay, let's dry off and go check on our children together. Then you are all mine for the rest of the night, I plan on making you very happy if you know what I mean."

Ben and Michael walked over to check on their children and found that Angie and Bobby were sound asleep. Michael took Ben's hand in his as they walked back to their bedroom. Ben went over to lie down on the bed and motioned for Michael to join him. As they reached for each other, Ben took his husband's face in his hands and pulled him into a long awaited kiss. Michael melted into his lover's arms and lips as he pulled Ben even closer.

Michael looked into his husband's cool blue eyes with so much love and asked. "Ben, what did I ever do to deserve you? I'm so amazed that you love me the way you do."

Ben looked confused as he held his lover in his arms then replied, "Michael, what are you talking about? I love you because from the moment we met you changed my life. You looked beyond the surface and loved me for just me." Ben looked down at his loving husband and added. "Now with Hunter, Jenny Rebecca, Angie and Bobby in our lives, our love grows stronger everyday."

Ben kissed Michael deeply and with such passion they both had to pull back for a breath of fresh air. At that moment Ben only wanted to continue holding Michael closely yet lovingly in his arms. They made passionate and tender love that night. They fell asleep wrapped in each other's arms totally satisfied.

The next morning Ben woke up to find Michael gone. He got out of bed, pulled on his sweats, and went to find his husband. Ben found Michael in the twins' room feeding Bobby a bottle. He stood in the doorway and just watched his husband lovingly hold and feed their son. With a smile on his face, Ben walked over to his family and put his arm around Michael's shoulder as he bent down and tenderly kissed their son on his forehead. Ben lovingly said, "This is a beautiful picture to wake up too. You are a wonderful father, Michael. You are the first one up every morning making sure the children are feed and dry. You three are so important to me." Ben tenderly kissed his husband then continued, "Has Angie been feed yet?"

Looking pleased and loved, Michael smiled, "No, Ben, would you like to do the honors?"

Ben nodded as he reached for his daughter, "Of course I would, Michael. She is an Angel, isn't she?" Ben picked up his daughter, sat in the other rocker and began giving Angie her bottle. Michael looked over at Ben and their daughter with love in his heart. He felt a tear roll down his cheek and just smiled. Michael had his family all together.

~~~~~~~

A couple of days later Michael had Angie and Bobby in the living room as he watched them nap. Ben came home from classes, walked over put his arms around Michael's shoulder and kissed his neck. Ben whispered, "How were the kids today?"

"They were wonderful. I was on the run as usual but no major trouble," replied Michael.

Ben gave his husband a squeeze then replied, "Baby, I don't have any classes scheduled for the next couple of days so I can stay home with Angie and Bobby. You need to go to the store and see how your assistant, Steve, is doing and check on your shipments. I want to spend sometime alone with the twins."

Lovingly Michael looked into his husband's eyes and replied. "Okay, Sweetheart, I'll make sure you have everything you need. You're right, I need to get out for a while."

Ben gave Michael a curious look then asked, "Did Angie or Bobby do anything new today?"

Grinning with excitement Michael informed his husband, "Ben, I thought I saw Bobby trying to roll over. He didn't make it but I imagine it won't be long."

Ben decided to change the subject and said, "Michael, Baby, Christmas is just around the corner. We need to do something special for Angie and Bobby's first one."

Michael agreed as he tenderly kissed his husband's lips, "I know Ben. We need to have their pictures taken with Santa and have a great big Christmas tree. It's going to be so much fun." Michael smiled at his husband and added, "Ben, we need to get Hunter in on the preparations too."

Ben replied with a smile on his face, "I agree, Michael. Our first Christmas as a complete family is going to be wonderful.

Michael suddenly remembered, "Oh, Sweetheart, I almost forgot. The twins have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday. Will you be able to come with us? I'll need your help."

Ben looked at his husband and laughed, "Sure, Michael, I wouldn't miss it. I'll need to keep you calm, along with the twins. You tend to get upset when Angie and Bobby get their shots."

Michael responded as he gave his husband an indignant look, "Ben, I won't get upset. What ever gave you the idea I'd get upset?"

Ben reminded his husband, "Michael, you did when they got their first shots. So I figure it will be the same this time too."

Michael finally admitted, "Well maybe you're right, Sweetheart. I just hate seeing Angie and Bobby hurt and crying. It tares my heart out when the twins get so upset."

Ben agreed, "I know Michael, we are both big softies when it comes to the twins. It just proves how much we love Angie and Bobby."

Michael replied as he gazed lovingly at his husband, "Ben, it's time to feed the twins. Will you help me get their supper ready?"

"You've got it, I'll be glad to help feed our children. I love taking care of the children together, I really feel like a father." Ben replied.

PART 2

After dinner and when the kitchen was cleaned, Ben and Michael sat in the living room holding Angie and Bobby in their laps when the doorbell rang. Ben gave Angie to Michael and went to answer the door. He opened it to find Debbie and Carl smiling back at him.

"Hi, you two, come in. What brings you to our neck of the woods?" Ben said as he gave his mother-in-law a hug.

Debbie answered, "Hi, we thought we'd come and see how the twins and you are doing. Where are my adorable grandchildren?"

"Mom, here they are, why don't you come and get Angie? She loves seeing her Grandma." Michael replied with a smile.

Ben smiled as he chimed in, "Debbie, you are always welcome to come and visit us. Why don't you sit down and tell us what's on you mind?"

"Well, Ben, Carl and I thought you two could use a night out. Now go and get on your club clothes, go out and have some fun," replied Debbie.

Michael perked up and inquired, "Mom, are you sure? I don't know if I really want to go. I haven't really left the twins for very long since we brought them home from the hospital."

Ben took Michael in his arms and looked longingly into his eyes then replied, "Come on Baby, we can use a break. It'll be fine. Let your mom and Carl have sometime alone with Angie and Bobby."

Michael finally agreed, "Okay, Mom. They have been feed but they may want a bottle later. You'll find the bottles in the fridge if you need them."

Michael turned to his husband, put his arms around his neck and suggested. "Okay, Sweetheart, let's change, then go to Babylon. We haven't seen the gang in a long time." Michael looked lovingly into Ben's eyes and added, "Let's go and have some fun. Tonight I want to dance with my hunky husband."

Ben took Michael into his arms and said, "Baby, you've got it." Turning to Debbie, Ben added, "Thank you Grandma. You four have fun, we plan on having a good time too."

