35a

Assistance


A Word From The Mistress: This little adventure was originally written for a reading at Toronto Trek. Captain Apollo’s dialogue was to be read by Richard Hatch. Although he was game, the project was announced too late to be added to the convention schedule.


Captain’s Personal Log:

It seems that the most interesting things that happen to Voyager invariably occur when we are minding our own business. This particular day, the ship was plying along in what appeared to be benign territory with all systems, in the words of my lovely Seven of Nine, working within specified parameters. And, as was my long standing custom at such times, I was planning on a session with my two pets. The time had come for a tag team match with Harry and Seven.

Then came the alarm from the sensor station. I sighed. It was an hour before my shift was to end. That, I reasoned, was enough for all hell to break loose and ruin my plans for many multiple orgasms.

"Report!"

"Working," Kim replied. The annoyance in his tone matched mine. "The ships are on an intercept trajectory with Voyager. Their configuration is unknown... Transferring data to Astrometrics."

"Seven, report," my thoughts for the evening were pushed aside for the moment. There was a slight adrenaline spike on the Bridge.

"The larger vessel is Cylon, an automated life form, Species 4513."

"An automated life form?"

"Correct. Living machines," Seven replied. "The smaller ships are from Species 4516, a life form identical to humans. They were not assimilated as their uniqueness would not have enhanced that of the Borg. When they were encountered, they were too primitive."

"They’re human?" I asked.

Kim interrupted. "Captain, I’m getting a distress signal from the smaller ships. They are under attack and have sustained damage."

Seven resumed. "Species 4513 harbors a great fear and hatred of Species 4516. They will destroy them."

"Tom, go to warp eight. Shields up. Red alert. Try and get us in between them."

"Yes, Ma’am."

We were on them in an instant. No one would have called it a fair fight. The Cylon ship was a double saucer almost two kilometers in diameter. Their targets were barely 12 meters long.

"We’re in range," Chakotay said. "We’ve got them under our shields."

"The Cylon vessel is directly in our path," Tom said.

"They’ve locked on weapons," Kim added.

"Cylon vessel, this is Captain Kathryn Janeway of the Federation Starship Voyager. Break off your attack and power down your weapons."

A massive barrage erupted from the Cylon ship. So much for diplomacy.

"Shields holding. No real effect," Tuvok said.

"Target their weapons," I said. "Just enough to teach them some manners."

"Yes, Ma’am," Kim said. "Firing..."

The phasers hit their target. The Cylon ship promptly exploded. I glared at Harry.

"They weren’t even at full power," Kim said in exasperation.

Seven entered the Bridge. "This result is not unexpected. The Cylons use an unstable fuel in their propulsion. The phaser fire likely caused a chain reaction. The Borg found their technology too primitive for use."

"I can see why," I said.

"Captain, life support on the smaller ships have failed," Kim reported. "Life signs are growing weaker."

"Beam them directly to Sick Bay. And start a sensor sweep of the entire sector, fighters this size couldn’t have wandered this far out into space on their own," I said.

"Maybe they got lost... were part of a convoy or something," Tom said.

"Whatever it is, the answer is in Sick Bay," I said. "Seven, you’re with me."
 
 

The Doctor had the two men isolated from each other with a force field. They were both wearing uniforms of a sort. One of them, the dark haired one, lay unconscious on the bio bed. The blonde was standing as close to the force field as possible gazing anxiously as the Doctor worked on his comrade. I don’t even think he notice us until I spoke.

"Don’t be alarmed," I said quietly. "Your companion is in good hands."

The Doctor paused at his task. "They are clear of all biohazards and out of immediate danger. I’ve also taken the liberty of collecting their weapons," he said, pointing to the table.

Seven picked up the bulky blaster and examined it.

"Crude," Seven declared. "But effective enough."

I noticed that the blonde pilot took a moment to examine her. He was suitably impressed. Definitely human.

"I’m Captain Kathryn Janeway of the Federation starship Voyager."

"Pleased to meet you, Captain," he said with a charming smile. "Now don’t get me wrong. I’m glad you pulled our butts out of the fire, but I don’t like talking to anyone from inside a cage."

