[HOME]  [ EZINE] [GUIDELINES]
[LINKS FOR INSPIRATION] [FAQ][CONTACT US]


Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why do the contest submissions have to be stories that have never been posted anywhere?

A: One of the key elements in the contest is the anonymity of the author; this assures that each story will be judged on its own merit. If a story has appeared on a list or archive, the anonymity has been lost.

Q: I've posted the first few chapters of my work in progress to my personal web page and nowhere else, can I still submit it?

A: If the story is still in progress, and only a little of it has been posted to the author's personal page, it can still be submitted. However, all parts of the story must be removed from the author's site immediately and for the duration of the contest.

Please use your best judgement--if you know that your story has been posted almost in its entirety, or is very public, then anonymity has probably been lost, and the story shouldn't be submitted.

Q: Can I submit my crossover story?

A: Crossovers are acceptable *if and only if* the story has J/B as the main slash pairing, and their case is the focus of the plot. Don't have J/B making a "guest appearance".

i.e. If Jim and Blair are called upon to solve a crime in Sunnydale and the plot follows them into the Buffy universe--okay. However, if Angel shows up in Cascade and the whole story is told from his point of view--no. The final decision on whether a story is focused primarily on Jim/Blair is *at the discretion of the contest committee*.

Q: What kind of story is acceptable for the contest?

A: Just about any kind of story is welcomed, as long as you follow the guidelines, and write a story with J/B as the main slash pairing, with a plot that focuses on their work on a case.

Other than that, let your imagination run wild! AU, kink, shmoop, angst, crossover--if you can fit it into the contest rules, you can submit it!


Thank you for your interest in the Thin Blue Line Contest! If you still have questions, please email us at tbl_contact@yahoo.com at any time.
 

[HOME]