~~~~~~~

Twenty minutes later, Ben and Michael entered Babylon. The music immediately swept them up as they moved toward the bar. Emmett spotted them and yelled, "Well look who's here."

"Hi, Emmett and Drew. Where is everyone? We expected to see the entire gang here tonight." Ben asked.

Giving them each a kiss, Emmett told them, "Ted and Blake haven't come in yet. They have been spending a lot of time alone. I think they may have an announcement to make soon. Brian is up in his office. I think he really misses Justin."

Drew greeted the couple and asked, "Now, how are the twins? We haven't seen them in so long. They must be such a joy to be around."

Ben proudly answered, "Angie and Bobby are growing like weeds. Michael is making sure they are well fed and taken care of. He has become a wonderful father. You know everyday I come home from work to find Angie and Bobby have done something new. Michael keeps me up on what goes on with them every night."

Michael chimed in, "Soon, I'm going to start taking them to the store with me. They are old enough now to be away from home more. Ben says the university now has a day care in his building so he can take them with him sometimes." With pride Michael added, "Angie and Bobby are really so sweet. We feel so lucky having them in our lives."

Ben suggested, "Emmett, why don't you and Drew come over on Saturday for a visit? We can catch up on the things that are happening with everyone. You can in turn see and play with the twins. It will be nice having company come over again."

Emmett looked over at Drew, who gave him a nod of approval. "Okay, we'll see you on Saturday," answered Emmett.

Ben and Michael headed out onto the dance floor. With the music swinging Ben took his husband by the waist pulling him close as they began swaying to the music. Michael put his arms around Ben's neck as he put his head on his husband's shoulder he reached up and kissed Ben on the neck. They danced and just held each other tight for what seemed like hours.

"Baby, it feels so strange, we're totally alone." Ben said in amazement.

Michael looked surprised, "What do you mean, Sweetheart? Babylon is packed. It's standing room only. Why do you feel totally alone?"

Ben whispered, "Michael, I mean we are away from the kids. I know this is going to sound ridiculous, but I miss Angie and Bobby. I am so used to having them around all of the time."

Michael reminded his husband, "Ben, we came out tonight to relax and have fun. Mom and Carl have everything under control at home. Please Honey relax."

Ben whispered in his husband's ear, "Alright Michael, I'll do my best. It's just we haven't been away from Angie and Bobby for so long at one time. But you're right, we both needed a night out to unwind."

After an evening of dancing and visiting with their friends, Ben and Michael arrived back home and found the twins fast asleep with Debbie and Carl quietly watching TV.

Michael gave his mother a kiss and inquired, "Mom, were the kids good for you?"

Debbie smiled back and answered, "Yes Michael, we had no problems. I don't even think they knew you were gone."

Ben came over and gave his mother-in-law a hug, "Debbie, thank you for the night out, we had a good time. Now we can handle tomorrow. What time did Angie and Bobby go to sleep?"

Debbie answered, "Ben, we gave them each a bottle and put them in bed at 10:00 p.m. You know you're two very lucky men, don't you? You have two adorable children to love."

Ben smiled with pride and replied, "We agree, Debbie. Our lives have changed for the better since we brought our two bundles of joy home. Sometimes I sit, holding one of the twins, and ask myself how I ever got along without my family in my life. Michael, Hunter, Angie and Bobby fill my days with so much love."

"We love you so much for babysitting for us tonight, Mom. A night out was just what we needed to recharge our spirit." Michael added.

Ben kissed and hugged Debbie and Carl as they headed to the front door. Debbie gave Michael a huge hug as she left the house.

Ben turned to Michael and suggested, "Well I don't know about you but I feel relaxed. Come on baby, I'll race you upstairs. I want to continue our night of being alone with each other, if you know what I mean?"

Michael replied, "Ben, you're on. We need to be with each other again tonight. Do you really think we can have two nights by ourselves?"

Ben answered. "Michael, we won't know until we try. I just want to hold you all night and make love to you. What do you say?"

Michael took his husband in his arms. "You'll get no complaints from me, Sweetheart. I'll meet you in bed but first let's go and check on the kids."

They walked together to the twins' room. As they opened the door Ben pulled Michael into his arms and kissed him deeply. Angie and Bobby were fast asleep so Ben and Michael went to their bedroom. As they climbed into bed and reached for each other, Ben pulled his husband close and kissed Michael tenderly on his lips.

Michael gazed lovingly into Ben's cool blue eyes and whispered, "It is so nice having this time together. I have missed just being alone with you lately, Sweetheart. I love the kids but I need this too."

"I know Michael, we need to always make time for each other." Ben said as he pulled his lover close and kissed him with so much passion that Michael melted into his husband's arms.

Michael pulled back and whimpered, "Please make love to me, Sweetheart, I need to feel you inside me to night."

After they made passionate love several times, Ben and Michael collapsed beside each other and couldn't move for the longest time. They fell into a peacefully sleep and didn't move all night as they remained in each other's arms until morning.

PART 3: The Doctor's Visit

Tuesday came all too quickly for Michael's taste. He dreaded taking Angie and Bobby to see Dr. Lucas again. They were so upset after their first visit, he couldn't stand the thought of them being hurt again.

Ben put his arms around his husband's waist and whispered, "Michael, please calm down. Angie and Bobby will be fine. They only cry for a couple of minutes. You know this has to be done so they can stay healthy."

Michael admitted, "I know Ben, but it hurts me so much to hear them cry. It's as if I'm the one getting the shot. I know that sounds crazy but I can't help it. If I could take their pain away I would in a heartbeat."

Ben gave Michael a loving squeeze and admitted, "No Baby, that's not crazy at all. It affects me the same way. We need to stay calm so the kids will be calm too."

Michael replied as he held his husband tight, "You're right Ben, I'll do my best to stay calm. Don't leave our side please. I need you strength and support today. The visits to the see the Dr. Lucas always tend to upset the children and me."

Ben gave his husband a tender kiss then smiled, "No problem Michael. I'll never leave any of you. You and the kids are my life. I find that I ache when I'm away from you too long but I love coming home and finding you here with the twins, playing or even napping. It's the most beautiful picture I'll ever see. The love I have for you three can't be measured. My love is unbounded."

Michael put his arms around Ben's neck, "Sweetheart, if I didn't love you so much that would sound so corny. On the same note, I feel the same way. I love walking in and watching you feed and rock, the kids. The love in your eyes makes them sparkle." Michael returned his husband's kiss then continued, "Ben, Sweetheart, I have never seen you happier. Just knowing we've given you this much happiness means the world to me."

