RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


"I never had a dream come true
Till the day that I found you
Even though I pretend that I've moved on
You'll always be my baby" S Club 7 – `Never Had A Dream Come True'

6 months later…

"Strap yourself in, I'm gonna try and land this thing now," Tapion said as they passed through the atmosphere.

"Right," Indira didn't like the sound of the word `try' so once he had strapped himself in, he gripped the hand rest and wrapped his tail round the chair. Luckily, the landing went as smoothly as it could, aside from the jolt when they hit the ground, much to Indira's relief. Both men stood up and immediately walked outside so that Tapion could get their bearings, and lead them to where the Z warriors were.

"So which way?"

"Hang on," Tapion looked around, turning round in small circles, trying to find out which way he could sense the strongest people on the planet.

"Well Trunks is that way, and everyone else seems to be in that general direction…give or take about 50 miles…."

Indira didn't even bother to respond; he just took off in the direction Tapion had pointed, knowing his older brother would follow.

Both of the men flew in silence, Tapion because he didn't know what to say, and Indira who was quickly becoming extremely nervous.

"Indira?"

"Hmm?"

"Can you feel that power level that way?"

"Yeah."

"That's Vegeta, he doesn't seem to be powered up so it should be safe enough to see him."

Indira was silent for a moment, then nodded and swerved to follow Tapion.

Vegeta sat with his back against a tree wondering what on Earth he was doing here. Kakarrot was meditating and had invited him along `for some company', that being daft enough he had actually AGREED to it. He looked over to where the other Saiyan was sitting on the ground with his legs folded and hands resting on his knees completely oblivious to the outside world. As he watched, he could feel himself wishing he could achieve that clearness of thought, but his memories wouldn't allow it. He realised his mistake a second too late, as those particular memories flooded his brain, taking off from the night before.

******

Vegeta had been laid in bed at about midnight when the contractions started. At first he took little notice of them, except that they caused him some discomfort, he had been suffering pains like this for the last few weeks, apparently they happened to everyone. He sighed and turned over to face the wall and pull the blanket up so that it covered the lower half of his face and tried to sleep. It didn't take long before he began dropping off again, feeling partially secure in his warm bed, until the first proper contraction ripped through his torso, causing him to cry out before he had a chance to stop himself. He gripped the sheets in his hands, gasping heavily after the contraction ended, even though it had only lasted a few seconds. He'd known childbirth was supposed to be painful, but this was ridiculous, how were people supposed to survive this? Vegeta was so caught up in his thoughts, that he was also unprepared for the next contraction, which lasted longer than the last one and made its way into his back as well. This time he managed to keep his teeth gritted, and buried his face into the pillow to keep from making too much noise, this couldn't be labour, it shouldn't be this painful should it? This continued for the next 6 hours, with the contractions gradually getting longer and longer, and considerably more painful, up to the point where Vegeta ended up bringing all the food he had eaten earlier up on the floor next to his bed.

When one of the doctors came in to check on him, he found Vegeta with his face buried in the pillow, save for his mouth which was pulled away and gasping, he was kneeling on his knees with his rear stuck in the air and one arm wrapped around his stomach. The doctor opened the door and shouted something out to the other men, then rushed over to Vegeta's bed, effortlessly picking him up and carrying him into the operating room, placing him on the table and slipping a needle into is arm, quickly knocking him out.

When he woke up he was in another bed, but in his room where the doctors could keep an eye on him. He blinked a few times to clear the blurriness from his eyes, and then looked over towards the door.

He saw something obscuring his view, so he rubbed his eyes trying to get a good luck at it, and almost passing out in shock when he did. In a small incubator next to him, was a small baby girl, sleeping with her face looking towards him. It took a moment to realise that this baby was his; once he did he began to look at her closely. She was tiny, she'd quite easily fit in Radditz's hand with room to spare, her skin was pale, but he couldn't be sure whether that was the fact that she was a baby or due to the genes from Frieza, her tail was Saiyan and currently splayed out to the side with the end twitching. He couldn't see much else about her, except that she looked like a regular baby, but more beautiful.

Vegeta snapped awake at that last thought. Where did that come from? He laid there for about half an hour looking at her, until she began to move, then his body and subconscious took over and made him sit up, reach into the incubator and pick her out to cuddle her against his chest. He watched her fully open her eyes and look up at him. Black, her eyes were the same colour as his, she'd grow up to look exactly like a Saiyan. For the first time since he'd been taken from his home planet, Vegeta smiled.

Only a slight one, but a smile nonetheless. He watched her start looking around at her surroundings then back at him. Vegeta watched at she seemed to study him for a minute, then her face brightened up with a toothless grin and she began waving her arms around and making cooing noises.

Vegeta gave a small laugh at the noises, and brought his tail round to wave it in front of her to see her reaction. He watched, not bothering to hide the grin at the facial expressions she was going through, first she froze, staring at his tail like it might bite, and she got curious and one she got hold of the end she began cooing and gurgling again.

This continued for a while, with Vegeta forgetting that the outside world existed, that is, until Frieza walked into the room.

Vegeta instantly stopped what he was doing, and immediately adopted his expressionless look while looking up at the icy tyrant.

"Well what have we here?"

