35

Conditioning


Note of What Has Gone Before: The Hirogen reappeared when a hunting party boarded the ship in pursuit of the ultimate prey, Species 8472. The hunt ended after Seven disobeyed a direct order from the Captain. She was confined to quarters and given only restricted access to ship's systems.

Not long afterward, the entire ship was seized by the Hirogen, who ran the crew through elaborate combat simulations on the Holodeck. Key was a World War II scenario in Nazi occupied France. The fighting eventually spilled out of the Holodeck and throughout the ship, ending with the hologrid being disabled. The Hirogen discovered the potential of stalking an unstoppable holographic prey, and released the ship.


Captain’s Personal Log:

It was among the last things I expected to find on my desk in my Ready Room. There was a padd with Seven’s answers to my instructions. It was ages since the incident with Species 8472 and the Hirgoen hunter. I hadn’t even seen her in those few days. She did as I instructed remaining in the Astrometrics Lab or in the Cargo Bay. Our last encounter before the Hirogen occupation was so tense that I’d conceded all the progress we’d ever made and was certain that I would have to begin from the beginning -- if I began again at all.

So the padd was a surprise. Then, I found myself growing annoyed. It seemed presumptuous in light of what had happened. To say that we hadn’t seen eye to eye was an extreme hyperbole of an understatement. My recollection was that we were arguing on many levels. Seven was astute enough to know that I was very angry at her. Even she must have sensed my disappointment. Did she honestly think that I could forget that to train her?

I found myself walking to her regeneration chamber of my own volition without thinking. And the object of my desire and extreme irritation was just stepping down from her platform. She glanced down at the padd in my hand.

"Captain. Are you here to review my instructions?" She asked.

"That would be inappropriate," I replied. "I just want to know why you sent them."

"The reply is tardy," she said. "I had to obey the Captain’s instructions after the incident with Species 8472. I had no access to the proper facilities until the restrictions on my movements were lifted. Then there was the occupation by the Hirogen."

"I’m not asking why the reply was late. I’m asking why it was completed at all," I replied.

She looked at me with wide puzzled eyes. "It was your instruction to me as the Mistress. I expect to begin training."

"I know that, Seven. What I don’t understand in light of our differences over the ‘incident’ is why you still want training."

"Are these not separate areas of your life?" she asked.

"Yes."

"Mr. Kim told me that your sessions with him as Mistress did not change even when he was receiving discipline from the Captain," she said.

"True. But Mr. Kim doesn’t have such philosophical differences about almost everything as you and I have," I replied trying not to let my exasperation show. Was she actually going to argue with me about my consent for her to train?

"Much of this lifestyle is about exploring the limits of pleasure. We are at such odds with each other on so many levels, I don’t see where pleasure is possible for you. Service to a Mistress is not for everyone."

She was silent for a moment. "The records are clear that you and Mr. Paris were at odds over many things, yet he trained with you."

"Mr. Kim talks too much."

"He did not believe he was betraying a confidence as you had already given me instructions," she said.

"You are too willful to train," I said quietly.

"Is not bending will part of the pleasure for you? I have begun to function in this command structure because of your intervention," she said. "I have read the early logs of your circle on this vessel. Your training has bound crewman to you who were having trouble. It has made them more of a part of the whole, because they are a part of you."

"You think service will make you a better crewman," I retorted. "You still don’t understand that all of this is on my terms. I don’t think that rigid back can bend."

"Chakotay did not think I could function on this crew," she said.

"You are late for your post," I said.

"Yes, Captain. I will await your decision and I will abide by it," she replied.

I left her for the Bridge.

No one in the crew knew what was going on that day, but I know they were glad when it was time for me to turn over the con. I still had the padd in my hand. I had not yet read it. I went to Barrows. She was the only one who could counsel me.

My heart still fluttered when I called for activation of the program. The Holodeck and its programs had been restored fully after the ship was pieced back together. Yet there was still the tiny worry in a small corner of my mind that I had lost my advisor forever. I sighed with relief involuntarily when I heard that the program was already running.

I smiled to myself. Worry about Mistress Barrows during the occupation had been almost silly. The program was as tenacious a survivor as the woman herself. It should not have surprised me to see the High Commander go flying out the door of Auxiliary Control and hit a bulkhead. Though I did wonder how she’d gotten loose. My last order to Mr. Kim was to hide her program. Then I saw my First One in a bloody heap on the floor.

