RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +





*~*~*~*~*


Razor's confusion was turning to a slow burning anger while he watched his partner hug and comfort their antagonist. His keen, analytical mind put two and two together and realized that his best friend had not been seeing a she-kat all these months but Feral.

He didn't know how he was supposed to take this new information so he just simmered. Meanwhile, Feral slowly stopped crying and tried to pull away from T-Bone in embarrassment.

"God, I'm getting tired of that happening. My emotions are soo out of control." He said turning his face away.

T-Bone caught Feral's chin in his fingers and gently turned it back to him. "Hey, it's okay babe, unfortunately pregnancy hormones can do that to you, nothing to get embarrassed about...certainly not with me anyway." He said gently and kissed Uly tenderly.

Feral sighed then realized they had an audience. Glancing up he suddenly felt more trouble was staring at him. Although he couldn't see Razor's eyes, he could tell by his body language that his lover's partner was furious. This was sooo not his problem so he looked away quickly and let T-Bone help him to his feet.

Razor moved away and jumped into the jet leaving the pair alone.

"Uhm...don't look now but your problems have just gotten worse." Feral said quietly as he regained his feet.

T-Bone looked at him in puzzlement. Shaking his head at his lover's denseness, Feral lowered his voice and said, "Your partner is mad enough to spit bullets. You better come clean with him. I don't want a rift between you two. He insures your safety as you do his. A spat between you now could spell death later." He warned.

It was only then that T-Bone had realized that Razor had left them and was waiting in the jet. He sighed, "I didn't tell him because I didn't want him upset and I didn't think you wanted him to know."

"You're right, I didn't, but it hardly matters now. He knows and he's angry. Fix it!" Feral said unhappily. "As for my problem, we need to talk so take care of your partner first then come to me tonight. I really need you!"

"Nothing but an omega will keep me away, love. Are you sure you're going to be okay...you seem a little rocky?" T-Bone asked concerned.

"I'm too tired and haven't eaten or slept properly for weeks but now that you and I are okay, I can maybe eat a little and I'll go home and get some sleep instead of going back to work. I think I can now without a nightmare." Feral admitted quietly.

"Crud, I'm sorry. Take it slow and eat some soup. I'll be at your apartment as soon as I can." He promised then kissed and hugged his lover tightly before letting go and jumping into the jet. He waved from the canopy.

Feral stepped back to the doorway leading to the stairs and waved back. He watched T-Bone skillfully VTOL the jet back into the air then head off for their hangar. When he couldn't see it anymore he sighed and turned for the stairs running into Ms. Briggs standing just inside out of sight.

He stopped and felt the floor cave in under him. He grit his teeth to keep from fainting again. He felt Ms. Briggs catch him as he swayed and held on until he was steady again.

"T-Bone's right, Commander. You are still a little rocky on your feet. I'll just stay with you until we get downstairs." She said her tone indicating she would not take no for an answer.

He nodded meekly and allowed her to put an arm around his waist and walk with him as they made for the stairs. He hated to admit it but he was way too lightheaded and her arm was a big help.

She didn't say anything until they reached the elevator and got on. "Alright, Commander. I think you better explain from the beginning. I promise I will keep what you tell me under strict confidentiality but you will tell me." She said firmly.

He wanted to tell her it was none of her business but really it was in a way. Anything that had to do with the protection of the city was her business including the well being of its top defenders. She may not be his direct superior but he knew she was the one who really ran the city.

Sighing unhappily, he said, "If you don't mind, Ms. Briggs this requires a very private place so there is no chance of anyone hearing."

"No problem, I got just the place." She said simply.

The doors opened to the lobby and she let go of him so that he wouldn't be embarrassed but stayed very close to him. They walked through the huge lobby and down the stairs. She pointed to her car and he didn't argue as he climbed into the passenger side.

She began driving out into traffic without speaking. He used the time to check in. He pulled out his cell phone and called Felina.

"Felina, bring me up to date please on Pastmaster's disposition." He ordered and listened to her report. "Good...no I'm alright but I need to get some rest. Have someone pick up my car from city hall and I'll see you tomorrow. Have the Sergeant reschedule anything I have this afternoon for tomorrow if possible...no, Felina...I promise I'm fine...don't press me. Alright. Thank you." He said and hung up.

