RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


"I'm a survivor, I'm not gonna give up
I'm not gonna stop, I'm gonna work harder
I'm a survivor, I'm gonna make it
I will survive, keep on surviving." Destiny's Child – `Survivor'

24 years later…

Indira sat hidden in the tree, trying to ignore his growling stomach. He could smell dinner being cooked but he didn't want to leave just yet, the view was too good and when he got home his mum would make him study, something he hated. Was it really so wrong to want to spar for a few hours everyday?

He gave a long, over dramatic sigh; he was 24 years old and the strongest person on this planet yet he let his mother boss him about like…her kid.

Another over dramatic sigh, aimed at everything this time. He felt kinda guilty, he loved his family and all, but he couldn't help wondering where he had come from.

He gave another sigh, and flicked his tail, causing a few small branches to snap off.

"HEY!"

Indira started slightly and looked down to where his elder brother Tapion was looking up at him seemingly peeved. Seeing this, Indira posted a look of shock on his tanned face and looked up.

"Damn birds! No bloody manners!"

After this practised outburst, he chanced a look down to see Tapion had folded his arms across his chest and was still pretty annoyed, but on closer examination he could see the humour beneath it.

"What you doing our here?"

"The mothership sent me, you're behind in your studies," Tapion shouted up with a grin. Being a fighter meant that he didn't have to bother with any of that.

"Yeah, I know but I don't wanna go back just yet!"

Tapion regarded his younger brother for a moment, and then floated up to sit on a branch next to him.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing! Why did you think that?"

"Because, these ears are this big for a reason you know. I could hear you sighing like a mad cow as I walked over here! So tell me!"

"Well I just keep wondering about my real parents, I love it here and all don't get me wrong but I can't help wondering."

Tapion said nothing and waited for the question he knew was going to come soon.

"Can you tell me about how you found me again?"

This time it was Tapion's turn to give the long, drawn out sigh.

"OK, I was coming home from working out, when I saw a space shuttle pass overhead and land nearby. Of course it might have been a threat or something so I went to investigate. And when I get there, I see the thing open up and this guy stumbles out holding a child, you. So I sit and watch to see what he does."

Then, when I'm about to walk out, he aims this gun thing on his wrist at you, and I couldn't let him kill a kid so I just ran out with my sword and bam – he was dead and you were sat on the ground looking up at me."

"What did you think, you know, when you first saw me?"

"You want the nice answer or the truth?" Tapion asked with a grin.

"Truth."

"Ok, I was thinking how strange you looked. I recognised straight away that you were part Saiyan, you've got the hair and the skin, but your eyes and tail threw me, I've never seen or heard of a Saiyan with red eyes, or a furless tail for that matter."

Indira just nodded at this, he'd heard it all before but by hearing it over and over again he hoped to be able to pick up some of his past.

"And the guy with me definitely wasn't a parent?"

"Not a chance, he was a completely different race altogether."

"Ah, what about changelings? That's what those scientists said I was part of right?"

"Yep, I don't know much about them really. They're really strong and agile, that's about it."

"Right."

Both the men sat in silence, until some annoyed noises came from below them.

"Tapion! Indira! Mum said to get back home now! Dinners ready and mines going cold thanks to you!" Minoshia shouted as he looked up the tree to see his brothers staring down at him.