RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +







Story Notes:
Sequel to Babysitters, Cats and Demons .

A/N: I have only seen the movie once back in October and have never read the comics so I'm aware that there may be discrepancies in the details of the story. Just remember that this is a work of fiction and some details may have been altered to make it work.



*~*~*~*~*


John looked up from the file he was reading when he suddenly heard a noise. He saw nothing out of the ordinary and scanned his gaze around the small office he was in just to be sure. "Hello?" he called out to nobody in general.

Shrugging, he returned his attention back to the papers in front of him. A few minutes later, he heard the sound again. This time he put the folder down onto his desk and got up out of his chair. He walked over to the opened door and looked out to see nobody outside the hall. Scratching his head, John returned to the room and gazed around all four corners still to find nothing out of the ordinary.

"That's odd," he muttered to himself. Although he wasn't terribly alarmed, as he has seen odder things in his time here with at the BPRD. He seated himself back into his chair and was about to reach over for the folder on his desk when something heavy suddenly brushed across his leg, scaring the wits out of him in the process. "Holy Christ," he gasped and jumped back to see what it was. There sitting on the floor under his desk was a heavily pregnant cat.

"How did you get here?" he asked the feline. Her green eyes looked at him in boredom and she mewed indignantly. John wondered how she found her way here and reached down to pick her up. When she hissed and threw a paw at him, John realized that the new mother-to-be has decided to make this her birthing nest. Sighing in defeat, he picked up the rest of his paperwork and left in search of the cat's owner.

John found Hellboy busy sanding down his horns and smoking up a storm. The red demon winked at him from the mirror and put the sander down. "Hey `Scout," he called out. "Whatcha up to? I wasn't expecting you here till dinner time." Red grounded the cigar butt into a nearby dish and went to embrace the human in his arms.

John allowed himself to be held and took comfort in the strong arms. He took a deep breath in and breathed in the smoky scent of Hellboy. Large hands began to massage his shoulders and a smooth tail wrapped around his waist. "Geez Myers. You're so tight up here. You've gotta cut back on the paperwork. You're working too hard, not to mention that I hardly get to see you anymore." Hellboy frowned and took in the stress lines around John's eyes and the pale complexion of his face.

"I'm fine," John told him. "Manning put a few more responsibilities on me and with the field work we've been doing the last couple of months the paperwork have just been piling up." He sighed and moaned as the hands worked the knots out of his muscles. When the end of Hellboy's tail started to rub small circles at his lower back, he unconsciously began to purr.

Red smiled to himself. It has been about two months since that Felesdaemn incident and John had almost fully recovered to his original self. But Abe had found that there were some leftover demonic protein markers in his bloodstream still. It wasn't nearly enough to transform the man into a feline again, but every so often a remnant would manifest itself in the human, usually by way of a purr. "I'll take care of Manning for you," Hellboy growled.

John stiffened and leaned back to look up into Hellboy's yellow eyes. "Don't you dare go near him. I told you I was fine. You're just going to have to learn how to share me with my work now."

Hellboy sighed in exasperation. "You keep telling me that, but you're not fine. Have you seen yourself in the mirror lately `Scout? You always look tire now and you're losing weight. Have you been eating properly?" he demanded.

John scoffed and pulled out of the warm embrace. "I may be a bit tired because I haven't been sleeping as much as I should." Myers narrowed his eyes at Red. "If somebody would stop pestering me and let me sleep at night I might be able to get more rest." Hellboy refused to look ashamed. "And I'm eating just well, thank you."

"Alright, fine. I'll leave you alone at night," Hellboy grumbled. He pulled John back to him and sat him on his lap. Red positioned the man's limbs to his satisfaction so that there were arms around his neck and legs on either side of his hips. His tail rewrapped itself around a slim waist to make sure Myers remained steady. "I'll just have to ravish you now to make up for it," he grinned.

Lips captured John's in a deep kiss and warm hands began to stroke and caress his body, making sure to undress him along the way. All thoughts of protest and argument abandoned him and left him moaning helplessly. John arched his back when the tip of Red's tail began to trace down the cleft of his exposed butt. The nudging intensified with each pass it made over his opening, causing him to rocked back in hopes that the appendage will finally pierce him.

Meanwhile, Hellboy continued his assault with his tongue inside of John's mouth as his hands roamed the now naked body writhing deliciously in his lap. His hands worked its way down until it was wrapped around a hard, pulsing cock, eliciting a groan from his lover. Grinning to himself, he started to pump the cock as his tail suddenly breached through John's anal muscles. "Red," John gasped.

"What is it Squirt?" Hellboy nibbled along Myer's jaw and down his throat.

