RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


"Baby loving you, comes easily to me,
It's what I'm living for, it's all in the chemistry." S Club 7 - Natural

Everyone sat at the dinner table, eating in silence since no one knew what to say. Chichi, Gohan, Videl and Pan had also been invited over and briefly told what happened, making for a slightly awkward silence and many glances at the Saiyan Prince, who everyone looked at in a different way.

"Kakarrot, pass me the salt," everyone jumped slightly as once again Vegeta was the first one to speak.

"Sure," unnoticed by everyone else except Goku, Vegeta and Indira, Goku's fingers had more contact with Vegeta's hand than was necessary.

Vegeta frowned slightly but said nothing, wondering why he actually enjoyed the slight touch.

Indira on the other hand began paying close attention to the two men wondering what was going on between them, if anything. Vegeta had said that Goku had a wife, but why was Goku glancing at his mother every few minutes?

He continued to observe them throughout the rest of dinner, watching the way Goku would glance at Vegeta, or the way Goku seemed to touch more skin than necessary when handing things to Vegeta. Indira was surprised to catch his mother studying Goku once or twice, probably trying to figure out what Goku was up to he concluded.

When it came to clearing the table, Bulma decided that it was Trunks turn, which also meant that Goten and Tapion were dragged along to keep him company. Vegeta was about to invite Indira outside to talk again, when he felt something tugging at his gi bottoms. He looked down to see his daughter looking up at him while rubbing one of her eyes.

"Daddy, can you take me to bed?" she asked, followed by a yawn.

Vegeta opened his mouth ready to tell her to ask her mother, but he couldn't resist the look she was giving him. Regretfully he picked her up, mumbling something in his mind about damn fatherly urges for daughters love.

Indira watched them leave, and then turned around to see who was left. Gohan, Videl and Pan had already left due to it coming up for Pan's bedtime, Chichi had been invited over to stay for the night, and was now going with Bulma to her lab. As he listened he could hear Bulma chattering excitedly about her new discovery about Saiyan men and the tests she planned to do on Goku, Vegeta and their sons.

Indira listened with a small smile on his face, then looked at Goku who also appeared to be listening, but whose face had gone pale. After making a very audible gulp, Goku turned around to look at Indira.

"Those tests are going to involve needles aren't they?"

"Probably, why?"

He watched as what remaining colour there was drained from Goku's face and neck.

"What's wrong?"

"I don't like needles…"

Indira watched the expression of terror on Goku's face, trying not to start giggling again, wondering why the strongest man in the universe was scared of a needle of all things.

He faintly shook his head, then decided to change the subject, partially to try and cheer Goku up again, and because he wanted to question him about earlier.

"Hey Goku, can I ask you a question?"

"Sure."

"Can you tell me about Vegeta? I mean, next to Bulma you probably know him the best, can you tell me anything about him?"

"I can try, um…well what do you want to know?"

"Ah…what kind of relationship do you have with him? Are you friends? Comrades? Acquaintances...?"

"I like to consider us as friends, I don't know what he thinks though…"

Goku drifted off and began thinking about Vegeta's reaction to his touch earlier.

Indira watched as Goku's face underwent some changes. First there was his usual eagerness then it was slowly replaced by confusion, watching this Indira was almost certain that his earlier observations were correct, and with his parents, subtlety wasn't something he'd inherited.

"You like him don't you?"

Goku head snapped up, blinking at Indira with eyes the size of the plates they had recently been eating off.

"What makes you think that?" Goku asked with a nervous laugh.

"You're blushing, at dinner you touched him much more than you had to, you looked at him more than you had to, from what I heard from Tapion you spend a lot of time with him even if it is sparring, when I just asked you about your relationship…"

"OK! I give, I do," Goku cringed slightly not having said it out loud and half expecting everyone to jump out from behind the doors having heard that.

"Why don't you tell him?"

Goku's eyes bugged out when he heard this. He searched Indira's face for any sign of amusement but at this point he looked as serious as Vegeta.

"Tell Vegeta? That I like him? I don't think that's gonna happen! He'd try and kill me…actually rephrase that, he WOULD kill me!"

"What makes you say that?"

"Goku opened his mouth ready to pour forth the reasons why, then suddenly recalled the time when a very nervous Trunks and Goten had told their fathers that they were a couple. Vegeta ha simply snorted and asked them why they were so nervous when it was a common thing for Saiyan men to take other males as their mates.

Indira smiled as he watched Goku's face begin to light up, then the brightness faded again.

"Ok, so he may have nothing against being gay, but he's a prince and I'm 3rd class as he keeps calling me, even if he was gay, he wouldn't agree to be my mate." Goku finished off with a depressed shrug.

"After all these years you think he still means that? Maybe its just habit now?"

Goku just shrugged again and stared at the floor like a kid who had been told off.

Indira sighed and was struck with an idea.

"I have an idea Goku, wanna hear it?"

Goku mumbled something under his breath and continued to stare at the floor.

"I'll take that as a yes. When I get chatting to…well I guess I can start calling him father, I'll try and find out how he feels about you that way there's no risk to you."

Goku looked up again and was smiling this time.

"Really? You'd do that?"

"I would."

Goku didn't say anything, just continued grinning.

"What about chichi?"

"Well I love her, but it's in the same way I love Bulma."

"Ah, just wondering."

At this moment, Chichi decided that it was time for her and Goku to be going home.

"Goku! It's time we were going!"

"Right Chichi, bye Indira and thanks!"

Indira watched as Goku followed Chichi down the hall, and then decided to go into the kitchen and see what everyone else was doing.

Vegeta carried Bra up to her room and lay her in her bed, making sure to remove her slippers and socks, before covering her up to the chin with the blanket.

"Daddy?"

"Hmm?"

"Do you think you'll have anymore babies?"

"No. Why?"

"Just wondering, you must have looked weird when he was in your stomach."

"I probably did," he replied, smiling. His daughter had a habit of engaging him in a conversation about himself before she went to sleep. "But I was even meaner."

Bra started giggling, but was soon yawning once again.

Vegeta switched the bedside lamp off so that only the light from the hall was keeping the room semi-lit.

"Now, time for you to go to sleep."

"Right daddy."

Bra curled up on her side, and closed her eyes yawning for one last time before drifting off to sleep.

Vegeta sat on the edge of her bed watching her for a while, before he stood up and walked back downstairs.