by NovaD
 
 
 
Chapter Seven:
Lounge  Lizards
 
 

"Why are you in my face? That was the first question which brought me up short," Blair said. His face stilled for a moment. He was absorbed by the memory. "I didn't know why I was acting that way. There were saner ways of taking on a crazed cop. Naomi, my mom, raised me with a healthy wariness of the men in blue and this one looked a little crazy.

"But I couldn't help myself. I don't know why I just had to be in his space. Even when he had me pinned against the wall, I wasn't afraid of him. I was afraid of me. I felt like I'd been hit by lightening," Blair said.

"You were doomed," Genevieve smiled.

Blair sighed. "Totally. I hardly knew what I was saying. I just kept talking. Gradually, his eyes calmed ever so slightly. He had begun to listen. By the time he caught the Switchman, Jim had the warm, kind gaze that he looks at me with every day. He called me his partner that day.

"I didn't understand what that meant until I saw the dynamic in the Bull Pen. It is a really closed society in there. If you aren't a cop or related to a cop or work for the cops, they don't trust you. They sure don't want to let you inside the group. Jim is a big fish with them. As he went, they would go. He trusted me and showed it to them. He hadn't had a partner before me in a long time," Blair said. He was gushing and knew it. "God, I'm pathetic."

"You are adorable," the Mistress said. "I've never seen any thing like you two. The connection is incredible. Do they see it at work?"

"They aren't looking for it," Blair said with a shrug. "We've never changed in public. Simon knows, but he was looking a little more closely. Most guys in a work situation really don't know the deep, intimate feelings of the other guys."

Genevieve nodded. "Men see very little most of the time."

"That helps us out a lot. Cops aren't exactly enlightened when it comes to alternative lifestyles. At least not in the US," Blair said. "Jim loves his job and I love Jim. I want him happy."

"But your connection to one another is beyond anything I've seen. It is a metaphysical thing," the Mistress said. "You complete a circuit when you are together. There is something off when you are apart."

"I'm certain that it has something to do with the Sentinel/Guide relationship though I can't find anything written about it. I reacted so strongly to him that I believe our relationship was inevitable, our roles required it.

"However, I also believe that though the Sentinel thing drew us together physically and adds a powerful dimension to our relationship, I think we grew to care about each other on our own," Blair said. "No one was more surprised than I was."

"Are you sure it wasn't the abilities that caused that as well?" Genevieve asked.

Blair shook his head. "Tribal life was too hard to worry about Sentinel and Guide having common interests. They just did the job.

"But Jim and I enjoyed each other's company from the start. We were watching games and camping... sometimes just hanging out reading the paper," Blair said. "I missed him when we weren't together. Boy, I needed a clue."

"What finally brought you together?"

Blair smiled. "It wasn't a huge cataclysm like I would have thought two presumably straight men would need to declare their love for each other. It was gentle and very subtle.

"After Jim learned to identify the scent of arousal, it probably didn't take him long to notice that I wanted him even if I was still having trouble recognizing it. I'm not sure how long he knew about it before acting.

"One night we were watching a basketball game. I was wiped from a particularly grueling week. The game wasn't exactly a tight defensive contest. I fell asleep on the couch next to Jim," Blair said growing thoughtful for a moment.

Genevieve watched expectantly.

"I woke up on top of him snuggled in his arms. He was holding me stroking my back and petting my hair. It felt wonderful. I was very confused. After I got over the shock of not being pummeled senseless for invading Jim's personal space, I got extremely curious about what was on Jim's mind.

"I raised my head to meet his eyes and found wonder in his expression. And hunger. Then his hands were in my hair and he was tugging my head toward him. Then we were kissing. Whatever confusion or misgivings I had ended when his mouth covered mine," Blair said.

"Jim's kisses are devastating. So you came together physically, and it is extraordinary," Genevieve said. "You have a strong friendship out of the bedroom... So what troubles you?"

"His silence," Blair replied. "I love Jim's strength. But he still tries to hold everything in to protect me... protect everyone. He doesn't trust me."

