RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


His Sergeant looked shocked when he saw his Commander. Feral sat stiffly in the squad car and he began to shiver a little.

"Sir, are you alright?" The Sergeant asked in concern.

"No!" Feral breathed the word more than said it aloud. "Take me to Enforcer Headquarters." He said his voice a little stronger.

"Yes sir." The Sergeant said worriedly. He set the car in motion and decided a little speed was in order.

Feral reached for the radio. "This is Feral transfer me to the medical section." He demanded. A voice answered "Medical Section!"

"Is Dr. Mewser in yet?" He asked.

"Yes sir, he just arrived." Came the quick response.

"Tell him I'm on my way to see him and no one else understood? I want no one else near me!" He ordered. The voice was surprised and concerned but agreed.

The Sergeant eyed his Commander, his concern rising as they reached Enforcer Headquarters. "Can I be of assistance, sir?" He pleaded with his eyes while maintaining a professional distance.

"Yes. Please come with me, I'll want you to do some things for me to keep the number of kats that will know about what happened to a minimum then I'll want a lift home." Feral said gruffly.

"Of course sir." The Sergeant said quietly and got out and came around the vehicle and waited.

Feral got out of the car slowly. The pain and stiffness having gotten worse and he felt a wetness between his legs. Swallowing hard and shoving the painful thoughts aside he walked slowly up the stairs to the main doors shadowed by the Sergeant. He moved his body determinately toward the elevators and was glad a car swiftly opened. He was soon stepping out into the early morning bustle of the medical floor.

Dr. Mewser was waiting at the triage desk as he walked away from the elevators. A frown of concern graced the doctor's face as he quickly came up to the Commander's side. He didn't ask any questions until he had led Feral into an exam room and before he shut the door, Feral signaled his Sergeant to wait outside it.

"What happened?" Dr. Mewser asked as he put on a pair of examination gloves, his eyes scanning Feral in deep concern.

"I was raped." He said thickly unable to look at the doctor as he sat on the table carefully.

The doctor halted in shock, his mouth gaping. He quickly snapped it shut and took on a more professional mien. "I'll need a rape kit, a photographer, and an assistant." He said quietly.

"Please keep the number of kats as few as possible and strict security and privacy must be adhered to." Feral ordered softly.

"Understood, sir!" Dr. Mewser said quietly and left the room.

Feral sat on the table staring at the floor, his mind going numb. He should get his thoughts together but was unable to without shuddering inside and wanting to run away screaming. He was having more trouble keeping from being sick, his head was throbbing and the shivers were getting worse.

Mewser returned after about ten minutes followed by a serious faced young male and an older female. The male carried a camera.

"If you would sit up a little more sir while I take photos of you please." The young male said politely keeping a bland face and calm demeanor.

Feral shuddered but pulled himself upright slowly blindly staring ahead. The male quickly took several photos.

"Alright sir, we need to do this again with clothes off." The male requested and politely turned around to wait. The nurse and Dr. Mewser gently aided Feral in removing his clothes. They bagged them as he took them off. He was shivering badly enough his teeth were beginning to chatter.

"Nurse get some heated blankets and be quick about the photos, Fletcher. We need to get his treatment started now. He's obviously in shock." Mewser ordered briskly.

Young Fletcher nodded and quickly took several photos from different angles. He finished quickly and again turned around and waited. He would be taking the rape kit material, bag of clothes and the photos to the lab and he would be doing the report himself. Mewser had chosen young Fletcher because he was a sharp CSI scientist and was well know for his discretion in delicate situations.

Mewser had Feral lay down as the nurse quickly returned and began to cover Feral with the warmed blanket. "Start an IV of ringers and draw some blood for a chem panel while I begin the exam." He told the nurse quietly. She nodded. Mewser took Feral's vital signs while the nurse got the IV going and drew blood to send to the lab.

"Alright let's get the rape kit done." He said solemnly. The nurse assisted him as he did the exam. "There's been some tearing to the rectum but none to the vagina except for the hymen being torn. Nothing that needs stitches." He murmured softly as the nurse made notes of his findings for the kit. "I'll clean it up and apply some pain killing cream." He was done quickly and handed off the kit and Feral's bagged clothes to Fletcher who left along with the nurse.

