RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


The next morning Feral reported to work as usual but the Sergeant could see he'd had a restless night.

"Anything to report, Sergeant." Feral asked him as he sat down carefully in his chair.

"I have some promising leads, sir. A couple of clubs that may fit your description. I was going to check them out this morning." The Sergeant told Feral.

"Good! Carry on!" Feral said as he turned to his desk full of work.

"Yes sir!" The Sergeant snapped briskly and quickly left the Commander's office. Privately he truly wished the Commander had let him tell his niece. His boss needed someone to comfort him. Sighing inwardly the Sergeant completed his days tasks for Feral then pursued his hopeful leads.

The Sergeant had a disappointing day. It wasn't until a week later that he finally found the trail leading to the Commander's kidnapers.

"Sir, I found the club you were taken to, unfortunately, they had already vamoosed. The name of the owner was fake and untraceable. What little information I could find indicated the criminals had left town. A waiter had overheard them say things had gone sour and had been told to decamp and give up the club as a loss. From there the case has gone cold. I'm sorry, sir." He said angry and upset that he couldn't catch the culprits that had caused his boss so much pain.

"I'm sorry too, Sergeant. I know you did your best. Put it in the cold case files and return to your other cases." Feral said bitterly.

The Sergeant nodded and departed. He filed the case away but planned on keeping tabs on it when he had time.

Days then weeks passed, Feral had managed to avoid his psych exam on the pretext that he was too busy which was true. The omegas had begun a new wave of attacks that were even more damaging than any before.

Feral didn't want a shrink poking around in his head even though, admittedly, his head at present was constantly afflicting him with flashbacks and his nights were filled with replays of the rape.

This made him more irritable and quicker to anger on the job. His niece and the SWAT Kats began to bear the brunt of Feral's fouler than normal behavior.

"Crud, T-Bone. I thought Feral was going to actually begin beating on you. I don't think I've ever seen him lose control that badly before." Razor said as they quickly made for the Turbokat while he watched Feral carefully over his shoulder. Felina and the Sergeant were holding him back from charging after the SWAT Kats.

"Yeah, wonder what's got his tail in a knot." T-Bone grumbled still hot from the heated exchange with Feral. "He was just asking for a pounding."

"Glad you didn't give in to it or we'd be sitting in a jail cell right now." Razor said unhappily as the jet lifted into the sky. T-Bone only grunted in agreement.

Feral pulled away from his niece and Sergeant and stormed toward his cruiser. They watched in worried concern as he peeled out and headed back to Headquarters.

Felina looked at the Sergeant, "What is wrong with my uncle? I've never seen him soo out of control."

"I'm sorry Lieutenant. I'm not allowed to say." The Sergeant said unhappily and left Felina as he found a ride with another patrol.

Felina watched him leave. She was upset and angry. Something bad had happened recently to her uncle. She'd heard rumors but nothing tangible. Sighing to herself, she returned to her chopper and her patrol.

As a couple of months past, Feral discovered he had a new problem. He sat and stared in horror at the little stick in his paw. He'd been feeling strange this past month and had a terrible suspicion so had purchased one of those pregnancy tests.

"Oh god! What am I going to do now." He moaned in fear and anguish. "I can't tell anyone about this. I'm just going to have to hide it. Don't want anyone to feel pity for me...dammit!" He choked, dropping the stick on the floor and burying his face in his paws.

The months past and Feral became more and more depressed. His temper kept spiraling out of control as his belly slowly expanded. He loosened his clothes and because he was so large the pregnancy remained hidden. But as he got closer to delivery his terror increased.

During this time the omegas stepped up their attacks and, as if that weren't bad enough, a small gang war erupted between drug lords. The enforcers and the SWAT Kats were kept constantly busy trying to defuse the escalating violence.

A joint effort between the SWAT Kats and the enforcers finally put an end to the gang war and jailing some of the omegas except for two.

"Dammit, why did it have to be those two again!" T-Bone fumed as he maneuvered the jet to attack Dark Kat's fear ship.

"I dunno, but we better take out DK before we worry about what Viper's doing." Razor said grimly as he lined up his sights to take out the fear ship. With an improved and more powerful scrambler missile, Razor destroyed the circuits in the fear ship causing it to plunge to the ground. They left the aftermath for the ground forces and headed for the mountain lair where Viper had gone to ground.

"Looks like Feral and the Lieutenant are already here buddy. Let's join them." T-Bone said as he set the jet down near the enforcer choppers. They leaped down and ran toward the mouth of the cavern Viper was suspected of hiding in. Just as they started to run down the earthen ramp into the cavern a rumbling sound reached their ears.

"T-Bone we gotta find shelter fast." Razor shouted looking around frantically and spying a lava tube above their heads. "Let's get up there!" He shot his grappling hook up to the hole and prepared to repel.

Suddenly Feral appeared running away from something. Without a second thought, T-Bone grabbed the Commander just as the big tom reached him and repelled the two of them into the hole just as an explosion blew out from the cavern and brought down the entrance. When the dust settled a wall of dirt could be seen blocking the exit but they were safe in the lava tube.

"Where's Viper, Commander?" T-Bone asked.

Feral made a silencing gesture then pointed back where he'd come from. They watched as Viper and a group of mutations and creeplings came out of the tunnel.

"Perfect! That will keep thossse meddlesssome enforcersss from interfering until I'm ready for them." Viper gloated. "Bring that machine in here." He bellowed at the creatures around him. Soon a strange machine that was at least six feet tall and four foot wide was rolled into the room. Viper hummed to himself as he began to work on it.

They didn't dare to make a sound since some of Viper's creatures could fly and were near their hideaway.

Keeping his mouth close to T-Bone's ear Razor whispered, "I've got a little something that should destroy that machine but we're going to have to wait for the right moment to use it."

T-Bone nodded in agreement and they continued to watch Viper below them on the cavern floor.