RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


Hellboy kicked opened the heavy metal doors to the Health Ward effortlessly with the heel of his boot. Held close to his chest was John. The young agent remained unresponsive in his hold and appeared to be barely breathing. "C'mon Squirt," Hellboy mumbled desperately to himself, "stay with me here. Don't leave me…" The quiet mantra was repeated over and over again under the demon's breath as he hurried his precious package through the wide, sterile halls.

Abe ran beside him matching him step for step. He steered Hellboy into an unoccupied operating room and ordered the nearby nurses to prepare the screening monitors and IV units.

"Agent is down, possibly due to traumatic shock," Abe informed his staff. "Start me up with point two milligrams of epinephrine. I will also need a saline drip and an epinephrine drip for backup." The medical crew moved about to efficiently perform their tasks. Meanwhile, the merman glanced over at his large friend, who was currently giving the orderlies grief. "Red," Abe admonished. "Let the men do their jobs and put John down onto the table."

"Forget it," Hellboy growled. If anything, he held the human even closer to his body.

"Hellboy," Abe said firmly. "Let John go." He walked right up to the red demon and stared him straight in his yellow eyes. "Hellboy," he said again. "If you do not let him go then I will not be able to perform on him. I must attend to John and the baby."

It slowly dawned on Hellboy what his friend was saying and very reluctantly his grasp on his lover slackened ever so slightly. The orderlies took this opportunity to take the fallen agent away from Hellboy and carefully laid the body onto the table. When they began to tie down the man's limbs with wide straps of leather, Hellboy protested loudly.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" he demanded as he stood up to his full height of 6'9". "Why are you strapping him down?" He moved to his lover's side and was about to rip apart the holds when Abe quickly stepped up to him and held him back with a simple push of the hand. There was no force needed, just the serious gaze of his expression was enough to make Hellboy pause.

"It is only a precautionary, Red. As sick as John is at the moment, please remember that he is still in his Felesdaemn form. Until we can normalise his condition we must assume that his actions will be unpredictable."

"Why don't you just stick the antidote into him and take care of that problem?"

"Unfortunately, I am not certain if John's physiology can handle a sudden shift in physical and chemical change at this time. I am going to play on the side of caution and wait until we get his condition stabilised first before dealing with his transformation. So until then, I am afraid that the straps stay."

Hellboy was breathing hard and tried to calm himself down. "Blue, look at him.

He's not going to hurt anyone. I'll stay here and make sure of that," he beseeched.

"I am sorry, Hellboy." Abe gently, but firmly, began to push him towards the door. "I can not allow you to stay in this room at this time. You must wait outside like everyone else. I can not afford to make any mistakes and in your emotional state you may compromise what goes on in here."

Red sputtered and begged and pleaded. Then he growled and snarled and threatened. But to no avail, he soon found himself out in the waiting area with the metal door slammed shut in his face. In disbelief, he listened to the sound of the heavy lock on the other side of the door engaged into place. And cursed, did he ever.

>>>>>

After taking a long breath of relief, Abe stepped away from the door and accepted the clear syringe that was given to him by a nurse. "That's point two of the epi," she confirmed.

He nodded and tapped lightly at the inside of Myer's wrist. Carefully he inserted the tip of the needle into the faintly blue vessel of a vein and injected the vasodilator into the man's bloodstream.

"BP is slowly rising," another nurse announced. "Heart rate is at 65… 67… 70…

He's plateau'd at 73."

"That appears to be working for now," Abe said. He took a small penlight and pried open John's eyelids to direct the small beam into the pupils. They constricted from the sudden light source, which pleased the merman. "What is his BP at currently?" he asked.

"It's reached only about 90 over 60."

"Hook him up to the saline bag and put him on an epi drip for the time being. Once his BP hits his norm please remove the drip." Abe pulled aside the last remaining shreds of what was left of the agent's shirt and applied some gel onto the man's bare abdomen. "I am going to take an ultrasound of the fetus while he's out. Please prepare the sound head for me."

As one of the nurses hooked an IV to John's arm, another prepped up the required equipment for the ultrasound. Once the fuzzy images cleared up slightly, Abe stared at the black and white screen with a look of disbelief. Uncertain if he was seeing things, he moved the sound head to another angle for a better view. The new imaging did not clear things up for him.

While he pondered over this new bit of information, one of the nurses glanced over his shoulder to see what was so puzzling. She glanced down at the file she held, which contained all of Myer's health records, and did a double look at the ultra- screen. "Is this record correct?" she asked incredulously as she waved at the file.

