RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


Part 2 So, who does your past belong to today? Baby, you don't say nothin when you are feelin this way.

The scene aboard the Maru bridge was one of complete devastation. A hull breech had caused the implosion of the cabin and it's contents, including the crew. Dylan fell to his knees as he stared at the red stained walls. He knew the scanners would reveal that they were both Human and Nietzschean DNA traces among the blood. Surprising there was very little except near the fire control, slip-seat, and the huge hole in the hull. There was nothing left of most of the consoles because they had exploded in the sudden vacuum of space. The hand of one of the aliens with a death grip on a handle and a foot caught in the deck plates were the only signs of anyone being here when the breech occurred.

He couldn't breathe, that's all there was to it, he couldn't breathe. Dylan started to hyperventilate as he looked on the scene from a nightmare. This was worse than the Magog invasion of his ship. He actually lost people this time, and there were no rescue missions this time to get them back. Spacing, a punishment fit only for treason, and mutiny.

Dylan felt a cold hand touch his heart as he tried to clear the black spots from his eyes. Everything he did was surreal up to this point. The loss of the Commonwealth, no problem, just rebuild, not like an idea can ever truly die. Lose his crew, he never saw the bodies, so they could still be out there. He never had proof come and smack him in the face like this. This was real, he had lost his crew, he had the evidence.

"Rommie," he gulped air.

"Yes, Dylan?"

"I think, I need help."

Concern suddenly filled her voice. "What's wrong?"

"I think I am having a heart attack." Sudden tightening in his chest caused him to cry out and he fell back against the bulkhead.

"Dylan! Dylan! DYLAN!"

"Hurry Rommie." His whispered voice was the last thing he heard before the darkness engulfed him.

***************************************************************

Harper was in pain, well that was a general statement. He was freaken burning alive. Screaming he tried to remove his skin from his body, anything just to get the liquid fire from his veins. Suddenly a strong set of arms was pinning him back to what felt like a bed of nails.

He struggled against the stone arms of the demon holding him to the torture device. Harper was surrounded by screaming people as the golden devil with the familiar face held him in place. The hell rocked as another part of the over head stones fell on people and their own personal demons. Sparks rained down on many as the screams rose higher and started to form patterns. He could distinguish between the moans, clicks, and grunts to know they were speaking to one another.

Harper stared at them as they moved from bed to bed in the bright flashing rooms. 'Funny, hell looked allot like a med deck. What was going on?' He watched as several more people were brought in limping and crying out. Then the world rocked again.

Too much. There was too much going on for him to focus. With a grunt he tried to sit up again, but the golden devil pushed him back down. He slapped it's hand away with surprising strength and speed. She made him angry, her mere presence alone was driving him all kinds of new bonkers. When she tried to inject him with a drug he tossed her across the room and rolled off the side of the bed.

Pain was immediate and every where as he stood on weak knees. A hand on his shoulders made him turn and come face to face with a Nietzschean. The arrogant sneer was wiped off his face by the back of Harper's hand as the spiked mutant was sent flying across the room. He released a high pitched cry to locate his people. Several of the beings around him held their ears as he screeched again.

An answering cry rang through out the deck as several of his people suddenly appeared through the walls and deck platings. Their black suits stood out against the grays and reds of the alien ship. No sooner did they reveal themselves then they came under fire.

Harper tried to stop the aliens from shooting his people, but they turned their weapons on him. Harper called out for help but his people did not reply. What was left of them were retreating back through the decks in their tesseracts. He tried to follow but several pairs of arms grabbed him from behind and forced him back on the biobed. He screamed his outrage in a base voice so deep it vibrated the room like a large cat's. A light sting and he was drifting out of his body in to the blackness of space.

Panic filled his being as he fought against the unconsciousness. In desperation he tried to cloak his being but barely managed to shimmer his outer skin before he was embraced the void.

***************************************************************

Rommie stared in shock at the now unconscious figure of Harper, or what was supposed to be Harper. She could not believe he had done all that damage by himself. He had sent a Nietzschean Alpha through a bulkhead head first. They were still cleaning that guy out of her systems. Trance had faired better, but not by much. She had been sent flying across the meddeck and landing on a Common Wealth Ambassador. Neither of which was awake yet.

Still another thing was his calling out to the shifting aliens, and how they responded in kind. What was that about? Dylan was not going to like this, if he ever woke up. Now was definitely not the time for him to have a massive coronary. She shook her head in wonder at the thought of a man his age having a heart attack.

Then again he had been put through so much stress lately, why not. He was only human after all. Dylan was her captain, her heart, mind, and soul. There was no one above him in her eyes or thoughts. Silently she swore that no one would ever be again.

Doctors and Healers from the other ships of the New Common Wealth Fleet were moving from person to person. Acting as both an observer and nurse, she helped in every way she could. Setting a fracture here, bandaging a head wound there. Quite simply there were not enough people for all those injured.

This substandard medical treatment would never have been accepted in the old days of the Common Wealth. Sighing, she curse Harper for making her too human like once again. What had the little man been thinking? Sure he did an excellent job, and it had saved her existence more than once, but that was not the point. He was down right perverted when it came to her systems.

She stopped the line of thinking when the person she was supposed to be helping started to cry out from pain. 'Stop this,' she told herself. 'It is not his fault. Because of him, Dylan is still alive. At least you still have him. Though he may never return your feelings, he will always be your captain.' She gave a sad smile as she finished bandaging the ambassador.

Another battle group of the alien ships had appeared on the port side taking pot shots at her. Her eyes flashed in anger as she interfaced with the AI core. With a dark smile, she fired a continuous barrage of weapons fire not relenting even when the ships were dead in space. 'Never stopping until they were all dead.' An unknown emotion over road her Neural pathways. All she knew was they must all die, no mercy!

To allow them to survive was allowing them a chance to come back and take that which was hers alone. They were mindless beasts, creatures that must be destroyed at all costs. No one would stop her, if she had to search the ends of the Universe, she would kill the last of them.

All too soon for her taste the battle was over, and she was alone in space, again. She felt helpless, needing to lash out at those that had hurt her people. All those countless billions dead because the Nietzscheans thought the Common Wealth had grown fat and lazy. For Dylan she had held it all in, for her crew and the promise of peace. When they had learned of the other High Guard ships, it had started to resurface. All through that ordeal she had barely been able to control the rage at the human hybrids.

The saboteur had been the final straw. If the Dragons wanted a war, then by god they were going to get one. She would see all fifteen of their home worlds in flames and may the Vedran Empress help any one who tried to stop her.

Shakily, Rommie disengaged the link between her and the AI core. This was bad, very bad. Dylan had to stop her! She was going to kill all those people... Why stop herself? There was nothing that said she had to. Her captain was on the brink of death, her crew scattered or dead, what was the point?

Rommie's face went blank as she activated a calm channel to the her sister ships. "All high guard ships, this is the Andromeda Ascendant. Prepare for code Black Omega transmission." She narrowed her eyes as the symbols for the remainder of the fleet of AIs appeared on the screen to show their attention. "Implement plan Furies, authorization Andromeda Vedra Tau Ceti." The symbols blinked in acknowledgement. "Andromeda Ascendant out!" Now all she had to do was sit back and wait. They would be here soon, and then the real fun would start.