Ben gently said as they moved toward the door, "Come on Michael let's get the kids in the car. We'll be back home before you know it."

They arrived at Dr. Lucas' office with time to spare. As usual Michael started getting nervous as they waited. Ben looked over at his husband and smiled. He took Michael's hand and gave it a loving squeeze for moral support. It worked Michael began to relax with Ben's support.

The nurse came to the outer office, "Mr. Novotny and Mr. Bruckner, we are ready for the twins now." Michael took a deep breath, looked at Ben and followed the nurse to the examination room. Dr. Lucas came in immediately and greeted them. "Hello, Ben and Michael, how have the twins been?"

Ben answered, "They are great Dr. Lucas. Now I hope you can tell us they are nice and healthy. Michael is about to climb the wall, his is so nervous."

"Oh, you are so funny Ben." Michael gave his husband a look which said, 'you just wait until we get home.'

Dr. Lucas checked Angie and Bobby's weight, measured them, checked their ears, eyes, and throats. He informed Ben and Michael, "Angie and Bobby are nice and healthy. Their weight and length are both within normal range. I would say you two are doing a great job."

"Thank you, Dr. Lucas." Michael added, "I think I almost saw Bobby trying to roll over the other day."

Dr. Lucas answered, "This is around the age for them to achieve this, Michael. Their development is right on schedule. Now for the fun part."

Ben held Bobby in his arms and Michael held Angie. Dr. Lucas quickly gave the twins their vaccinations before Michael could faint.

Dr. Lucas added, "Okay boys if Angie or Bobby, have a reaction give them some baby Tylenol. Now, I'll see you in six months for their next set of shots. Don't worry, they are fine."

The drive home was more relaxed. Ben looked over at Michael and saw tears in his eyes. Ben reached over and wiped them away with his finger then asked. "Michael, what's wrong? You heard Dr. Lucas, Angie and Bobby are doing fine."

Michael admitted, "I know Ben. I'm happy that's all. Just knowing we are doing a good job means everything to me."

Ben lovingly said, "I agree Baby, but don't get upset, please."

After they got home, Michael prepared Angie and Bobby's lunch while Ben changed them. He brought them back to the living room so Michael and he could give them their lunch. Together they fed the kids then rocked them to sleep. They finally had time for themselves, so Ben and Michael sat on the sofa with their arms around each other. Ben cuddled his husband until they were totally relaxed and Michael nodded off to sleep. Ben just sat and watched his lover sleep peacefully. With so much love in his heart and a tear in his eye, Ben thanked God for Michael and the twins. He was a very happy and lucky man. They stayed there contently for hours.

PART 4

That Saturday, Emmett and Drew came over for a visit. After getting drinks for everyone, Ben and Michael brought Angie and Bobby downstairs and placed them on a quilt they had put down earlier on the living room floor.

"It won't be long before Angie and Bobby start rolling over," said Ben, as he looked at Michael and smiled.

Emmett responded, "You two aren't too proud, are you?"

"Emmett, I never realized how strongly I could feel about these two precious children. And yes, I am proud." Michael added.

Ben sat down and said, "Michael is not the only one who is proud. Our lives have totally changed for the better. I wonder, when are you and Drew going to start your family? I highly recommend it."

Emmett replied, "Ben, we just moved in together six months ago. Give us sometime. We'll let you know when we're ready."

As the four men sat and talked, Bobby rolled over by himself. Ben touched Michael's arm. "Baby, Bobby just rolled over."

"I missed it, darn." Michael moped.

Ben put Bobby back on his stomach and they all waited. Just as Michael was about to give up, Bobby rolled over again. Two minutes later Angie followed suit.

"Ben did you see that, they rolled over." Michael said in excitement.

Ben smiled, "Baby, now it starts, next they'll start crawling and we'll never be able to keep up with them."

Michael said proudly, "I can hardly wait. I want to chase them all over the house and I'll love every minute of it."

Ben picked Angie up and gave her a big hug. He was so proud of his children that he wanted the whole world to know it.

As he looked over at his partner, Emmett asked, "Ben, can I hold Angie? She is so adorable I just want to take her home."

"Sure Emmett, be my guest. Angie can be a handful so be careful." Ben said as he gave Angie to him. Michael in turn handed Bobby to Drew and they just watched as Emmett and Drew played with their children.

"Ben, I agree your children are adorable. I wish we had two of our own." Drew said surprising Emmett.

Emmett inquired, "Drew are you sure? Honey that would be great, but isn't it too soon?"

Drew replied, "Emmett, Honey, I told you I wanted to have children and I want to have them with you."

Michael said in amusement, "Well it sounds like you two are more ready than you think."

"Michael, how do we get started? Where do we go? Who do we call?" Emmett inquired.

Ben chimed in, "Emmett, we got Melanie to help us. Why don't you give her a call? She'll do what she can for you."

Emmett replied, "Thank you, Ben." Turning to his lover Emmett said, "Drew, let's talk about this more when we get home tonight. This is a big decision to make and we need to be very sure before we proceed."

"Honey, you got it. If we decide to adopt now or later we will make the right choice." Drew lovingly said as he put his arm around his partner's shoulder.

Emmett and Drew stayed for dinner. They helped feed Angie and Bobby while Ben and Michael fixed dinner and then cleaned up. Drew and Emmett left that night with a new attitude about having a family.

"Ben, do you think they'll call Melanie? I'd like to see Emmett and Drew as happy with children as we are, don't you?" Michael asked as he leaned into his husband's arms.

Ben replied as he gave Michael a loving squeeze, "Only time will tell. They'll be good parents when they do but that is a choice they have to make together. We can be here to give them the support they will need to get through it though."

PART 5

One month before Christmas, Ben and Michael began their plans for Angie and Bobby's very first Christmas.

"Ben, I want this Christmas to be special for the twins. This will be their one and only first Christmas. I want to make sure everything is perfect." Michael explained with the excitement of a little boy waiting for Santa to arrive.

Ben replied as he gave Michael a supportive look, "What are you thinking? I want to help all I can, Baby."

Michael looked with love at his husband and said, "We're going to do this together, along with all of our family and friends."

Ben smiled at the man he loved and added, "Okay Michael, give me a rundown. What do you want me to handle for you first?"

"Ben, first we need to make sure Hunter is home and in on this." Michael declared.

Ben smiled, "No problem, Michael, Hunter's classes end on December 10. He'll be home on December 12."

Michael explained, "Ben, I want Mom and Carl in on this and we need to call your parents too. I want them all here. Do you think Sandra and Tom can come?"