Cocky and arrogant with an innate swagger. Typical fighter pilot. I released the force field.

"Thanks," he said. "I’m Lieutenant Starbuck of the Battlestar Galactica. The man over there is Captain Apollo."

"Starbuck? Apollo?" The Doctor said. "How odd."

Starbuck moved to where Apollo was stirring. The concern melted into relief when the man opened his eyes. It was quite moving. The feelings seemed to be much more than platonic concern. I’d seen that kind of look before.

Captain Apollo sat upright. He studied us intently. Sizing us up, I was sure. He was the stalwart type with those handsome features and serious green eyes.

"Where am I?"

I introduced ourselves again.

"Seven of Nine?" He asked.

"It’s a long story," I replied.

"And they thought our names were odd," Starbuck said with a chuckle. He kept glancing at Apollo as if to assure himself that his friend was okay.

"It’s not as if we haven’t heard any unusual names," I said. "It’s just that we didn’t expect to hear any from Ancient Earth mythology in this part of the galaxy."

"Not to mention the coffee concern that came close to global domination toward the end of the 20th Century," the Doctor said.

Both men stared at us incredulously.

"You’re from Earth?" Apollo asked. "This ship is from Earth?"

"We are from Earth. Technically, this ship is from many worlds," I replied. "Why?"

"Well..." Apollo said.

What followed was a story that left me dumbfounded and amazed. I had the pilots set up in crews quarters to rest for a few hours while I discussed the situation with my command staff.

"It’s astonishing," Chakotay said. "We are a lost tribe."

We talked for about an hour. I already knew what the result would be. To quote Mr. Paris, duty bites. I went to break the news to our guests.

Apollo listened intently. "So you can’t help us," he said.

"We can give you detailed star charts for the route to the Alpha Quadrant, medical supplies, intelligence," I said. Gods, it sounded pathetic.

"But you can’t help us?"

"Not militarily, no."

I saw the range of emotions play in the depths of those beautiful green eyes as I explained the Prime Directive’s history and Voyager’s own struggles with the edict as we traveled alone towards home. There was disappointment then anger then ultimately acceptance.

"I understand," he said quietly after I finished speaking.

"You what?" Starbuck all but shouted.

"Starbuck, she’s right," Apollo said tiredly. "Voyager has already given us a lot."

"One less basestar to deal with," Starbuck admitted. "This ship could take out the entire Cylon Empire single handedly."

"And we would be no better than the Cylons. Besides, as I understand it, they’re moving a lot faster than we are. They’ll reach Earth in about 60 years. At top speed, it will take Galactica more than three times that. And that’s without a convoy to escort. Earth is their home. Do you really want them to die of old age with no chance of ever reaching home just to stay with us?"

Starbuck began to pace sullenly.

Apollo moved to stand in front of his friend placing reassuring hands on his shoulders. "Earth isn’t a myth or a matter of faith anymore. This will end a lot of conflict amongst the Quorum of Twelve."

"The charts will provide the shortest, fastest way back," I said. "Once you reach Federation space, you will have powerful escorts."

"It will be alright," Apollo said. His hands remained on the blonde man’s shoulders. "Let’s get our Vipers ready and get back to the Galactica."

Starbuck nodded. Something passed between them and I realized that a kiss would help them. It wouldn’t do me any harm either. They were beautiful together, but both were oblivious. The intimate moment ended with the usual hug combined with back slapping.

It was a pity that there was no time to take their blinders off. Ah, well. I discreetly took my leave heading for my Ready Room. Despite the young Captain’s acceptance of my decision, I felt drained from their emotions and my own. In the space of a few hours, I relived all of the fear and depression of the early months of the trip home.

The only thing that kept me from being completely morose was the realization that I had completely changed the way I viewed our journey. My optimism was not an affect for the crew. Since hearing from home, I thought of Voyager on a deep space mission from which we would certainly return. Still, the whole encounter was jarring. I was trying to center myself with work when Chakotay entered.

I felt his eyes on me.

"Door lock," he said softly.

