RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +







Story Notes:

 

ABANDONED!

Author's Note: Based on three Challenges.

I ONLY WANTED YOU TO LOVE ME CHALLENGE
This one is another one liner challenge. The story revolves around one character saying this to the other. by Peja

Second Challenge....Turning Point:


Our characters all have a turning point that brings them to some change in the series...I.E: Blair asked the nurse he was ......tutoring to let him know if anyone displayed the symptoms of heightened senses...which brought him to Jim....or Blair chose not to let Alex and Jim meet at the beginning, which caused Jim to throw him out and get him tossed into the fountain. if they'd made a different choice they would have gone in a different direction along the time line....Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to have your character make that different choice and see if it leads him/her round to the same ending point.. By Peja

58b Have your characters relive the Titanic or a ship wreck. They could be on a holodeck or dreaming or sick and having delusions or daydreaming while watching a film or acting in a play or telling a story to a child or group, you tell us. They can be alone or with other members of the fandom. This can be original or fanfic. By owrai_wa_no_baka

Spoilers: A whole bunch of Episodes right up to the second season end.



*~*~*~*~*


Part 1 You act like you were just born tonight face down in the memory of feelin all right.

Harper watched as Dylan loaded the triple nova bomb or Betsy on to the Eureka Maroo. Mind twitching as he watched the man play with the large weapon he suddenly had a bad feeling about this. Like if he let Dylan go on this mission, he would not come back.

"So, uh boss, you aren't really gonna fly this in to the dimensional hole are you?" He asked as the side of his mouth twitched in anxiety.

Dylan looked down from his handling of the bomb and stared his engineer directly in the eyes. "Yes, as a matter of fact I am. Do you have a problem with that Harper?"

"I might."

"Well get over it, Mr. Harper. We have a mission to do, and a Common Wealth to save. Now if you will hand me those braces I can finish securing the weapon to the Maroo." Dylan looked back to the Nova Bomb and held out his hand expectantly.

Harper sighed as he complied. Instead of removing his hand immediately he stroked Dylan's open palm lovingly. "Please, don't go. We can find another way."

"There is no other way." He turned to the smaller man and gave a weary smile. "I am sorry but there is no other choice. I don't trust any of the others to do it and not come back. It's just too great a risk."

"Well, I can't lose you too. There has been too many lost as it is Dylan. Besides, what will the Commonwealth be if you aren't here? Do you think the others can keep your dream alive with out you here?"

"I have faith that they can, that is all I need." Dylan turned back to the bomb and started to secure the braces in place. "Besides I plan on coming back." He added silently.

"Who are you trien to kid boss? You don't believe that any more than I do. Please, at least let me come with?" Coming up between Dylan and the bomb, Harper wrapped his arms around the High Guard Captain's waist. "I can be a very stimulating travel companion. Give me a can of Sparky cola and I am yours for life." He nuzzled the larger man's chest as arms came down around his shoulders. "Trust in the Harper, for the Harper is good in all things."

"What do you think you are doing?" Amused, Dylan couldn't help smiling down on the man in his arms.

"I am a Earth based creature. We like to be fed regularly, kept in the sun, and stroked." He looked up waggling his eyebrows. "Come on, pet me. You know ya wanna. Harpers are friendly, lovable, loyal, and we even taste good or so I'm told."

Dylan bent his head forward. "I'm sure you are." Slowly he kissed the younger man in to oblivion.

Harper, taking this as a sign to continue jumped on Dylan and wrapped his legs around the taller man.

"Harper, we don't have time for this."

"Sure we do boss. Just a quickie before we go."

"Before I go."

"What ever, just take me you big handsome lug of a man. Just in case you misunderstood that. It was part sarcasm, part order." He smiled in to Dylan's lips as they met again.

As they broke apart Dylan tightened his grip on the wily engineer. "Since when did you outrank me?"

"Since you started to get in my pants. Hey watch that hand, I don't know where it's been."

"So about five minutes ago you became a higher ranking officer, and I know where it's been and we both know where it's going." Dylan stroked Harper through the front of his pants.

"These. Off. Now." Harper said as he tugged on the larger man's clothes.

"What ever you say Mr. Harper." Dylan quickly undid his pants and pulled them down to his ankles as Harper stripped completely. "Where is the lube?"

Harper pulled a little tube from his tool belt. "Never come unprepared, pun intended."

"Protection?"

"None, no time."

"Right." Dylan shook his head and slicked up his member. Soon he was nailing Harper to the side of the Maroo.

Harper's head was screaming from the stimulation so much so he nearly missed Beka and Tyr entering the docking bay. Beka smirked as Tyr raised an eyebrow. Harper waved them off towards the Maroo as Dylan started to grunt his orgasm. He threw back his head, squeezing his eyes shut as his own orgasm hit while he called Dylan's name.

Dylan rested his head against Harper's, forehead to forehead. "That was incredible, Mr. Harper."

"Yeah well I aim to please." He spoke breathlessly. "I have wanted you to do that since I first seen you. The only thing I could think of was some Greek God, and what you looked like under that uniform. I am happy to say you look better in real life than in my imagination."

Dylan snorted. "So do you." He stiffened suddenly. "Time to get back to work Mr. Harper."

"Nah, you're done, Dylan."

Dylan looked up at Harper's face but soon was seeing stars as the brace hit his head. "I'm sorry, but I can't risk losing you too."

"Harper, if you are through playing Mataharie, we can use you in the engineering section so we can lift off."