Ben took his husband into his arms and told him. "We'll give them a call and ask them tonight. Thank you Michael."

"For what Ben?" Michael said as he gave his husband a kiss on the cheek.

With a lump in his throat Ben said, "Michael, it means so much to me that you want my parents here with us."

Michael pulled Ben closer and replied, "Why shouldn't they? They are Angie and Bobby's grandparents too. Of course I want them included."

Ben sighed, "Michael, this is going to mean a lot of work. Can we handle it?"

Michael informed his husband, "Ben, I'm asking Emmett to help plan and cater the meals, etc. Mom is going to jump at the chance to help. Hopefully your mom will want to help too. We're going to have more help than we know what to do with."

"Baby, tell me what else you want me to do and we are on our way." Ben pulled Michael even closer in his arms as he spoke.

~~~~~~~

That night Michael called Debbie and Carl. Michael explained. "Mom, Ben and I want to have an old fashioned Christmas for the children. I want and need your help."

"I would be hurt if you didn't ask me. How can we help, Sweetie?" Debbie asked in excitement.

"I'll let you know as we start making the plans. Thanks Mom, we love Carl and you so much." Michael added, "Let me ask you this. We are hoping Ben's parents will come. Can they stay with you while they are here?"

"Of course Sweetheart. We can do this together. It'll be fun." Debbie answered.

Michael added, "Talk to you again when we have more information to give you."

Michael turned to his husband, "Okay Ben, it's your turn. It's time to call your parents."

Ben pleaded as he started to reach for the phone, "Michael, will you stay with me? They may want to talk to you."

With a puzzled look on his face Michael asked, "Sweetheart, why are you so afraid of your parents? We are including them in this Christmas. They'll be happy."

Ben kissed his husband then replied, "I know Michael. I always want you beside me when I talk to my parents. You seem to keep me calm and I need that right now."

With a loving touch Michael said, "Okay, Sweetheart, but first let's go and check on Angie and Bobby, then we can call your parents."

They took each other's hand as they walked up to the twins' room. As Michael opened the door, they found Angie and Bobby were awake in their cribs. Michael looked puzzled, "Ben, I'm surprised they aren't crying. They usually scream when they are awake and alone in their cribs. I wonder what is going on."

Ben smiled back as his husband and suggested, "I don't really know what is going on with the twins. Maybe they are learning how to amuse themselves. Come on Michael, let's take our son and daughter downstairs feed and play with them for awhile."

"Ben, you don't have to tell me twice. I love when we can spend time with them, just the two of us." Michael added as he gave his lover a warm kiss.

Michael picked up Angie and Ben carried Bobby as they went down to the living room and put the twins down on the quilt in the middle of the floor. Michael went to the kitchen to fix the kids their supper while Ben amused the children.

Ben yelled, "Michael, come here, quick."

Michael came in a panic, "What is it Ben are the twins alright?"

Ben said calmly, "Yes, Baby, look they are on their hands and knees. It looks like they want to crawl."

"Ben, this is great. It won't be long now. They will be flying all over the house. We're going to need a gate for the stairs." Michael exclaimed.

"Let's take it one step at a time, Michael. Are you ready with their supper yet?" Ben asked.

Michael replied, "Almost Sweetheart, give me about ten minutes to warm their food and milk."

After, Angie and Bobby were feed Ben and Michael got down in the floor and played with them. After forty-five minutes of playing, Angie and Bobby finally got tired. Ben and Michael discovered they were just as tired. They picked up the twins and took them to bed.

Closing the door on their sleeping children, Michael took his husband's hand and headed for their bedroom. Putting his arms around Ben's waist Michael pulled him into a tender kiss and embrace, "Why don't we take a shower and relax?" Michael suggested.

Ben gave Michael a sheepish grin and agreed, "Baby, you read my mind. We can use some relaxation. Good start!" Ben went and started the shower as he took off his shirt. Michael smiled moving over to his husband with love and lust in his eyes. After taking their clothes off, Ben took Michael into his arms for a long lingering kiss. Ben smiled, "Come on Baby, let's hop in and get started."

Michael replied breathlessly, "Ben, I love you in everyway. It's so hard to keep my hands off you sometimes. All I want to do right now is make love to you."

Ben pulled his husband closer, "Well let's take care of that right now Michael, what do you say?"

PART 6

Ben gave Michael a mischief grin. Michael thought, 'Here we go again.' Ben had a wicked sense of humor. He loved to tie Michael up and by the same token, he loved being tied up by Michael.

Michael asked with a smile on his face, "Okay Sweetheart, who's turn is it this time? I gather you want someone to be tied up don't you?"

Ben replied with a devilish grin, "Well, I thought we could take turns tonight. I'm in the mood for more than one session."

Michael told his husband, "Lie down, Ben. Where are the ties? You get to go first. I promise to give you all the pleasure you want tonight."

Ben lay down and gave his husband the ties. Michael secured his loving partner's hands over his head then asked. "Are you comfortable, Sweetheart?" Michael leaned down and kissed his lips. Ben nodded his satisfaction as Michael continued kissing Ben's lips. He took his tongue and explored every inch of his husband's mouth.

"Does that feel good, Sweetheart?" Michael lovingly asked.

Ben moaned with desire, asking for more. Michael traced his way around Ben's jaw to his neck with his tongue lightly nipping as he went. He continued until he got to Ben's left ear. Michael had discovered a long time ago this ear was the most sensitive. He licked and kissed Ben's special spot until he groaned his excitement from deeply in his throat.

This spurred Michael to continue his assault on his husband's body. Next he moved down Ben's neck until Michael reached his chest. He worked his magic on his lover's chest and nipples. He licked and lightly bit until Ben's nipples were dark in color, hard and sensitive to the touch. Ben shivered with desire as Michael became excited as he continued. He devoured Ben's abs next, kissing and nibbling until Ben couldn't stand it anymore.

Michael took a page from Ben's book of making love and took his time. This tortured Ben beyond his limits. As Michael finally reached his desired object, Ben tried to reach out and touch his lover. This intensified Ben's desire and pleasure as Michael gently took Ben's throbbing cock in his hands, with his fingers, he stroked underneath his husband's cock causing him to jerk uncontrollably. He backed off so Ben could calm down. The pleading look on Ben's face told Michael he was on the right track.

"Baby, please fuck me, fuck me hard." Ben begged.

"Wait Sweetheart, I'm not through." Michael whispered into Ben's ear.

"Michael, I don't know if I can control myself any longer." Ben explained.

"Leave it to me, Ben, I'll make it worth your wait." Michael said as he continued his attention to his husband.

Ben relaxed and left it up to Michael. He took Ben into his mouth and slowly kissed, licked and nibbled his shaft moving up and down as he went. Michael finally released his lover causing Ben to whimper because of the separation.