Vegeta froze, unconsciously clutching the baby tighter to him, and then standing up to move out of the way as Frieza walked towards him.

"There's no need to be like that Vegeta, I only want to see what our child is like."

Faster than Vegeta could follow, Frieza had grabbed the baby, and knocked him against the wall a couple of feet away.

Vegeta's bodies first instinct was to stay still, he was still weak form the birth, but the crying of his daughter brought him around, making him get up, only to face Frieza holding the tiny baby by her neck.

Vegeta's instincts took over at this point, and despite the fact that he didn't stand a chance, he threw himself at him to try and get his baby back, only to be evaded and kicked in the back, sending him towards the doors. Luckily it wasn't a hard kick so he stayed in the room.

As he started climbing to his feet, he heard a sickening snap followed by a soft thud then Frieza walked past wordlessly and out the door. The room was silent except for Vegeta's breathing. He felt the tears trying to build up in his throat and rushing to his eyes, but he fought them down and looked behind him just in case…

His daughter was facing him…and so was her back…

Vegeta didn't make a sound, just passed out on the floor.

******

"Vegeta? VEGETA!"

Vegeta shook himself out of his memories, to see a pair of large, dark eyes right in front of him.

"You OK?"

"Course I'm OK! Why wouldn't I be?" Vegeta shouted as he jumped up, pretending not to notice the tickle of liquid sliding down his left cheek.

Goku didn't say anything, just stared at him waiting to see what else he would do.

They both stood like this for several minutes, neither one moving or saying anything, until Goku couldn't stand it anymore.

Without a word, he waked over to the Saiyan Prince and rested his right hand against Vegeta's cheek, using his thumb to wipe away the tears.

Vegeta did nothing to stop him, and once again, both men froze, searching each other's eyes for something, although neither knew what.

Vegeta opened his mouth to speak, but was cut off as he felt two high power levels approaching from the south. Both men sprang apart, and focused all their attention on the approaching powers.

"Silence is not the way
We need to talk about it
If heaven is on the way." Bush – `Letting The Cables Sleep'

Tapion and Indira felt the ki's of Goku and Vegeta rise as the approached them.

"You sure they know who you are Tapion?"

"Yeah, well Goku will even if Vegeta has forgotten which I don't think he will have. That man can hold a grudge for years, and I don't think he was particularly pleased when I brought Hildegarn to Earth with me."

"Oh…"

They carried on flying in silence, Indira not really watching where he was going, just following Tapion by instinct, and almost flying past when Tapion stopped.

He looked over to see why, then followed Tapion's gaze downwards to where two men were floating up to meet them, the first one who was waving must be Goku, and the one behind him with his arms folded… It took a moment to sink in that this was his mother; he had his arms folded and a frown on his face, dark spiky hair…yes, that was he. Indira didn't realise he was staring until he saw Vegeta's face go from a frown to a scowl aimed at him.

Instead of saying anything, he just looked down and stayed silent until Tapion and Goku had finished their greetings.

"So who's your friend?"

"Ah, this," Tapion motioned to Indira, "is my brother, Indira. Indira, this is Goku and Vegeta."

"Brother? He doesn't look a thing like any of your species," mumbled Vegeta.

"Well, that's cos he's adopted, we found him when he was about 3 years old.

Vegeta said nothing, while Goku just became more interested.

"Really? Wow, so what race are you? Do you know or…"

Indira started a bit at being addressed, then managed to get his thought process round the question.

"Oh, I'm half Saiyan, half changeling," he answered, glancing at Vegeta out of the corner of his eye.

Although neither Tapion nor Indira saw any change in Vegeta's expression, from knowing him for years, Goku saw the changes in his face. Shock and confusion being at the front while he stared at this new young man.

Trying to figure this out, Goku began looking back and forth between the two, wondering why Vegeta was having that reaction. He didn't notice anything at first, but the constant movement of his eyes began blurring their faces until they both seemed similar, actually, Indira looked kinda like Trunks…

"AH!"

Tapion, Vegeta and Indira all started and looked at Goku, wondering what had set that off.

Indira watched as Goku stared at him for a few seconds, then moved his gaze over to Vegeta, then back again. He did a double check with Vegeta, he looked worried and…scared? His infamous, fearless father?

"Oh wow! You're…"

Indira saw Vegeta swallow out of the corner of his eye.

"His cousin or something right?"

There was a stunned silence until the inevitable happened.

"BAKAYARO!"

Within the space of a few seconds, Vegeta had powered up and gone, leaving a confused Goku, a worried Tapion and an upset Indira.

"What did I say?"

"Goku? Indira isn't Vegeta's cousin, he's his son."

"Son? But…I never thought Vegeta would go near a female changeling, I mean he hated Frieza so much I can't see why he'd wanna go with any of that species…"

"Goku?"

"Yeah?"

"Can we go back to capsule corp.? I'll explain things there."

"Um…sure."

Goku turned around ready to leave, waiting for Tapion to get Indira, who was currently staring off in the direction Vegeta had flown in.

"Hey, come on, lets go to capsule corp., you can see Trunks there, and give Vegeta some time to cool off."

Indira nodded silently, casting one last glance back, before following Tapion and Goku.