"I know you may want to leave now but I need you to stay put for a couple of hours to insure you've recovered from the shock. I'll use a mild analgesic to ease your pain but not knock you out. I'll go get that now. Do you want the Sergeant to take your statement now?" He asked softly.

"Yes, please and thank you." Feral said too exhausted to argue. The doctor nodded and ushered the Sergeant in before leaving and closing the door behind him.

The Sergeant walked up to the bed hesitantly. Commander Feral looked worse than when he first brought him in. "You need me sir?" He asked carefully.

"Yes, I need you to take my statement and to process it yourself. You're to keep the enforcers that need to know to the barest minimum and to do the investigation yourself. Understood?" Feral asked still staring at the ceiling.

"Yes sir." The Sergeant answered briskly. He felt his stomach tighten. Something very bad had happened and he wasn't sure he really wanted to know what it was as he took out his notebook and prepared to write and ask questions.

In a flat monotone Feral gave all the facts he knew and guesses on the identities of the perpetrators and descriptions of same. The Sergeant now had a tension headache to go with his tight stomach. He'd been right it was bad and he had a hard time concealing his pity and sorrow for the Commander. He asked a few pertinent questions before tucking his notebook away.

"I'll take care of this as soon as I return to my office. Should I contact Lt. Feral, sir?" The Sergeant asked.

"No! Say nothing to her!" Feral said sharply then softened, "I'll be released in a few hours. Please go to my office and get my spare uniform."

"Certainly, sir." The Sergeant answered and left the room closing the door quietly behind him. He quickly rushed up to Feral's office and grabbed the spare uniform and raced back down. He knocked, came into the room and hung the uniform on the clothes hook on the wall.

"I'll go to my office now sir and get started on this report. You can reach me there when you are ready to go home." He said politely.

"Thank you." Feral said tirededly and closed his eyes and tried to rest. He felt numb at the moment. His pain was dropping down to a dull ache as the drugs the doctor had given him began to work. He barely heard the Sergeant leave the room.

A few hours later, Dr. Mewser reentered to check on his patient. "How are you feeling now, Commander?"

"Sore and tired still." Feral said his voice thick. "Can I leave now?"

"I wish you would stay here but I know how much you hate this place and you'll probably recover quicker at home. I have scheduled you for a psych exam on Thursday. I'll give the time to your secretary." He told him firmly. He helped Feral to sit up. Feral kept the sheet tightly to him.

Feral felt his shoulders tighten. He didn't like psych exams under normal conditions but knew he wouldn't be allowed to avoid it. Swallowing hard and trying to calm himself, he realized just how much fury and sorrow was rapidly trying to overtake him.

"Do you need help to dress?" Mewser asked solicitously.

"No, I can manage. Thank you." Feral said carefully. "Would you call my Sergeant, he'll give me a lift home."

"Alright. Before you leave, please stop by the desk. I'm going to leave you some more cream, pain killers and a sleep aid. Please take them! What you've been through shouldn't be toughed out, at least not the first night. You need to talk to someone about this as well or it will begin to affect your ability to do your job objectively." Mewser urged knowing how stubborn his Commander could be.

Feral just nodded not speaking. Dr. Mewser sighed, familiar with his taciturn Commander's ways and left him alone to get dressed.

A heavy silence blanketed the car, as the Sergeant drove the Commander to his apartment. Except to tell him to reschedule his days appointments and warn against any calls to him, the Commander had said nothing more about what had happened. The Sergeant watched him walk into his apartment building before he left to return to Enforcer Headquarters to continue working on the report and begin an investigation he wished fervently had never happened.

Inside his apartment, Feral carefully locked his door then made his way to his bedroom where he stripped his clothes again. He went into the bathroom and turned on the shower. He waited for it to get hot before stepping in. Alone at last, he let the tears of humiliation, anguish and sorrow flow down his face. He didn't stop himself from sliding to the floor of the shower as he huddled in abject misery.

When the water cooled, he dragged himself out and stood under the dryers. Mechanically he applied the vaginal and rectal creams to ease his soreness and took a pain pill but refused to take the sleeping pills. He crawled under his covers and curled into a fetal ball as fresh tears chased him into exhausted slumber.