"Yes," Abe murmured as he moved the sound head to yet another angle. "I recorded the information down myself. This is very remarkable," he mused.

The other nurse stood next to them to see what the new commotion was about. As she looked down at the screen, then compared it to the records, the same look of confusion appeared on her face. "That's odd," she commented.

"Indeed," Abe solemnly agreed.

>>>>>

Hellboy glared through the glass pane of the operating room and controlled his urge to break through the thick panel. Instead, his foot tapped impatiently at the ground and his tail twitched in agitation. Sitting on a fine line of wrath and fear, he watched as Abe and two other aides moved around the pale figure on the bed.

A bag of a saline solution was hooked up through an IV to Myer's left arm, and several more wires were attached to his chest and temples. The monitor sitting on the right of the patient bleeped with readings of BP, EEG and EKG. Hellboy could see the green numbers on the black screen clearly though the glass panel, but had no frickin' clue what they meant.

"What's going on?"

Hellboy scowled when he realised whom it was that stood all to closely next to him. "John somehow changed back into his demonic form when we were dealing with that Lilith demon. He was held captive and Blue thinks that he might've undergone some physical injury to the baby. They've been in there for…"

"What? Myers is a demon again?" Manning interrupted and glared hard through the glass. "Should we have those aides in there?"

"The man is strapped down for God's sake," Hellboy growled.

The Director still seemed antsy about the idea. "Shouldn't they be feeding him the antidote or something?"

"They will as soon as they have his condition stabilised," Hellboy slowly gritted between his teeth. "Trust me, Myers is no threat to anyone."

Manning made a sound of disbelief but spoke no more of it. "I trust the mission was a success then?"

Hellboy grunted an affirmative, having decided that he'd spent too much energy conversing with the man already. Instead, he returned his attention to his lover and perked up when he realised that Abe and his two assistants were coming out of the room. "How's John?" he demanded when Abe had no more than opened up the door. Hellboy moved to fit through the door but the merman stopped him.

"His condition is stable for the moment, his body went into shock and he seems to be responding well to the dose of epinephrine I have administered. The IV will ensure that his body recovers the fluid that he had lost and he should be well by tomorrow."

"Will you be giving him an antidote for the transformation?" Manning asked. Hellboy glared warningly at him; the man was starting to rip away at his last nerve.

Abe nodded. "As soon as John's vital readings become satisfactory once more I shall inject a dose of the serum into his system."

"So can I see him now?" Hellboy wanted to know. He was anxious to get to his lover's side.

"In a moment. I have something I need to tell you first."

"Is it something that I'll need to know as well?" Manning questioned. "If not, I have other things I need to attend to."

"No, it really only concerns Hellboy," Abe told him. The older man nodded and quickly exited the health ward. "It is about the baby," Abe continued.

Hellboy paused and stopped breathing. "What about it?" he finally asked.

"The fetus caused a heavy influx of hormones to be produced, which was what caused John to transform into a Felesdaemn again…"

"Yeah yeah, you've already covered that," Hellboy prodded along. "Cut to the point already."

Abe pursed his lips but continued, "When I took an ultrasound of the fetus, it had grown exponentially from the last time we did an imaging, which was only two days ago. Originally we had determined the fetus to be roughly around 11 weeks along, but now it appears to be about 13 weeks or so."

"The baby's growing faster? So what does that mean?"

"As you know, a human male's body is not designed to undergo certain stresses, pregnancy being one of them."

"Uh huh."

"If the fetus continues to develop at this rate, John will be ready to deliver in 2 weeks instead of 4 months."

"Go on."

"I am hoping that once the antidote is working and John is back to his human state again the development will slow down."

"Okay."

"If not, I do not know if John's body will be able to cope."

Hellboy paused. "Exactly what are you getting at here Blue?"

"I just want you to be aware of the current scenario."

"But John will be okay right?" Hellboy persisted.

"If everything goes as I anticipate it will."

"Right," Hellboy mused slowly. He wasn't quite sure if he fully understood what Abe was telling him, and therefore not sure whether to be concerned or relieved. Meanwhile, Abe himself wondered if he should try to explain it again, in more simplistic terms. The two of them quietly pondered in silence when a faint hiss could be heard through the door. They both turned their heads towards the glass panel and saw John alert and well, thrashing about in his restraints. "I guess Kitty's up again." Hellboy followed the merman into the room, refusing to be locked out again, and rushed over to his lover's side.

>>>>>

He watched warily as two large figures entered the room and he hissed and screeched at them. If his arms were free he would have happily scratched their eyes out as well. When the larger of the two, the huge red one, approached closer, the hybrid sniffed delicately and recognised the scent of his mate.

