RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


The darkness was a physical presence. It was alive, pulsing and vibrating. It curled around the man, at times warm and soothing, or cold and painful. It was around him, on him and in him. Suffocating him, drowning him, and when he felt that he couldn't take anymore, it would retreat…but it was always there.

"Grigori…"the voice spoke, but the man wasn't sure if he heard the voice, as much as felt it. "You have failed me… you have failed us."

"My Lord, please, have mercy."

"Mercy." The laughter that followed skittered up his spine like so many spiders. "Mercy is for a god who loves his subjects; I am a god of vengeance and destruction." The man screams in silent agony as the voice continues. "Each time you died, I gave you a bit of myself… of my power to use for my glory. But you've failed in the task I've given to you."

"Mas-"

"I sent my son to you. I revealed to you his real name, the name that would bring about the destruction of the world." The darkness tightened around the man, squeezing him within its deadly grip. It was a living embodiment of the creature's displeasure. "Anung un Rama was my most beautiful creation, but you let him slip between your fingers. Now," the creature paused and Grigori cringed at the feel of gelatinous tentacles caressing his face before it resumed speaking, "

"I grant you one more chance, one more opportunity to serve me."

Grigori tried to turn towards the voice. "Thank you my master, I will not fail you again-"

"-there is one, who even now, will play a role in my rebirth."

"Master?"

"She burns with hatred…with jealousy… she cannot accept what she is; therefore, she cannot accept what others offer her. She will bring about the destruction of them all."

"How master?"

Grigori felt the creature's amusement. "Promise her life… promise her love… promise her normalcy."

"Master, I will."

"Then begone!"

Spinning,

Light, freezing cold, noise… these assaulted his senses as Grigori gasped. Coughing, choking… he drew in a ragged breath as he plunged upward from the suffocating blackness, to find himself lying naked on a barren mountain side. He looked around in wonder.

'Was it only a dream?'

Pain, suffused his entire being as a whispered, "Fail me not again," answered his question.