RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


"Get ready, love will leave you crying
It's gonna hurt you, till your heart is dying
Can't escape it, ain't no use in trying
You're no exception, love will leave you crying too
You're a broken man poor you." Sonia – `Love Will Leave You Crying'

Tapion watched Indira as he stared out of the window, he seemed to be having a lot of doubts about going to see his mother lately, probably because he was scared Vegeta wouldn't want anything to do with him. Tapion couldn't blame him, he hadn't exactly been a planned child and Vegeta wasn't well known by anyone for being affectionate in any way. Maybe when they got to earth they should ask Bulma a few questions about him as well to try and reassure his insecure younger brother. He was broken out of his thinking by what he considered to be the most annoying sound in the universe…Indira flicking his nails against each other. He did it every time he was nervous, but they still had about 5 months to go before they reached Earth, he'd go crazy if he had to listen to it everyday until then. Indira on the other hand, was thinking about his parents, not even noticing what he was doing, or the reaction it was having on his brother. He sat comparing the vision he'd carried throughout his life of his parents and how he'd been separated from them, and the real life version. In his mind, his mum and dad had been in love, had him and loved him as well and they were the perfect family until a man for no apparent reason stole him from them. Looking at it that way it seemed stupid, especially when the real life version was that his father has been taken from his own father at 5 years old, raped repeatedly as he got older, got pregnant and thought that the kids were killed, then going to earth and Namek, being killed, coming back to life and having god knows what else happen to him… Indira sighed, wondering for the hundredth time whether this had been such a good idea, he didn't know what he'd do if Vegeta didn't want anything to do with him. Probably go back to Konack and live there for the rest of his life, but it wouldn't be the same, not knowing that his biological mother didn't love him.

On Earth, Vegeta was sat in the gravity room trying to meditate and clear his mind so that he could get at least one nights sleep this week. He glared at the walls in the gravity machine like it was their fault and scaring them would make it go away. It didn't work. Finally he gave up trying to fight it off, and let the memories take over his mind, hoping that once they had been played they'd leave him alone once again.

******

Throughout the early stages of the pregnancy, Vegeta carried on as he always had, ignoring the taunts and looks from the stronger members of Frieza's men, and killing any of the weaker ones. Needless to say, it wasn't long until Frieza himself had found out; he didn't bother speaking to Vegeta directly but ordered the doctors aboard the ship not to give him any medical attention until the day of the child's birth. At first this was fine with Vegeta, but as the pregnancy moved further along, he became concerned for his own health, and inevitably, his daughters. Finally at 6 months into his pregnancy he was moved to a new area where he was not allowed to train to the extent he usually did. It was in easy reach of the operating theatre since they weren't sure how long Saiyan male pregnancy lasted. Without his usual amount of exercise each day, although he was tired, Vegeta soon developed insomnia, keeping him awake at night while his daughter spent her time proving that she was part Saiyan in case there was any doubt on the part of her mother. It was through times like this, that the maternal instincts began moving into Vegeta. Of course having no experience of any type of emotion that wasn't related at anger, hate or triumph over an enemy was completely foreign, and it wasn't something Vegeta realised he had until the birth.

******

Vegeta was broken out of his thoughts by someone knocking on the door to the gravity room. He looked up to see Kakarrot grinning in at him and motioning with his hands for Vegeta to open the door so they could spar. For a quick laugh, Vegeta just sat watching Goku and grinning, knowing that all Goku would do is get upset and slightly annoyed. This was funny until Goku realised what he was doing and began pulling faces at him through the window, winding Vegeta up into opening the door.

"So Vegeta, you up for a spar?"

"Always."