RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


The following weeks were peaceful and omega free for once. It allowed Chance and Jake to concentrate on shutting down the garage at last. They had already sealed up the old hangar permanently. If they needed the Turbokat they would simply remotely recall it from their new hangar. They kept their cyclotrons close at hand.

Chance had found some old friends that ran a garage and referred the old lady kat there. He didn't tell Callie yet until they officially paid off the garage and closed it. They no longer worked on cars or accepted any more tows. Their only work was to process the salvage, the rest of their time was spent fixing up Chance's new home.

It had taken a bit of hard bargaining to get the counsel member to give up the piece of land behind Chance's new home and Chance still felt they'd paid too much, but Jake had told him a home was priceless and he could afford it easily. So the deal was made and Jake was moving ahead to make the empty field a secured copter pad for Uly and landing space for the Turbokat.

On days they had no salvage to process, they would get out to Chance's new place early in the morning and work until dusk. Uly was curious about what they were doing since Chance was always tired, dirty and sweaty when he finally saw him in the evening but his mate would only smile when asked, giving nothing away.

"It's a surprise love." Chance said one night as he went to shower off the grime.

"Surprise for who?" Uly asked pursuing him to the bathroom.

"For us!" He said then kissed his mate and pushed him gently back out the door and closed it.

Feral stood there nonplused. He was burning with curiosity.

When T-Bone came out of the bathroom his mate was undressed and waiting for him on the bed. The tabby gave his very pregnant mate a tender look. Moving to the bed, he lay down beside Ulysses and began to caress his swollen belly then laid his head on it.

"Have you decided about what you'll do with the kitten after it's born?" T-Bone asked quietly.

Feral caressed his mate's hair idly and sighed. "I don't think, after carrying it this long, I could let it go."

T-Bone smiled in relief. "I'm glad. I've become very attached to it already even though it's still in your belly." He said warmly then raised his head and gave his mate a deep and loving kiss.

Feral moaned and leaned into the kiss. Though it was more difficult to have sex they managed. T-Bone rolled his mate on his side and entered from behind. Uly leaned his head back to kiss the tabby. T-Bone caressed his mate's front. Ulysses groaned with intense pleasure as his mate gently thrust slowly drawing the pleasure out for both of them. They came on a sweet wave of throbbing gratification. T-Bone withdrew and nuzzled his mate's neck and licked his cheek. Uly sighed enjoying the afterglow then groaned in pain a moment later. He took his paw and rubbed a section of his belly that was showing movement.

"Someone apparently didn't appreciate that!" He grumbled.

T-Bone added his paw and was amazed at the feel of something, perhaps a foot thumping his paw. "Junior is an active little thing isn't he?" He murmured.

"Huh! What makes you think it's a tom?" Feral snorted in amusement.

"I don't really, just thought I'd say it." T-Bone said shrugging.

"Well let's hope our kitten will let its mother get some much needed sleep. That's getting harder to come by lately." Uly groaned again and rubbed his lower back this time.

"Here love let me give you a little rub down and see if that helps and, you know, pillows help a bit too. Hang on..." T-Bone said and climbed out of bed to get a wash cloth to clean them up and some pillows for Uly. Returning a few minutes later he washed his mate up then positioned a few pillows between his pregnant mate's legs and chest.

"There let's see if that gives you some relief and now I'll give you that back rub. You just try and go to sleep, love." T-Bone said tenderly as he began a soothing rub on Feral's lower back muscles. "I love you!" He whispered into Uly's ear.

"I love you too!" Ulysses said softly in return closing his eyes and enjoying the attention.

Finally, a week before Feral's due date, the SWAT Kats completed all their projects. The house was ready for furniture to be added. Chance thought Uly might want some of his stuff there and they could purchase some new ones together. Chance had gotten a custom made bed for them though. That would be his gift to his mate.

Chance had recently applied and been accepted at a motorcycle testing center on the same side of town as his new home. He told his new employers that he wouldn't be able to start work for at least another month and they agreed pleased enough with his exceptional skills to be willing to wait for him.

Together they finally closed their garage and moved the last of their mechanics gear to the new hangar. They visited Callie at her office and gave her the news and the name of the garage she could take her car to in the future.

