RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +







Story Notes:
Spoilers: Up to Harsh Light of Day.

This has a different history starting from The Zeppo in season three. Spike/Xander relationship is already started in this one. This is going to have some dark themes, so if you’re looking for a fluffy Mpreg this is not the place to be.



*~*~*~*~*


Revelations

“It’s not something new Giles, we’ve been mated since last August, and you guys just never noticed.”

He watched the different emotions flicker across the faces of the people he cared most about. Giles looked shocked yet fascinated and Xander almost laughs to himself. The older man was such a Watcher.

Willow, dear, sweet almost-sister. Willow looks guilty and calculating all at once. He can see her look at how they are standing, Spike holding him close as if he was precious, and she starts a smile. He knew he could count on Willow.

But it’s Buffy who’s reaction he’s been most afraid of all this time, and he could tell he was going to be right. All he can see is hurt and anger in her eyes.

“What ever happened to hating vampires Xander, huh? You always hated mine and Angel’s relationship and now you’re getting it up the ass from Spike? Who’s tried to kill us more than once? You’re insane!”

Spike’s arms tightened around his boy and both vampires hissed at the girl. Xander’s there before they are this time and Spike can’t help but feel proud at how his boy is standing up for himself.

“Okay number one this is so different from Angel it isn’t even funny. Number two, can’t someone grow up just a little and change his mind about things? Don’t get me wrong, I still can’t stand Deadboy, but this time it’s not just because he’s a vampire, it’s because he’s a horse’s ass. And Number Three, you’re not my mother, you can’t tell me what to do or who to love, so get over yourself!”

By the end of his speech, he was straining against Spike’s hold, wanting to attack this woman he had thought was his friend. Okay, so he kept their mating a secret, it wasn’t that big of one, if they would have at anytime asked what was going on in his life, he had promised to tell them.

But Buffy and Willow had been so busy with college and Giles with his mid-life crisis or whatever it was that had been plaguing the Watcher. Xander thought that Oz knew, with his werewolf nose, but the quiet boy had never said and Xander never asked.

“Perhaps we should all sit and talk about this calmly and…”

“Fuck calm Giles, he’s standing there with an unchipped Spike and Drusilla. He’s either with them or with us, he can’t do both.”

“Bullshit Buffy, I’ve been both for a while now. Where do you think I got the explosives that blew the Mayor sky high, Big and Small Lots? Spike here helped me out and we weren’t even lovers yet. Hell, you think I was able to stop Faith when she tried to kill me all by myself. I would have died if it wasn’t for Spike coming out of hiding where he was stalking me and saved me.”

“Good Lord!” Giles takes off his glasses and pinches the bridge of his nose while Willow shakes her head.

“He… he was stalking you Xander?”

“Yeah Wills, but not in a bad way by that point. It’s a vampire thing, it’s cute.”

“M’not cute Xander, I’m evil.”

”So not helping Husband-Mine, and yes you are cute, get over it already.”

Spike just smirks at his lover, the comment did what he had intended it to do, make Red smile just a bit and drain some of the anger out of his boy. By then, he could feel Xander swaying and he knew it was time to wrap up this Hellmouth version of Jerry Springer and get them hidden for the day.

“Right then, now you know and knowing is half the battle and all that crap. We need to get hidden before the Slayer’s boy and his friends find us and take us to task for not accepting their hospitality. Dru love, Dru!” He shouts to get his Sire’s attention, she’d been singing to herself while standing in front of Finn. “Dru love, see what you can do about his memories, make sure he doesn’t remember us, alright? Can you do that?”

“Spiders in his brain, scuttling across the surface of the water. Pick one out and squish it, watch him twist.”

Spike cocks his head to the side and watches as she rouses the man enough to look in her eyes as she speaks to him softly. She must think she can do it, he figures, either that or she’s going to stomp the soldier flat, either way he didn’t care as long as no one knew he’d found the escapees.

“We’ll call you tomorrow. Red, I’ll need some help from you especially, I’ll explain tomorrow. Meanwhile, I’m taking my boy somewhere to rest. Don’t worry, we’ll take Dru with us and she’ll be a good girl, won’t you, Princess.”

“Mustn’t upset the kittens right now or they’ll cry and there will be no milk.” She finished with Riley and walks up to Xander, holding out her hand. Xander looks at him and all Spike can do is shrug and watch as Xander holds her hand like she’s a little girl he’s got to keep track of. What little tan Xander had before being captured has faded and they look beautiful together, both tall and dark and pale. His future and his past.

“No! We are not helping you Spike! If they’re after Xander too, well I’m sorry I’ll help him but not the gruesome twosome! Is no one else freaked that Xander’s in some weird vampire group sex thing?”