Immediately, he stopped with his hissing and began to purr. His mate started to stroke his hair and he closed his eyes in contentment. He could feel the little one inside of him stir in its sire's presence.

When he suddenly felt a sharp prick on his arm, his eyes flew opened and he began his verbal assault on the other figure in the room. The blue one had a syringe piercing his flesh, injecting some clear serum into his system. His mate began to whisper soothing words into his ear, and he looked up with a wounded look, confused at what was going on. Soon, he felt his eyes begin to drop, heavy with sleep, and slumber took over.

>>>>>

John felt like crap. There was a small man with a jackhammer going at it inside of his head, and a fire burning behind his eyes. His whole body was sore and his throat was dry as a desert. He went to scratch his chest, and opened his eyes when he realised that he was strapped down.

"What the hell?" he muttered and looked up to see Red slumped over in a nearby chair, asleep. "Red," he yelled, trying to wake the demon up.

Hellboy snorted and jerked awake, nearly falling out of his chair in the process. Suddenly alert he frantically surveyed the room before his gaze settled on the agent. "'Scout, you're awake!" he exclaimed.

"Red, why am I tied to the bed?"

"You somehow transformed into a Felesdaemn again last night." Hellboy stood up and stretched, yawning loudly.

"I did?" John was in shock. He didn't realise that he still had the capability to change form. "What happened? What happened to Lilith? Did anyone get hurt? Where's Blue?"

"Calm down Squirt." Hellboy reached over and began to gently undo the leather straps. "We kicked ass, what can I say? You were great out there. My little Kitty… attacking the big mean demon with your claws and… Dammit!"

Hellboy rubbed the back of his head, wincing from the pain radiating back there. "You've been getting very abusive lately," he muttered to John, who was busy rubbing the circulation back into his limbs.

The man glared at the demon. "First of all, do not under any circumstances ever call me Kitty. And second, do not talk to me like I'm a five year old. I am not a child, and will not tolerate being treated as such."

"Mood swings again huh?"

"I am *not* having mood swings!" John screamed. Angry, he jumped off the bed, and immediately regretted it when he was hit with a dizzy spell. His head throbbed painfully and he instinctively reached out with his arms to steady his balance. A pair of strong hands wrapped around his waist and John leaned back into the hard body.

"Are you okay?" Red fretted as he steered the man back towards the bed.

"Yeah," he mumbled. "I guess I moved too fast."

Hellboy sighed, pulled John onto his lap and rubbed him soothingly. "You'd just had the snot beaten out of you, you were suffocated, and you were transformed back into a demon all in the last 12 hours. Please, John, I'm begging you to take it easy."

Myers rested his cheek against the warm chest and listened to Hellboy's heartbeat. He could hear it quicken slightly so he knew that his lover was scared. When he looked up he could see the concern written all over Hellboy's face. "Fine," he finally conceded. "I'll try to take things easy from now on."

"Promise?" Hellboy demanded.

"Yes," he muttered petulantly. "But just until the baby comes out," he warned.

"Who will take care of the child then?"

John stared at him, blinking in confusion. "What?"

"Who's going to baby-sit the kid? If you're off running around playing with guns, who's gonna take care of…"

"We'll cross that bridge once we get to it," John said dryly. Carefully, he removed himself off of Hellboy and stood on his own two feet. Once he was sure that he wasn't going to fall down, he walked over to the bathroom to relieve himself.

He pulled the elastic waist of the white pants down and aimed at the toilet. As he let go of a stream, John glanced down at the front of his abdomen and almost lost his aim. Quickly, he finished with his business and, after pulling his pants back up, he lifted the hem of his scrub top and stared disbelievingly at his stomach. "What the hell?"

Hellboy came rushing in at the cry and looked ready to do battle. "What is it?" he demanded. His yellow eyes scanned the small room for signs of danger.

"How the hell did my gut get so big? It was still flat last night!"

The red demon slapped his face in relief and looked to see what the fuss was about. It was true that Myer's abdomen had grown larger in the last 24 hours. What was once a very soft curve was now a definite lump. It was still easy to hide it underneath clothing, but there was now no denying Myer's pregnancy.

Hellboy brought his hand up to touch the warm skin of his lover, only to have it abruptly slapped away.

"Don't touch me," John growled and quickly pulled his top back down. He promptly sidestepped around the large demon and headed back into the room. The door was almost opened, when Hellboy materialised beside him.

"Where the hell do you think you're going?" Hellboy asked quietly.

"I'm going to find Blue and make him tell me what is going on with my body."

