RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


Chapter 3

"You think that I'm strong,
You're wrong, you're wrong." Robbie Williams – `Strong'

"We are nearing the planet Konack, wake up Prince Zarbon."

Zarbon mumbled something to himself as his forced his eyes open. He stretched his limbs as best he could in the small pod while he looked at the planet in front of him. So this was the planet his mother has spoken of.

When Frieza first began his reign over the galaxies, a few people of his race, his mother included, left for here. Of course none of them would be alive now, most of them had been female, the men had all believed the partnership with Frieza would last. Not long after Zarbon realised why all the psychics of his planet had been female. He leaned his head back against the headrest and wondered what it would be like. He'd been searching for this planet for years and was glad Frieza hadn't had the chance to destroy it.

Zarbon shook his head; it was 21 years since a Saiyan had killed Frieza, and he still couldn't believe it. Of course everyone thought he had died after Vegeta threw him into the water, when in truth he had waited until everyone had left then sneaked out and took Kui's space pod away from the planet.

While he mused over these thoughts, his ship entered the atmosphere and hurled towards the ground. Zarbon braced himself for the impact, not expecting it when his pod struck the edge of a cliff, sending it cart wheeling towards a forest. Unprepared for this he hit his head on the rim of the window and knocked himself out.

The first thing he thought of when he woke up was the throbbing on one side of his head, he started to open his eyes as his hand moved up to rub the sore patch on his forehead. The light prevented him from opening his eyes fully but there was a familiar shadow in front of him…

"Hey, you OK?"

Zarbon pushed himself up, glad of the assistance of someone's tail helping him, and sat still for a moment while the wave of dizziness passed.

He started blinking, clearing out his eyes, then turned to the stranger.

As he opened his mouth, he froze. An almost familiar pair of red eyes were looking at him. Zarbon almost passed out in shock, until he saw the difference.

These eyes were curious not malicious, then he looked at the rest of the man he was sat in front of. Dark spiky hair, tanned skin, not particularly tall but muscular, and the tail, part of which was holding him up was long and thicker than any Saiyan tail. So this is what had happened to him.

Indira was beginning to get nervous, this guy was staring at him like…. he was gonna grow fangs and attack him.

Eventually there was a reaction, but not the one he expected.

"Ahhhhh!" the pale skinned man pointed at him and started backing off.

"What?"

"You're…"

"I'm…?"

"Frieza's kid…"

Indira's head snapped up at this.

"You know my parents?"

Zarbon nodded, feeling especially confused. Frieza and Vegeta were this kids parents yet he wasn't violent at all.

"Um…you can come to my house and get cleaned up if you want, then can you tell me about my parents?"

Zarbon started at him for a few moments, then nodded and let the boy help him up.

"Love is like a barren place
Is, reaching out for human faith
Is, is
like a journey I just don't have a map for." Savage Garden –
`To The Moon And Back'

The family and their guest sat around the table eating in silence. Zarbon had been cleaned up and invited to eat, being as he was "too skinny for someone of your race" according to Hera, the woman who obviously ran the household.

He chanced a look at Indira as he had been called. He was eating, but stopping every so often to frown at his food, upon doing this he'd look up and watch Zarbon for about a minute, while he went back to his food trying to ignore it.

"Indira! Stop irritating our guest and eat your food!"

Zarbon's head snapped up as Hera scolded Indira, much to the amusement of Tapion and Minoshia.

"Sorry mum," Indira mumbled. He was silently trying to make everyone eat faster so he could ask about his parents.

Tapion and Minoshia were both eating much slower than normal, probably to annoy him since he could see them both trying not to laugh. Seeing this he made a mental note to beat on them in the next sparring session.

Everyone was shook out of their musings once again as Hera yelled at her two biological sons for taking so long. This time it was Indira's turn to snigger, much to the disgust of his two brothers.

While the pots were being cleared away, Hera had to go out, leaving the men to themselves. Tapion had let him off with clean up duty and had talked Minoshia into it instead. So they both stood at the sink washing and drying the dishes while Zarbon and Indira stayed at the table, sitting in silence for a while until he couldn't take it any longer.

"Tell me about my parents!"

Zarbon started, not expecting this outburst, but willing to answer it.

"Ok, um…your father was Frieza, he was the strongest man in the universe, and I used to work for him. He worked in the planet trade, and was killed 21 years ago by a Supersaiyan."

"He was the changeling right?"

"Yeah, how did you know that?"

"Doctors told me, and Tapion said that they were really strong. But what's a Supersaiyan?"

"What it sounds like, a really strong Saiyan. I think your mother may have been one."

"How did I end up here?"

"Well, from what I heard you were transferred from Frieza's ship to the base, and there when Frieza was killed you were stolen to be killed in case you grew up as nasty as he did, and since your mother thought you were dead there was no hope there…"

"Can you tell me about her?"

"Him."

"What?"

"Him. Your mother was a man, Saiyan men were able to have children due to the lack of females in their species."

"Oh, so what was he like?"

"Well, he was the prince of Saiyans, Vegeta, and…"

This was as far as he got before both of them were brought from their conversation by the sound of a smashing plate.

Both men turned to look in the direction of the noise near the sink, where Tapion was staring at them with his eyes as wide as they could possibly go.

"Vegeta's his mother?" Tapion managed to say.

"Yeah, you know him?"

"Yeah, he's on a planet called Earth!"

"I thought he was dead!"

"Well evidently not – he was alive and kicking when I last saw him!"

Indira watched the two men talk, Tapion knew his mother? He'd known that he'd gone away for a while and fought alongside some saiyans, that's why he knew what they looked like. But that he actually knew his mother??

While the two men continued talking, Indira shook his head to clear it out a bit.

"Tapion?"

Tapion looked over at Indira with shock and wonder plastered across his face.

"Do you think we'll be able to go to Earth?"

"Yeah, I don't see why not. And Trunks can get his wish after all."

"Trunks?"

"Your younger half brother, while I was there he adopted me as his big brother since he was an only child."

"Oh, when can we go?"

Tapion laughed at this, it was like he was 10 years old again.

"Well, we'll have to tell mum when she gets back but you can start packing now…"

"Right!" With this, Indira left the table and ran to his room to get his stuff ready to leave.