"He's afraid of you seeing him differently than he believes you do."

"Like a knight in shining armor? I see Jim as he is. That's why I love him." Blair quipped.

"I know, pet," Genevieve said. "Jim has a lot of confidence about many aspects of his life, but he has failed at love and blames himself. He doesn't think he's worthy of such a bright light."

Blair rolled his eyes. "What am I to do with him?"

"I think I can help you," Genevieve said.

Blair looked intrigued. Neither noticed the eyes upon them.

Jim hadn't meant to spy. He got free from work early and wanted to take Blair out for a late lunch/early dinner. He heard their laughter on the quad before he reached Blair's building. It startled him to see the Mistress on a bench with his Guide laughing in the sunshine. The breeze gently disturbed their untamed hair tousling it in a restless caress.

So gorgeous together, he thought with a sigh -- how did he deserve knowing them? They had made him a sex object. Used him for their pleasure. It still made him shake physically thinking about it. He couldn't believe that they wanted him that intensely.

Jim wondered what they were saying. He took himself through guilt at the thought of listening through to a strange sort of justification for eavesdropping based on protecting them from their proclivity for finding trouble. With a slight acknowledgment to his howling conscience that he was being a jerk, Jim let his hearing follow his sight.

"He's so beautiful. I can't believe that he's mine. Waking up with him is an incredible experience every morning. I keep waiting for him to come to his senses," Blair said.

"You bring him a lot of joy, Pet," Genevieve said.

Blair smiled at her. Jim suddenly felt ashamed, but he kept listening.

"Just follow my advice and things will work out fine," she said.

That caught Jim's attention. What advice?

"I'll walk you to your car," Blair said.

Jim began to move planning on intercepting his partner just as Genevieve drove off. Why was he asking for advice and what sort of advice did he want from her? He shoved the thought aside as he spied the Mistress' limo pulling away. Blair turned and ran right into him.

The Sentinel used the brief moment in righting his friend to touch his back and squeeze his waist.

"Hi, babe," Jim whispered. "How about an early dinner?"

Blair grinned at him. "Sure! You just missed Genevieve."

"I saw the limo. Was she in your class?"

"She was at the library," Blair said. He resisted the strong temptation to hug Jim close and crawl down his throat. "I could eat. What are you doing here?"

Jim steered him toward the parking lot. "Got done in court early and no paperwork," he replied with a shrug. "I missed you."

Blair slid over in the cab to kiss him gently when he climbed inside. "Missed you, too. Want to go home?"

"Not yet. Let me take you out for something nice," Jim said.

The Guide smiled and nodded. "That sounds good," he said. He kissed Jim again then settled into his seat and buckled up.

He stole a glance at Jim who was unusually quiet as he headed for downtown.

"Everything okay, man?" Blair asked.

"It's good, Chief."

"Don't you want to know what Genevieve and I talked about?"

"Only if she allows it."

Blair was taken aback once more over the control the Mistress had over that relationship.

"She didn't tell me not to discuss it," he replied.

Jim nodded.

"She's been out of town checking on her other clubs. We sorta ran into each other outside the library. Genevieve wanted to catch up with what we were doing. She had heard about the Indians and wanted details," Blair said with a smile. "She was not at all surprised at any of it. She said 'I know international gun smugglers who lead less interesting lives than yours.'"

Jim smiled a small smile at how Blair imitated Genevieve's accent.

"Then we started talking about you and me... you know, how we met... when we fell in love. It was so nice to tell someone about it, how wonderful it is for us. And you know how intently she listens," Blair said.

Jim nodded. It was the thing he enjoyed most about his Mistress, her attention, her non-judgmental ear. Jim relaxed by scores. But the question remained -- what was the advice for and exactly what did she tell him to do?

The Sentinel let it drop from his mind for the moment. He didn't want to spoil his time with Blair.

Jim took Blair to a surprisingly shady looking place with the interesting moniker, The Leopard Lounge. He raised a brow at his partner.

"The food is amazing," Jim replied. "I think their cook lost a bet or something to get stuck in there."