“Buffy! While I might not approve of Xander’s choices, the truth is that it’s too late. We-we simply can’t let them fall into the Initiative’s hands just because you don’t approve…”

“Approve! Hell I should just stake them both and then Xander won’t be in this mess any longer.”

“Stop it Buffy, just stop it! Look at him! He’s hurt and tired; Spike and Drusilla are the only things keeping him standing right now. I knew he wasn’t dead, Tara told me not to give up but I listened to you! Now I’m going to help my friend and support him and if you don’t like it, well that’s just tough!”

“But Willow, he tried to kill you last year when he kidnapped you! How can you forget that? He’s a killer, he’ll only hurt Xander!”

“Right now Buffy, the only thing I see hurting Xander is you, perhaps you should think on that. Spike, the three of you are welcome to stay here for the day if you think it will be safe. I believe between Willow and I, we should be able to ward the house for a short period of time. Perhaps Willow can run and get you any supplies you need once it’s dawn. That would help you three keep a low profile until we figure out how to… what to do.”

Spike watches the group as it shifts from its usual, supporting the Slayer no matter what, to Xander for once. He knows for a fact that the Watcher would as soon stake him as look at him, but because of Xander he’s offering a roof and a bed. He wasn’t that surprised by Red’s reaction, in fact he’d bet the little girl wouldn’t want to leave his mate’s side if she could.

But the Slayer, she was reacting exactly as Xander had said she would. Her scent told a story of anger, resentment, and jealousy.

“No way Giles! I can’t believe you of all people are supporting this!”

“Buffy, it’s done, if you don’t like it that’s your problem, but I am Spike’s Consort, nothing you can do will change that and I won’t let you even try.”

All through the fight, Xander had been trying to get a hold of himself; it wasn’t fair to Willow and Giles if he didn’t say anything to protect his lover. She had been the main reason they had stayed quiet, he had hoped that they would get to know Spike as a person and not just a vampire while the chip was in place, but Buffy never even tried to look at the personality that was Spike, she just saw the killer.

“And what are you going to do Xander? Throw doughnuts at me?”

“Pretty Lion has blood on the sands Slayer, claw out your eyes to make you see. Toy soldier, kitten and puppy in one, my Lion’s jaws can snatch your neck make it crush. Shouldn’t push, or he’ll go away and you’ll never get to meet the dark that’s coming. The stars sing of the dark and how it will save the light one day.” Drusilla had never let go of his hand, but had switched to her demonic face and danced at the end of his arm.

“That’s it, I’m staking ‘em!” Buffy rushed forward and Giles stepped in front of her.

“You’ll do no such thing. Go home, get some rest and we’ll… we’ll discuss this further once everyone has had some rest. I take it you three will be staying?”

“Sure mate, as long as we can have a bed instead of the bathtub this time.” Spike smirked at the Watcher, unable to pass at annoying the man just a little.

A half hour later found Xander asleep in the guestroom, Drusilla sitting by the bed crooning to his Consort while Spike kept watch from a window for any soldiers. He didn’t really want to stay where they’d be so easily found, but he knew Xander couldn’t go on.

The slayer had taken her boy toy home after he made sure the soldier knew nothing. The woman had promised no help, but that she wouldn’t say anything either. Somehow he had a hard time believing her though, they’d have to get out of Sunnydale quickly.

A soft step on the stair alerted Spike to a presence but he relaxed when he found only Willow’s scent. He quietly slipped out the door into the halfway and met her halfway up the stairs.

“Spike? I…I can’t sleep and you said that you’d need my help for something and well I thought I’d try to get a start on it. I mean I can go and get Xander a change of clothes or some food or get you some blood. I know you can bite now but I don’t think it’s a good idea right now if the army guys will be looking for you.”

“Wow Red, now I know how you kept up with my boy for all those years. Is not breathing while babbling a Sunnydale trait?”

The girl blushed and Spike let up on the teasing. Leading her back downstairs and setting her on the couch, he sat back and really looked at her.

“Listen Red, Willow, what I’m going to tell you, you can’t tell anyone, not the Watcher, not the Slayer, not anyone.”

“Not even Tara? We’ve gotten really close while you were-were gone. She’s the one who helped me keep hoping we’d find Xander.”

“Would you trust her with your life and Xander’s?”

“Yes.”

Spike just looked into the girls green eyes, noticing the set of her jaw. It was what Xan called her Resolve Face.

“Okay pet, I’ll trust your judgment on her, but know this. As much as Xander loves you lot, if what I’m about to tell you gets round neither one of you will live. Not a threat Red, a promise. It’s that important.”

She nodded and swallowed. Spike leaned forward so no listening equipment that might be trained on them would hear. It was only paranoia if there wasn’t anyone out to get you.

“Need you to hack, or whatever it is you do, into the Initiative’s computers. They did some experiments on Xan, cut him open like. I need you to find out what they did and destroy anything about us. Can you do that, Red?”