Michael reached and got the lube then covered his fingers. Directing Ben to bend his knees, Michael penetrated him with two fingers. Ben jerked with pleasure and pain. Michael waited for his husband to relax before continuing. Michael reached his next target, Ben's prostate. He gently rubbed his fingers over and around giving Ben total and intense satisfaction. His husband groaned with pleasure and almost passed out.

Michael saw Ben couldn't take anymore. He reached for a condom, placed it on his own rock hard cock and entered his lover slowly. Allowing Ben to adjust, Michael slowly started a rhythm of penetration. With each movement he plunged deeper into his husband until he yelled with satisfaction. Michael quickly covered Ben's cock with a condom, allowing his to cum safely into the latex protection. Ben was exhausted, and Michael collapsed on top of his lover. They lay motionless until they both had regained their strength and cleared their heads.

Michael reached up and released Ben's hands. He immediately found himself swept up into Ben's strong but gentle embrace. They rested motionless until they slowly fell asleep in each other's arms.

[Now it was Michael's turn.]

Just before dawn Ben woke and watched his husband sleep. Ben pulled Michael into his arms and gently kissed his lips to wake him up. "Good morning, Baby." Ben said with a smile on his face.

"Good morning, Sweetheart. What time is it?" Michael yawned.

Ben whispered into his husband's ear, "About 4:30 a.m. Michael. I thought we could continue what we started last night."

Michael looked into his husband's clear blue eyes and saw that twinkle, which always meant he was going to have loads of fun. He yawned again to clear his head. Ben helped by planting a warm and tender kiss on his lover's lips. Ben reached for the ties and urged his husband to roll over on his stomach while Ben tied Michael's hands over his head. Straddling his hips, Ben kissed his lover's ear in that special spot causing Michael to curl his toes in excitement.

"How does that feel Baby?" Ben asked as he continued kissing Michael's ear.

Michael sighed, "I have no complaints, please continue."

Ben moved from Michael's ear gradually down his neck to the top of his spine. With kisses so tender and soft, he moved down Michael's back, licking and lightly biting as he went. Michael experienced different levels of intense pleasure at that moment. His moans told Ben to keep going. When Ben reached his husband's soft perfect ass, he attacked. He got the lube and covered his fingers. Michael, knew what was coming and raised his hips giving his husband easier access to him. Ben penetrated his lover with one then two fingers. It was Michael's turn to experience the pleasure of having his prostate messaged.

"OHHH!!! That feels so good. Please Ben, fuck me." Michael begged.

"Not just yet, Baby, trust me." Ben said lovingly.

"I do, Ben. I just hope I can hold out." Michael explained.

"Don't worry, I'll see to it." Ben said as he released Michael's hands. "Now turn over." Michael obeyed his husband, turning over only to be rebound again.

"Come on Baby, are you ready for phase two?" Ben asked with a smile on his face.

Michael replied, "Yes Ben, I love how you make love to me. It never gets old."

With love in his voice Ben whispered, "I do my best to please you, Michael."

Ben took Michael's mouth into his. His kisses were tender but passionate. Ben took his tongue and explored his husband's mouth. They finally had to separate in order to take a deep breath. Ben continued down to his lover's nipples licking, biting and pinching as he explored Michael's chest. Michael moaned and shivered with excitement.

"DON'T STOP Ben, please don't stop." Michael begged again.

"I have no intension of stopping, Baby. I have more I want to do for you this morning." Ben added lovingly.

He continued down Michael's smooth muscular stomach until he reached his hard throbbing cock. Taking Michael into his mouth Ben moved up and down his lover's shaft lightly nipping as he moved.

Ben reached for the lube and condoms. Preparing Michael again, he placed a condom on his rock hard cock and slowly entered Michael. His husband groaned deep in his throat. Ben knew Michael was close. He penetrated his lover deep and hard setting a rhythm he knew would drive Michael out of his mind.

Michael came intensely and hard. He tightened around Ben's cock causing him to have a violent orgasm of his own. Ben collapsed on Michael and sighed, "Was that good for you, Baby?"

"Oh boy, was it. Hold me please Ben." Michael said breathlessly.

Ben released Michael's hands and scooped his husband up in his arms. They lay side by side with their legs intertwined. Happy and satisfied Michael looked up at Ben. Michael said with all the love he had, "Sweetheart, I am so lucky to have you and the kids in my life."

Ben looked lovingly at his husband and replied, "I know, Michael. I feel the same way. What did I do to ever deserve you?"

"Ben, I don't know, but I'm the grateful one. Kiss me again." Michael stated.

As they lay in bed resting with smiles on their faces, they fell asleep in each other's arms. There they stayed until they were completely recovered from their night and morning of passion. Just then they heard Bobby cry. They both walked over to see what was wrong with their son. Ben suggested, "I'll change him. Michael, you go and get his bottle and we'll feed him. Then we can take care of Angie."

Michael declared, "I'll be back in five minutes, Ben. It's so nice when we can take care of the twins together. We do make a great team, don't we? We're Dads."

Ben changed the subject, "Baby, this Christmas is going to be the best we've ever had. Having family and friends with us, the twins will have so much fun."

Michael reminded his husband, "Ben, we need to call your parents today. We got a little distracted last night."

"Okay, Michael, we'll call them after we feed the kids and have our own breakfast. Now go and get those bottles so we can get started." Ben kissed his lover before he left the room.

After feeding the twins and getting them settled in their playpen, Ben and Michael fed themselves. When they had finished their breakfast Ben went to the living room sofa and asked Michael to join him. "Michael, I'm ready to call Mom and Dad. Please stay with me." Ben pleaded.

Michael took his husband's hand, "I'm here Ben, now calm down. They aren't going to yell at you, Sweetheart, they love you."

Ben picked up the phone and dialed his Mom and Dad's number. He took a calming breath, and held Michael's hand, "Mom, I want to talk to you and Dad."

Sandra answered, "Sure son, let me get your Dad. Tom it is Ben."

Tom got on the phone, "Hello, Ben, what's up?"

Ben greeted his dad, "Hi, Dad, Michael and I want to give Angie and Bobby an old fashion Christmas this year, we would like for you to come and be with us. Debbie and Carl are coming and we want you here too. Can you two come?"

Sandra answered, "Well we usually spend Christmas with your sister and brother, but we can see the New Year in with them. They will understand."

Relieved Ben replied, "Thanks, Mom and Dad, I love you both. It will be a wonderful Christmas for all of us."

Sandra requested, "Tell Michael, we love him and give our grandchildren a big hug and kiss for us."

"I will Mom, I'll call you with more information later." Ben said as he hung up the receiver then turned to Michael and kissed him.

Next they called Emmett and Drew, Ted and Blake, Melanie and Lindsay, and Brian. They also made another call to New York and got hold of Justin. Everyone agreed it was a wonderful idea and they'd love to be included. Michael and Ben's old fashion Christmas was coming together. This made them both very happy.

They had one more call to make. Ben dialed the number then spoke, "Hunter, we want to talk to you. Do you have a minute?"

