RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


Razor landed the Turbokat in the field ten minutes later. T-Bone rode his cyclotron up the ramp his partner had lowered. As the ramp raised once more, the tabby and his mate climbed off. T-Bone secured his bike, took the helmet from Uly and waved the dark tom to a jump seat. Once Feral was seatbelted he leaned down to kiss him briefly before putting a blindfold on him. Patting his mate on the shoulder he climbed up to the cockpit to take over from Razor.

In moments they were headed to their island base. Over the past few months, the two of them had made a great deal of progress. The hangar was completed as were the living quarters, medical suite and a variety of workshops. There was still a great deal more to be done but the new base was liveable.

On their private com circuit, T-Bone told Razor what had transpired.

"Wow! T-Bone, this tiger was that hot for Feral that he was willing to break your bonding?" Razor said in shock.

"Yeah! That arrogant SOB really thought he could take my mate and I wouldn't put up a fuss?" T-Bone said still fuming about the assertions the tiger had made to Feral. Uly had told him the whole sordid business while they waited for Razor.

"That's nuts! Is he that wealthy he thinks he can do anything he wants?" Razor asked in disbelief.

"Oh yeah, that wealthy and that arrogant. Well he's not getting another chance. Uly is staying here until I find a way to convince that tiger that my mate is off limits." T-Bone said grimly.

"You know you're making Feral's humiliation worse by forcing him to hide while you take care of this for him, buddy? He's got his pride too you know and he's not used to asking for help." Razor warned quietly.

"I know! But in his condition he's very vulnerable and he knows it. He admitted it to me." T-Bone said tightly then sighed, "I know this is upsetting for him but I just don't see another way to protect him. This tiger is powerful and he could kidnap Uly easily. I've got to find an effective way to permanently convince him to stay away from my mate."

"Yeah, I see your point T-Bone." Razor sighed. "I'll help you think of something." He said as they came in for a landing.

T-Bone hopped down into the cargo hold and walked his mate out the lowered ramp. Holding his arm he guided him to the elevator that led to the upper floors in the mountain. They decanted on the floor where their bedrooms were located. Their living quarters were a floor below. He walked his mate into his bedroom and made him sit on the bed while he looked around to be sure there were no evidence of his alter ego. Taking down some pictures of himself and Jake, he placed them in Jake's room and returned to take the blindfold off his mate.

Feral noticed right off that he wasn't in the medical suite. He looked around the pleasant room that was clearly his mates. There was a large king size bed with bookcase headboard filled with comics. There were pictures of jets and one of the Turbokat on the walls and one wall was bare with nails that told him T-Bone had just removed something because it gave away his identity. There was a matching dresser, a small desk, a small TV planted on top of it, a game machine on a shelf above it and a comfortable easy chair with a reading lamp arcing over it. A rug with warm colors was on the floor. Above his head was a skylight that let in the late afternoon sun. Whether T-Bone realized it or not, it gave Feral clues to his mates true personality and he liked what he saw.

"The bathroom is between our bedrooms. I'm trusting you to not let your curiosity get the better of you. You are restricted to this bedroom and the bathroom." T-Bone said seriously.

"I understand, love. I will not betray your trust." Feral said solemnly. "I better contact Ms. Briggs and tell her what has happened." He said unhappily.

T-Bone drew his mate into a warm hug. "I know you'd rather handle this yourself and it grates on you to sit back and let others take care of it instead. This tiger is dangerous and I simply can't risk you and the kitten's welfare on the off chance you might manage to keep out of his paws. I'll solve this, I promise. If everything works out right no one but us, Ms. Briggs, and the tiger's people will ever know what really took place." T-Bone said encouragingly.

Feral eyed his overly optimistic mate wryly but nodded in agreement.

"I want you to get some rest. I'll be back to share dinner with you. Here's the remote for the TV. Try and relax." T-Bone said in parting then left him alone.

Sighing, Feral looked around again then stripped his clothes off until he was only in his T-shirt and boxers and flopped down onto the comfortable bed. He had pulled his cell phone out of his coat and now flipped it open and speed dialed Ms. Briggs' personal number.

"Ms. Briggs? I have something disturbing to tell you. Would you please find a secure place to talk to me." He asked her without preamble.

"Alright, hold on a moment." Callie said in concern. She walked out of her office and went up to the clock tower room. "Okay, I'm secure. What's happened?"

