RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


"It's gonna be alright,
But when my sky clouds over,
Lift me up." Geri Halliwell – `Lift Me Up'

"Vegeta?" Bulma stammered trying to comprehend what she had just heard.

"Daddy's a mummy?"

Goten, Trunks and Goku just stared at Vegeta with their mouths wide open.

"How? I mean, you're a man. You're definitely a man, so how could you give birth to a child, or get pregnant for that matter?"

"It was genetically engineered into the males a long time ago, since so few females were born it was hard for us to reproduce. The Tsufuru- jin changed it around so that the males were able to reproduce as well.

Meaning Kakarrot could get pregnant, and so could Gohan, Goten or Trunks."

Bulma sat quietly for a moment taking this information in, and then decided to respond.

"Vegeta? I think that's the most I ever heard you say!"

Vegeta chose this time to look up at them for the first time since arriving, with a small smirk on his face.

"So who was the father then? The only changeling I know was…" Goku stopped here as it slowly dawned on him what had happened.

"Frieza's the father?"

Both Indira and Vegeta nodded at this, causing Bulma and Goku to gawp and Trunks, Goten and Bra to assume that this was a bad thing since they didn't really know about Frieza.

Once again Vegeta looked at the floor, lightly kicking his foot backwards and forwards, trying to hide the slight blush that had appeared on his face. This hadn't been something he'd been planning on letting them know.

"Well Vegeta, I have to say that it's gonna be hard getting used to the fact that you've had a kid…"

"Two."

"Pardon?"

"Two brats. Not just one."

"You mean there's another child of yours out there somewhere?"

Indira became curious about this; Zarbon hadn't mentioned him having a brother or sister.

"No."

"But you said…"

"She's dead. Frieza killed her."

"He WHAT?"

Everyone cringed as Bulma exploded.

"She was his kid as well right?"

Vegeta nodded while still facing the floor, trying to find an inconspicuous way of covering his ears.

"To his own kid?? That…" Trunks covered Bra's ears while everyone else began blushing at the language spouting from Bulma's mouth.

"I'm telling you if he was here now…" this time everyone's eyes began to widen as Bulma began running through several various torture techniques, some of which none of them had heard of.

When she had calmed down, Trunks removed his hands from Bra's ears and settled his mother down, then disappearing into the kitchen to get her a cup of tea.

Everyone sat in silence while he was gone, pondering Vegeta's confession and wondering how Bulma acquired her intense knowledge of torture.

Eventually Vegeta was the first to speak up.

"Indira?"

Indira jumped slightly, not expecting anyone to speak, least of all for Vegeta to address him, he looked over at him, focusing on his nose instead of his eyes.

Vegeta made a `come here' motion with his hand and walked out the room, obviously expecting to be followed. Indira looked at Tapion, who shrugged, then turned around and followed his mother out the door and into the garden.

"The morning rain clouds up my window,
And I can't see at all,
Even if I could it would all be grey,
Put your picture on my wall,
It reminds me that it's not so bad, it's not so bad." Dido – `Thankyou'

The two men walked side by side in silence through the gardens on capsule corp. with Vegeta pointedly avoiding the areas where Mrs Briefs would most likely be attending to her flowers. He didn't want to have to listen to that ditzy blond flirt with either him or his son, not in the state of mind he was in.

Indira looked around at all the well-tended gardens. On Konack they had had fields and forests and such, but they didn't have any gardens around their houses, he'd have to talk to Tapion about it, this is something Hera would like a lot to keep her busy in her spare time. When he thought of her, he glanced at his natural mother out of the corner of his eye, to see him frowning yet again, although it didn't seem as harsh as it had earlier. He looked like he was thinking, so Indira left it at that waiting for him to make the first move.

"Hey! Vegeta! Who's your friend?"

Vegeta scowled and growled something to himself, then turned around with his usual frown to face Mrs Briefs who was walking over to them.

"Well aren't you going to introduce us?"

"Indira, this is Mrs Briefs, Bulma's mother. Mrs Briefs this is Indira."

"Hi, nice to meet you," Indira spoke up first, not knowing how to react.

"Same to you. Why you're a handsome young man, just like Vegeta here, I bet you're related to him aren't you?"

Indira blushed not knowing how to answer, while Vegeta began baring his teeth slightly in frustration.

"Well I have to be going, I've got things to do then I'm going to meet some friends tonight, bye Vegeta, bye Indira! Hope I see you soon."

Once Mrs Briefs was out of hearing range, both men breathed a sigh of relief.