Blair remained dubious, but followed Jim inside anyway. Immediately, he understood the choice of name, almost every square inch of the place was covered with leopards spots. Some of the patterns were the same color God made leopards. More often, they were some day glow shade.

Jim found a booth in the corner. Blair slid into the seat across from him.

"We don't have anything on my schedule for the rest of the day," Jim said. "Are you free?"

"I'm never free," Blair smiled. "It'll cost you dinner."

"Cute."

"You know I am," Blair said.

Jim rolled his eyes. Then he nearly jumped out of his seat. Blair followed Jim's eyes to the waitress beside the table. He had to stifle a scream. She looked like an old wrestler wearing a matted red wig.

"What'll you have?" The voice was gravel. Blair figured she was at least a 3 pack a day gal.

"We'll take the Blue Plate Specials," Jim said.

"You want da soup wit dat? It's lentil."

"Sure... Blair?"

"I'll have what you're having."

"That's sweet," she said with a smile that would make a dentist sing. "Drinks?"

"Beers."

"I'll be back."

Jim watched her go. "And she looks that way in dim light..."

"Oh, man..." Blair shivered. He almost screamed again when she slammed the beers on the table. "Cheers, babe."

"I miss you when we have weeks like this," Blair said.

"Same here,"

Blair sipped his beer but never took his eyes off Jim. It seemed to the Sentinel that he was trying to formulate a question. Was this about the advice the Mistress gave him?

"I told Genevieve how we came to be together. I know you figured out that I wanted you from the pheromones. But I never knew when you knew or how you reacted. You never gave an indication until the night you kissed me," Blair said. "I was so glad that I never thought about the how or why."

"Why now?" Jim asked.

Blair smiled. "I want to hear how you fell for me."

"Fishing for compliments, Chief?"

"I'll take them anyway I can."

The soup was slammed in front of them. That gave Jim a moment to think.

"It was on the trip we took after my encounter with the Colonel. I'd noticed the scent before when we were together, but we weren't as isolated as we were on the trip. In Cascade, I was never sure if the attraction was not for someone else," Jim said with a wry smile. "Unless you had the hots for a bear, I was fairly sure it was me."

"Thanks for the vote of confidence, man."

"No sweat."

"How did you react to my reaction to you?"

Jim crossed his eyes. "I was shocked -- not just because of the Olympic level skirt chasing, but also because I'm not exactly Val Kilmer.

"Hey, stop dissin' my squeeze," Blair laughed.

"Anyway, I began to wonder why I wasn't upset. I mean, I should have wanted to shake you until you came to your senses -- so to speak," he said. "But I didn't. By the end of the trip, I realized that I felt differently about you than any male friend I'd ever had.

"I've had other roommates in the service and out. How they came and went was like, whatever... We'd eat together or hang together occasionally. I realized that I was planning my life around where you were at any given moment."

The soup bowls were snatched away and the dinner plates shoved in their place. The meal was a beautifully sliced, very lean pot roast, steamed broccoli and carrots and cauliflower and a brown rice pilaf -- the gravy was more like an aromatic sauce. Blair realized that it was a very healthy meal. And it was delicious. And he had thought the soup was impressive. A moan escaped him.

Jim smiled. "Told you." He enjoyed the play of pleasure on Blair's face as the Guide ate. That was why he kept after his lover. Seeing him in ecstacy was addictive.

"I found I liked looking at you," Jim said halfway through the meal.

Blair remained impassive despite the jump in heart rate. He knew that was a difficult admission. He waited patently for Jim to continue.

"I wasn't tortured by the realization... it sort of grew on me. It seemed natural, these feelings... made it intense being with you... an edgy pleasure.

"That night when you fell asleep against me, it was so easy to turn you over and gather you in my arms. You sighed when I held you. It was like you were responding to an instinct driving us together. Your body eased into mine and my body... needed yours..." Jim said softly.

Jim continued to eat. Blair followed suit. His face was flushed. The Guide waited. He was so close to the answers he craved.