"Sure Ben, what's up? Are the twins okay?" Hunter asked.

Michael chimed in, "Yes they are fine. We want to talk to you about what we're doing for Christmas."

Hunter said in excitement, "Oh that's right, it is Angie and Bobby's first Christmas."

Michael smiled and added. "That's right and you are going to be a big part of it. Okay?"

Hunter replied, "No problem, Michael, I'm in, tell me how I can help."

Ben inquired, "First, could you come home right after your last class? We can use your help as soon as possible."

Hunter added, "I'll leave as soon as I can. I'll let you know when to pick me up. I should be through on December 8, that's my last class. Call you with more details later."

Michael sighed in relief as he turned to his husband, "Good, now I feel as if we have things in place. Hunter, see you on December 8."

Hunter added, "Bye Ben, bye Michael, see you then."

Michael declared, "Ben, we are ready. Now we just have to do each thing one at a time. With all three of us working on the details we should not have any trouble completing everything."

Ben replied as he looked lovingly at his husband. "Michael should we get the Christmas tree this weekend? Baby, we can all go together. We'll bundle Angie and Bobby up and go find the perfect tree."

Michael gave his husband a kiss on his cheek and added, "Ben, I want to talk to Mom about using some of her decorations. If we are going to have a big tree we don't have enough decorations."

"Alright Michael, but let's skip the naked elves this year. My mom and dad will be here." Ben said with a smile on his face.

"Sweetheart, I'll make sure we keep it clean. I promise. I want this to be perfect too." Michael gave his husband a reassuring hug and another kiss.

PART 7

Saturday came with a coating of new fallen snow and the world was beautiful and white. It was always quiet after it snowed. Ben started getting the twins ready to go and get their first Christmas tree.

Ben came up behind his husband and whispered, "Come on Baby, let's get Angie and Bobby wrapped up nice and warm. We're going to get the tree now."

"Sweetheart, are you sure we should, it is so cold outside. I don't want the kids getting sick." Michael said as he fussed over the twins.

Ben reassured his husband. "Now Michael, they'll be warmer than we will. Keep in mind we won't have them out long enough for them to get sick. Now stop worrying."

Michael smiled as he gazed into his husband's face, "Okay, Ben, let's go find the biggest and best Christmas tree in all of Pittsburgh."

Ben, Michael and the twins found the best Christmas tree they could find. After strapping it to the roof of the car, they headed home. When they returned Michael and Ben took Angie and Bobby into the house then put them into their playpen. Michael gave them each a bottle while Ben went and brought the Christmas tree into the house. Ben looked at his husband and asked, "Michael, is your mom coming tomorrow with the decorations?"

"She said she was. Maybe I should call her and see?" Michael replied as he smiled and kissed his lover on the cheek.

Ben took his husband into his arms and said, "No don't, Michael, we have plenty of time. The tree needs to settle anyway. Let's give her time to come over on her own."

Michael looked up into his lover's face and inquired, "Ben, do you think Angie and Bobby even realize what we are doing? They are so young, all they care about is getting fed, held, changed and loved right now."

Ben lovingly replied, "Probably not Michael but the pictures we took and plan on taking will fill them in when they're older. Baby, this Christmas is more for us than them. Next year they'll know what's going on."

Michael said wishfully, "I think Angie and Bobby are ready for their nap. Let's feed them then put them down. Ben will you come and help me?"

With a smile on his face Ben said, "Of course, Baby. Maybe I can get a hug and kiss in the kitchen while we are preparing their food."

"Ben, let's wait until we get Angie and Bobby to sleep. Then I'm all yours." Michael concluded.

After the kids were fed and settled in their cribs, Ben and Michael had time for themselves. As they sat on the sofa, Ben put his arms around Michael and pulled him close. Cuddling into his husband's embrace Michael reached for Ben's face and kissed him tenderly. With a twinkle in his eye Ben said, "Baby, if we're going to start something, shouldn't we go upstairs?"

Michael whispered quietly, "I just want to snuggle right now, Sweetheart. I want to be quiet and just hold each other if that is okay with you, please."

"Of course, Michael, are you upset about something?" Ben looked worried.

Michael replied, "No Sweetheart, I've never been happier. I keep thinking that just five months ago we brought our new family home. I feel we are complete as an entire family now. I am so satisfied being a dad again."

Ben held his husband close and added, "We are on the same wave length Baby. I feel the same way you do, I love being a dad too. It has taken work but it has been worth it. Don't you think?"

"Sweetheart, I totally agree. Now let's sit here and hold each other for a good long time. I just want to feel your arms around me." Michael suggested as he leaned back into his husbands warm embrace.

After a while Ben and Michael fell asleep in each other's arms. They slept until Angie and Bobby woke up two and a half hours later. They woke feeling refreshed and ready to go again.

PART 8

A few days after Hunter got home, Ben suggested they go and get their Christmas shopping done. Ben inquired, "Michael, why don't we call your mom to come and sit with Angie and Bobby. We need to do our Christmas shopping and we can accomplish it faster without the twins."

Michael replied, "Okay, Sweetheart, I'll call her and see if she has the time. She always loves spending time with the kids."

Ben turned to his son, "Hunter, can you come with us. It's going to take all three of us to get everything for the twins."

Hunter answered, "Sure Ben, let me know when."

Ben reminded them both, "Now remember, except for clothes, we are getting one of everything. We need to teach Angie and Bobby to share their things from the beginning."

Michael agreed, "You are right Ben, they need to learn to share with each other from the start. It will also teach them to share with other people."

Debbie came and sat with Angie and Bobby while the three men went to the Mall. Ben was in charge of getting the educational toys, Michael shopped for their clothes and Hunter got the stuffed animals – Care Bears and Cabbage Patch Kids. When they separated they made sure to shop for each other too. After they completed their tasks, they met to have dinner together. Ben said with a smile on his face, "This is going to be a great Christmas for all of us. Michael, I'm glad you wanted it this way."

Michael responded, "I agree Ben. Now, Sandra and Tom are coming December 22 and they'll stay until December 27. That will give them plenty of time to be with Angie and Bobby."

Ben added, "We need to finish decorating the house as soon as we can, I'm so glad Debbie can help us. She's been great about sitting with the kids and letting us borrow her Christmas decorations. Everything is coming together so easily. We are lucky to have the family and friends we've got."

Michael asked, "Now have we all accomplished our shopping? We need to get everything wrapped and put under the tree tonight."

Ben said with a smile on his face, "We also need to bring the twins to see Santa in a couple of days. Michael, we need to take a lot of pictures too."

As Christmas approached Michael and Ben became so excited as they prepared. They were almost as bad as two little boys waiting for Santa to arrive.

