Useful sites for the Fanfiction Writer


If you know of a helpful writing site that isn't up her please tell me about it.








Building Fictional Characters   —   A site for help in building fictional characters and with links to other sites and more.

Dictionary Search   —   The only English to Gaelic online dictionary I could find.  It's geared more towards Gaelic to English, but oh well.

YouDictionary.com   —   Not only a English Dictionary and Thesaurus, but links to dictionaries in nearly every language.  From Latin to Sanskrit, Etruscan to Demonh'ka!





Supernatural Information Sites




Beliefnet   —   "The source for Spirituality, Religion, and Morality." Find out more about nearly every religion.  From Catholicism to Shintoism.

  —   This site includes articles on the Church's new Exorcism Rights and how to tell when some one is Possessed or Mentally Ill.

Encyclopedia Mythica   —   An encyclopedia on mythology, folklore, and legend. If the culture has a mythology, it can be found here.

Folklore and Mythology Electronic Texts   —   Here you can find the actual stories, all translated in to modern English for easy reading.

Net Vampyric   —   A guide to all things Vampiric on the net.  Information, links, myths, history, and much more.

Pagan Educational Network   —   Find a bit out about real modern witches and witchcraft.  This site gives brief histories, social issues, and links to many other Pagan sites.

Demonology - A Comprehensive Guide   —   Want to know about demons?  This is the place to go.

Vampires:  Facts & Myth   —   "This section includes passages from the coveted 'Book of Demons and Other Prenatural Beings'."





Slash and Sex Writing Sites




Citizens Against Bad Slash   —   A comprehensive guide to the dos and don'ts of slash writing.  Includes tips, ideas, reviews, a fanfic checklist, and more.

Minotaur's Sex Tips for Slash Writers   —   As basic and as detailed as it gets.  This site explains everything.  And if it's not up on the site, the site daddy is free to answer questions.

MQA   —   This is a companion site to Minotaur's Sex Tips for Slash Writers.  "If you've already been through that site and still have questions, then you've come to the right place."

Very Koi   —   "Koi's home of sex tutorials, sexual positions, erotic fiction, humor and reviewed links."  There's more stuff about sex on this page than you might want to know. {g}





Other Useful Information Sites




Museum Replicas Limited   —   Have questions about Angel's weaponry? This is an online shopping site for medieval weapons.  Find out the proper names and care tips.

Official Links for Los Angeles City and Los Angeles County   —   Just what it says.  What ever you need to know about LA, you'll find it here.

Perseus Digital Library   —   THE best guide to ancient cultures on the net. Where were they, when were they, what did they leave behind, what's their URL?