"When you looked up at me, I had to kiss you," Jim said quietly. "I needed to taste you... I had to... claim your mouth, I had to have you."

Blair swallowed the last of his meal. He looked at Jim levelly and smiled. He felt a sheen of tears in his eyes. "Thank you, babe. I love you."

Jim smiled. That wasn't so hard and it made Blair very happy. "I love you, too."

There was some movement at the bandstand. The audience began to murmur inresponse. There was excitement in the air.

"Entertainment, too. You really want me to be good to you," Blair laughed.

"Whatever it takes," Jim replied. He didn't have the heart to tell him that he had no idea there was entertainment.

The band fired up to James Brown's 'I Feel Good.' As soon as they saw the velvet tuxedo jackets and the silver hair, both men got excited.

"Velvet Dan and the Mothlights?" They exclaimed. Then in again in unison, "You know Velvet Dan and the Mothlights?"

"I saw them in Vegas a few times," Jim said. "Where do you know them from?"

"They got big on the club circuit after the movie 'Swingers.' I saw them at Club Doom," Blair said.

Both men got into the music enjoying the atmosphere and the company. The waitress took the plates returning with pie and coffee. Jim conceded that she was the best waitress he'd ever had. He still didn't want to see her in daylight.

The crowd had grown considerably since the men started eating. They were mostly young and well heeled. Must be the walk on the wild side and Swingers thing, Jim figured. Velvet Dan started the next tune 'Turn The Beat Around.'

Jim frowned. Blair was frowning as well.

"Something's wrong," Jim said.

"Yeah... I don't remember Velvet Dan being this... this..."

"Good," Jim said. He noticed that some of the roadies were at the door.

By the end of the song, Jim was on edge. He was about to call for a patrol car when Velvet Dan began to speak.

"And now for something a little different," he said in a velvet baritone. "Empty your wallets and purses then put your hands in the air."

There was nervous laughter in response. Suddenly, the whole band was armed with some very nasty automatics.

"One false move and you folks will never swing again." Velvet Dan intoned. "Now, lets have the cash and the jewelry on the tables."

Blair looked at Jim who began to empty his pockets. Blair sighed and followed suit. Thankfully, everyone cooperated. Two roadies put the cash in trash bags with practiced ease. No one frisked Jim.

"Now we're going to have to end this set," the singer said. "No one comes out of the door for five minutes or it'll be a real downer for you. Keep it cool, cats n' kittens."

"You got robbed by a lounge act?" Simon rumbled.

Both men glared at the Captain.

"It wasn't the real Velvet Dan," Jim said with annoyance. "He's in Lake Tahoe. Has been for weeks."

"I should have known when they didn't open with 'Chain Gang,'" Blair said. When Simon looked up at him, he shrugged. "It a signature tune."

"Why would a group of armed robbers disguise themselves a lounge act?" Simon asked.

"The customers are young with a lot of disposable income," Jim said. "But the crowd isn't full of the tough guys that you'd find in a hard rock show. The venues are small and easily contained."

"Why don't we just move the Joker and the Riddler here and be done with it." Simon groaned. "You think this is a one time deal?"

"Hopefully. They can't continue to be Velvet Dan and the Mothlights in Cascade," Jim said. "How many bands are on the circuit now?"

"The Swingers scene? Maybe a couple dozen between the major ones and the second string," Blair said.

"Do you think these lounge owners would cancel the club dates until they're sure this group has left town?" Simon asked.

"Not likely. They've got advertising sunk into those dates." Blair said. "I think most would risk it, because this group can hit one of the clubs on any given night."

Jim sighed. "We'll have to check out who's playing in the area then find out if the bands aren't somewhere else as well."

"Lotsa leg work," Blair sighed.

"We could also set a trap," Simon said. "There is a club where the picking are so good.... if they are in town, they won't be able to resist."

Jim was confused for a moment. Then, the light dawned.... "Oh no, Simon. We can't ask her."

Blair was flabbergasted. "Her place has been trashed already. This would close her down."

