RSS

Printer
- Text Size +







Story Notes:
Well this is the end of this series. I hope everyone has had as much fun reading this as I have writing it.

Author's Chapter Notes:
birth (nothing bad though)



*~*~*~*~*


Shuichi groaned as he pressed his palms over his eyes and tried not to cry as his body worked to birth his and Yuki's child.
Thirteen hours of labor and to Shuichi it didn't feel like he'd gotten very far at all. When the contraction eased off, Shuichi sighed and allowed his hands to drop to his sides.
Glancing over he gave Hiro a weak smile. "Have you found him yet?"
"Not yet. Tohma called a few minutes ago and said he thought he had a lead. Don't worry, Shuichi. I'm sure he's fine. He's probably out getting drunk or something." Hiro tried to pacify his friend, even though he wanted nothing more to go out and find Yuki so he could beat his head in.
"Shit... another one." Shuichi mumbled as his hands went back over his eyes. (a.n.: My sister-in-law did this through out her entire labor and she couldn't explain why she did it... so if anyone asks I don't know why Shu-chan does it either.) Hiro watched the monitors and wished he'd gone to at least one of Shuichi's lamaze classes with him. Instead, the singer's couch was off somewhere in the city doing who knows what while Shuichi laid here and suffered. A vibration in his pocket had Hiro scrambling for his pocket and the cell phone he'd kept on against hospital rules. "Hiro here."
"Where is he?" Yuki's voice was a wonderful thing as the guitarist glanced back at his straining friend.
"The hospital. Where the hell are you and where the hell have you been?" Hiro demanded in a quiet tone as he put his back to Shuichi.
"Shit. My father called earlier and asked me to come to Kyoto. I came up here and the old man told me where to locate the family cradle. So I spent the better part of two hours digging it out of a back storage room. I was going to surprise Shuichi with it.
Is he okay?" Yuki asked as he sped up a little bit. He was only a few minutes from the exit ramp for the hospital.
"Yeah. He's been in labor pretty much since you left. He called me about ten and asked me to bring him to the hospital. Why wasn't your cell phone on?" Hiro smiled reassuringly over his shoulder, much relieved that Yuki hadn't just left Shuichi or something just as bad.
"I'd forgot to charge it. I should be there within half an hour. Take care of him... and tell him... I love him and I'll be there soon." With that Yuki hung up and put his full focus on his driving.
After turning off his cell phone Hiro turned to his friend who was just coming down from his contraction. "He's says he'll be here soon and that he loves you."
"Where's he been?" Shuichi asked as he laid back, most of the tension in his body gone, now that he knew Yuki was okay.
"Kyoto. His father called for him." Hiro smiled and then went out to where the others were waiting to tell them the news about Yuki.

*****
Yuki's slick soled shoes allowed him to slide easily around corners and then into the room the nurses had told him Shuichi was in. The moment he entered the room Shuichi cried out and held out his arms.
The writer immediately took the pregnant singer into his arms and held him close, murmuring apologies for not being there and for his cell phone.
"It shouldn't be too much longer." a doctor Yuki hadn't noticed said as she finished up her examination. "Probably within the hour.
"I'm glad you're here... finally." Shuichi said as he relaxed back against the pillows behind him.
"I'm sorry." Yuki brushed Shuichi's sweat soaked hair out of his face and frowned when Shuichi started groaning and covering up his eyes. "What is it?"
"Contraction." Shuichi said as he breathed through it and tried very hard not to scream.
"It's okay... Just breath." Yuki told him, trying to remember all of the lamaze classes they had gone to. A few minutes later the contraction was done and Shuichi took Yuki's hand. "Not much longer."
Yuki nodded, silently grateful for the fact that he wouldn't have to see his love in so much pain for very long.

*****
"AHHH SHIT!" Shuichi screamed as he threw his head from side to side as he pushed with everything he had.
"Good... I've got the head. Come on just a few more." the doctor prompted as she gently guided the new life out. Yuki silently held Shuichi upright as he pushed.
Finally a scream later Shuichi went limp against Yuki and the doctor's hand went into motion. "There we are. A perfect baby boy. Congratulations, papas." She held the tiny baby up and grinned as he started screaming.
Shuichi and Yuki looked at their son with mixed expressions of joy and wonder.
They watched as a nurse took the baby and wiped him clean before bring him back over and offering him to Yuki, as Shuichi had gotten involved in expelling the afterbirth. As gently as he could Yuki slide out from behind Shuichi and took the baby into his arms. Tiny fists fling out in all directions as the baby continued to scream.
Turning, Yuki smiled as Shuichi held out his arms. Yuki laid the boy into his arms and Shuichi began looking him over with inquisitive eyes. "Yuki... he has your hair."
Looking down the writer smiled a little as Shuichi brushed a finger over the almost invisible blond hair. Snorting a little Yuki settled beside them and pressed a kiss to each of their heads. "You did good, brat."
"I only did half the work. You did the rest." Shuichi told him before yawning and settling back for a short nap, hoping it would ease the ache left over from the birth.
"Get some sleep." Yuki told him as he eased the baby out of his arms and cradled the now quiet baby close to his heart.
"Okay... love you... Yuki..." Shuichi murmured as he drifted off.
"Love you too, brat... And you too, chibi." Yuki told his son as the baby went to sleep as well, just as exhausted from the birth as Shuichi. THE END