"I can tell you that."

John stared hard up at Hellboy. "Spill," he ordered.

>>>>>

Myers paced the small room from one end to the other. Red had clumsily explained the situation. John had listened in frustration as Hellboy stumbled along with the details of the pregnancy, the hormones, and the antidote. Just as John became thoroughly confused and ready to punch his lover out, Abe had appeared in time to soothe his nerves over. He definitely didn't like the thought of delivering the fetus in two week's time and hoped that the merman's final hypothesis was correct.

John had all of a matter of minutes to digest this information in when Manning unexpectedly dropped by. The Director had given him a brief look over and asked insincerely if he was alright, before proceeding to tell them that they were needed. Unexplained activity going on deep in the sewers was reported and required immediate investigation. With so much as a kiss and a hug goodbye, his two friends abandoned him.

He grunted in agitation. Not only had they not allowed him to go along on the mission, they had the audacity to lock him inside the room! Annoyed, John glared and kicked furiously at the door, only to wince in pain as his bare foot contacted the metal panel… hard.

"Goddammit!" he swore as he hopped around on his good foot. Quickly, he landed on the bed and rubbed his sore limb. "I hate this," he scowled. Once the sharp pain in his foot subsided, he fell back onto the mattress. In boredom, he stared up at the ceiling.

He wondered what the others were doing. He hoped that the mission wouldn't run into complications leaving Hellboy hurt. But what if they didn't plan well enough? Normally he was the one who developed the tactics… what if they missed an important piece of information? What if there was some vital factor they didn't account for? What if the mission goes all horribly wrong and Hellboy gets injured? Or worse, he ends up getting killed?

Myers realised that the boards on the ceiling looked blurry, and when he blinked he could feel drops of tears running down the sides of his face. Surprised, he wiped at his eyes with the back of his hand and saw that it was wet. Dammit, he hated these sudden mood swings. He couldn't wait until the pregnancy was finally over and done with.

Tired of feeling sorry for himself, John got up and walked over to the bathroom. He saw that his cheeks were flushed and his nose slightly pink so he rinsed his face with some cold water. Then, curious, he studied his body in the mirror. With the loose scrub he wore he couldn't even tell that there was a bulge in his abdomen. He turned to his left and then to his right, scrutinizing his profile.

Myers even went as far as extending his body backwards and thrusting his pelvis forward in an attempt to emphasise the belly. When he had seen enough, he straightened up and lifted the hem of his top. Looking into the mirror, he carefully stroked his belly and traced along the curve. Thoughtfully, he cocked his head to the side and gazed at what he was doing. In his head he imagined that it was Hellboy's red hand, instead of his own, that was caressing his skin.

Stroking the tight skin, John dreamily wondered about the unborn child. Will it be a sweet little boy or girl? And what will he or she look like? Will the child have any Felesdaemn attributes? And what about Hellboy's heritage? Of course, he can't forget that Hellboy had born from a human mother and was therefore technically a half demon. "Your just going to surprise the whole world when you come out aren't you?" he whispered at his belly.

Next, he wanted to experiment a little and grabbed a towel off of a nearby rack. John scrunched it up into a ball and shoved under his top, right over his abdomen. He raised an eyebrow at the weird sight he presented in the mirror. The agent wasn't sure he liked what he saw. Granted, the bulge under his shirt was uneven and lumpy.

When he heard a knock, Myers quickly pulled the towel out and threw it back onto the rack before the door opened. He turned to see a nurse coming in with a tray of food.

"Good morning, Agent Myers," the friendly woman greeted. She placed the plastic tray onto the side table and began to rearrange the pillows and linens on the bed.

"Morning," John said. He walked over to the bed and stared down at the tray in disappointment. It contained only a couple slices of toast, a cup of herbal tea and a glass of apple juice. There was also a small paper cup that contained a few colourful pills. He stared at the nurse in mild disbelief. "What's this?" he asked.

"Your breakfast," she chirped.

Myers eyed the dry looking toast again. "There's not really much to it," he commented.

The older woman moved around the room briskly to open up the curtains, letting the sunlight in. "Your lunch will be more substantial, Agent Myers. This is just to ensure that you don't get nauseous this morning."

He grabbed a slice and bit into it, washing it down with the clear juice. "Can I at least have a cup of coffee? I'm not a big tea drinker.

"Absolutely not," the nurse said adamantly. "Your caffeine intake will be limited throughout the duration of your pregnancy." She smiled at the look of forlorn that came across the young man's face. "You'll be able to have the odd cup of coffee every so often. No more than a cup every other day maybe. You just won't be receiving any of it while you're here that's all."