"You've closed the garage? But what about the debt you owe Commander Feral?" Callie asked in shocked surprise.

"We're on our way to pay it off now." Chance said with a happy grin on his face.

"But how...?" She asked, totally confused.

"I earned it selling my ideas where they are accepted and getting paid well for it." Jake said smugly.

"Jake that's wonderful! I'm so glad for you. But what are you both going to do now?" Callie asked curiously.

"I've already applied and been hired at the Harley Motorcycle Research Center as their test rider." Chance said proudly.

"And I intend to stay a free lance inventor and designer of jets and weapons." Jake added.

She stared at them both in amazement. She was truly happy for them but she'd miss talking to them at their garage. "Congratulations and I wish you both the best of luck in your new careers. Please keep in touch with me though. I'll really miss you guys." She said and hugged them both.

"Thanks Callie, we'll keep in touch we promise." Jake said warmly as they took their leave.

As they walked down the hall to the elevator, Jake said wistfully, "I'm going to miss seeing her as often as we did when we did her car. Our alter egos will be the only ones that see her more often now."

"Yeah. I guess we should make sure its more often than that. Anyway, I'm looking forward to our next stop." Chance said bouncing on his toes in excitement.

"Yeah me too." Jake said as they hurried through the crowds in the main lobby of city hall and made for their bikes.

Their next stop was Enforcer Headquarters and the billing section.

"Can I help you?" The officious officer asked.

"Yeah, we've come to pay off our debt." Chance said flatly not liking this guy much.

"The debt in question?" The officer asked.

"Payment for damages rendered to the Enforcer Building by Chance Furlong and Jake Clawson." Jake intoned.

The officer looked at them in surprise. "You say you're going to pay it off?" He asked in shock. The amount owed was ridiculously high.

"That's what we said. We have an account with the cash in it and we are giving you the access number to transfer it. We intend to wait right here until the transaction is completed and we have our receipt." Jake said seriously.

Jake had taken Chance to a bank and opened a joint account for this purpose alone and had the money transferred from his secret account for the payment. They didn't want the enforcers digging into their private lives. They had done the transaction over a month ago so that it would not be construed as a possible illegal account.

Suspicious of the pair the officer was very careful conducting the transaction. He took down their information and handled the inquiry himself. It was only minutes later that he received confirmation from a legitimate account at Megakat Bank that a transfer of the full sum owed had been deposited to the billing center account at Enforcer Headquarters.

Still shaking his head, the officer finished up the paperwork, made a receipt for the amount paid and gave the pair their copy of it showing paid in full and Jake insisted he annotate the debt as they stood their to ensure no mistakes or failure to complete on the part of the Enforcers was made. On their way out of the building they stopped at a secretary's desk and pleaded with her to make them a copy of the receipt.

Grinning in delight, the pair left Enforcer Headquarters with lighter hearts and the original and a copy of the paid in full statement clutched in their paws. Now they only had one stop left for the day. They got on their bikes and went back to their old home one last time. They waited for Burke and Murray to show. By late afternoon the annoying pair finally drove into the yard. Chance and Jake walked up to their truck with smiles on their faces and handed them the photocopy of the payment then handed them the keys.

"Read it and weep, creeps. It's yours again. Enjoy!" Chance said sarcastically. He didn't wait for a response as he climbed aboard his bike and drove away with Jake at his side leaving Burke and Murray with their mouths hanging open in shock.

They rode to Jake's place to hang out and finally take a well deserved break. They watched TV for a while then decided to take in a movie. They got back to Jake's place by nearly dinner time. Chance said good night to his buddy and went to be with his mate. It had been a really great day.

Despite all their other problems having been solved, there was one major one left for T-Bone. As Uly got closer to delivery they both got more nervous and tense. T-Bone did everything he could to try and keep his mate calm. Feral was plagued with the memory of the first kitten's death and it haunted him in nightmares when he tried to take naps and get as much rest as he could. T-Bone wished there was something more he could do to ease his mate's concerns but all he could do was offer comfort whenever the nightmares hit. The waiting was getting to them both.

Three days before his due date, Feral woke at dawn moaning in pain. His back was hurting bad and he needed to pee urgently. He struggled out of bed waking his mate.

"What do you need love?" T-Bone asked groggily.