"She's concerned about you as well, I take it?" Ms. Briggs asked quietly.

"Yes. She doesn't know about this though and what's going on. We've been discreet." Feral said without going into detail. Briggs just nodded and kept driving. Feral was beginning to be confused as she got on the parkway and drove further out of town. Very soon she was pulling into the Megakat Beach State Park. She drove her car to an overlook. No one else was about. She turned off her car, opened the windows to let in the sea breeze and turned to look expectantly at him.

He had to admit this was very private and there was no way anyone could get close without being observed. He relaxed in the seat and stared blindly out at the water lapping onto the beach. This was going to be so hard to talk about. Swallowing and taking a deep breath he started at the beginning when he was raped. He glossed over the events quickly not able to dwell on them to closely even though they were months past. The kittens loss made him choke with pain and he was unable to go on for long minutes. He felt Brigg's fingers gently caress his paw comfortingly but she wisely didn't speak. He went on to describe what T-Bone had done, how they had become close and the recent fight she had witnessed.

He fell silent at last, totally drained only just realizing his hands had been tightly clasped together. He released them and rested them in his lap. Ms. Briggs stayed silent for a long time. He looked at her out of the corner of his eye and saw a sorrowful expression on her face. Finally, she spoke.

"I'm truly sorry for what has happened to you, Ulysses." She said calling him by his first name something she'd done very rarely. "I'm surprised T-Bone did what he did knowing how much animosity was between you two but not that he possessed the compassion to do it. This does put you in a very compromising position though, Commander." She said seriously.

"I know. We are both very aware of that. It's why we are soo careful. I'm afraid my emotional balance is sadly lacking right now or you would have never found out. It just hurt so bad when I thought he had used me. I should have trusted my instincts that said he would never hurt me that way but it was too easy to be angry at him and he was stupid." Feral said annoyed.

She couldn't help the look of amusement that flashed briefly on her face before she composed it again. "Yes he was stupid and now that that has been cleared up, he has a new problem of placating his furious partner. I can't say as I blame Razor." She sighed and shook her head. "What I'm most concerned about now Commander is how you intend to reconcile your stance on vigilantes and the law?"

"I tread very lightly. Their advanced weaponry and equipment have been a great help in dealing with the omegas. I allow them to aid us in capturing these crooks without too much interference and don't make an effort to arrest them anymore. But I don't verbally say or do anything that shows obvious approval of them. I can't as you said because it flies in the face of the law. So we tread it carefully. T-Bone has said he and Razor try very hard not to break any major laws. He really doesn't want me to compromise my position. So we have an understanding, one that he will have to let Razor in on. Though angry, I don't think Razor will find T-Bone and I's relationship will inhibit their abilities to be SWAT Kats but I'm not stupid enough to believe he'll be happy about it." Feral said plainly.

"You're certainly right there." She agreed. "Okay, it sounds like you two have found a happy median as it were so I won't rock the boat in anyway and still behave as I have toward the two of you so no one will get suspicious that things have changed. But how are you going to hide your pregnancy? This is number two and I know from friends of mine that you will show with this one. You certainly won't be able to hide it for long." She said in concern.

"I don't really know, Ms. Briggs. Right now I don't even know if it will survive." He admitted tightly that thought still hurt and scared him.

"Don't...Ulysses! Please don't...it should be alright this time...especially if you get proper maternity care. So don't get upset yet and let things be for now...right now you need to get lots of rest and eat properly again... and especially see a specialist...promise?" Ms. Briggs urged trying to comfort and encourage him.

"I'll try. At least I won't be alone this time." He said with a sigh.

"That's right! Now, I better get you home so you can get started on the road to health again. I know T-Bone will see that you do." She said warmly and started her car. In minutes they were headed back to town and soon she was pulling up outside his apartment building. "Please don't hesitate to call me if you need anything, Ulysses." Callie said before he climbed out of the car.

"Thank you, Callie. I appreciate that." He said as he turned and walked up to the main doors to the building. He heard Callie take off as he opened the door.