RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


***August the 14th 2004***

"Mommy? Are you all right?" William asked concerned as he watched his mother breathing deeply.

"No, William. Mommy is not all right. You have to find Daddy and bring him to me," Angel muttered as he squeezed his eyes shut as another contraction hit his body.

Draco and Harry both sat on the bed next to their mother and massaged the large belly as William had instructed them to do.

"DADDY!" William screamed down the stairs and watched his father rush upstairs. He was startled when Xander picked him up and ran towards Angel.

"Angel?" Xander whispered as he saw his lover and their two youngest sons on the bed.

"Xander, it hurts," Angel cried out as another contraction came.

"DAD! Call the doctor now!" Xander ordered as he had stepped out the room to inform his father. The young man smiled as his father clumsily got up and ran to the telephone to follow his son's orders.

Ethan looked on from a distance, as the whole family was awake in seconds. He had just returned from a trip to England with Severus to collect his godsons' belongings. 'Severus,' he thought dreamily as he gazed towards the dark haired beauty.

Severus didn't know what to think. His feelings were a mess. His belly flip-flopped whenever Ethan Rayne walked by and his heart fluttered whenever the man accidentally touched him as he passed by. He had promised Albus to visit at least each school holiday to watch over the two youngsters until they were eleven years old. Love was something he had never even thought he would have a chance at. He could just picture Albus with his twinkling eyes when he let him know of his feelings towards Ethan.

Both Ethan and Severus didn't noticed the loud noises as they stared at each other until Wesley and Gunn walked into them on their way to the lobby.

Wesley entered the lobby and stopped again when a contraction hit his body. Gunn, who had placed his hand on Wesley's lower back, waited patiently for his lover to be able to walk again.

Richard had been alarmed as well; he had placed Liza with William as he rushed downstairs towards the couple and together with Gunn, he helped Wesley to Angel's bedroom.


****


The doctor never saw so much chaos like he did the moment he entered the crowded bedroom. "Everyone but Xander and Gunn out!" he ordered.

As the family slowly made their way into the hallway taking the children with them, Mitch focused on the two deeply breathing men. Angel and Wesley were lying face to face as they held their lovers' hands.

"How long have you both been having contractions?" Mitch asked softly, knowing they heard him.

"They started last night."

"This morning."

Both answers said while breathing away the contraction. Mitch smiled and instructed them to lie on their backs so he could examine them.

"Wesley, your contractions are coming every 10 minutes. I need you to try and walk until the contractions are closer together. Can you do that for me?" Mitch asked.

Wesley nodded and with help from his lover he rolled off the bed and walked around the room, not wanting to leave the bedroom.

"Angel, you're contractions are coming every two minutes. You're almost ready," Mitch explained as he watched Xander sit behind Angel, ready to support Angel's back.

"Gunn, I want you to bring Severus and Ethan in to prepare the spell for Wesley," Mitch instructed the nervous hunter who kept Wesley close to him.

Gunn nodded and made sure Wesley was supported by the wall before warning Ethan and Severus sitting in the hallway.
Mitch focused on Angel again and watched Angel's expression change as he realized he had to push.

"Angel, go ahead and push," Mitch said encouragingly as he and Xander pressed Angel's legs to the side.

Angel moaned, groaned, mewled and finally screamed when their child's head left his entrance. His breathing deepened as he stared at Wesley who was staring at Angel.

"Push!" Mitch ordered again as he saw Angel's concentration faltering.

"Fuck you!" Angel snarled and howled when the child left his body. He collapsed against his lover and closed his eyes. He was exhausted and thought he was finished when a strange feeling came over him. "What? Another one?"

"No, it's the placenta that's coming out," Mitch said smiling at Angel's shocked face.

"Oh," Angel whispered as he pushed again. He felt something slip from his body before closing his eyes again.

Xander had cut the umbilical cord when Angel collapsed and watched Ethan take his child from Mitch and Severus mutter a cleansing spell for the entire room and the people in it. When Angel was sitting in the bed, the baby was placed on his chest.

The vampire was examining his child for all ten fingers and toes when he finally realized they had a little girl. "Xander, we have a girl."

"A beautiful daughter," Xander repeated.

"Lily Harris," Angel whispered.

"Really?" Xander asked shocked. They hadn't picked a name out yet, but it was perfect.

"Excuse me, I believe it's my turn now," Wesley said pained. His contractions were flying all over the place and he couldn't count the minutes anymore.

