RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


"The one thing that I'm scared of
Is losing hold of you
I get these shivers down my spine
Feel my body turning blue." A1
– `Scared'

Vegeta sat in his room on Frieza's ship, taking deep breaths and trying to ignore the sharp pains in his swollen belly. This had been going on for about 6 hours now, but Vegeta had been through this before, and knew he didn't need any help…yet.

A particularly sharp contraction tore through his abdomen, causing him to tighten his hold on the edge of the metal desk, which had already been warped by his clenched fist. After about a minute, the pain faded away leaving Vegeta gasping, loathe as he was to call for a doctor, he knew it wouldn't do him or the baby any good if he put it off for even longer.

Just as he was about to call over the intercom, one of the men who had been secretly keeping an eye on Vegeta throughout his pregnancy, something which Frieza had banned, came in to see his patient looking ready to be taken to theatre.

Vegeta put up no protest as the nurse picked him up and carried him out of the room where he had spent the last 2 months, and over to the operating theatre where the baby would be `removed' as they put it.

He was stood next to the bed and held up as another contraction shot through him, threatening to make his knees give out. Vegeta gritted his teeth, doing his best to keep up his façade of strength even through labour.

After what seemed like an eternity the pain passed, and he felt a sharp pain in his spine as the needle was inserted, this time making his entire lower body collapse, so that he had to be lifted onto his back where the doctors began cleaning his skin and testing the equipment.

Finally, the lighting in the room was changed so that Vegeta was forced to squint, leaving him only able to make out the shadows of people. He felt the pressure of the knife applied just below his naval area and felt as it moved across, cutting through the scar tissue that was already there. This stopped as the sensation of muscle and internal organs being moved took over and made way for the baby to be cut out.

After what must have only been about a minute, Vegeta heard the quiet gasping breaths, then the crying of his second child. He turned his head, following the doctor as he took the baby across the room to clean it up and test it's power level.

As he watched this, Vegeta was blissfully unaware of the father of the child as he walked in the door, until he crossed into his line of vision as he approached the doctor and the baby who was still crying.

Despite his current condition and the fact that from the rib cage down his body was useless Vegeta tried to sit up and say something… anything to take Frieza's attentions away from the child. However he felt another small pain in his arm and turned around, only to fall back onto the bed as the room began spinning and the rest of his body gave into the new drug

The last words he heard were Frieza telling the doctor to kill the brat.

"Save me from drowning in the sea,
Beat me up on the beach
What a lovely holiday
There's nothing funny left to say" Robbie Williams – `Road To Mandalay'

Zarbon stood quietly near the door as he watched Frieza circle the incubator that the baby had been placed in.

"I wonder what made this one different to the last brat?" Frieza mumbled to himself, half expecting Zarbon not to hear him.

"Maybe it's just that he has more of your genes than the last one?"

"Hmm, the last one was a weakling. Even by monkey standards."

"So shall I send for someone to kill him now…"

"No. This child could make a good ally, and being his loving father I'm sure there'd be no reason for him to want to hurt me. I think I'll keep him, just tell Vegeta that he's dead. I don't want him getting any ideas."

"Yes sir."

"Ok, you may leave. I want to bond with my child."

Zarbon bowed his head and walked out the door, bracing himself to tell Vegeta that his second child was dead. He hated doing this, he really didn't like Vegeta and all but it was still…wrong.

He gave himself a mental shrug, and carried on towards the sick bay where, with luck, Vegeta would still be in the regeneration tank so he could leave it to the doctors to inform him. Zarbon felt guilty for lying, he'd never had kids himself, but he'd lost his younger brother who'd also been brought aboard Frieza's ship, and had been killed by Frieza while Zarbon had been sitting in his room glad that he wasn't him the tyrant was paying his attentions to. Now whenever he remembered that he was consumed with guilt, his brother had been rushed to a regeneration tank only to die the minute they put him in it and no amount of trying could bring him back.

Zarbon gave himself a mental slap as he realised that he had reached the medical bay, he walked in and over to the room where Vegeta would be kept, almost crossing his fingers that Vegeta would still be in the tank, only to have his hopes dashed as he walked in.

The prince of Saiyans was sat on a chair, pulling his armour over his head and then bending down to pull his boots on, his stomach was almost flat again. He did nothing to acknowledge Zarbon as he walked over to him.

"Vegeta, I'm here to tell you that…your child is dead," Zarbon said quietly, as though that wouldn't make it sound as bad.

He watched as Vegeta froze for a moment whilst pulling one boot on, then gave a slight shake of his head.

"What do I care?"

Zarbon almost believed his act, until Vegeta stood up keeping his face lowered slightly, he saw a tell tale shine down the cheek, which Vegeta tried to casually get rid of by pretending there was an itch there.

Instead of remarking on it like he usually would, Zarbon just turned and walked out to go take his frustrations out on some unfortunate soldier trying to ignore the invisible daggers being thrown at his back.