RSS
Categories
Anime [15] Japanese word for cartoon and animation. In Japan, "anime" refers to any and all animation or cartoon - regardless of the genre, style, or nation of origin. Outside of Japan the word "anime" has come to refer specifically to animation of Japanese origins, or animation of a particular style (see below). Because of this, it is pronounced the Japanese way: "a-nee-may". (Anime News Network)
Books [6] A set of written, printed, or blank pages fastened along one side and encased between protective covers. 2. a. A printed or written literary work. (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/book)
Comics [5] (from the Greek κωμικός, kōmikos "of or pertaining to comedy" from κῶμος - kōmos "revel, komos",[1] via the Latin cōmicus) is a graphic medium in which images convey a sequential narrative. The term derives from the mostly humorous early work in the medium, and came to apply to that form of the medium including those far from comic. The sequential nature of the pictures, and the predominance of pictures over words, distinguishes comics from picture books, though there is some overlap between the two. Most comics combine words with images, often indicating speech in the form of word balloons, but pantomime strips, such as The Little King, are not uncommon. Words other than dialogue, captions for example, usually expand upon the pictures, but sometimes act in counterpoint.(Wikipedia)
Crossover/Multi-Fandom [12] Stories that involve characters from (sometimes wildly) different universes meeting up to fight, adventure or fall in love. (Fan History Wiki)
Drabbles [0] A drabble is a short work of fiction of around one hundred words in length. The purpose of the drabble is brevity, testing the author's ability to express interesting and meaningful ideas in a confined space. (Wikipedia)
Manga [1] A Japanese genre of cartoons, comic books, and animated films, typically having a science-fiction or fantasy theme and sometimes including violent or sexually explicit materiai. (google)
Movies [18] A sequence of photographs projected onto a screen with sufficient rapidity as to create the illusion of motion and continuity. (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/movie)
Original Fiction [2]
Plays [1]
Poem [3] 1. a composition in verse, especially one that is characterized by a highly developed artistic form and by the use of heightened language and rhythm to express an intensely imaginative interpretation of the subject. 2. composition that, though not in verse, is characterized by great beauty of language or expression: a prose poem from the Scriptures; a symphonic poem. (Dictionary.com)
Real Person [0] Real Person Fiction (RPF) is a type of fan fiction featuring celebrities or other real people. In the past, terms such as actorfic were used to distinguish such stories from those based on fictional characters from movies or television series. Before the term "real person fiction" came into common usage, fans came up with a variety of terms, which are still used for specific genres or cultural practices in the RPF community; for example, musicfic, popslash, or actorfic. The genre includes stories about actors, athletes, comedians, historical figures, musicians, newsworthy people, reality show contestants and others, as well as fiction about the fans themselves. (Wikipedia)
Television [132]
Television/Movies [8]