"That, my ugly one, is for damaging my Dear One’s pet," Barrows said. She had picked the Commander up by his throat then. "Now, you’re going to pay for what you’ve done to my Dearest Kathryn. And how you’re going to regret removing the safety protocals."

"Mistress!" I’d shouted. "I’m here! I’m fine... more or less."

The Commander then turned to me in shock and dismay.

"How can this be? How can a program be self aware?" He had demanded. "How did you get free?"

"Full of questions, isn’t he?" Barrows had said. She hurled him back into the room to slam ever harder against the far bulkhead.

That had stunned him long enough for me to tend to Mr. Kim. He was distraught at having failed to protect Barrows. I assured him that my concern for the Mistress had been unnecessary.

"I still don’t understand," the Hirogen muttered.

"She is like the Doctor," I’d replied with annoyance. "Certain rare programming parameters can produce sentient entities. They are rare events though Voyager is now blessed with two."

That had his attention. The possibilities of an entity which could think beyond the boundaries of a program was even beyond what he imagined. The Hirogen had been fixated on Voyager’s holographic technology. Barrows was interested in flaying the Hirogen alive. I was inclined to let her. But that wouldn’t have gotten the ship out of the trouble it was in. So I decided to compromise. I set the Hirogen Commander down for my negotiations then told Barrows where to find the Q enhanced riding crop and wished her happy hunting. Mr. Kim went back to freeing the senior staff. The rest was a matter of record save for some extensive collateral damage to the Hirogen and some holographic Nazis inflicted by the Mistress.

Like the Doctor, Barrows survived the blowout of the emitter array with no loss to her program. That had been weeks ago, yet the relief was still there when I saw her sitting serenely on her throne. I knelt at her feet.

"What vexes you this day, Dear One?"

"Seven of Nine," I sighed. "She sent me the reply to my instructions. The ones I requested weeks ago."

"Well considering what’s been happening on board, I think she can be forgiven tardiness," Barrows replied.

"It’s not that it’s tardy. I wasn’t expecting the reply at all," I retorted.

"Why ever not? Don’t tell me it was because of that little tiff," she replied. "I thought getting her into shackles was our number one priority."

My growing vexation at Barrows kept me from smiling at the plural in the pronoun.

"She disobeyed a direct order and defied my direct authority," I said.

"So has most of your senior staff at one point or another," Barrows said quietly. The experience in her voice was there despite the youthful tone. It was her ‘I’m being patient with the young’ voice. "Besides, that is irrelevant to her training."

"Under most circumstances, I’d agree. But Seven just doesn’t understand..."

"You have brought her closer to understanding than many on your crew would have believed," Barrows said calmly. "The girl is extremely bright and despite appearances, eager to please you. Her actions were undeniably rash and impertinent, but what she did was out of concern for Voyager and for you."

I gasped at her.

"Seven did nothing more than your Mr. Tuvok, Mr. Chakotay, Mr. Paris or Mr. Kim when faced with destruction of the ship versus your ethics," Barrows said. "They all fell on the sword for you and you still trained them. Those boys just had the humility to admit they were wrong."

"That girl doesn’t begin to understand the word humility," I muttered.

"But darling, humility is the most fun thing to teach," Barrows said with glee. "I still get moist when I think of bending your rigid back."

I lowered my eyes to prevent my glowering at her. The most annoying thing was that Barrows was right about all of it. Tom Paris was not as overtly arrogant as Seven, but he was an incredible challenge. I relished every moment of whipping some humility into him.

"She is so certain of Borg superiority," I said. "How do I hold myself up as the near unattainable dream if I am a flawed human far from perfection?"

"Are you so sure of how she feels?"

Barrows drew me up to look at her. She stroked my hair then cupped my face in both small hands.

"Dear Child, you have been in a vacuum too long. There has not been enough spontaneous adulation from admirers. Your life is too utilitarian, your playmates too familiar," she said. "You’ve forgotten how potent you are to those who cross your path. Otherwise, I don’t think you would have cut your hair.

"How many admirals and diplomats have you had at your feet sobbing their unworthiness? I really don’t think that beautiful child is any different," she said with a gentle kiss on my lips.

When she withdrew, I looked at the padd.