"Gotta pee and my back hurts." Uly panted as he got to his feet.

T-Bone shoved the bedding off himself and quickly padded after his mate. Uly was bent over on the toilet holding his belly.

"Love?" T-Bone asked suddenly worried.

"Ohhhh...it hurts." Uly groaned tightly.

His heart in his throat, T-Bone quickly placed a paw on his mate's belly and waited. A second later, Uly groaned, and the tabby felt a tightness under his paw. Seconds later it eased only to return a few minutes later. T-Bone straightened and left the bathroom racing for his communicator.

"Razor!" He said sharply. "Uly's in labor. Get here on the double." He didn't wait for his partner's reply as he returned to his mate.

"Come on love. The kitten's finally decided to come so let's get a few clothes on you for the trip to the medical suite. Okay?" He said as he helped his mate to his feet and got him back into the bedroom and sitting on the bed.

T-Bone dragged out a pair of sweat pants and a T-shirt, no underwear, and a pair of loafers. By the time he got Uly dressed he heard the Turbokat arrive. He hurriedly got himself dressed and went to the door to let in his partner.

Razor and T-Bone gently helped Feral to his feet and slowly walked him out of his apartment. T-Bone turned and locked it then slipped an arm back around his mate's waist and moved him along to the stairs and up them to the roof. They had to pause numerous times as contractions gripped Feral hard and prevented him from moving forward.

It took at least ten minutes to get Feral from the apartment to the jet but finally they were airborne. Razor flew the jet while T-Bone timed the contractions and rubbed Uly's back in the cargo hold.

Ten more minutes and they had arrived at their new base. Razor had notified Medi of their impending arrival. The robot used the time to prepare the suite for a birthing then waited for their arrival with a gurney in the hangar. Razor had barely set down and shut the engines when he lowered the ramp. Medi moved swiftly with the gurney up the ramp to the Commander who was already on his feet.

"Here Master T-Bone let us get him onto the gurney. It will be easier for him." Medi said. They helped Uly get comfortable and then blindfolded him before quickly rolling him toward the elevator. Razor trotted behind them. They whisked up to the medical suite and rolled him into the medical bay.

Medi and T-Bone gently undressed Uly once more and positioned him for the birth. He was raised to a partial seated position and his feet were placed in stirrups. Medi made a quick exam with his scanner than a visual one.

"It will be quick. I thought it might be when you described the first birth." Medi pronounced his verdict.

Feral moaned tightly, his paws gripping the sheets in a death grip as a particularly vicious contraction hit. The intensity increased over the next hour as he labored. T-Bone gave Uly ice chips to suck on and rubbed his back.

At one point Uly cried out in terror. T-Bone hugged him tightly and licked face and muttered soothing nonsense at him to calm him down. It seemed to help so the tabby kept his face close and nuzzled his exhausted mate and encouraged him.

To Feral it seemed to take forever and the pain was unending but only three hours later he was pushing for all he was worth. The kitten finally made its appearance at seven a.m. squalling its head off to both its parents relief. Medi placed the newborn on its mother's stomach while it attended to the mother's care.

T-Bone and Ulysses stared in wonder at their little female kitten. Razor peered over his partner's shoulder.

"She's a beauty guys." He said smiling.

"Oh yeah!" T-Bone breathed too enamored of his new daughter to say anything else.

"She's perfect!" Uly whispered softly.

Finished cleaning up and delivering the afterbirth, Medi came up to Uly's side. "I need to check her over, get her weight, and bathe her. You can watch." It said as it gently lifted the kitten into its arms and took it over to the exam table meant for it. Father and mother watched enchanted as Medi performed the needed tasks swiftly and efficiently and soon their little daughter was back in their arms.

"You should try to feed her Commander. It will aid your milk production and give her your antibodies." Medi advised.

T-Bone helped place their daughter against one of Uly's small breasts and at Medi's direction helped her grasp the nipple. Feral gasped at the sensation as their kitten latched on and began to suck vigorously.

"That will also help to tighten your uterus and return it to its normal shape more quickly." Medi informed Feral then rolled a bassinet close to the bed and left them to get Feral a meal. Razor smiled at the happy family before taking his leave to get breakfast for himself and T-Bone.