RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


During the last three months John felt more and more like he swallowed a very active house. He felt huge by the time he was nine months, and he was never alone. Either Red, Abe, or Liz was with him at all times. He really appreciated it, but at times it bugged the hell out of him. He wanted nothing more than to have the baby born so he could be alone for even a few minutes, but knew that that's when it was going to get worse. So when he woke from a nap to find Liz asleep in the chair next to his bed he carefully got up and snuck out to walk down the hall letting out a sigh enjoying the peace and quiet of being alone. But it was short lived.
. .
"Babe, what are you doing?" Red asked rushing to his side wrapping an arm around his waist.
"I feel like I'm being smothered. I just need some time alone."
Red sighed but smiled.
"Ok how about this, we go and grab two locators. That way if you need me all ya got to do is call?"
"That's be great. I love you," John said with a smile pulling Red down for a kiss.
"I love you to babe. Come on?"
"Sure."
Two hours later Abe found Red sitting reading a book holding his locator.
"Red?"
"Hmm?"
"Where is John?"
"He needed some time alone. So I grabbed our locaters and while I'm waiting for a call from him I'm readin."
"I can see that, but where is he?"
"In the library."
"Maybe I should check on him?"
"Nah. . ."
[ Hay Red? ]
"Yeah babe?"
[ I think. . . OH GODS! I think it's time!]
"Abe and I'll be right there. Hold on," Red said and they rushed to the library to find him leaning over with his forehead resting on the table.
"Let's get you to the lab," Abe said and they rushed him there.
~ ~ ~ Fifteen minutes later.
"What's going on?" Liz asked walking in the outer lab to find Clay and Manning sitting in two chairs looking worried.
"It's happening," Clay said.
"You mean John's having the baby now?"
"Yep."
"But?"
"It's ok Liz, Red and Abe got him to the lab within a few minutes of when it started," Clay said.
"AH! OH GODS!" John screamed.
Liz tensed looking as if she was going to run in, but Clay stopped her.
"It's ok. Abe said John would scream and yell."
"Why?"
"Well, he's not made to give birth right, so it's going to be hard on him."
"Oh," Liz said wrapping her arms around herself while biting her lower lip.
~ ~ ~
"Abe?" Red asked worried.
"Almost there. . . the baby is out."
"Well?" Red asked both worried and anxious.
"It's a boy. Would you like to cut the umbilical cord?" Abe asked looking up at Red with a smile.
"Yeah," Red said and did getting his first view of his son and smiled. Abe quickly cleaned him gently laying him in the incubator then took care of John making sure he was ok.
"Hmm, Red?" John asked sounding exhausted.
"Yeah babe?"
"Is it over?"
"Yeah it's over."
"Oh good. . . gods I'm so tired. . . boy or girl?"
"Boy. Want to see him before you take a nap?"
"Too tired," he said and fell asleep.
"Abe?"
"He'll be fine Red. He really needs to sleep."
Once Abe was sure John was fine he then returned to the baby.
Red moved over and looked down at his son and smiled.
"He's perfect," he said softly.
"He will have a tail. Not as long as yours, but he will have one."
"No horns?"
"No, just the tail."
"Well, I'm sure he can deal with that."
"Yes I'm sure he will. Want to hold him?"
"Sure," Red said and carefully took his son cradling him in his arms.
"Have you both decided on a name?"
"Not really."
"Oh?"
"Well, with not knowin what we'd have we thought to wait."
The next morning John woke and for a moment he panicked not feeling the baby moving then saw that next to his bed was an incubator. He breathed a sigh of relief then tensed hearing his baby cry.
"Well, good morning. Want to hold him?" Abe asked with a smile moving to the incubator and lifting him.
"Yeah," John said holding his arms out.
"I'll bring the formula," Abe said and left to return with the bottle. John smiled down at his son and just watched him drinking. He was perfect.
"He's perfect," he said in a soft voice.
"Red said the same when he held him."
"Where is he?"
"Sleeping finally. I had to order him to get some rest."
"Must have been some sight?"
"Yes it was. Feel up to visitors?"
"Sure."
Liz and Clay walked in smiling seeing him holding his baby.
"Hay, how are you feeling?" Liz asked softly moving to look down at the baby.
"Not that bad really considering."
"Well that's good."
"You should have seen Red. He was nearly asleep on his feet as Abe forced him to get some rest," Clay said with a smile moving to John's other side.
"I'm sure it must have been some sight."
"Yep. He's cute," Clay said smiling looking down at the baby.
"Don't say that around Red."
"Why?"
"I don't think he'd want his son to be thought of as cute."
"Well. . . all babies are cute."
"Even Red was cute as a baby," Liz said.
"Nah I wasn't cute. Now John here had to have been cute as a baby. So he gets it from him," Red said as he walked in.
John just smiled to look up and received a tender kiss from Red.
"Everything ok babe?"
"Fine."
"So what color are his eyes?" Clay asked as he sat on a chair.
"I'm not sure," John said then grinned as his son opened his eyes and looked up at him as he pulled the bottle away to burp him.
"Well?"
"Green. Normal looking green."
"That's cool," Red said with a grin.
"Dark brown hair, green eyes, and more than likely looking as if he has a permanent tan. I think he'll have no problems," John said with a smile moving him back down letting him drink again.
"He'll have a tail too babe," Red said shifting to get comfortable.
"Really?"
"Yep."
"Well, he'll be popular," he said with a smile.
"Too true," Red said and grinned thinking of all the fun he had with his tail.
The End. . .