Her lips had thinned at the thought of her friend being hurt. She nodded. “I can do that, I’ll get back to you as soon as I’ve found something.”

“Red? From what little I know it’s a bit out there pet, just don’t say anything, got it?”

“Got it.”

****

Eight hours later and Xander was beginning to think he might get back to normal sometime soon. Sleep followed by food was always of the good. Now if only he could get Spike to rest. The vampire had been on guard all day, and now that Giles was awake the two were arguing about the fact that they were leaving Sunnydale. Evidently Giles wasn’t going to wig over their relationship as long as he was around to make sure Xander stayed breathing.

Xander, in the meantime, was trying to keep his lover’s Sire from eating said Watcher or do anything else too weird. He was glad the vampire liked him, but he did not want to have another tea party with her and Miss Edith, or play with Miss Edith or any of the weird things Dru kept asking of him. He finally gave up and asked Miss Edith for her opinion of where the stars think they should go. Vampire and doll were now in conversation in a corner of the living room.

He stood and listened as the Giles and Spike argued. Giles was adamant that the soldiers would stop looking for them and they would be able to slip back into their normal lives, well normal for them. Spike on the other hand was taking no chances; he wanted them out of town as soon as possible. Xander had tried to intervene, agreeing with Spike but he had grown tired of arguing with his father figure. He knew they would be leaving. He hated leaving Willow behind, but it had to be done, not only would the Initiative be after them, but Buffy was on the warpath as well. If they stayed, either Spike or Buffy would end up dead.

Leaving Spike and Giles to their British swear-word-a-thon, Xander wanted desperately to go outside and sit in the sun before it set in an hour or so, but he settled for sitting near a window looking out, keeping watch. He hated being trapped and after weeks of being inside it grated on his nerves, but he knew going out would be idiocy right now.

After a few minuets of watching, he saw Willow come up the walkway, lookin behind her shoulder. As soon as she was at the door he opened it and let her slip in before closing and redoing the locks.

“Hey Wills.”

“Xander, you look better. Where’s Spike?”

“He’s getting all bloody and blimey and wankery with Giles in the kitchen right now, they’ll be back in here fussing in a minute.”

“Xander, why didn’t you say anything? I would have understood, look at me, here I am being understanding Willow.”

Xander put his arm around his friend and pulled her close. “You gotta understand Willow, I was just so afraid that Buffy would kill him outright, I can’t live without him and it’s not just because of the Consort bond. Hell, I wouldn’t want to live without him. I just thought that if I told you, you’d have to choose between me and Buffy or I’d have to choose between my friends and my lover. If that ever happened, I knew you wouldn’t like my choice. Then the chip happened, and while I hated it, hated what those bastards did to him, I kinda hoped it would give you a chance to get to know Spike as a person, not just a killer. Besides, with the chip he’d have no chance of defending himself, so we just couldn’t take that chance. Understand?”

“I guess. I mean, it was hard for me to tell Buffy and Giles about Tara. But no more secrets mister! I mean it!”

“Yes Ma’am! So you’re not mad?”

“If we had more time I would be, but we don’t so I’ll wait till you guys are safe to be mad.”

Xander took a deep breath. “Here Wills, you gotta see this.” He pulled up his shirt and there, above his heart, was the tattoo they’d had done by a sorceress.

“Ooh what a great Celtic Knot, I don’t think I’ve seen that design before, and wow, red.”

“Umm, yeah, it’s designed specially for me, for us. It binds my soul to me permanently, no worries about perfect happiness or anything. The red, well it’s blood magicks, tying me not only to my soul, but to Spike.”

“Oh. Oh so that means that… he’ll turn you?”

“One day, yes. Does that bother you? I’ll still have my soul, Wills, and you’ll always be my girl. And you did say no more secrets.”

“It’s just weird, to think that you’ll be all grrr and biting and stuff. You really do love him, don’t you?”

“Yeah, I do.”

“Okay then, what’s going to happen in the future, well this will make it easier. I found out what they were doing to you to get you that.” She pointed at the scar on his midsection. “And can you please put your shirt back on, I so don’t need Spike getting all possessive and growly at me for seeing you without one. Jeez, looking back on things I don’t know how I missed it, no wonder you hated me after that ‘My Will Be Done spell’.”

“Yeah, well I’ve got other things to worry about now and I know you didn’t mean it. Do another spell on my vampire, though, and I’ll have to show Tara those pictures of you playing Rudolph in the second grade Christmas play.”

“Xander! You wouldn’t dare!”

“Married to the evil undead Wills, not much I won’t dare!”

Suddenly he found himself in a crushing grip of his best friend and she was all but sobbing. “Hey Wills, it’s okay, I won’t show the pictures, promise.”