“’Scout… hey ‘Scout. Wake up babe.” John stirred awake at the softly spoken request and smiled when he saw Red grinning down at him.

“Hey,” he slurred sleepily. A kiss touched his lips and John sighed in bliss. “How did the mission go?” he asked.

“A walk in the park,” Hellboy snorted. “There was no creepy crawly monster there. It was a huge gator that someone had flushed down their toilet years ago.” He scoffed again. “I mean really, I have better things to do with my time.”

“Oh really? Like what?”

A large red hand slid under the blanket and slowly crept up his inner thigh. “Three guesses,” Hellboy leered and wiggled his eyebrows at the human.

His cock began to stir with interest. When fingertips brushed across the tip of his dick, the sensations he felt caused his eyelids to flutter. Hellboy kissed him again and John let him deepen the kiss so that they were tongue wrestling. The hand that had been so gentle on his organ before had found its way into his pants and was now pumping furiously at his hardened shaft.

John could feel an orgasm coming on, and when it did he was glad that Hellboy had his mouth covering over his to keep him from yelling. The last thing he wanted was for the nurses and orderlies to come running in at this moment. His back arched up off the mattress and his head was pushed into the pillow as thick cum spurted out of his piss slit. Hellboy continued his oral assault on his mouth and the hand job never once ceased.

He began to squirm. “Red,” he whimpered, managing to break away from the kiss for a second. “It’s too sensitive, you have to stop.” His lover did not heed his request and continued right on doing as he was before. “Please,” he tried again but was interrupted when Hellboy began to kiss him. Just as the sensations around his cock were about to reach the point of pain, the hand stopped and shifted to massage his testicles and stroke along his perineum.

As much as he was enjoying the attentions Hellboy was suddenly lavishing upon him, John couldn’t help but think that something was slightly off. He tried to push the demon away from him and to put some space between their bodies. But Hellboy was too strong and didn’t allow him to be distanced away for some reason. Just as John was about to vocally protest, a thick finger suddenly penetrated him with no preparation at all.

He gasped. The intrusion wasn’t exactly painful, it was just very unexpected. The finger began to thrust in a rhythmic pattern inside of him, and it wasn’t very long until a second finger was inserted. John turned his head to try to look at Hellboy’s face, but the demon had his face nestled into the crook of the human’s neck, intent on kissing and nipping at the tender skin in the area. John gasped louder, and instinctively spread his legs out wider when the fingers began to brush across his prostate. He could feel his cock begin to harden again, despite having just cummed only moments before.

Through the heady haze of sexual influence, John was just barely able to try to stop Hellboy again. “Please Red, stop,” he pleaded softly. The massage on his prostate gland kept him moaning and sighing in bliss, and his cock was already starting to weep precum. But the digits penetrating him were becoming more aggressive and the light nipping at his neck became deeper bites that began to hurt. His heart started to beat with fear and he knew that something was very wrong.

“Hellboy, please look at me,” he begged. The red demon ignored his pleas and continued to graze teeth along the tender flesh of his neck. At times John was absolutely certain that blood was being drawn.

As another uncontrollable wave of ecstasy came over his body, Myers felt himself shooting his cum once more. He bit down hard on his lower lip to try to muffle his cries, and tears began to track down the sides of his face. John tasted the saltiness of his tears, and the copper tang of blood. He licked his lower lip and discovered that he had accidentally bit down too hard and had cut himself open.

Without missing a beat, Hellboy finally stopped nipping at his neck only to pull the man’s wet cock out from his scrubs and wrap his mouth around it. The semen was roughly lapped up and the fingers up his ass continued still with their thrusting. As his cock was milked dry, sobs began to wrack his body. John couldn’t understand why Hellboy was being so cold and aloof during what should have been an intimate moment.

“Why?” John whispered. “Why are you doing this, Hellboy? Why are you doing this to us?” He breathed a small sigh of relief when the red demon finally stopped sucking on his over-sensitized dick, pulled fingers out of his ass and slowly began to raise his head to look at the man. When he finally made eye contact, the agent felt his breath catch in his throat and suddenly wished that he wasn’t looking at those blank white orbs that stared back at him. “Who are you?” he shakily demanded. Desperately, Myers covered himself up and tried to crawl backwards, creating more space between him and this new entity.

Without a word, Hellboy reached out with his stone hand and held John down to the bed by his throat. The struggling man reached up frantically to try to loosen the tight grip, as his breathing was severely restricted. He was unable to yell or cry out and helpless, he watched as the large figure of his lover loom over him.