"Ha ha, Beka. Just give me a minute." With a sigh he kissed the larger man one more time before dragging him across the docking bay to be placed in the cargo lock. He quickly dressed and ran to board the Maroo with the others. Once inside he walked on to the bridge to his station and glared at Beka and Tyr. "You know, he is probably never going to speak to me, much less forgive me for doing this to him."

"Well look on the bright side boy, we may not live for much longer so you won't have to worry about that." Tyr gave his patented smirk.

"Gee, thanks, that really helps, not. Where did you learn to be sensitive, Nietzschien summer camp?"

"Knock it off you two, we have a bomb to deliver, express to these dimension jumping bastards." Beka activated the Maroo's drives and drifted out of the Andromeda's cargo hold. "Five minutes to target. Every one hang on, this is going to be a bumpy ride."

"Beka leave the dramatic stuff to the professionals, just fly the ship."

"Fine bite my head off why don't you."

Harper snorted. "Don't tempt me."

Beka set the ship on auto and turned in her chair to face Harper. "I'm sorry, it was the only way. We both know that. He will forgive us eventually."

"Yeah, may be you, but me he will never forgive. I might as well die out here for all he will care when he wakes."

"Look Harper, I'm sorry..." An alarm went off behind her. "We are approaching the event horizon. Arming Nova Bomb. Thirty seconds until drop point."

"Steady at the wheel Beka. We don't want to jostle her any more than necessary." Harper checked the readings on the engines. "Drives at seventy percent and holding."

"Ten seconds, Tyr are you in place."

"Weapon's guidance is locked."

"Five, four, three, two, release."

"Nova Bomb away."

"Direct hit, Beka get us out of here now." Harper's fearful voice called out.

"I can't the engines are shutting down. Those damn aliens are in the drive compartment."

"I'm on it." Running as fast as his legs could carry him, Harper blazed through the ship. As he entered the engine compartment he noticed several grates smoking. "Beka the main engine control panels are fried, I am rerouting through life support." He looked around at the dead bodies of the aliens. "Oh and don't worry about our alien friends they have gone extra crispy. I have rerouted the controls now get us the hell out of here."

"Harper get out of there, the gases are building, the entire compartment is going to blow." Beka cried out as the ship rocked with the first blast wave.

"No time, just get us home." Harper started to cough as he was thrown over the side of the railing on to the drive fuel tanks when the compartment was bathed in a chemical blast. He screamed as the dead alien bodies fell on top of him and their acidic blood coated him.

"Harper! Harper!" Beka's voice resounded through out the engine room just before the bulkheads shut and sealed off the room. Before any one knew it the ship was bathed in white light and thrown about like a rag doll. This was the last memory Harper had as he passed out from the pain in his lower abdomen and head.

***************************************************************

Dylan stumbled on to the bridge clutching his sore head as the ship's alarms were going off. The sounds of Trance cheering as she destroyed the last of the unknown enemy ships rang out. Rommie's avatar walked up in front of him and stood at ready posture. "Report."

"Delivery of the Nova Bomb was successful. The Maroo is on a return trajectory as we speak." She appeared concerned at the way he was clutching his head. "What happened, I thought you were supposed to be flying the Maroo."

"I was, then Harper pulled a fast one on me and I got knocked out. Where are Beka and Tyr?"

"Scans indicate they were on the Maroo when she left dock along with..."

"Harper. I should have known. When they get back I want to speak with them. No wait a minute, get them on the communications I want to yell at them now." He stumbled over to his post still holding his sore spot.

"Communications open. I'm not receiving any signals from the Maroo." Her holo image appeared and turned to the stunned Trance and Dylan. "The Maroo is on auto pilot Dylan. She still isn't answering our communications." Her image flickered. "Dylan, I'm not detecting any atmosphere in the command area. The entire deck has been exposed to space."

"Any life signs?"

"Scanning." The holo image look startled as she spoke again. "One partial human life sign in the engineering section"

"Clarify, partial."

"I can't Dylan. What ever is going on the life signs are fading fast. I am tractoring the Maroo in to my cargo bay. My drones will meet you there."

"Trance, Rommie, you're with me." Dylan fled the deck before either could respond to his orders. So consumed with his worry over the partial lifesign that he forgot about the other two missing members of his crew. Once inside the Maroo he found the engineering section sealed off by emergency blast doors. By the time he had them open Trance and Rommie had arrived to help.

"Dylan I think we should be very careful about what is on the other side of these doors. We don't know if it is one of our crew or something else. Just in case I recommend Rommie go first." Trance looked at him pleadingly.

"Very well, Rommie take point. Be careful with what ever you find. Move out." Cautiously they entered the burned out room. The charred remains of several aliens were scattered across the decks. "Looks like a massacre. What do you think Rommie?"

"I think they tried to stop them." She kicked the charcoal of what was one of the aliens. "And evidently they failed."

Moaning over to their left alerted them to the presence of their fallen crewmember.

"Rommie. Trance. Get down there, I am heading to the bridge."

"Understood."

Dylan abruptly turned and headed for the bridge. He could not face Harper at the moment. On the bridge he stopped dead in his tracks.

"Dylan, something is wrong with Harper. He has serious injuries from the explosion, and he has been exposed to the alien's blood. We have no information on them so we do not know what kind of effects this will have. What do you wish me to do about it?" A pregnant pause. "Dylan? Dylan are you all right?"

He gulped and bit back his grief. "No, no Rommie I am not. When you get Harper to the med deck, I want you to send a few drones here to... Clean up and repair the ship."

"Why, what did you find?"

"Just... just get it done... please!"

"Of coarse, Captain."