RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


***June 2004- Draco's first birthday***

It had been two months since Harry and Draco joined their family. The boys were shy and scared to touch anything. Only when William started petting his mother's belly again did the two boys joined in, stroking the tight skin of Angel's bump.

Angel was proud and delighted that William had accepted the boys as his brothers even though Harry was in fact his biological cousin. The vampire and Xander had decided that Harry and Draco would call them whatever they wanted, but that they would always remember their natural parents.

"Harry, shhh," Angel whispered to the boy in his arms as they tiptoed to the boys' bedroom. They had silently taken Harry and William out of the bedroom to let them collect the presents before going back together. It was Draco's first birthday and the family had decided on a small birthday party for the white-blond boy.

Harry mimicked the hush and placed his finger against his lips as Angel had done. As a family, they stepped into the bedroom to see Draco waking up and watching them in surprise before smiling.

When Xander and Cordelia started singing, he clapped his chubby hands and gave the family a big smile before standing up in his crib. Angel had been surprised when both Harry and Draco started standing on their own while holding onto their older brother.

Xander picked the boy from his crib and sat on William's bed with Draco in his lap. The blond boy giggled when Angel placed Harry to sit on Xander's other leg.

William snuggled on his mother's lap while watching his brothers. "Mommy, Draco how old?"

"Draco is a big one today. He's one year littler than you," Angel answered as they watched the small infant looking at his presents.

Giles kneeled in front of his son and together with his new grandson; they opened the first gift, smiling when Draco seemed to like the paper more than the present itself.

"Just like little William when he turned one," Giles said affectionately as he watched Draco play with the paper. He showed Draco the box that was wrapped within the paper before he opened the box, giving his grandson a small plastic car to play with.

Draco squealed when he noticed the car. He got a toy! He grabbed the car from his grandfather and showed it to Xander while laughing the entire time.

Once they were all dressed, they went downstairs where Albus, Minerva and Hagrid were already waiting for the birthday boy.

Within minutes the entire family, including the Oracles and D'Hoffryn, were sitting in the lobby watching Draco as he placed his hands in the birthday cake and proceeded on tearing it up and licking his fingers covered with the sweet icing.

William helped Harry walk over to sit next to Draco while the others witnessed this moment fondly. Since Harry was sitting next to Draco and Xander, William rushed back to Giles. He climbed onto his grandfather's lap and watched his younger brothers. His parents had explained to him about Draco and Harry and he felt himself drawn to protect the two boys. William snuggled in his grandfather's embrace before closing his eyes. It was time for a little nap.

Draco watched William from his place between his father and Harry. William was protective about him and Harry and it made him protective of his older brother as well. He looked at his present and started playing with his toy car.


***Harry's first birthday***


Draco was tiptoeing next to Angel as they quietly walked towards Harry's crib. He had to be quiet as Harry was still asleep.

William carefully escorted his mother towards the bed. He understood from his grandfather's conversations with his Aunty that his mommy was going to give him a new little brother or sister soon and that they had to be careful with him. Therefore William had taken it upon himself to be his mother's protector.

Angel and Xander had noticed the protective way William was being with the vampire and they were glad the boy understood that Angel would be giving birth in a few weeks. They didn't use the word birth though, because the boy didn't understand the word.

Harry was waking up as he heard coughing and opened his bright green eyes to see his new family entering his room just like they had done with Draco two months ago. He was one year old today!

Draco, who was walking on his own, ran on his chubby legs towards his brother, handing Harry his present as their parents started singing Happy Birthday.

Xander watched the scene and suddenly noticed how much Harry resembled Lily in both looks and mannerisms. The look on his face when he wanted something or how he would sit and wait until someone asked him what he wanted was just like Lily.

Draco had been watching William carefully as the older boy was now using a potty instead of a diaper. Draco wanted to be a big boy like William so he wanted to use the potty, too. So William together with Angel started teaching Draco how to use the potty.

Harry wasn't at all interested in the potty, but wanted William's toys much to William's chagrin. He would look at William and then start pointing and babbling at his older brother. William after much coaxing from his parents would then give the toy to Harry to play with it carefully. Since little boys were never known to be careful, Angel was always buying toys for his "careful" sons.

"This your cake," William gleefully said to Harry as he showed the small boy the birthday cake.

Harry stared at the cake covered with red and green dots with one candle on top of it. He pushed one finger into the cake only to pull it out and stare at his finger. The boy squealed with delight as Xander licked his finger clean. Harry repeated his actions with another finger and his squealing echoed through the hotel as Angel mimicked Xander's actions.

Draco was jealous and wanted that as well. He pushed his fingers into the cake and presented them to his parents.

Angel noticed the jealous look on the small boy's face before taking the cake-smeared fingers in his mouth, earning himself a loud squeal in his ear.

Xander quickly cut the cake before there was nothing left and returning the rest of the cake to Harry and Draco who played with the cake instead of eating it.

Several flashes and pops were heard in the lobby and they all turned around to see that the rest of their extended family had arrived with a guest.

"Abus!" William called out as he saw the old man appear. The toddler ran towards his third grandfather and jumped to be caught in Albus' arms.

"Hello William, how are you this fine morning?" Albus asked as he smiled at Harry and Draco's older brother.

"Hello, D'Hoffryn, Blue, Blus, Minerva, Hagrid," Angel greeted the group as he walked slowly towards Xander. He was holding Draco and Harry by the hand as he walked with them. Harry was still having trouble with his balance when he tried to walk alone and Draco just liked holding Angel's hand.

"How is my grandson?" D'Hoffryn asked as his grandson came running towards him.

"I good," William answered before playing with the demon's beard.

The stranger watched from a distance, seeing how both Harry and Draco were receiving the love and care they both needed. He still didn't understand why he was here. Albus brought him here to see his godson. The boy was happily walking with what appeared to be his new 'mother' as the dark haired man observed the heavily pregnant vampire.

"Xander, Angel, I want you to meet Severus Snape, the best Potions Master of Europe and Draco's Godfather," Albus introduced calmly.