The glowing white eyes that replaced Hellboy’s yellow ones eerily reminded him of Lilith. But it wasn’t this fact that made cold shivers run up his spine. It was the blank stare; the expressionless gaze that the red demon wore. Hellboy looked right through John with no signs of recognition. The facial muscles were slack and the bodily movements seemed almost robotic.

John was still weakened from the last bout of shock he had endured, and was no match against Hellboy’s superhuman strength. Defenseless, he involuntarily remained silent as a hand began to rip away his pants and roughly fondle his genitals. His thighs were kicked apart and more tears streamed down his face as he was once more penetrated forcefully with fingers.

As his prostrate was purposely bumped against, Myers could feel his cock begin to respond. Ashamed of his body’s betrayal at the violent treatment it was receiving, he closed his eyes and prayed that Hellboy would come to his senses and stop. After a few minutes had passed, it became apparent to John that Hellboy had no intention of stopping until he climaxed.

Every time the agent was close to coming, the large demon would back off and abruptly pull fingers out of the man’s ass. Once John’s dick wilted just slightly, the fingers were inserted in once more to assault his gland. This went on for many repetitions, until finally he was allowed his orgasm. Very little spewed out of his cock and the triggered nervous response was painful. As his body wracked with his climax, John didn’t notice that the hold around his throat was getting progressively tighter until he suddenly became very light headed. His vision started to blacken and the last thing he saw before he passed out were the bright white eyes of his lover.

>>>>>

Abe and Hellboy chatted amicably with each other as they casually made their way towards John’s room. They had just arrived at the Bureau a short while ago, and had already had a quick debriefing with Manning. Their latest field mission turned out to be nothing more than a walk in the park. A sewer snake, of gigantic proportions, had greeted them at the end of the tunnel deep below the city streets. Hellboy was currently trying to impose a new rule that his presence was not to be wasted on such ridiculous outings.

“All I’m saying is that if there’s no creepy monster bigger than six feet in height or length, I don’t want to have anything to do with it.”

“Red, that is unreasonable,” Abe chided. “Wait until John hears about that.”

“John won’t hear nothing,” Red assured him. “He’ll be too…”

A whole slew of nurses and doctors came rushing past them just then. One of them noticed Abe and stopped long enough to pull him alongside. When Hellboy realised that they were headed in the direction of his lover’s room, he hurried after them.

“What is going on?” Abe asked and gasped when he reached the window panel to the room the young agent was in. His eyes widened in horror as he watched the man convulse violently on the bed; hair wild with sweat, face flushed and eyes wet with tears. John looked like he was in a great deal of pain and appeared to be screaming.

As the door opened to let a couple of the nurses in, he could indeed hear the heart wrenching cries coming out from inside the room. “What is his status?” Abe demanded of a physician that was just coming out.

“About a half hour ago we recorded an increase in Agent Myers’ EEG. He appeared to be in a deep state of slumber so we figured that he was dreaming. Then shortly after, his BP and EKG started to rise as well. His physical state became more agitated and increasingly continued to worsen. We’ve tried everything we could to break him out of his sleep.” The doctor looked frazzled and glanced nervously at Hellboy intermittently throughout his diagnosis.

“I’m going in there,” Red growled and pushed his way into the room. Abe followed on his heels and rushed over to the side of John that wasn’t now occupied by the red demon. The merman grabbed a hold of the agent’s wrists and felt for the pulse. It was strong and rapid. Quickly, he mentally absorbed all the information that the doctor had told him and tried to come up with a plan of action.

Meanwhile, Hellboy grabbed a hold of both of John’s shoulders and tried to shake him awake. But the man only continued to tremble and moan in pain. Helplessly, he watched as his lover cried out in hurt, as if being tortured. Faintly, they could hear words that sounded like “Who are you?” whimpering from the agent’s lips.

John’s head whipped from side to side, and his hands suddenly reached up to grab around his own throat. The two stared in disbelief as they watched the man apparently struggle for breath.

“Blue, do something,” Hellboy begged. In desperation, he placed a hand on Myers’ forehead to soothe him, but quickly lifted his hand at the surprising heat that was radiating off of the skin. “He’s burning up,” he sharply retorted.

Abe placed his hand where Hellboy’s was earlier to confirm the statement. “His temperature is rising,” he mumbled to himself. “How can that be? Could he be fighting off a bacterial infection?”

“Blue, I said do something,” Hellboy repeated louder. John was whimpering out words of ‘no’ and ‘stop’ by now. But before Abe was able to do anything to help, Myers’ whole body suddenly arched up off of the bed, before landing down limply again. “What just happened?” Red demanded, his yellow eyes flickering across John’s face for signs of distress.