"I'm going to cum soon if you keep that up," he breathed. His lips were opened slightly as he softly panted, and his eyelids were closed as he enjoyed the sensations within and without his body. Without warning, the tail began to brush across his sweet spot and John cried out, scraping his nails across the top of Red's shoulders.

"I'm banking on it," Hellboy crooned as he quickened his ministrations. Purposefully, he attacked all of John's erogenous spots and it wasn't long before thick streams of semen erupted from John's penis. Quickly, Hellboy lifted the man up and turned them towards the bed. Carefully he laid the body down and leaned in between the strong thighs to lap up the cum cooling on John's body.

John began to squirm as Hellboy's tongue slid across his sensitive cock head. "Too much," he protested. He opened his eyes when the tongue stopped teasing his dick and started to lick at his testicles and perineum. "Ohhh," he sighed and spread his legs further out to give the demon better access. John's eyes nearly rolled back into his head when the moist tongue started to pry around his asshole, licking at every crevice and cranny of the puckered skin.

When the tongue started to pierce in and out of his body, his dick hardened again and John thought that his body would snap from sexual tension. "Please Red," he panted. "I want you… want you in me…"

"Anything you want, `Scout." Hellboy gave the twitching hole one last lick, making sure to broadly cover it with spit and followed through the underside of the man's balls and penis. He freed his painfully erect dick out of the tight confines of his leather pants and expertly aimed it to his goal.

Slowly he worked it into Myer's body. First the head, then inch after inch of his shaft. John was whimpering by the time Hellboy was fully buried to the hilt. "Babe, you feel so good," Red grunted as he felt the tight muscles wrapped almost painfully around his cock slowly relax to a more tolerable pressure.

"Just fuck me," John pleaded breathlessly.

"Anything for you, Babe." Hellboy initiated a steady rhythm of stroking is dick in and out of the warm body. With every plunge back in, he could feel his pending orgasm come closer and closer. Wanting to bury himself deeper yet into John, he turned the man to his side and bend the upper leg close to the man's chest. This opened up John's ass even further and eliminated any bony blockage that might prevent Red from getting as close to John's body as possible.

He pumped faster and faster, pistoning at an alarming speed into John until at last the nerves attached to his balls tingled sharply. With a loud growl, Hellboy felt his perineal muscles contract strongly, only to let go of a large load of cum which he deposited deep into John's bowels. A few more strokes to follow helped to milk any remaining semen out of him. Panting harshly, Red looked down at his smaller lover and saw that John's penis was still hard with want. He reached over with is tail to pump the pulsing organ as he went in to kiss the man hard on the lips. A half dozen strokes later had John crying into Hellboy's mouth.

Using the last of his remaining strength, Hellboy carefully pulled his softening cock out of John and rolled over to his side, cradling the man against his chest. The two of them lay silently on the bed, catching their breaths and content to be cuddled together. It was several minutes before John was able to put two sentences together. "I need to get back to work. I still have a lot to finish." He yawned and started to get up but Hellboy pulled him back down with a grunt.

"Sleep," he commanded. "I want you to rest dammit."

"But…"

"It was your fault for coming in here. I probably would have left you alone for a few more hours if you had stayed in your office."

"Speaking of which," John began dryly, "one of your pregnant cats is making my office her new nest. I don't think I'm allowed back in there until the kittens are born. Can't you do a better job of keeping your strays in your room?"

"You're the only stray I have a hard time keeping in here," Hellboy grumbled. "If the new mommy have already settled in your office then there's little that I

can do about it now. You'll just have to find some other place to do your work. Better yet, find someone else to do your work."

"Why are you so intent on me not working? It never bothered you before." John's voice was beginning to take on a defensive tone. He felt like he had to justify his workload and duties at the BRPD. Yes, it was true that he was working longer hours then he had before, but there have been a lot more paranormal sightings then usual. Unfortunately, this meant that there were more agents out of commission than normal as well, which increased his workload even more.

And John had to admit to himself that he hadn't been feeling 100% lately. He'd been bothered with brief spells of dizziness, and heartburn. And for the past two weeks he experienced on and off bouts of nausea, even going so far as to cause him to dry heave into the toilet on a few occasions. At first he blamed it on food poisoning. Currently, John still isn't convinced that his symptoms aren't simply due to lack of sleep and stress.

"You never used to work this much, John. And I can see the effects now on your face and in your time reaction when we're out on a hunt. You're exhausted and you won't admit it and it's pissing me off." Hellboy allowed John to pull away from him when the man struggled up and narrowed his eyes as he watched the man search for his clothes. "John, I care about you deeply and I don't want to see you in this state. I want you well and healthy."

"I am well and healthy just fine," John snapped. He angrily pulled his boxers and pants on and turned abruptly to yell some more at the demon. When he turned too fast, a wave of dizziness overwhelmed him and he found himself blacking out.

