RSS

Printer
- Text Size +







Story Notes:
First fic in the fandom... I hope it's okay... And please give me feedback about what worked because I don't know how well I can write this fandom.

Author's Chapter Notes:
Warnings: mentions of abortion.



*~*~*~*~*


"Yuki... can I talk to you?" Shuichi asked as he nervously played with one of the buttons on his bright orange shirt.
"I'm busy... Make it quick." Yuki Eiri glanced over his shoulder and half looked at his lover with irritation.
Moving to sit on his lap, Shuichi began to play with some of the buttons on Yuki's shirt. "Well... you see... erm... Do you remember that condom that broke a couple of months ago?"
Yuki just arched an eye brow as he took a sip out of his beer. "What of it?"
"We probably should have thought a little bit more about it. But the truth is I forgot it until I was at the doctor's office today." At Shuichi's words, Yuki used his thumb to push Shuichi's pink hair out of his lover's eyes.
"Why were you at the doctor's office?" Yuki's heart seemed to be holding it's next beat for what ever had been going on with the young man he loved.
"I haven't been feeling good... I've been dizzy and tired. I thought maybe I was just not getting enough sleep..." Shuichi studied Yuki for a few moments before giving him a little smile.
"Well, brat? What was wrong?" Yuki didn't like the wait and stillness in his heart was making him anxious.
"I'm pregnant..." Shuichi told him, the smile leaving as tear flooded his face. "I'm sorry, Yuki... I've made an appointment to have an... an..." Shuichi lowered his head unable to even say it. He knew neither of their lives were ready for a child... no matter how much he wanted it.
"Abortion?" Yuki spat the word with distaste. "Is this your decision or are you doing what you think I want?" Yuki asked as he tried to see the situation from Shuichi's point of view. As bad as Yuki treated him he could see why his Shu-chan would think he wouldn't want a baby between them.
Shuichi shrugged and went back to playing with the button on Yuki's shirt. "I know you don't like kids... And I know you'd doubly hate any child of mine."
"Why?" Yuki's heart, which had only just decided to beat again, froze at that. How could Shu-chan think he'd hate their baby. "You don't like me... I'm just a live-in sex toy. A play thing. I know that, and I don't mind... but I know you don't have any room in your life for a child you'd want let alone one you didn't." Shuichi risked a glanced up and the shocked expression on Yuki's face confused him.
Yuki tried to form an answer to that. Shuichi couldn't really think that he was just a sex-toy, could he? He knew he didn't treat him as many treat their lovers, but surely he didn't use him like a common prostitute.
"The appointment is tomorrow... at 11. I was hoping you could drive me... but if you can't I'll get K or one of the guys to drive me there." Shuichi stood up and was forced to hold onto Yuki's shoulder as the dizziness assaulted him.
Yuki, seeing the swaying turned in his chair and pulled Shuichi back down into his lap. "Are you okay?"
"Just dizzy." Shuichi started to stand back up but Yuki held him on his lap.
"Wait. Would you be willing and able to keep the baby? If I told you I wanted it?" Yuki asked as he allowed his hand to creep around and rest on the flat front of Shuichi's pants.
Shuichi looked at him with shock before nodding. "I would love to keep my baby... I'd even move out and get away from you so that you wouldn't have to put up with the baby's crying... I wouldn't tell reporters anything... I wouldn't list you as the father."
"Brat." Yuki shook his head as he wrapped his arms around Shuichi, wondering how he'd gone so wrong with his lover. "I won't make you move out, and I will be on the birth certificate... As for reporters they won't get told anything any way."
"You really want the baby? It's not just that you don't want to kill it?" Shuichi had to make sure that this wasn't just some attempt on Yuki's part to try and redeem himself from that murder all those years ago.
A small sad smile formed as he touched Shuichi's stomach. "I really want this child."
Shuichi let out a squeal and latched onto Yuki's neck. "I love you so much. Thank you for letting me keep the baby."
The pink haired musician was about to get up again, this time to cancel the appointment at the clinic, but Yuki held him firmly in his lap.
"You don't really think you're a live in sex toy, do you?"
Yuki's fine golden eye brows creased as Shuichi gave him a beautiful smile and a shrug.
"I know you don't love me Yuki... I accepted that a long time ago. I'm just happy with what ever part you let me have. Like the baby... Thank you." Shuichi leaned up and gave Yuki a quick kiss but pulled back when he felt something wet hit his cheek. "Yuki..."
Looking into his lover's face, Shuichi was astonished to see tears running down his face. "Yuki? Are you okay?"
"Brat... I might not say what I feel... but you should damn well know you are more to me than a sex toy. I love you... I just don't feel the need to say it." Yuki couldn't believe what had just popped out of his mouth, but at the sight of pure joy on his Shu- chan's face made his distaste for the term 'love' acceptable... just this once.
Shuichi held in the snot and drool as he snuggled close to Yuki. "I love you too."
Grunting, Yuki pushed Shuichi onto his feet. "Go cancel that appointment and make one with my family doctor to have a full check up."
"Okay." Shuichi gave him a quick kiss on the cheek while he bounced out of Yuki's office.
"Brat." Yuki muttered as he closed down his computer and set his glasses to one side. Going to the kitchen he watched as Shuichi made the appointment with the Usegi family doctor and then called and canceled the other.
Turning Shuichi jumped, startled to see Yuki right behind him. "Oh... was there something else?"
"Come on. We're going out for some real food. The kid can't survive on take-out and ramen." Yuki said as he pocketed his wallet and keys and leading Shuichi to the front door, where they pulled on their shoes and then left.

THE END