The merman had his mouth opened in confusion. One minute the man was struggling and the next he was sleeping peacefully once more. His eyes turned in the direction of the monitor screens and Abe saw that all the readings were dropping and stabilising. “I am not entirely sure, Red,” Abe managed to respond.

Meanwhile, John was beginning to stir awake. The medical staff that was inside the room was dismissed and the two stared down at the agent in anticipation. With a quiet groan, bright blue eyes finally blinked opened and settled on their faces.

Hellboy smiled down at his lover and reached out to touch him. But then, in a matter of seconds, Myers widened his eyes in fear and started to scream. The large demon froze in place as he watched the man literally scramble backwards in bed, desperate to put distance between them.

Abe, who had been standing on the other side of the bed, reached out for the agent when the human was threatening to fall out it. Startled at the sudden hands on his back, John jumped and glanced over his shoulder to see who it was. Upon seeing Abe’s familiar face, he rushed towards the merman and clung firmly to his side. “Please don’t leave me, Abe,” he begged frantically. John had his arms tightly wound around Abe’s waist, staring in apparent fear at Hellboy.

Confused and concerned, Abe placed his hands on John’s head and shoulders to rub soothingly. “John, I will not leave you,” he promised the man. “But please tell me what is going on. You are scaring us.”

“Evil,” he mumbled under his breath. “Hellboy… evil. He’s not him. He’s not him… not Red… not Hellboy. Evil.” Hellboy stared in confusion. He was heartbroken over John’s reaction to him. When he took a small step towards the two, the man began to scream again. “No! Stop! Stay back… not Red!”

“John,” Hellboy murmured quietly. “It *is* me. It’s Red…”

“Stay back!” Myers yelled. The distress in the young man was clearly evident and worsening with every step Hellboy tried to take.

“Red, maybe you should step out of the room,” Abe suggested. “I do not know what is going on here but we need to calm him down as soon as possible. His vitals are rising again and I am afraid of what this stress is doing to the baby.”

“But…”

“Now Red.” Abe had had enough and his voice brooked no room for argument.

Hellboy made a loud sound of disbelief and punched his fist into the wall in frustration. His temper tantrum dramatically calmed when he saw that he had punched a whole in the wall. This sudden pulse of violence caused John to tremble even more fiercely, his hands clutching even tighter around Abe. “Aw crap, I’m sorry,” Red earnestly apologised. Unable to stand the fact that he was the cause of Myers’ emotional distress, he mumbled another apology under his breath and quietly let himself out of the room.

It was only when the heavy metal door closed behind the red demon did John finally let out a small breath of relief. His hold on Abe never ceased, but his body was less tense. Abe sat down onto the bed, still making sure to cradle the man in his arms, stroking his back. Several minutes passed by before John was finally calm and silent. He stirred in Abe’s embrace and blinked up at the merman.

“Blue?” he mumbled.

“Yes?” Abe looked down at Myers’ eyes and saw that they looked relatively lucid. He next quickly eyed the monitor that John was still wired to and was glad to see the readings were steady. “How do you feel John?”

“Pretty tired. My head hurts a bit.” John sat up and released his hold on Abe. “What are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be out on an investigation?”

“We were done earlier than expected.” He stared intently at the man’s face for any signs of what happened earlier. “John, are you feeling alright?”

“Yeah, why?” John looked at him in confusion and then glanced around his surroundings. “Where’s Red? He’s not hurt is he?” He began to worry.

“No, please stay calm,” Abe assured him. “When we had arrived here about a half hour ago you were in quite a frantic state.”

“What do you mean?” Myers stared at his friend, a small frown developing between his eyes.

“Well, I am still trying to determine what had happened. But your vitals were almost off the chart, and you began to convulse and cry out in your sleep. When we were finally able to wake you up, you started becoming very distressed at the sight of Hellboy.”

“What?”

“You screamed whenever he came near you. You clearly did not want him in here. I had to send him out.” John widened his eyes and turned his head towards the glass panel in hopes that his large lover would be standing on the other side. To his dismay, there was no one there. “He punched that hole in the wall just prior to leaving,” Abe pointed out. Myers couldn’t remember or recall any of the events his friend was telling him, but there was all the physical evidence that he needed. The man gaped at the size of the opening made in the drywall.

He moved around, and to his embarrassment realised that the inside of his pants were wet and sticky. John blushed slightly when Abe asked him what was wrong. “Nothing important,” he mumbled.

“John,” Abe admonished. “What did I tell you about disregarding anything whether or not you believe is important?”

