True Slash

Part 8 - Joxer the Bard of Slash

by Werewindle

 

Xena was slowly going nuts. Joxer was pacing along the side of the room, hands buried in his hair. Gabby was sitting across from her ranting about the unfairness of it all. She couldn't believe Dite got Ares to do this. Gabby was sure that Ares would pick Joxer just to spite her, even though she obviously had the better talent. This had been going on for over half an hour.

How long could it take to read two little scrolls and pick a winner? Surely they couldn't take much longer. If it did she might have to resort t-

*boink*

"Xena you're not paying attention to me!"

Gabby just threw a piece of fruit at me. That's it I give up! They can drive each other nuts I'm going to take a nap.

"Xena, Xena! Where are you going? Come back here! Hey!"


"For the title of ‘Best Bard of Slash' our winner is …"

"Oh for the love of. Just get on with it Dite!"

"Hold you horses Ar', man no flare for the dramatic. Alright, the winner is Joxer the Mighty! Yay Joxie! Hugs stud-muffin! Now Gabby, here are your scrolls, Ares and I made comments so you can see where you went wrong."

"WHAT! I lost to that, that… Joxer! I can't lose, I am a bard for Zeus sake! Gimme those, Xena! Xena!"

"I won. Wow, I've never won anything before." Joxer breathed. "So what did you think of it Lord Ares?" Joxer peeked through his lashes at Ares before glancing back down at where he was scuffing the toe of his boot along the floor.

"I think it had a lot of potential, in fact why don't you come with me to my temple and we can discuss it in further detail, hmmm?" Ares held out his hand in invitation.

"I would like that." Joxer's smile was blinding as he took the proffered hand. He tucked his body along Ares so he could flash them away. "Bye Dite, and thanks!"

"Bye Joxie, Have fun guys!" *giggle* I'm starting to get a buzz off those two already. Where's my Hephie, I‘m going to have a little excess energy to work off. *flash*


Joxer won. I can't believe this! Xena won't let me into our room and everyone else is gone. *grrrrr* Might as well see what they wrote. Lets see, Dite's first.

‘Reads like a het scene.' What, there were two men. How can it read like a het scene if there were two /men/.

‘Never happen in real life.' How would she know anyway? I'll bet that happens all the time.

‘Need to do some research.' Research?! No way. It was bad enough having to write it there is no way I'm going to watch it! Gross! Well that was useless. What did Ares write?

‘Overly effeminate/overly masculine characterization' This from Mr. Macho himself? *snort*

‘Unrealistic, no preparation. Unless your partner is a masochist you need lube at the very least.' Lube? Preparation? Is that a diagram!? Oh Hades, I think I'm scarred for life. *whimper*


:Back: | :Next:

.:Back to the Den:.

 

To receive email for new and updated fiction:
Click here to join twin_swords
Click to join twin_swords