RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


"Razor?" T-Bone called on their secure com in his helmet.

It only took a few minutes for his partner to answer. Unlike himself who slept late when he could, Jake was always an early riser.

"Yeah, T-Bone, What's wrong?" Razor asked in concern.

"Uly is not real good this morning, buddy. I think he needs to see the medic now. He's thrown up and it's nothing but dry heaving since he hasn't eaten since, I guess, early yesterday. He's very pale and weak." T-Bone said urgently.

"Okay, I'll bring Medi there. We'll let it decide if Feral should be moved to the medic room or not. I'll pick it up and be there in about fifteen, alright?" Razor said already moving to the Turbokat.

"That'll work. Thanks Razor!" T-Bone said relieved.

"No problem. Taking off now see you soon." Razor said as he took the jet out of the secret hangar and headed for their island base.

Razor got to the island in just under five minutes. He had already contacted Medi by com before arriving and was pleased to see it waiting for him in the hangar. Wasting no time, he lowered the ramp and waited as Medi rolled aboard quickly and signaled it was ready for departure. Razor took the jet back out the huge disguised sliding doors of their mountain hangar on the island and went to mach speed to reach Feral's apartment in minutes.

He landed on the apartment roof and lowered the ramp. Medi rolled out and waited for his master while Razor jumped out of the cockpit then closed the ramp and secured the jet before heading for the roof door. Using his burglar tools he opened the locked door and led the way down to Feral's floor which was, fortunately, the top floor and his apartment was only two doors from the roof stairs. They met no one this early in the morning and were standing before Feral's door in moments. He knocked lightly. T-Bone quickly opened it and ushered them in closing the door behind them.

"He's resting but his breathing is a bit heavy and I don't like how he looks." T-Bone said quietly leading the way to the bedroom.

Razor had to agree with T-Bone. Feral did not look good. His eyes were closed and his breathing didn't sound right. For a dark furred kat his pale pallor stood out plainly. Medi pushed past the two toms to the side of the bed quickly. It immediately began running a purple light from it's palm over Feral's body. It made odd little noises to itself as it opened a doctor's bag it carried. It took out a bag of ringers and proceeded to insert an IV. Then handed the bag to Razor.

"If you would please hold this at this height for me, master Razor?" Medi requested in a surprisingly melodic voice. T-Bone had expected an electronic one. Razor took the bag and held it as indicated.

Medi then placed an oxygen mask over Feral's face then gave the dark tom an injection.

"The Commander is extremely dehydrated. He's going to need at least two of these and the injection is to stop the nausea. The oxygen is only needed to give his blood a boost until the IVs have restored his electrolyte balance. I suggest a bowl of chicken broth and soda crackers as a first meal in about fifteen minutes." Medic reported.

"I'll go get that made up right now." T-Bone said then paused before leaving to ask, "Is he going to be okay?"

"He will be fine. From my scanner I've only detected dehydration, loss of weight from the nausea and stress as well as exhaustion. He will need to stay in bed for a least five days to allow his body to recover." Medic said.

"That's good news." T-Bone sighed in relief then left to get Feral a meal.

Razor continued to watch Medi do it's thing and was very pleased with its performance. This was exactly what the SWAT Kats had really needed for some time. In a few minutes the bag he was holding emptied and Medi switched it out for another and gave it back to Razor.

Feral was starting to look better. His eyes opened just as T-Bone returned to the bedroom bearing a tray. The last IV bag finished emptying and Medi took it back from Razor and removed the IV. It passed its scanner over Feral again and seemed satisfied with what it read because it removed the oxygen mask from the Commander's face. It shone a light from a fingertip into each of Feral's eyes for a moment. Feral just stared at it in bemusement.

"Your readings are much better Commander. I want you to try and drink the broth master T-Bone has brought you and to eat the crackers if you can. Liquid diet for the next forty-eight hours then more solid food. Eat many small meals. In the mornings consume a few soda crackers before getting up. It will help prevent nausea. If the nausea gets too bad you can call me again. You must stay in bed and rest for the next five days to recover properly. The foetus has put a strain on your system and the stress you underwent over the last few weeks have drained what little strength you possessed. If you do not want to be hospitalized then you will heed my instructions. Now I will leave you in your mate's paws and will see you for an OB exam in six days." Medi ordered then quietly left the room to wait for Razor to return it to their base.

"Wow! Razor Medi's good. I like it better than some of the other inventions of Hackles." T-Bone said very pleased as he placed the food tray in front of Feral. "Here you go love. Now try to finish this, okay. You really gave me a scare." T-Bone said to his mate.

"Sorry! I do feel a little better and am very hungry. That is an impressive robot medic, Razor. I could see a real use for it in combat situations." Feral said, his voice still weak as he picked up a cracker and began nibbling at it.

"Yap. It really turned out well but still needs to be tested thoroughly in the field. It was put through a six month training course with other new doctors to insure it was really ready to treat actual patients. The doctors were impressed with its performance. I believe Professor Hackle does have plans to make another and present it to the medical society and the military in about a year." Razor said pleased and surprised at the compliment from Feral.

T-Bone sat down next to his mate and helped him pick up the mug of soup. Feral's paws trembled a bit with weakness. Exhaustion made him stop and lay back for a bit before attempting anymore food. The tabby tom gently caressed his face. Feral smiled tirededly at him.

"Well, if you don't need me anymore, buddy. I'll return Medi to base and get some work done." Razor said still a little uncomfortable around the two of them.

"Sure. Thanks Razor. I'll probably be seeing you later while Uly's resting." T-Bone said nodding his thanks.

"You're both welcome. See you later, T-Bone." Razor said and left. They heard the two depart and close the door behind them. Five minutes later, they heard the Turbokat depart.

"T-Bone, I need to pee bad. Help me get out of this bed." Feral said urgently trying to push the tray out of the way.

T-Bone quickly took the tray and put it to the side and helped his mate get up and to the bathroom. Minutes later, a very relieved Feral was being tucked back into bed and the tray placed before him again.

He was steadier so was able to feed himself without assistance. T-Bone retrieved the newspaper from outside Feral's door and brought it back for them both to read. He also retrieved Feral's phone.

"Here, love, you need to contact work and let them know you're out of commission for a week." T-Bone said as he handed the phone to Feral. Sighing the Commander contacted his Sergeant. He told him to reschedule the important projects/reports for him next week and let Steele handle all the minor stuff until his return and declined any visits then he contacted Ms. Briggs. Without saying too much, he told her what the doctor had ordered and she told him she would intercede for him so no one would get too nosy about what kind of illness would keep him home a week. They hung up amicably.

"Sounds like Ms. Briggs handled that very well, Uly." T-Bone commented.

"Yes, shows she was serious about helping us out. I think I'll take a nap now, T-Bone. Why don't you go help your partner. He'll be less resentful of me if you don't leave him to handle things alone to often." Feral said softly settling himself into the bed to prepare for sleep.

"If you're sure you'll be okay, I'll go and be back to make your dinner. By the way, Razor and I are okay. He was upset but he said he understood and to give him some space to get used to us. So that worry is out of the way." He said warmly as he leaned down to give Uly a kiss.

"Good! I'm glad to hear it. I'll be okay. You go!" Feral said yawning, shooing his mate off.

Smiling in relief, T-Bone took the tray and quietly left his tired mate to get some much need rest.