“It’s really nothing,” John insisted. “I just… I must’ve had a wet dream.” The man looked down at the blanket covering him in shame, unable to make eye contact with his friend.

“Recently?” the merman asked with a frown on his face.

“Yeah,” John mumbled quietly. “It hasn’t hardened yet I think.”

“That is odd. Are you certain?”

“Do we have to talk about this Blue?”

“I am sorry. I do not mean to dwell on such an embarrassing topic with you,” Abe apologised. “It is just that you appeared to be in a great deal of pain when I had arrived. Your emission must have occurred just before your ordeal began.” He quickly stood up and started heading towards the door without another word. At the last minute Abe stopped and glanced over his shoulder at the man. “Will you be okay?”

“Yeah, I’m going to have to take a shower though. Where are you off to in such a hurry?” Myers gathered the thin blanket around his waist, still self-conscious of his situation.

“I am going to review the security tapes for this room. There is something I suspect, and I am hoping that I am wrong.”

“What’s that?”

“I do not want to indulge the information just yet in the case that my theory is wrong. I shall tell you all the details once I have it figured out. Do you trust me?”

“You know I do,” John easily confirmed. “Blue?” he called out again as his friend was about to leave. “Will you send Red in here?”

“Certainly,” Abe smiled and quietly closed the door behind him. Myers grimaced at his current condition, and decided that taking care of his personal hygiene was his first priority.

Quickly he stepped into the shower, reveling under the hot water as it fell onto his skin. John placed his hands on the wall in front of him and dropped his head downwards, letting the soothing rhythm of the water cascade over his neck, back and shoulders. Sighing in contentment, he closed his eyes and relaxed as the warmth eased his tight muscles.

>>>>>

Hellboy knocked briefly on the door and poked his head inside. There was no one in the room but he heard the shower in the adjoining bathroom running. Moving slowly, as to not scare the occupant inside, he stepped into the small room and was about to call out John’s name.

One look at the sight of his lover’s naked body under the shower was all it took for his voice to seize up. The shower door was a cheap glass pane that showed off John’s body in all its glory. The droplets on the door and the steam from the hot water did little to offer coverage.

The man had his head down; his neck curved downwards and dipping between his shoulders like a large feline. Water dripped from the brown hair and sluiced down the long lean muscles of his back and legs. A slight curve on Myers’ abdomen was evident above a flaccid cock and Hellboy very badly wanted to wrap his arms around his unborn child.

He shifted where he stood, and Myers must’ve detected some movement as his head suddenly flicked towards him. Sharp blue eyes bore into him, until they softened with realisation of who was standing there. John smiled and reached to turn the water off. Hellboy met him with a large towel by the time he had the door opened and enveloped him in it.

“Good to see you in a better mood,” Hellboy said quietly as he watched the man dry himself off.

John wrapped and tucked the towel around his waist and reached up with his arms to wrap around Hellboy’s neck. He pressed his face against the strong chest and inhaled the familiar scent of his lover. “Blue told me what happened. I don’t remember any of it,” he admitted.

Hellboy was finally able to embrace his arms around the young agent like he’d been yearning to for the past hour. “Yeah, that’s what he said. He’s looking over the security tapes right now as we speak. If anyone can figure out what happened to ya, it’s him.”

Myers let out a huge sigh and rubbed his cheek against the material of Hellboy’s shirt. “I really hope so. I can’t stand the thought that I’m not able to be in your presence without freaking out on you.” He could feel soft kisses on the top of his head, and without another word, John stood up on his tiptoes and leaned his head back to face the demon. “Kiss me,” he whispered.

Hellboy eagerly obliged, and touched his lips to the human’s. It began as a soft kiss, and slowly deepened to the point that their tongues danced with each other. Strong hands pressed John’s lower back against a hard body, the bulge of an arousal very evident against his stomach. When they finally broke apart for a much-needed breath, John’s eyes fluttered in bliss and he stared up lovingly at Hellboy.

A brief glimpse of white glowing eyes suddenly hit him, and his body froze at the image. He blinked his eyes again to make sure that he wasn’t seeing things, and was relieved to see his lover’s warm yellow eyes staring down at him in concern.

“What is it?” Hellboy asked, his hold on John tightening in an unconscious act of protectiveness.

“I don’t know,” John admitted. “This image of you with these bright white eyes just popped into my head out of nowhere.”

“White eyes?”

“Yeah. They glowed. Like Lilith’s did.” The agent grew silent and looked up at Hellboy with alarm on his face. “I think I remembered what happened,” he whispered.