"Do you want to hear it, too?"

"Honestly, pet. What do you think?"
 
 

Personal Log Seven Of Nine:

As per your instructions, I sought to experience a shower with water. As I did not have such a facility, I asked Mr. Kim if I might use his. Once again, he blinked at me six times before replying to the affirmative. For some reason that I didn’t try to fathom, he insisted that I use the shower while he was on duty.

I found when I arrived that he left towels on the desk along with his robe and a large sponge. There was also a padd with instructions about water temperature and which soap preparations to use. He also left suggestions for music to play. This seemed to be a dubious suggestion. Why would I want to listen to music while cleaning my skin? Since his experience in this instance was superior to mine, I followed the instructions which included music and lightly scented candles in the bathing area.

Mr. Kim recommended that I start the water to increase the warmth and humidity in the room. I removed my clothing and put on his robe to unpin and brush my hair as instructed. The robe carried the scent of the soap he used and the scent that was his own. The feeling of being encased in the warmth and the scents was quite pleasant. It was similar to having his arms around me during copulation.

I brushed my hair as the steam from the hot water filled the room. The bristles on the brush were stimulating to my scalp and soothing as well. The feeling was different from Mr. Kim fingers running through my hair. The coverage was more thorough because of the density of the bristles. However, I cannot say that they were comparable sensations. Mr. Kim would massage my scalp which was stimulating in another way. Instead of my capillaries and follicles being stimulated by the bristle, Mr. Kim’s massage made me lubricate for copulation.

The room was warm and moist. I felt relaxed in the atmosphere. The robe slipped off with the brushing. I let it fall off as I stepped into the shower stall. The water was 312 degrees Kelvin. The spray was fine and strong. It was stimulating to my skin as the brush bristles were on my scalp. As per Mr. Kim’s instructions, I allowed all parts of my body to feel the spray before using the soap. This was not a very efficient method of cleansing. However, the tactile experience was both soothing and stimulating.

At this juncture, I realize that my preoccupation with the unfamiliar stimuli has caused me to neglect the central purpose of this exercise. I will inquire of Mr. Kim as to whether I should edit out this extraneous information.

If the Mistress’ hands were my hands, she would feel that my skin is warm not just from the temperature of the water but also because of the stimulation of capillaries beneath the epidermal layer. It is flushed because of that.

The soap is a liquid with a viscosity that is pleasant to the touch. I sooth the soap over my shoulders and arms. They are strong, of course. I can feel the muscles shifting beneath the skin. However, I’m more aware of how soft they feel under the soap. The inside of my upper arms feels particularly sensitive to the intensity of the spray. I am also sensitive around my Borg implants. I clean them very carefully, the slightest misstep causing me some discomfort. As I slowly clean both my face and my left hand, I realize how carefully Mr. Kim would always be with me while touching me in those areas.

As I work my way down the length of my body, I notice that my nipples harden as I apply the soap to my breasts. The circular motion is pleasant and unsettling. I find myself wanting Mr. Kim’s mouth on them engaged in the sucking and nibbling action he is fond of doing when moving inside me. The memory of that action nearly distracts me from the task at hand.

I proceeded to a less erogenous area of my body. My feet are unremarkable to me. They are the appropriate size for my height. The instep is high. I am surprised to find that soaping them sends pleasant sensations to the rest of my body. A stronger massage sends a stronger sensation. After making a mental note to have Mr. Kim massage my feet and let me massage his, I move on.

My legs are longer in proportion than is average in humans to the rest of my body. The soaping action and the shower spray are pleasant but not as sexually stimulating as the areas I’ve noted. However, like my upper arms, my inner thighs are sensitive to the strength of the spray.

Soaping my buttocks was very pleasurable. By suggestion of Mr. Kim, I trained the spray on my clitoris while smoothing the soap slowly over each side of my buttocks then sliding the soap up and down the cleft in between. I was surprised to actually moan out loud from the sensation. Finally, I soaped the clitoris and surrounding area. It was engorged and extremely sensitive to the touch. I began slowly spreading the soap thoroughly, but the pleasure made my movements more vigorous. After two minutes and fifteen seconds of stimulation, I achieved a satisfactory orgasm. Then, I shampooed my hair. The activity was pleasant and soothing.