~~~~~~~

December 22 came soon enough. Ben's parents arrived early that morning. Michael was nervously waiting making sure everything was perfect. Ben took his husband in his arms and whispered, "Michael, please relax the house is perfect. They will love it."

"Ben, I just wish they'd get here. I don't want the twins getting dirty before they arrive." Michael replied as he paced up and down the living room.

"Michael, Angie, Bobby and Hunter are clean and ready, nothing is going wrong." Ben added as he gave his husband a loving squeeze.

Finally Sandra and Tom arrived to hugs and kisses from everyone. Ben greeted his parents, "Hi, Mom and Dad, welcome to our home. Did you have a nice drive?"

Sandra gave her son a big hug, "Hello, Ben. Yes the drive was great and uneventful." She turned to her son-in-law, "Hi, Michael come here and give me a hug."

Michael said as he gave Sandra another warm embrace, "It is great to see you again Sandra. I'm so glad you and Tom were able to come. It means so much to us all."

Tom chimed in, "Michael, where are Angie and Bobby? I'd like to see my grandchildren."

"They are in their cribs, Tom. Ben and I will go up and get them in a minute. First please come and sit down." Michael replied.

Ben and Michael went upstairs and brought the twins down then gave them to Grandma Sandra and Grandpa Tom. While Ben's parents played with the twins, Michael and Ben fixed lunch for everyone. After a nice meal and the kids lay down for their nap, as the adults gathered in the living room. With pride in his eyes Ben explained, "Mom, Angie and Bobby have started rolling over and they are about ready to start crawling. They are growing so fast."

Michael grinned and added, "Sandra, we want you to spend as much time with the twins as you want. We really want you to know the kids. They are your grandchildren and this is the perfect time."

Sandra said warmly, "Thank you, Michael, we will take advantage of our time here. When will we get to see your mom and Carl?"

Michael replied, "They will be here any minute. You are staying over at their house while you're here. I hope that's okay? They have the extra room."

Tom said gratefully, "That sounds great. We can get to know your mom better."

"Tom, I don't want you to be disappointed, please bare with her. You'll like Carl though. They are looking forward to having you stay with them." Michael added.

Ten minutes later Debbie and Carl arrived. After the introductions took place they all had a nice long visit. Ben and Michael started dinner for everyone at around 4:30 p.m.

Debbie came to her son and suggested, "Michael, why don't Ben and you let Sandra and me fix supper. You two go and relax with Tom and Carl."

"Thanks Mom, if you want to, the kitchen is all yours." Michael agreed as he gave his mother a kiss on the cheek.

Debbie got up, "Come on Sandra let's go. We'll whip up a nice meal for everyone."

"Okay, Debbie, let's go. I'm going to enjoy this." Sandra replied.

Ben and Michael sat down with Carl, Tom, Hunter and the twins and had a nice long visit. Michael got a bottle for each of the kids then gave them to their grandpas. Tom took Bobby and Carl got Angie then fed them. Finally Michael got into the kitchen and prepared Angie and Bobby's supper. Ben and Michael finished feeding the twins right when dinner was ready for the adults. They all sat down and enjoyed a nice meal together. Later Debbie and Carl escorted Sandra and Tom to their house and got them settled.

PART 9

On the morning of the Christmas party, Debbie and Sandra came over to help Ben and Michael finish with their preparations. Emmett came with Drew to set up for the food to be delivered later that afternoon.

Michael gave his ex-roommate a hug, "Thanks Emmett. Everything's going to be great. Do you think we're going to have enough food for everyone?"

Emmett replied, "Michael, don't worry I've prepared more than enough food. You'll have enough food left over for Christmas dinner tomorrow."

Ben gave his friends a hug and added, "That's perfect Emmett. How can we ever thank you. Oh, I know we'll pay you but you have gone beyond a mere catering job. Now when you're here tonight please have a good time."

Emmett responded, "We plan on it, Ben. Oh, by the way, we called Melanie. She is going to look into the adoption process for us. She'll know more after the New Year. Thanks for your help and encouragement. Who knows we may be father's of a beautiful child by the beginning of spring."

"That's wonderful. We'll help you anyway we can." Ben said with a smile on his face.

Emmett added, "Drew is getting excited about the process. This wonderful man and pro football player can hardly wait to be a father too. Michael and you have truly inspired us. I hope we are as lucky as you have been."

Ben said encouragingly, "Emmett you will be. To have a child to love is the most rewarding thing you can ever experience. They will change your life forever, and for the better.

Emmett explained, "Okay, Michael, Drew and I will be back around 4:30 or 5:00 p.m. with the food. This way it will still be hot and we can maintain it."

"Thanks again, Emmett and Drew for your help today." Michael said as he hugged them good-bye.

Debbie and Sandra kept the twins occupied so the guys could finish their preparations and relax for a while.

"Sweetheart, I need you. Would you come up to the bedroom please?" Michael pleaded with his husband.

Worried Ben looked at his husband and inquired, "Baby are you alright? Are you upset about something?"

"No Sweetheart, I want you to hold me for a while, I'm nervous." Michael explained as he pulled his husband into his arms.

Calmly Ben gave his lover a squeeze and whispered, "Michael, Baby, there is nothing to be nervous about. Everything is going to be fine. The food will get here in time and will be delicious as always. The house is clean and decorated beautifully. The twins are in a good humor so what has you upset?"

Michael added with a pleading look in his eyes, "I know Sweetheart, but I'm still nervous. You know me I over think everything and worry for no good reason."