Telling her was just as excruciating as the last time he'd spoken to her on a personal matter. It left a bad taste in his mouth and burning with embarrassment yet again. Callie could hear the suppressed fury in the Commander's voice as she listened in shocked anger to his story. She couldn't blame T-Bone for hiding his mate away to protect him but she also understood Feral's feelings of humiliation.

"That is just blatant sexual harassment, Commander. Unfortunately, we really need this trade agreement..." She trailed off in consternation. It grated on her that they couldn't take action against the arrogant tiger.

"T-Bone stated he and Razor were going to try to come up with a plan that teaches the Marjipoor a lesson that he won't forget and gives up his plans for taking me." Feral told her.

"Hmmm, maybe I should speak to them. I just might be able help. As for the Marjipoor, I'm sure he won't be saying anything about what went on in his hotel room for fear of destroying the agreement he wants just as bad as us. That actually may be the threat we can hold over him..." She trailed off again in thought. "Stay positive Ulysses, you've made it through much worse and you'll make it through this. Get some rest and don't worry. I've gotta go...speak to you later." She said then hung up.

Feral looked at his cell phone in disgust. Tossing it onto the bed he picked up the remote for the TV and settled in to some mindless channel surfing. 'Seems everyone was going to run his life for the next few hours,' He thought irritably.

Down in their hangar, Razor and T-Bone were throwing out various plans for getting back at the Marjipoor when the alarm signal from Briggs sounded.

"Yes Ms. Briggs?" Razor asked.

"Hi Razor. Listen, I just spoke with Feral. You two are trying to come up with a plan to burn the Marjipoor right?" She asked then went on before Razor could reply. "Well I've got an idea that might work." Her voice had an edge of warm anger.

"We're listening!" Razor said. For the next few minutes they listened to Briggs' plan. A wide grin spread across both the SWAT Kats faces.

"That is a very wicked plan, Ms. Briggs and no one would suspect you of doing that. It should work. I say we do this tonight!" T-Bone said with an evil chuckle.

"I agree. See you in the clock tower at the appointed time." Callie said smirking before hanging up.

"Man, I'm glad she's on our side!" Razor said shaking his head. "Okay, I'll get some things ready for tonight. You want to get us some dinner?"

"Yeah. I don't have anything to do until tonight. Pasta and Mongo Peppers?...Maybe some Chinese for Uly too." T-Bone said as he got up to leave.

"Sounds good to me." Razor said distractedly as he moved to his work area.

Midnight...Megakat Royal Hotel...Penthouse Suite...

A pair of dark shadows slipped into the lavish suite. They wore gas masks and released a gas grenade into the penthouse. After a few minutes, they walked through the penthouse carefully walking past the unconscious guards to the master bedroom. A kat dressed in a suit was laying near the door, probably the butler. They found the Marjipoor slumped on his bed still dressed having only just gone to his room to prepare for bed. The larger of the pair draped the white tiger over his shoulder and hauled him back to the balcony doors they had entered. A black jet hovered nearly soundless over the hotel, a metal basket waited for them on the balcony. They boarded and were winched back up to the jet.

Moments later it left for the city hall clock tower. Landing on the copter pad behind the tower, the pair off loaded their prisoner and carried him into the tower room. Ms. Briggs was waiting for them wearing a dark set of sweat clothes.

"Any problems?" She asked as she used a flashlight to study their prisoner.

"Nope. Went smooth as silk. Everyone in the penthouse will be out for a few hours." T-Bone said with satisfaction.

"Ready to wake our 'guest'!" Razor asked.

"Yes, let's get to it." Briggs said grimly.

Razor nodded and administered an antidote for the gas. It took about ten minutes for the Marjipoor to come around. While they waited, the SWAT Kats tied the tiger's paws together and hung him from the ceiling of the tower room then tied his feet together.

The Marjipoor moaned and shook his head. He realized quickly that he'd been gassed...again! He was furious. As he tried to move he discovered he was tied and hung up by his wrists. He glared around trying to see his kidnapers and was stunned when the Deputy Mayor's face appeared suddenly by the light of a flashlight.

"Ms. Briggs, I demand to know what is the meaning of this. My country will take a dim view of its leader being treated in such a manner." He huffed angrily.

"And we take a dim view of sexual harassment, your highness." She said coldly.

He stilled and stared at her in confusion. "I do not know what you are talking about!" He said with equal coldness.