My head snapped up. I expected to see him peeling off his uniform when I looked up. He smiled at me.

"I’m flattered at the thought," he murmured. "I’d love to peel every layer off your soft delicious skin and spread you on the desk and eat you up."

My eyes must have been saucers. It was a wonder that they didn’t fall out of their sockets.

"This is about a little comfort," he said. "I haven’t seen you look so forlorn in some time."

I was in his arms pressed against his solid warm body.

"We can’t really help them if we don’t get home ourselves," he said.

"I know," I nuzzled against him. "Doesn’t make it any easier."

His hands were massaging my scalp.

"What will?"

I shrugged. "I’m restless."

"Yeah, I know," he sighed. "Why don’t you go play for a while?"

I looked up at him startled. The response was a sweet and searing kiss. When he pulled back, there was a twinkle in those dark eyes.

"Oh, I’d like to think I can handle you when you’re in this mood, but I’m still working on building up my stamina," he smiled.

"You do alright," I said. "Especially when you put your mind to the task at hand."

"Thank you so much," the Commander said dryly.

I’d succeeded in doing what I wanted to do the most at that moment. Provoking Chakotay’s kiss was one of my favorite things to do. His mouth slanted across mine demanding surrender and giving me his. As always, he took my breath away and I relished the feel of his strong hands cupping my face. The man was the devil himself. I wondered again when the final battle between us would begin.

Then, he released me. "No ulterior motive. At least not today. I’ll help our guests. You take a couple of hours and get centered."

"Oh, I’ll go beautiful. But I’ll find out what you’re up to some day soon and you will rue the day," I said quietly.

He smiled a secretive smile and then left me. I didn’t think about how well he knew me. It was time for a little fun. Unfortunately, the options were limited. Seven was preoccupied with creating the charts and data for the Galactica. The Ensign was still recovering from Seven’s first foray with a riding crop. But there was always my first option.

"Janeway to Kim..."

My mood improved as soon as I was in my leathers back at the Club. Where Barrows was I didn’t know. She’d taken to visiting all sorts of unlikely places of late. When she didn’t appear in the Club program, I decided it was best for my head to not think about why. Kim was waiting for me naked and on his knees. He did not raise his eyes as I walked by and removed my robe.

"How are our visitors?"

"Tom is helping them with repairs. The last thing I heard him say was ‘200 gs acceleration and twin plasma cannons, now that’s sex,'" Harry replied with a smile.

I shook my head. "Ah, sublimation is a wonderful thing."

"Mistress, may I speak?" He asked quietly.

"Yes, pet."

"What is your pleasure today?"

"I would very much like to forget about this day for a while," I sighed easing onto Barrow’s throne. "Do you think you could help me do that?"

A slow smile spread across his face. He slowly licked his lips. "Yes, I’m certain that I can, Mistress."

I was about to order him to get to work when there was an incredible pounding at the door. That shouldn’t be unless something was wrong. I tossed Harry a robe.

"Computer, who is pounding on the Holodeck door?"

"Starbuck of the Battlestar Galactica."

"Can’t take no for an answer," I muttered. "Well, I can’t have that."

"Mistress... should he see you like that?"

"Why not? He doesn’t know how Starfleet officers dress off duty or how they may discipline their subordinates," I said. "I don’t see why we shouldn’t tell him. Exit."

Starbuck swaggered in with as earnest a look on his face as he could manage. "Listen, Captain..."

Then he stopped short and really looked at his surroundings. Then he looked at us.

"What in the world?"

"Listen, Lieutenant, I understand your desperation, but you have really exceeded your bounds here," I said. "Someone must have told you that it is extremely dangerous to disturb me here."

"Well, yeah. But I thought..."

"You could flash your big eyes and bright smile at me and I would instantly change my mind about everything," I said.

He shrugged in a somewhat sheepish manner. Harry rolled his eyes.

"It doesn’t work that way, pet. No one questions me. No one can come here without an invitation and not expect to face the consequences," I said quietly.

"Consequences?"

I nodded then snapped my fingers. Two burly attendants appeared and stripped the pilot in short order. I had him chained to a pillar.