"That's Bulma's mother?" Indira asked no one in particular, wondering how someone so smart could have a mother who…was not so smart.

"I wonder the same thing myself. And I've been here over 20 years."

Both men stared in silence at the way Mrs Briefs had gone, and then Indira began giggling, quietly at first then gradually getting louder until he had to sit on the floor to stop himself from toppling over.

Vegeta watched this display with one eyebrow arched in the air, wondering what was so funny that was having this effect on his son.

"What?"

Indira couldn't do anything but shake his head as he laughed even harder, causing Vegeta to begin wondering about his sanity.

"I'm…sorry!"

Vegeta stood with his arms folded as his son tried to get an explanation past his lips in between fits of giggling.

"I do…. this…sometimes when I…. get nervous…. then…something weird happens…. and I…do this…."

The last part of the sentence was finished off with a small howl of laughter as the mental pictures of what he must look like began to play through his mind.

Eventually sitting down wasn't enough to keep him upright, Indira didn't bother to stop himself as he toppled backwards, not realising that there was a pot plant pot behind him.

When his head hit it, the pot cracked and smashed into a pile of small pieces, while Indira's head wasn't even scratched. He barely had a second to mumble `ouch' before he burst into fits of laughter again.

As Vegeta stood watching this display, he tried to remain his usual serious self, but instead ended up looking around and making sure no one was coming, and then grinning, wondering how anyone with his parents could possibly so…goofy.

This carried on for a few more minutes, then Indira began to calm down, lying quietly on the floor, occasionally letting out the odd giggle or smiling for no reason.

"You done?" Vegeta asked, trying to hide his own smile and look serious, but for once not being able to pull it off.

"I think…" Indira started laughing again as he heard his voice break halfway through the second word.

This time Vegeta didn't bother trying to hide his smile.

"Guess that's a no, well can you at least try and stand?"

Indira put his hand in the air towards Vegeta, making the Saiyan tense slightly before he realised that Indira wanted help to get to his feet.

Hesitating slightly, he grabbed hold of Indira's outstretched hand with his own gloved hand, then pulling him to his feet, still giggling, but quietly now.

Wordlessly Vegeta crossed his arms and waited for Indira to get his balance back, and then began walking aimlessly again.

"Tell me about where you grew up."

Indira jumped again, not expecting Vegeta to speak.

"Konack?"

"Konack, people you grew up with…"

"Right, well I was taken to Konack when I was about 3, and some guy was gonna kill me, but Tapion found us and killed the man before he could hurt me. Then he took me home where his mother adopted me. And all I've really done is study, spar with Tapion and Minoshia and some of the other fighters. I wanted to be a fighter but our mother, Hera, wants me to be able to get a good job and stuff instead of going out to fight where I could be killed."

Indira was interrupted by Vegeta snorting.

"What?"

"She sounds like Kakarrots wife. Her son is the most powerful warrior on this planet, but she made him study non-stop even when he was fighting. And now he's letting himself get weaker since he has a proper job."

"Well she never stopped me training, I guess cos I was going to be one of the strongest people on the planet judging by my power level when I was younger, they wanted me to learn to control it. Your turn."

"My turn for what?"

"Tell me about what happened, after I was born?"

Vegeta said nothing for a moment, then sighed and nodded.

"Basically, not long after you were born. Another Saiyan called Radditz was killed, so me and Nappa, another Saiyan, dumb as hell, came to earth to find out what had happened and prepare it for some clients. But my main reason was the dragonballs; I wanted to wish for immortality. Anyway, Kakarrot defeated us, I left to heal and then we met on Namek where I was trying to get the original dragonballs to wish for immortality so I could kill Frieza and take over the universe. Seeing as how we were against a stronger enemy I joined forces with Kakarrots son and his friend. I was killed and Kakarrot defeated Frieza, then I was wished back with all the Nameks, then we were informed by my son from the Future that some androids were going to attack earth, so we all trained, I finally became a Supersaiyan, then realised that there were levels above that. I didn't plan on staying on Earth, but after Trunks was born I couldn't really go back to how it was before. And since then I've stayed here and protected the earth with everyone else."

Vegeta dropped back into silence as Indira pondered everything he had heard, and deciding that his mother was definitely someone to be proud of to have been able to turn around that much.

Neither realised how long they had been gone until the smell of cooked meat was blown over to them by the wind.

"Smells like dinner. Best be going back, I'm not with the woman anymore but that doesn't stop her from ordering me around, and it's not worth the bitching I'll receive if I don't go back."

Indira gave a small laugh and nodded, following Vegeta on a slow walk back to capsule corp.