"John," Red exclaimed and rushed over to the man just in time to keep him from falling to the floor. He hurried to carry John back to the bed and fumbled for the comm badge on the nightstand. "Get Blue in my room now," he barked into the mouthpiece and he quickly returned back to Myer's side. "Goddammit, John. I told you that you were overworked."

>>>>>

"What's wrong with him?" Red demanded. He allowed himself to be pushed aside for the past half hour to allow Abe the space to examine John. But now he was getting impatient at being ignored and wanted to know what was wrong with his lover.

Abe looked back at him over his shoulder and blinked indifferently. "Young John is well. He is just suffering from a slight case of fatigue."

Hellboy let out a sigh of relief. "I knew it! I am going to tie him to the bed from now on. Screw what Manning wants. I'm not gonna let Myers work himself to death for a lousy paper pusher."

"Hmm… this is most curious," Abe suddenly remarked.

"What's curious?" Hellboy watched with wary eyes as Abe gently began to probe and glide his hands over John's naked abdomen. He knew that he could trust the aquatic man but the feelings of possessiveness streaked through him nevertheless.

"I am not entirely sure yet, Hellboy," Abe mused. "I must perform further blood tests. I have a sneaking suspicion that something miraculous is about to occur. But I do not want to say until I am for sure certain of my hypothesis."

"Uh…"

Abe drew a vial of blood from John's arm and capped it securely. "I shall be back in a few hours."

"What do I do until then?" Hellboy panicked.

"Just make sure our young agent stays comfortable and make sure he drinks plenty of water when he awakes. Otherwise you know how to find me," Abe said offhandedly as he hurried out of the room.

"Weird," Red mumbled aloud as he shooed away the small gathering of cats that suddenly accumulated near John. Once room was cleared, he lay down next to his lover and pulled him into an embrace, determined to look after the young man in his sleep.

Although he dozed off himself, he was a very light sleeper and he jerked awake when Hellboy heard someone knocking on his door. Abe poked his head through the entranceway and waited to be acknowledged. Red looked down to make sure that John was still sleeping peacefully and carefully slipped out of bed, making sure that he did not disturb the man. He made his way over to Abe, who appeared to be quite anxious, or as anxious as he will ever appear.

"What's the news Blue?"

"Something remarkable is happening to our young friend," Blue announced. "Let me begin from the beginning. Remember when I performed an exam on John almost two months ago after his run in with the Felesdaemn?"

"Yeah. And?" Red light himself a cigar and prepared himself for what he was sure to be a long briefing.

"His tests all came back normal, except for the slight variable in his bloodstream. I had just brushed it off believing it to be some sort of antibody that John has developed to fight off the change. Much like how viral antibodies remain in the body after fighting off an infection or cold. Anyway, it turns out that I was wrong. The remnant protein is due to an ongoing differentiation process of the tissue cells within John's lower abdomen. It was so slight at the time and nothing significant showed in his MRI because it was too small to detected right away…"

"Detect what right away?" Hellboy felt like a hand clutched around his heart.

"Are we talking about a tumor or something? He's not dying is he, Blue?"

Abe waved his hand, dismissing the idea. "Oh, heavens no! Nothing like that at all. When I was examining John earlier today I had felt a unique energy signature in his abdomen. My suspicions were confirmed when I performed a blood work analysis and found the presence of Human Chorionic Gonadotropin. This must have occurred when he was still in his demonic form and thus his physiology at the time had allowed such an event to occur and…"

"What? Back it up there a few miles, Blue. You lost me way back at analysis. Human chorie what?" Hellboy began pacing.

"I'm sorry, Red. I should make myself more clear." Abe mentally slowed himself down to explain to the other demon. "HCG is a hormone which is produced by an embryo to ensure that the hormone progesterone is present, which helps to prevent uterine contractions and therefore spontaneous abortion. Although John's body is incapable of producing such a hormone, there is a foreign counterpart in his system now. It is probably produced by the new tissues in his body which the demonic protein is causing the cells to differentiate into…"

"What?!" Hellboy stared wide-eyed at his friend. "Embryo? Contractions? Abortion? What are you talking about Blue?"

Abe cocked his head to one side. "John is pregnant Hellboy. He is carrying your child."

"John is a man," Hellboy protested loudly. "And in case you've forgotten, men don't, as in do NOT, get pregnant."

"Yes, I realize that," Abe replied indignantly. "But John contains the DNA of a demon which we believe to be hermaphrotic in nature. He was impregnated in his demonic form and by the time we had injected the antidote into his system, his body must have already taken the steps necessary to ensure the embryo survives. As the pregnancy progresses…"

"Pregnancy," Hellboy whimpered.