"We can make sure the place is filled with ringers. The bouncer will turn away the regular customers," Simon replied. "They haven't hurt anyone yet, but they're bound to find someone who'll play hero."

Jim glowered at his Captain.

"You know she'll do it for you. After all, you two are her favorite pets," Simon smiled. "How long can she be angry with you?"

"It's not us she'll be angry at," Jim said. He got up to leave.

"What does that mean?"

Blair headed for the door. "The Mistress doesn't like you. Not a good thing."

"Leopard Lounge?" Genevieve asked. It was the first time she said anything during Jim and Blair's sometimes babbling pitch. "Velvet Dan?"

Jim kept talking outlining Simon's plan and how it wouldn't affect her business and the city would compensate for the night's closing. The Mistress looked at them quietly with a brow raised.

"Your Captain wants me to leave town, doesn't he?"

"No... no. In fact, he feels that your club is irresistible because of the clientele. He thinks you could stop this group from hurting someone," Jim said.

Genevieve glared at him. "What about breakage?"

"Hopefully, there won't be any. But it will be covered," Jim replied.

She considered them for a moment. "I have another condition that your captain will not like. And there will be no vinyl animal prints!"

"He may surprise you."

"Really?" The Mistress made her demand. Blair almost dropped his soft drink.

Jim called the precinct and tried to tell Simon the exact nature of Genevieve's demand. But the Captain barked for him to make the deal. The force could deal with the terms if it saved a life. The Sentinel tried again to clarify but was again told to make the deal. Jim shrugged and made the deal.

"He's agreed." Jim said. "Let's set it up."

"Not so fast. There are other terms. You and the Beautiful one must come with me for a week," she said. "Away from this insane city."

"I don't suppose you mean camping?" Blair asked.

"As in tents and sleeping bags and no room service?" Genevieve asked drily.

"Never mind," Blair said. "Jim?"

"Want a vacation, Chief?"

Genevieve had her business manager put out some calls to booking agents. The word was out that she wanted to start having "Lounge Lizard" night at Club Retro on Sundays. By the time she looked at the third folder, Jim could tell that she was at her wits end.

"Jim Bones and the Boss Tones," she said crisply then sighed.

"Wow, Jim Bones and the Boss Tones!" Blair exclaimed.

"I think we have a winner," Jim said. "They are reported to be in Atlantic City for the next six weeks."

"Lovely, the zebra print jackets will contrast beautifully with my carefully chosen color scheme. Oh, book them for Sunday. Darlings, if I don't get to beat something I will lose my mind." Genevieve looked at them levelly. "Come on, pets. You must have done something to transgress."

Blair's expression was innocent. Jim lowered his eyes and blushed deeply.

"Well, Jim. Tell the Mistress what you've done."

"When you were on the Quad with Blair... I listened to your conversation," Jim began. "But it was just for an instant. I heard you laughing and the sound was so wonderful... I had to hear it."

"Did you hear what we were saying?" Blair asked. There was concern in his voice.

"Not enough to make any sense," Jim replied. He wouldn't raise his eyes.

The Mistress considered him for a moment. "You will be punished, though not for listening in. You will be punished because I strongly suspect that you would not have volunteered the transgression without being asked."

The blush deepened. "That's true, Mistress."

"Gentlemen, let's adjourn to my room," she purred.

Blair started to say something in Jim's defense, but fell silent under her burning gaze. Once the doors were closed and locked behind them, the Sentinel began to strip. Blair did the same. They were naked in very little time. Genevieve had only to remove her dress to be in her Outfit of black corset, garter, stockings and spiked heels. She considered them for a moment as they kneeled with their heads bowed.

"Jim get on the bed against the right post," she said.

"Yes, Mistress," he replied though he was puzzled.

"You want to hear beautiful Blair, then you shall hear him," she said as she shackled him to the post with his arms behind his back. She then slid a leather blindfold over his eyes and buckled it in place. "I'm going to do all sorts of delightful things to luscious Blair and you will tell me what I am doing."

"Yes, Mistress." Jim said with a gasp.