"Okay, Michael, you don't have to ask me twice." Ben added with a smile on his face. Ben took Michael by the hand, as they walked upstairs. Debbie smiled at Sandra as they watched the boys leave the room.

As they approached their bedroom Ben scooped Michael into his arms and carried him into their room. He gently put his husband on the bed and planted a warm passionate kiss on his lips. Michael put his arms around Ben's neck and pulled him close. They loved being so close together. Ben felt his husband relax as he held him close to his body and they cuddled for the longest time.

Looking up into his husband's loving face, Michael asked, "Ben, what would I do without you? You always keep me anchored when I'm about to fall apart."

"What do you mean Michael? I will never leave you, so you will never have to know. I'll always be here for you." Ben said with a confused look on his face.

Michael smiled warmly and confessed, "Ben, you and the children, Angie, Bobby, Hunter and Jenny Rebecca are my life. I can't even imagine not having all of you with me."

Ben pulled his husband into his warm embrace, "Michael, you'll never be without us. We are going nowhere. Now come here I want to show you what you mean to me."

Ben and Michael made passionate love that afternoon, followed by a warm and inviting shower. Two hours before the guests were to arrive they got the twins ready and gave Debbie and Sandra a chance to go and change. With everything and everyone in place the Novotny-Bruckner household was ready to have a party.

Debbie, Carl, Sandra and Tom were the first to arrive. Debbie and Sandra immediately took the twins and kept them occupied. Melanie, Lindsay, Gus and Jenny Rebecca arrived next ringing the doorbell. Jenny Rebecca ran to Michael and gave her daddy a big hug. She said, "Hi, Daddy, Merry Christmas. Where is Uncle Ben?"

With a loving smile on his face Michael explained, "Sweetheart, your Uncle Ben is standing right behind you. Why don't you turn around and see?"

Jenny Rebecca swung around and found herself swept up in Ben's loving arms. Ben gave her a big hug, "Merry Christmas Jenny Rebecca. Are you ready for Santa to come tonight?"

Jenny Rebecca told him with a smile, "Uncle Ben, we have our cookies ready and plenty of milk. Mama and Mommy are ready too. I love Christmas. Where are little Angie and Bobby? I want to go and play with them."

Ben said as he gave her a loving hug, "They are over with Grandmas Debbie and Sandra. Why don't you go over and join them. I love you Jenny Rebecca. Your daddy and I are so lucky to have you as part of our family." Ben gave Jenny Rebecca a big kiss and sent her off.

Ted, Blake, Brian and Justin arrived in plenty of time to share in on the fun. With the food ready, everyone served their plates and enjoyed their friends. After they all had finished eating, Ben called everyone into the living room. Ben cleared his throat, "May I have your attention? Michael, Hunter, Angie, Bobby and I want to thank you all for coming. It means the world to us having our family and friends here to celebrate our first family Christmas together."

Michael chimed in, "Ben is right. Tonight we are all a family. We love you all very much. Now I want to give a couple of presents tonight."

Ben took the lead, "Michael and I have something for Hunter." Turning to Hunter Ben continued, "Son after the adoption became official there was one thing we didn't do. So for part of your present, well here open this."

Hunter opened the box and read the papers, with tears in his eyes he turned to Ben and Michael hugging them tightly. "Ben, thank you." Turning to the entire group Hunter said, "They legally changed my name to James Hunter Novotny-Bruckner. I have wanted this very much." Hunter added, "Now part of my present to you two is to be called Dad and Papa. Ben, you are my Dad and Michael, you are my Papa. Now the twins will know what to call you." With smiles on their faces and tears in their eyes, Ben and Michael each grabbed Hunter in a huge hug.

Michael spoke up, "Ben, I have a gift for my husband. Here please open this." Ben opened the box. Inside was a pocket watch. He removed it and saw the inscription then read it out loud. "With love to a wonderful Dad and husband. Know I will always love you with all my heart. Michael." With more tears rolling down his cheeks Ben opened the case to reveal a picture of Angie, Bobby and Ben when they were still at the hospital.

Ben said with a lump in his throat, "Baby, you couldn't have given me anything I love more. I love you so much. Now it is your turn. I know how concerned you are about the final adoption papers for the twins. Well here."

Michael opened the package and caught his breath then began crying. He looked lovingly into Ben's eyes he couldn't speak. Finally Michael asked, "Ben, how did you get this done?"

Ben held his husband in his arms and smiled, "I enlisted Melanie's help. I wanted everything finalized for Christmas. Angie and Bobby are legally our children now. No one can ever take them away from us."

Michael held up the framed document and said with tears rolling down his face, "Angela Louise and Robert Douglas Novotny-Bruckner are legally our children forever." Ben held Michael in his arms as they wept together.

A cheer went up from their family and friends. The love Ben and Michael felt that night was so warm and complete.

Hunter got their attention, "Dad and Papa, I have one more gift for you. It's a family picture of us all when we were at the hospital. I hope we can hang it in the living room for everyone to see."

Ben said with tears in his eyes, "Hunter, we'll hang it tomorrow. When did you have time to get this picture framed and wrapped?"

Hunter said with a smirk on his face, "Grandma Debbie and Carl gave me the help I needed. I told them to hide the picture at their house and they brought it here tonight while you were busy with the twins."

Everyone stayed longer but left by 11:00 pm. Ben and Michael with the help of Carl, Tom, Debbie and Sandra got the twins to bed and set up the Santa gifts.

After they were finally alone, Ben and Michael sat on the sofa and just stared at the lights on the tree. Michael whispered, "Sweetheart, this has been a perfect night. I love you." Michael kissed Ben on the neck and put his head on his husband's shoulder.

Ben kissed his husband and replied, "I love you, Michael, and yes tonight was perfect. Now we'll have Santa gifts for Angie and Bobby tomorrow morning, then we'll have a good Christmas dinner. We got our old fashion Christmas."

Michael suggested with a twinkle in his eye, "Let's go to bed Ben. I want to just hold you all night but first let's go and check on Angie and Bobby."

Ben said with a smile on his face, "Let's go, Baby."

After checking on the kids. Ben and Michael climbed into bed. They curled up in each other's arms and fell asleep with smiles on their faces. They realized how truly lucky they were to have their complete family under their roof. The love they felt that Christmas Eve had no boundaries.

End of Our Two Dads
Next: The Twins Go To School
Saturday, April 25, 2009 8:43:07 PM
Contact author at madelyn1116@verizon.net

More by PA-Mado

back to fiction index page