RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


"Somewhere out there,
Beneath the
pale moonlight,
Someone's thinking of me,
And loving me tonight." An American tale – `Somewhere Out There'

Hera wiped her eyes as tears threatened to spill from them, while her eldest and youngest sons carried their things into their ship. It wasn't so much for Tapion, but Indira. She knew that when he met his own family he would probably choose to stay with them, meaning that she might not see him again.

Finally she couldn't hold it in any longer and ran up to him throwing her arms round the surprised man, kissing him on the cheek them pulling back and trying to get a hold of herself.

"Remember, change your underwear everyday and eat properly and…."

"I know mum, I know! I'm an adult now remember?"

"I know, but you're still a baby to me, and if you ever need anything you can come straight back here!"

"I know, I'll miss you too, but I will come back one day! Even if it's just a visit!"

"Mmm," was all Hera could say as the tears started falling even faster, Indira just hugged her back and walked onto the ship waving back at her, then he saw a familiar green haired figure making it's way through the crowd.

"Indira! Say hi to Vegeta for me!" Zarbon shouted with a grin.

"Will do…mate!" he replied as he turned around and walked into the ship.

"Bye mum, see you soon," said Tapion as he followed his brother into the ship.

Hera just waved as the door closed and the engines revved up ready for take off.

On Earth…

"Daddy!" shouted Bra when she couldn't find her mum to make her a drink.

She had wandered outside to see her dad sitting on the grass staring at the sky.

"Daddy! Can you make me a drink and staring at the sky is bad for your eyes mummy said so!"

Vegeta looked down at his daughter, then silently picked her up and carried her into the kitchen.

"What drink do you want?"

"Orange juice please."

Vegeta made the drink and handed it to his daughter before wandering back outside and once again sitting on the grass, pointedly ignoring the loud noises coming from the gravity room where his son and Goten were supposed to be training.

When he heard the tapping of familiar footsteps behind him he tried applying the same technique, but was forced to reconsider when Kakarrot's face appeared upside down a few inches away from his own.

Vegeta took a swipe at Goku's face with one hand while reaching behind him to make him move back.

"What do you want Kakarrot?"

"Wanna spar? Gohan's busy today and Goten," Goku looked over to the gravity room and didn't finish the sentence.

"Hmm…Ok then."

Goku watched as Vegeta stood up, waiting for the usual threat that today would be the day he lost and becoming blatantly shocked when Vegeta took off for their sparring ground without a word.

`Wonder what's wrong with him? Hmm' Goku mused to himself not thinking much of it.

After the ship had gone through the atmosphere, Indira began staring out the window.

"Wow, it looks so lonely out there…"

"Hmm…I know, but there's billions of life forms there, although there's a few less in our galaxy after that big explosion hit it, our planet was lucky enough to be one of the ones it missed."

"Yeah, you said. So how long do you think it'll take us to get there?"

"In this ship, um…without any trouble I should say about 6 months."

"Six months?! But…but…"

"I know it's a long time, but we'll get there."

Indira sighed and started out the window for a moment or two longer.

"Do you think he'll be happy to see me?"

"I don't know, why do you ask?"

"Well under the circumstances, I wasn't exactly wanted was I?"

"Hmm…but he's still your mum so he's got to love you in some way, even if it's not blatantly obvious like ours!"

"Yeah, so can you tell me about him?"

"Vegeta? I could try, I didn't see too much of him, it was more his wife and son. But…"

"Waiting for the moment to come
I'm lost in this maze that, I've stumbled upon
Dreaming of a beautiful end,
These wounds don't heal easy, but I'm trying to mend." Point Break – `You'

After Tapion's long view of Vegeta and what he'd heard about him, Indira gave a small sigh of relief.

"I'm glad he's not as bad as Zarbon makes out, although I can kind of see why he was like that I mean, my…father… was…I can't really think of a word for it."

"I'd like to tell you something about him too, but I don't know anything. Although Zarbon said a Supersaiyan killed him, so it could have been either Goku or Vegeta, maybe you could try asking Goku about him?"

"Yeah, but I don't think I wanna know anymore…"

"Hmm…well at least you know your mum's someone to be proud of!"

"Yeah, but from what I heard he did some pretty horrible stuff as well…"

"Well he was raised by Frieza, so you can't really blame him."

"True."

The two men sat in silence; occasionally looking out the window wondering how Vegeta would react to the fact that one of his children was still alive.

Vegeta lay on his bed staring at the ceiling.

The window was open with a slight breeze shuffling the curtains every so often, he wanted to get up and leave, and maybe do a bit of training but his 5 year old daughter had crawled in between him and Bulma during the night and currently had her head and arm on his chest preventing him from moving without waking her.

Looking down at her, he could feel all his old memories of years before, bubbling up in his mind. He made a partial attempt to block them off but felt very mentally tired since the same images had been haunting him the last few days. Instead he brought one of his hands up and covered his eyes with it, hoping in some part of his mind that if he covered his eyes he wouldn't have to see this.

******

He'd been 16 the first time he'd found out that he was pregnant. Of course he hadn't known that he was, only that he must have caught some sort of illness.

He remembered various points of it, being sick all day, feeling tired, eating even more than Nappa and Radditz and of course feeling a lot moodier, many of Frieza's men died just for looking at him in a way Vegeta didn't see fit.

He hadn't bothered questioning a doctor about it, just berated himself for being weak and that it was only a small illness, he finally realised this was a mistake when in the showers another, stronger guard called him lazy and pointing out the fact that his stomach was starting to bulge out.

All Vegeta had done was mumble under his breath what he would do to that freak once he got stronger. However, once he had gone back to his room he walked over to the mirror and turned sideways to see if it was true, and sure enough there it was.

Vegeta looked down at himself and frowned, he knew that he had slacked off in his training a little but not enough to begin causing himself to put on weight. As he examined his stomach he felt it for the first time, a small ki in his stomach, not big enough to be caught on a scouter but definitely there.

It took a moment to register, Vegeta's mind trying desperately to deny it, but after a moment or two it finally sank in. Suddenly feeling light headed, he sank to the floor still staring at his stomach, not noticing the slight shaking of his hands.

He had no idea how long he'd sat like that, but he didn't move when Radditz came in.

"Prince Vegeta?"

No answer.

Radditz was unsure what to do, Vegeta looked in shock but was well known for his violent reactions when people crept up on him and touched him, making Radditz hesitate. He looked at the way he was staring at his stomach…then it hit him what had happened. Although himself and Nappa had known Vegeta was pregnant due to the fact that his scent had changed, Vegeta himself couldn't smell it, he must have just realised…

"Prince Vegeta?" he asked again, louder this time.

A few moments passed, then he got a reaction. Vegeta turned to stare at him, not saying anything with the same look of shock on his face.

`Dammit, he's too young for this!'

Radditz bowed, something he'd stupidly forgotten to do, searching for something to say.

"Would you like to see a doctor my prince?" Radditz asked quietly, unsure and blatantly worried about the reaction he was going to get.

This question seemed to bring Vegeta back to life, much to Radditz's relief, but unfortunately he had to endure 15 minutes of a vocal lashing from Vegeta about how he was the strongest Saiyan alive, and about how he didn't need a doctor.

When he was dismissed, Radditz quickly left the room and spent the next week avoiding the seething Prince.