"Oh, I think you know exactly what I'm talking about but just in case, let me refresh your memory. Earlier today you tried to have sex with Commander Feral against his wishes. Even though his pregnancy hormones made him respond to you it did not mean he wanted your attentions. He warned you that he was mated as well as bonded and you ignored him. We call that sexual harassment, your highness." Briggs said bitingly. "You are fortunate his mate didn't slit your throat instead of gassing you earlier."

"Not that I wasn't sorely tempted." T-Bone growled threatenly from the darkness.

The Marjipoor looked hard in the direction of the angry male voice but could see nothing. "I am willing to pay you anything for your mate. He is a rare treasure and would be treated as one. If that is not something you are willing to do then I request a chance to breed him once to acquire a kit by him that hopefully will possess the same traits he possesses." He bargained.

"You sorry sack of shit..." T-Bone snarled furiously jumping forward and clawing the helpless tiger.

"No! Don't kill him! At least not yet!" Another male voice shouted as he grabbed the bigger male and pulled him from the tiger's body.

The tiger was shocked and furious. 'So much trauma for one hermaphrodite male. These Megakat males were crazy.' He thought. "Why are you so enraged? It is a great honor in our country to breed a royal kitten. Many would give their lives for the chance. I do not understand your attitude!" He said in angry confusion.

"It is not considered an honor here, Marjipoor. If a Megakat katizen refuses an unwanted advance and it is ignored the law will prosecute that offender. What you intend is nothing more than slavery. It is not condone here. Commander Feral is bonded to his mate and does not want you. Now if you cannot get that through that arrogant skull of yours then we'll just have to do something very drastic to ensure our Chief Enforcer is kept safe from you." Ms. Briggs said her voice promising something permanent.

"Yeah, there are a lot of places here where a kat can disappear and never be found again." The bigger male's voice growled.

"What of our trade agreement? You need it just as badly as we do?" Marjipoor said cooly still not afraid.

"I did a little checking, I find your heir would insure the agreement would be honored because it would disgrace your royal house for him not to. You are not necessary to insure that happens. Though your people might be upset at your disappearance they will still benefit from the improvements the trade agreement will provide them." Briggs said flatly.

Silence fell heavily in the darkness. The Marjipoor hung there and swallowed finally realizing how much danger he was in. The trade agreement was very important. The acquisition of the hermaphrodite male was not worth the risk. It still stung his pride to be backed into a corner like this but he didn't become a leader of his country by clinging to a lost cause. Though he'd regret losing such a rare find it wasn't worth losing his life over.

Growling unhappily he said, "Fine! You have made your position very clear, Ms. Briggs. Your Commander Feral will not be bothered again from anyone in my country you have my word. Will that suffice to insure my freedom?"

Smiling triumphantly, Callie said, "Yes, I think that will do just fine."

"Crud, I really wanted to see him squirm a little more..." T-Bone growled from the dark.

The Marjipoor grimaced. "You are a very fortunate tom, stranger. I hope you treasure this special male as the rarity he is. It is possible you will be fending off others for his special talent."

"I protect what's mine! No one will touch him but me! I will beat all comers that try to take him from me!" T-Bone said coldly.

"You may have to!" The tiger said bluntly. "Now may I be released?"

"Sure. Sorry you will have to be gassed again to be returned to your hotel. Pleasant dreams." Ms. Briggs said smiling grimly as she moved back into the shadows.

Before the tiger could protest a hiss of gas was heard and the Majipoor had a last thought before he lost consciousness, "Not again!"

The SWAT Kats released the Marjipoor's bonds and prepared to carry him back to the jet.

"Do you think he'll keep his word?" T-Bone asked in concern.

"Yes! Fortunately, his country lives by the value of their word. He won't break it and just in case, I was recording it." Callie smiled as she displayed the small recorder.

Razor grinned. "You are really a sneaky she kat, Ms. Briggs." He said admiringly.

"Why thank you, I'll take that as a compliment." She grinned back at him. "Now take our subdued tiger back to his hotel room and let's get home for some much needed sleep." She ordered.

"Right! Have a good evening! And Ms. Briggs...?" T-Bone said stopping her from leaving. She paused at the stair door and looked back at him, his powerful form lit by the moon behind him.

"Yes, T-Bone?" She asked.

"Thank you for saving my mate." He said humbly.

"You are very welcome, T-Bone, goodnight!" She said warmly then turned and left.

Smiling happily to himself, T-Bone hefted the tiger on his shoulder and headed for the Turbokat.