Upon exiting the shower stall, I experienced a sudden change in temperature and humidity which was not pleasant. It caused bumps to be raised on my skin and I became chilled. Vigorous rubbing with the towels helped. Then, I wrapped myself in Mr. Kim’s robe. That made me comfortable. I sat on the bed and brushed my hair to dry it.

It was then that Mr. Kim returned to his quarters. That was a surprise for me. Mr. Kim was to be at his post until four hours after my arrival. It did not seem possible that so much time had passed.

Mr. Kim stood in the doorway of the bedroom looking at me.

"You must have lost track of time," he said. His voice had that timbre present when he was aroused. I nodded in agreement. I had no longer had access to the internal chronometer of the Collective. However, such a discussion did not interest me at that moment. Discourse did not interest me at all. I stood up and the robe fell again. I embraced Mr. Kim and kissed him with my mouth open. I felt Mr. Kim shift and lift me into his arms then lower me to the mattress. We copulated vigorously for two hours, ten minutes and fourteen seconds.

In waiting for Mr. Kim to fall asleep, I did as well. When I awoke five hours later, he was holding me. His limbs were wound about me. I did not find it confining or unpleasant. It took effort of will and movement to disengage. However, I felt it important to relay my findings without delay.

End log.
 
 

Barrows and I looked at each other. "Well, that certainly was..." I stammered. "Stimulating?" Barrows offered. "To say the least," I sighed. "You will train her," she said. It was not a question. She knew me all too well.

"I need a more formal setting for her than my quarters," I said.

"Mi casa e su casa, pet," she quipped.

I took a slow, deep breath. "May I at least wait a couple of days as to not appear over anxious?"

"Whatever you wish."

I waited forty eight hours before contacting her about this matter. In the interum, I forbade Ensign Kim from going anywhere near her until I approved it. For this to be successful, I needed her on edge. I wanted to smell that incredible heat and know that I was in control of her pleasure.

Seven reported promptly to the Holodeck after her shift three days later. Barrows was on her throne in serene attire of gossamer layers. I was in my leathers standing at her right side as I had when the Mistress received diplomats and dignitaries.

My postulant appraised the room with great interest. Her gaze settled on us intently.

"Greetings, Seven," I said. "Your answers to my instructions were acceptable. I’ve decided that you are worthy of training. With the proper amount of effort and movement toward humility you may be worthy to enter my Circle.

"You have an opportunity that I will not grant again for quite some time," I said. "I allow some initial questions before we begin."

Seven looked at Barrows.

"I have seen you in the corridors of Voyager during the Hirogen occupation," she said. "I saw you slay them with a leather implement. You have their bones on the wall. I thought you were a holoprogram."

"I am, my dear. So are the bones. A certain killjoy wouldn’t let me keep the real ones," Barrows replied drily. "They had to be punished for troubling my Kathryn."

I smiled at Seven’s confusion. "An accident of programming rendered Mistress Barrows sentient like the Doctor. The implement was Picard’s riding crop enhanced by Q."

"The Q have been here?"

That startled her strongly.

"Yes. And likely to return, but that doesn’t matter right now," I said. "This place is Mistress Barrows' Club where I was trained and where you shall be as well. I will make those logs available over time."

"Mistress Barrows will observe?"

"Not first hand. She wanted to meet you and observe our beginning. There is little I can deny her," I said. "Someday, you will understand that."

"She is mirthful," Seven said.

I smiled wryly. "She is. Until she flays the skin from the flesh. Are you ready?"

"Yes. How do we proceed?"

"First, unless I ask you a direct question, you will not speak. You will not seek sexual pleasure from anyone on this crew but me until further notice.

"In my presence you will be naked and on your knees with eyes averted... Starting now," I said.

She nodded.

"And in response to a direct order in this room, you will reply ‘yes, Mistress.’"

Seven began to undress. "Yes, Mistress."

As the last item dropped to the floor, I heard Barrows gasp. "Great googely moogely."

I shot the Mistress an exasperating look.

"I’m sorry darling, but what else can one say?" She said with a shrug.

I sighed.

"Well, I’ll be on my way. And pet, I expect a meticulous account," she said with a smile.

"Yes, Mistress."

Barrows disappeared.

I pulled a pair of leather cuffs off my belt. There was a world of equipment at my disposal, but I felt like the elegant simplicity of the shackles. And it was time to really test Seven’s resolve.