Mitch turned his attention to the pained looking male and guided him to lie next to Angel, who had made more space for Wesley to lie on.

Gunn knelt next to the bed holding his lover's hand as Ethan and Severus started the spell.

"Why couldn't I have the spell to remove our baby?" Angel asked jealously.

"Because you're a vampire, not a human," Xander asked patiently. He had heard this question so many times during the pregnancy that the answer came natural.


*****


D'Hoffryn, the Oracles, Albus, Minerva and Hagrid had come the moment they heard and felt something happening at the Harris family home. Their spells and protection wards had also alarmed them.

Harry, Draco and William were sitting on the floor crying when they heard their mother screaming and howling. Fred and Andrew sat on the floor with them and each took a boy into their arms while William snuggled in D'Hoffryn's lap.

"Mommy okay?" William questioned softly as he kept watching the door, hoping it would open soon.

When the door did open, everyone was disappointed to hear Gunn call for Ethan and Severus to prepare the spell for Wesley. Before they could sneak inside, the door had closed again.

"I'm sure your mother will be fine. It hurts to deliver a baby," D'Hoffryn explained to William.

Draco and Harry didn't understand what was going on. They only knew their mother was hurt and they weren't allowed to be inside.

"'Liam," Harry cried out as he tried to reach his brother. The small boy couldn't pronounce his brother's full name.

William climbed off his grandfather's lap and joined his youngest brother on the floor, holding him tight to his chest.

Liza copied William's movements and petted the dark haired boy in her friend's arms.

Fred smiled adoringly at the beautiful sight in the middle of their group. William was holding Harry while Draco was trying to reach Liza.

William turned his head to see if Draco was doing okay, when he noticed the small blond crawling towards Liza. She opened her arms and a squealing Draco jumped into the embrace. He blinked when several flashes went off. "No piccies!" William huffed irritated.

"No piffies!" Draco repeated as well, causing the family to laugh, forgetting their anxiety for Angel and Wesley for a few moments.


*****


"Wesley, Gunn, you have a beautiful daughter," Mitch said when he placed the little girl on Wesley's chest.

"Shall we?" Wesley asked weakly as he laid his head on his lover's shoulder.

"Xander, we would like to name our daughter after Anya. Would you mind?" Gunn asked calmly while holding his family.

Xander gasped at the question. "No, I think Anya would be honored that you named your little girl after her. I think even D'Hoffryn would be honored," he answered as he watched Wesley cuddle his daughter.

"Ethan, Severus, would you bring our children to us?" Angel asked Ethan.

When the two men left to collect the children, Angel looked at Xander. "Did you notice the way Ethan and Severus stare at each other?"

"Yes, I have. But let them figure it out on their own, okay?" Xander smiled and kissed his vampire.

"That depends on whether or not Cordy knows, she can be unstoppable. You know that," Gunn deadpanned.

"That's true," Xander laughed.

"Daddy? Mommy okay?" William asked as he stepped into the bedroom with Draco and Harry following him.

Xander stood up and picked up Draco before placing him on the bed next to Angel. Harry was next and was placed on the other side while William climbed on the bed and straddled Angel's hips as he peered at the bundle in his mother's arms.

"Mommy is okay," Angel said as he showed his daughter to her brothers. "You have a sister."

"No brother?" William asked curiously.

"You already have two brothers, William. Now you have a sister," Xander answered as he watched the three boys stare at the baby's face.

"Unc' Wesy?" William questioned as he looked at Wesley.

"We have a little girl too," Gunn answered.

"Don't' you think that's fair, William? Now we have three girls and three boys in this family," Angel suggested as he stared at his daughter.

"Okay," William said meekly.

"Oty," Harry repeated and was echoed by Draco.

"What name?" William asked he stroked his sister's cheek softly. The girl opened her eyes and looked at William before yawning widely.

"Your sister's name is Lily and your cousin is Anya," Xander introduced the girls.

"Lily," William said. "I hold her?"

Xander placed a pillow in William's arms after having him sit straight up in the bed. He then took Lily from Angel's arms and placed her gently on the pillow in William's arms. Draco and Harry sat next to William and watched as their brother held their new baby sister.

Mitch was sitting in a corner watching the family being introduced before making his presence known, as they had seemed to have forgotten about him.

"Xander, Angel, Gunn, Wesley, I'm leaving now. But please remember that Angel and Wesley are still fertile for 5 more months," Mitch announced before packing his bag. "I'll be back tomorrow to see how you're doing." With that he left the hotel.