"Now, Blair you will not move unless I move you," Genevieve said. She splayed him on his back.

"Yes, Mistress." Blair murmured. His eyes were wide.

The Mistress considered the Guide with a puzzled expression. "Where to begin..." she ran her long fingers through his curls then smoothed them against the mattress. Blair closed his eyes.

"You're stroking his hair," Jim said quietly.

"I'll bet you're familiar with ever follicle, aren't you?"

"Yes, Mistress. He lets me wash it..."

She nuzzled the soft mass then gently tugged at his left ear with her teeth. Blair in hailed sharply then moaned.

"You've got his ear," Jim murmured. He was already hard enough to burst and she'd barely begun.

It grew quiet again. Jim turned the dial up on his hearing. Her tongue was scraping the rough surface. He groaned.

"You're licking his jaw..."

Genevieve murmured her reply. The next thing he heard was a muffled moan from his lover. The regular breathing had changed to occasional gasps. There was the sound of slickness between two surfaces.

"You're kissing him...oh god..." he heard her sucking his lower lip. Blair was panting between kisses.

"So responsive..." she moaned. "Hmm... Addictive."

Jim heard Blair's protest when the kiss ended. He gasped again. Jim focused. Her tongue was not on smooth skin, but the resistance was softer. She was sucking. Blair was moving against her.

"His nipples... you're licking... and sucking his nipples..." Jim believed he would die of frustration. Blair's arousal and Genevieve's was maddening. He heard her stilling the Guide then petting his hair, his rib cage. The long fingers brushed at his chest hair. Then there was a different sound from a different movement.

"You're flicking his nipples and... and pinching them... oh god..."

Then there was a different kind of sound. Her palms were moving along his penis.

"He's so very hard, Jim. His beautiful cock is weeping for you..." she whispered.

"Mistress... please..."

"Soon... one more thing I need to do..."

Blair moaned loudly. Jim felt him arch off the bed. The surface was smooth. She was breathing through her nose and sucking intensely. Jim knew Blair's head was lolling from side to side.

"You've... you've got his cock... in your mouth," Jim nearly sobbed. He wasoverwhelmed with the taste and the texture and the scent of his lover. "Please... please..."

Jim was losing his mind. He had to get to Blair. Suddenly, he sensed that the Mistress was very close. Then he was free. The Sentinel didn't even remove his blindfold. The Mistress had moved away, so he crawled directly to Blair gathering the boneless man into his arms for a kiss. Both men groaned at the taste of one another. Blair found control over his limbs wrapping his arms around Jim and imprisoning his legs.

Blair aligned their cocks without breaking the kiss. Then he started thrusting against his lover. Jim began to move in time. It was not long before they were moaning and panting against each others mouths. Suddenly, Blair went rigid. He tore his lips from Jim's and cried out. The Sentinel buried his head against Blair's neck groaning loudly with release.

Blair pushed the blindfold off to stroke Jim's face.

The Mistress moaned approvingly as the men shared a gentle kiss. Jim looked up at her and felt his cock growing hard again. She looked both dazed and hungry. Blair gasped when he looked over to find out what had distracted Jim. Jim moved toward her across the huge bed. Blair rolled up to followed.

"Mistress... let me ... let us..." he whispered.

Her eyes grew dreamy. Her lips parted. There was no refusal. Jim leaned over the Mistress. He brushed his lips against hers. Genevieve opened her mouth to receive his tongue. He settled alongside her body; his hands imprisoned her head by the hair. Genevieve surrendered her lips to Jim's passionate yet tender kisses.

Blair took advantage of her vulnerability to go after her skin. He ravished her collar bone. Then went after her nipples. Jim loved the moans against his mouth. He deepened the kiss reveling her taste mingled with Blair's... reveling her response to his touch.

"Take her Blair..." Jim said as he tore from her lips for a moment to nuzzle her hair.