“It’s not that, you’re gonna have to leave to protect… for your protection and I’m just going to miss you so much and so much will change for you and I won’t be able to help you at all!”

During this speech Spike and Giles had come back in. Spike sat down next to Xander and looked at the girl that meant so much to his mate.

“Here now Red, we’ll find some way of talking to you. Xander will need that. Did you get that information I asked for?”

She sniffed and sat back up. “Yes, and well, do you want Giles to know? I haven’t told Tara yet even. I love her, but this…we need to protect Xander.”

“Hey now, I can kinda protect myself you know, I’m not the Zeppo anymore, haven’t been for a while now.”

“You just sit there and be good Xander, you’ll need protection if you…Spike?” She looked at Giles with a question in her eyes.

“Oh, bloody hell, all right. Maybe this will convince the Watcher of why we need to leave this Hellhole.”

Willow straightened up and pulled out her laptop. “I have everything coded on these disks Spike, you’ll need the information if…well just if. A virus and a spell have wiped everything on the Initiative’s computers, so nothing of this research remains here in Sunnydale. I can’t be certain about other facilities, and there are more, the Initiative is just one branch of this secret organization. I’ll have to do some more hacking and research, I just got the basics. Evidently, the government has been playing God for years now, using different methods to create the ultimate super weapon or super solider. Some of the files I’ve found date back to scientists back from Germany in the 1940’s.”

“In the 1980’s and 90’s there was work on a something codenamed Saint Francis. The scientists used genetic manipulation and what they knew of DNA to create two weapons, one turned out to be monstrous, human intellect but worse than some demons I’ve seen with the maiming and killing routine. They called it the Outsider because it was outside of humanity. Their other weapon was what looked like a simple dog, but with enhanced mental capabilities. The dog was smarter than some humans. Eventually, the whole thing blew up in their faces, their weapons escaped and the Outsider killed the dog before being killed himself.”

Everyone looked both fascinated and disgusted by what the witch was saying, and Spike couldn’t help but fear what they’d done to Xander, what he was pregnant with. He wrapped his arms around his mate and all but pulled him into his lap.

The girl continued. “There are other projects, I haven’t tracked them all down yet, one of them was to develop genetically enhanced humans, make them into something like Carrie from that Stephen King book with the mind powers and all. From what I can tell, that’s backfired on them too. Then we come to Professor Walsh. She’s my teacher for God’s sake; I don’t know how I’m going to be able to look at her! Walsh worked at both projects and another further up the coast here in California, I haven’t figured out what they’ve done there. Then Walsh found out about demons and the like and figured that demons were the way to create the perfect weapon.”

“She had a project. 314, a sort of Frankenstein’s monster made up of demon parts, human and computers. It didn’t work, though, so she started working on cloning.”

Here she took a deep breath and Spike could see her look at Xander from the corner of her eye. “They figured that they could create a demon/human hybrid, vampire/human specifically. The speed, strength, stamina. All the best parts of the demon with none of the disadvantages like sunlight and holy water. Something sorta like out of the movie Blade.” She added, noticing the dazed look in Xander’s eye.

“My god, these people are fools! They have no idea what they’re doing! Is it not enough that their experiments keep on backfiring, they have to make even more mistakes?” Giles took off his glasses and pinched the bridge of his nose. Xander could identify with the man, all that info in such a short time left his head hurting as well.

“There’s more, Giles. I-I have all the information here. See they made a successful hybrid, but the surrogate mothers never carried to term, evidently the child was too strong for a human female to carry, and well they figured out just a couple days ago when they were watching Spike and Xander that the fetus would need blood. They couldn’t use the vampires as a surrogate, because they weren’t living, so they, they decided to use human males as surrogate mothers, using an artificial womb and implants in the arms to provide all the necessary hormones once a series of shots were given.”

Oh god, Xander thought, he just knew this wasn’t going to be good. “Please Willow, please don’t say what I think you’re going to say.”

Before Willow can respond, Drusilla gets up from where she’d been sitting in the floor with Giles’s best tea set that Xander had given her to play with. “The dark will be coming and it’ll be so sweet, don’t worry my boys, Grandmum will take care of things, make sure the tin toys don’t follow with their sharps. Miss Edith says I’m to learn new lullabies. Must hurry though, I killed the spider but the golden girl has given him another and she’s calling on the angels to hurt my boys, hunt them down. The Tree and her Light will help me, must use a cloak to hide the kitten. Oh the stars sing of the little dark!” With that she started spinning in place.

Xander couldn’t look at her, didn’t want to think of it. “No, no, it’s can’t be, that’s…it’s something out of a bad movie.”

Willow looked up at him, her green eyes wide. “I’m sorry Xander, it’s true. The fetus is about a month old, but you’ve only been implanted for two weeks. You’re pregnant.”