"Cross your wrists at the base of your spine," I said.

"Yes, Mistress."

I secured her wrists then stepped back to look at my postulant. She was beautiful like this, and she was mine. I undid her hair while deciding what to do first.

"Well, you like to fuck. That’s for certain. And you have a good grasp of how pleasure stimuli can enhance your erotic experience," I said quietly as I walked around Seven. "It’s time to explore the role of pain in this process."

I gently pushed Seven by the neck until her face was near the floor.

"Rest your cheek on the carpet, dear. And balance yourself for impact," I said.

The first blow was interesting. That extraordinary butt absorbed a lot of impact and even gave a nice bit of reverb. It was fascinating scientifically. The next round of blows came in quick succession. Seven gasped then began to regulate her breathing but she remained still. I stopped at ten. Seven was breathing heavily. Her ass was red but the skin was not broken.

I put down the paddle then caressed the heated flesh with both hands. I kneed her thighs further apart to caress the crevice between the muscular mounds. She moaned when I placed my cheek on the reddened skin. I ran one hand along her inner thigh up to her nether lips. To my delight she was wonderfully wet.

"Perfect," I sighed. "Get up on your haunches for a moment."

"Yes, Mistress," Seven choked out.

I positioned some pillows on the floor then turned to Seven. Her face was flushed. Her hair was in disarray. She looked lovely.

"I know that you are just brimming with questions. But all will become clearer as we go on," I said moving to stand behind her. "The paddling will bruise slightly. You will be aware of it once dressed, but not damaged."

I began stroking her nipples and tugging at them absently. For a moment, I thought it would be nice to have access to them while working on the Bridge. But then, everyone would want to have some.

"I’ll be making some delightful nipple rings now that I’ve felt them first hand," I said. "They will make you feel like you’re being sucked just a little too hard. It’ll keep you ready for me."

"Yes, Mistress," she almost moaned.

"Position yourself on your back with your legs spread wide. Be sure to support your limbs," I said.

"Yes, Mistress."

I watched her move to the pillows on her knees. Once she was in position, I took out my clit whip.

"Time to work over those sensitive thighs," I said.

She flinched at the first swat. I knew it stung, but I went after her with rapid strokes as I did with the paddle. The sting would disappear under the heat afterward. I reddened her legs. Before she could get her breath, I smacked that clit. Seven arched her hips at the sensation and growled.

"Liked that, huh?"

"Yes, Mistress."

I smacked her again. Then again. By the time I she received her fifth smack she was wiggling her pelvis. I smacked her thigh hard.

"Stay still!"

She moaned and inhaled deeply. "Yes, Mistress."

"You want that nice stiff cock to bring you to suitable orgasm," I said. "But you will want me as much as you want my beautiful First One."

I rationalized that it was part of her training to make it clear where her pleasure would come from. Besides, the little bitch owed me a taste for irritating me.

"Your final lesson will be about how there can be pleasure for a woman that doesn’t involve a cock," I said. "Not that I would ever turn one down."

I positioned my mouth over her clit.

"Pay attention, because there will be a test on me later. And I punish for mistakes," I whispered.

She tasted good and was quite responsive, but I wanted to take my time learning her.

"Look at the mirror on the ceiling, Seven," I said between laps.

Seven moaned loudly.

I kept at her tonguing and sucking her until she was barely containing her movements. I knew she was very close. That’s when I finally reached up to her nipples. Seven screamed.

I enjoyed my handiwork. She was breathless. Her face was flushed. Her thighs were red. Her chest was heaving. Her eyes were on me with amazement.

"You will now thank me, dress and leave," I said. "I will let you know when you will have another session. Now, crawl over here and thank me sweetly."

Seven moved on her knees to me with her head bowed. She lowered her head to kiss my right boot.

"Thank you, Mistress."

While she was there, I freed her wrists. I watched Seven dress while sipping wine. Her fingers were not quite as sure as usual. She couldn’t control her hair and that seemed to irk her. I was enjoying her discomfort. And she didn’t look at me the whole while.

I stopped Seven before she got to the door. It was important that she look into my eyes. I lifted her chin until her gaze met mine. She relaxed considerably. I brushed her lips with mine in a chaste kiss.

"Goodnight, Seven."

"Goodnight, Mistress."


Home
35a: Assistance