Blair's head moved lower as Jim reclaimed her mouth. She moaned as the Guide lathered and nipped at her nipples. She grabbed his hair to hold him on the spot for the moment. Then, she gently urged him lower. Blair went tasting her soft fragrant skin as he moved along. Lord she tasted good. The Mistress was very wet and just as delicious. She was throbbing with pleasure before he really began. When he sucked at her clit, she let out a muffled scream against Jim's mouth. The Sentinel held the Mistress as the waves rocked through her gorgeous body.

Genevieve was glowing from the activities, but she was still glowering at the proceedings in the night club.

"Everyone here is in law enforcement." Jim said quietly. "We have Cascade PD, sheriff's department, state troopers and even FBI. If nothing happens, it's a private party courtesy of Cascade's finest. If something goes down, we are more than covered."

"Your bouncers are turning away regular patrons. Your assistant has steered away any VIP's that were in town," Blair said. "I won't say nothing can go wrong, but I'm certain your cover won't be compromised."

"Thank you, pets... for everything," she said with a near predatory smile. "A week seems hardly enough time for all that I want to do to you."

Both men blushed. The embarrassment deepened when Simon walked up and saw the exchange.

"I don't even want to know what's going on here," Banks said. "Let's put a lid on it. The band is coming up from the loading dock."

Genevieve considered Simon levelly. "Good. The sooner this ends, the sooner I get my part of the bargain."

"What is your part of the bargain?" Banks asked.

"That can wait until later." Jim said quickly hustling Simon across the room. "Let's get ready. Chief, you stay with Genevieve."

Blair nodded.

"He hasn't told the Captain, has he?" Genevieve asked.

"No... I think he's going to wait as long as he possibly can," Blair laughed.

"This should make the whole ordeal worth it, then," Genevieve smiled.

"I took your advice," Blair said. "It worked really well."

"I thought it would. Few men are quite as verbal as you are pet. Men like Jim respond best to direct questions."

"He did. And it was an amazingly intimate conversation up until the robbery," Blair said wistfully.

"The sad thing is that you don't even see how odd your lives are," she sighed. "Speaking of odd..."

The band was setting up. Blair looked at the quartet which was sporting greasy duck tail haircuts and the signature zebra pattern jackets. He was glad no one needed him to testify. There was no way in Blair's mind that this group could have been Velvet Dan and the Mothlights. Jim seemed just as bemused.

"I hope those are the right guys," Blair said.

"I do too," Genevieve replied. "This is a one time only engagement."

The band started with 'Wild Thing.' The Mistress gaped at them. "Definitely one time only."

Blair bobbed his head along with the music through the first set. Genevieve just drank her wine.

"If they're the real thing, they'll do a very moving 'Strawberry Fields Forever' and finish with Prince's '1999.'"

"Oh dear lord," Genevieve replied. "Please, say no more. I don't want to know."

The set proceeded as expected. Blair noticed that the roadies were indeed moving toward the exits. Jim gave him the stay put glance.

"Well now, cats 'n kittens," Jim Bones intoned. "We're about to take a little break right now, but first we want all you hipsters to empty your purses and wallets and put the money and jewelry on the tables."

When the guns were pulled everyone else pulled theirs. The robbers were cuffed without incident. The DJ took over and the party continued.

Jim and Simon walked over to Genevieve's table. The Captain was obviously pleased with himself.

"Ms. Arnaud, as you see, I am a man of my word." Banks said.

"I certainly hope you are."

"Okay," the Captain said irritably. "Just what have I been roped into doing?"

Blair could no longer stop himself. He had to laugh. And laugh he did until he was on the floor and could no longer breath. It was the little ruffled hat that got him even more than the large french maid's uniform.

Blair couldn't figure out how it was attached to Simon's head. The withering glare the big Captain gave him didn't stop the giggles.

"Come on, Simon. It could be worse," Jim said. "Genevieve wanted you serving her naked at the Club."

Simon glowered at Jim. "Will there be anything else, madam?" He asked drily.

Genevieve had a wicked twinkle in her eyes. "No, pet. Go clean the dishes. The boys and I have a vacation to plan."


Home
Siren Saga 8: Bedtime Story