True Slash

Part 9 - Joxer the Bard of Sated

by Werewindle

 

Joxer laid sprawled over his lover, his head tucked under Ares chin. The sheet draped haphazardly over their hips against the chill. Ares was running his fingers lightly up and down Joxer's bare back causing the man to shiver. They had had a very thorough discussion that afternoon and were sated but exhausted.

"You know I think you should consider being a bard. I really enjoyed your story and I know Dite was impressed too and she sees a lot of ‘erotic' literature." Joxer blushed at the praise. They laid there in comfortable silence watching the sun set over Olympus through the wide open windows at the foot of the bed.

"It's really nice here, well what I've seen of it anyway." Joxer teased. "Not quite what I expected."

"And you expected what? Black everything, heads on pikes? Silly mortal, that's the guest rooms." Ares laughed when Joxer poked him in the stomach. "You haven't answered my question yet."

Joxer leaned up on one arm so he could see Ares face, "Well lets see, tromp around the countryside, sleeping on the ground, eating Gabby's cooking, or stay on Olympus with you. Silly God, of course I'm staying. I will have to say good bye to Xena and Gabby, let them know I won't be traveling with them. Maybe after Gabby cools down a bit though. It's not like I'll never get to visit them right?"

Joxer looked down at where his fingers were drawing patterns on Ares chest. "You're sure your family isn't going to mind my being here? I wouldn't want anyone to get mad." Joxer mumbled refusing to look up.

"No one can say anything about who I have in my own temple Joxer. I am the God of War, Heir to the thrown of Olympus."

"Well when you put it that way." Joxer smiled at Ares and lowered his head for a kiss.


-END-


:Back:

.:Back to the Den:.

 

To receive email for new and updated fiction:
Click here to join twin_swords
Click to join twin_swords