"This isn’t the recreation I had in mind, but it’ll do." I said. "You have to be punished for trespassing into my privacy and for taking a session away from Mr. Kim."

"What kind of punishment?"

"And for talking when you weren’t told to," I continued. "You have lovely coloring. I can’t wait to add a little fire to it."

"Apollo to Janeway..."

I was flabbergasted. Will the insubordination never end?

"Janeway here. I’m a little busy Captain."

"I know... Mr. Chakotay indicated that Starbuck may have gravely offended you," he said.

Mr. Chakotay had a big mouth, I thought. "He’s about to make amends. I’ll send him back better than new."

"Captain... please... let me speak to you before... please, just let me speak to you."

The young Captain’s voice was sincere and concerned. There was even a little hint of desperation in the tone. I was moved on many levels.

"Exit," I said.

Apollo crossed the room hardly glancing at Starbuck or Harry. He immediately got on his knees before me with his head down. Chakotay really was a blabber mouth.

"Please, there must be some way I can keep him from being harmed," Apollo said quietly.

How far would he go? "You could take his place at the pillar."

"Alright," he replied.

"No!" Starbuck growled. "Get out of here and let me take what I asked for."

"I’m his commanding officer. I’m responsible."

"No! Apollo... don’t," Starbuck said quietly.

"I can’t stand by and let you be harmed."

"Don’t stand by. Leave now."

There was so much passion between them it was making me squirm. And still they didn’t see it. Harry was shaking his head with a knowing smirk.

"Enough of this," I said with another snap of my fingers. The attendants stripped the luscious Captain. This time I had Starbuck removed for the pillar and shackled by his wrists to chains from the ceiling. I had Apollo shackled in front of him about two inches apart. Close enough for their erections to touch.

"I couldn’t decide who to beat, so I’m going to beat you both," I said. "Unless..."

"What?" They both asked.

"I’ll do anything," Apollo said.

"I want you two to kiss. A kiss with tongue."

They were startled. They stared at each other. Their erections jumped. So did Harry’s.

"Just one kiss and I may let you go," I said.

They nodded at each other. Apollo leaned in and covered Starbucks parted lips. It was gentle exploration at first. When they pulled back. Each man was panting with wonder and lust.

"Apollo, tell him what you’re feeling," I said. I could see a lot in those intense green eyes that he needed to say.

"I’ve wanted to do that for so long," he said quietly. "I’m glad this happened. I just hope it hasn’t ruined what we have between us."

Starbuck looked down at their erections. "Somehow, I didn’t think that’s going to be a problem."

Apollo blushed. "You’re so amazing... and exciting. I’d do anything for you."

"I’ve always thought you were beautiful inside and out," Starbuck said. "I never dreamt that I could have you."

"We’ve wasted a lot of time," Apollo said. "We could have been together for so long."

"We don’t have to wait any longer, do we?"

I snapped my fingers and the shackles were gone.

They fell onto each other then onto the fur on the floor kissing hungrily. Apollo kissed Starbuck’s whole face then began to tongue his way down the young pilot’s body. I pulled Harry down next to me and absently began to stroke his erection while he fingered my clit. Starbuck moved to take Apollo in his mouth, but he dark haired man had other plans.

"No... this first time, we go together," he murmured maneuvering Starbuck beneath him until their cocks were aligned. They began to move against each other kissing all the wile. Harry was working me while I was pumping him. Our visitors came first screaming into each other’s mouths. We were right behind them.

I sighed in contentment. "You have more than made amends, pets. You can go when you are ready."

They dressed in silence still lost in each other and what happened. I watched them leave wondering what kind of official parting we would have and how much would make it into their official record.
 
 

I was concerned for nothing. Aside from Chakotay glaring at me in his usual exasperation, all went smoothly. The young Captain shook my hand. There was gratitude in his eyes.

"Thank you, Captain Janeway. You’ve given my people hope and me a reason for joy," he said.

"Believe me, it was a pleasure," I said. "Godspeed to you both and your convoy."

They were gone. And I had an evening free...


Home
36: The Message