"Yes, pregnancy. As the pregnancy progresses, more and more of John's tissue cells will change and adapt to the Felesdaemn makeup so that the fetus will be carried to term. I would like to perform an ultrasound on John when he awakes to determine how much of a physiological change his body has already undergone." Abe paused and studied his friend carefully. "Hellboy? Are you alright? You look frightful."

Hellboy was still trying to get his mind wrapped around the situation. John is

pregnant, carrying *his* child in fact. He careened his neck out to make sure that his lover was still asleep. He cursed his bad luck when he saw that John was slowly rousing under the blankets. Abe also saw this and made a sound of delight as he began to approach the young agent.

"Whoa, slow down there Blue," Hellboy warned as he grabbed a hold of Abe's arm. "Let's not spring the news on him like current events."

"You are right. We must approach this delicately," Abe agreed. Together, the two demons neared the man, who yawned and looked at them sleepily.

"Hey Blue," John greeted Abe. "Sorry I wasn't awake for your entrance," he joked. Then he looked from blue face to red, and sensed a feeling of tension. "What's up guys?"

"You overworked yourself like I said you would, that's what's up," Hellboy suddenly blurted out. He cringed slightly when both Abe and John stared at him in surprise.

A cat found its way into John's lap and the man absently stroked her fur as he tried to find a diplomatic response to his lover's outburst. Thankfully, Abe interrupted his thoughts. "My friend, I would have voiced it more… eloquently… but Hellboy is right. Your fainting spell is the result of a combination of things. Your chronic habit of working long hours on little rest is a significant contributing factor."

John sighed frustrated. "I realize that what I've been doing isn't healthy. But I promise you guys that it's only temporary. Manning assured me that he is in the process of bringing in more agents for administrative work, so that will free up my work load and allow me to spend more time out in the field. And as soon as that happens I'll be able to sleep more too…"

"And eat more," Hellboy blurted out again. Once more, his two friends stared at him in silence.

"I'll eat more also," John wryly conceded.

"Hellboy and I will consult with Manning about your working habits. We can not allow this to go on any longer, despite what you think." Abe held up a webbed hand when John opened his mouth to speak. "I am sorry, John. I cannot allow any exceptions in this case. You will just have to learn to rest."

John knew when he was defeated. With Hellboy he could at least argue and persuade his way out of things. But when Abe made a decision, there was no bending it. So he simply nodded silently.

"One more thing," Abe continued. "There are some exams that I wish to perform on you, but I will need some equipment that I am not able to move in here. Will you meet me in my lab in the next few minutes?"

"No problem, Blue." Abe smiled and left the two lovers alone. John continued to stroke the purring cat and worried about the contemplative look on Hellboy's face. "What are you thinking about?" he asked.

Hellboy shook his head slightly, as if to clear his thoughts, and grinned at John. "Just thinking about my cats," he answered enigmatically.

>>>>>

John poked his head into Abe's spacious lab and looked around. He saw the merman puttering around in one corner and called out. Abe gestured him onto the examination table and asked him to lift up his shirt.

"What are you looking for exactly?" John asked as he did as told, albeit confusedly. He watched Abe apply some clear gel substance onto his abdomen and to a sound head. The hand held gadget was attached to a small screen, which Abe turned on.

"There had been an increase in Felesdaemn markers in your bloodstream when I did your blood test," Abe told him smoothly as he placed the sound head to John's torso. The screen flickered into a wave of black and white marks.

Myers tensed. "What does that mean? I thought I was cured? Does this mean I'm going to turn into a demon again?"

"No, no. Nothing like that at all," Abe assured him. "Please stay calm, John," he murmured soothingly, although his attention was affixed solely to the screen. Abe watched, clearly fascinated, as the images shifted and moved with each angle of the sound head he made. John studied the screen for a minute before realizing that he's seen this contraption before on television.

"Are you performing an ultrasound on me?" he demanded.

"Indeed I am," Abe confirmed as he focused in on one part of the screen.

"Why? What's wrong with me? Kidney stones? Stomach abscess?"

Abe looked like he was deciding on something, before finally fixing his large black eyes onto John's. "See this?" he asked. John turned his attention to the screen. Abe was pointing at a very tiny black area, surrounded by a ring of grey cloud.

"Yeah? What is it?"

"John, that is a fetus. The grey image around it is a lining similar to a uterus that your body is producing to house the embryo."

John flicked his eyes at Abe to see if it was a joke. The merman's face never lost its mask of seriousness and Myers flicked his attention back to the black and white imaging. "Did you say fetus?" he finally asked.

"I am sorry John."

Myers nodded and tore his attention away from the screen and looked down at his torso. The muscles were still taut and flat, no evidence at all that there was a living entity inside of it. John turned his gazed once more at Abe, who was waiting patiently for a response.

His voice was very calm and very confident.

"I want it aborted."